Lord of the Rings: The New Age
It's a new age after the War of the Ring. King Aragorn's rule, lands prosper, abandoned loyalties are forged a new, and the land of Middle-Earth knows peace. But the lowest caverns of the farthest mountains hold threats long forgotten. If their plans succ
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Araner the Kingslayer

Araner rode swiftly across the endless fields of Gondor. When he had heard King Elessar needed aid, he was quick to take up the call. Aragorn was his old Chieftain after all. He stopped on top of the hill and looked out onto the white city of Minas Tirith. The giant white city looked as if it had been carved out of the side of the mountain it leaned against. For all Araner knew, it had been. He spurred his horse and he rode on again. His horse was a fine, black stallion named Shadow, for it ran swiftly but quietly and under the cover of night, it was almost invisible. Araner soon came upon the large gates of the city. The gates were spread wide open because there was no threat to the men of Gondor. When he got closer, he could see several dwarves unpacking a carriage with one in full steel armor overseeing them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't drop any of those boxes, boys," Dordi ordered. There was fine stuff in which he brought as gifts to the King. One of his helpers accidentally dropped a box and it broke open to reveal a golden chain belt. Dordi sighed and pushed his way forward to pick it up and stuff it in another box, "That's why you have to be careful," he scolded the young dwarf. He looked behind him to see a man upon a black horse watching them. He wore brown leather armor with a green hooded cloak, boots, and gloves. His belt had to sheaths which had a sword in each. He also had a bow slung around his back with a quiver under it. "Ho, good Ranger," Dordi greeted, "Nothing to see, move along," The Ranger laughed as if amused and rode on into the city.

12/31/2011 #1
Liberty Prime

Caelum rode in through the gates of the pearly white city, Minas Tirith. It was a beautiful city, one that he remembered the sight of the last time he was here, except that first time wasn't of the best circumstances. He was looking for adventure, glory and excitement and so when he had heard the summons he was eager to participate in it. As he rode through the gates a guard stopped him and asked "Whats your business here?" Caelum looked down at the man. "I am here for the summons, Caelum son of Tarthan, soldier of Rohan" The guard then let him proceed, he headed first for a stable where he could keep his horse.

12/31/2011 . Edited 12/31/2011 #2
Araner the Kingslayer

Araner slid off his horse at the stables and gave the stable boy two silver to house his horse. He pulled up the hood on his cloak and started checking his gear to see if it was damaged in any way during the ride.

---------------------------------------

Dordi hefted his battleaxe and entered the city he led the horse that had pulled his carriage to the stables. "I hate horse," he mumbled as it snorted and the mist sprayed the back of his helmet.

12/31/2011 #3
Liberty Prime

Caelum had to stop and get directions from a local. The man told him how to get to a stable through the city streets. He eventually found his way to the stables. He dismounted and looked around. He saw a dwarf carrying a large battle axe and a man in a green cloak, he payed the stable boy to look after his horse.

12/31/2011 #4
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen had already gotten past the guards to this city with a letter from one of the generals, and she headed over to the stables to drop off her horse. She already knew her way around this city, as she had been here multiple times. Faen paid the stable boy as well to look after her horse, and she began to head off into the city.

12/31/2011 #5
Araner the Kingslayer

Araner walked into the throne room. He was winded from the long climb up the city, but when he saw the throne room, he knew it was worth it. It seemed as if the room was made out of silver. Everything glittered, even the statues of past kings. Araner silently walked down towards the throne. Out in front of it was a long table with about six chairs. Sitting at the foot of the throne in a stone seat sat a noble man with a mithril helm on. He stood up when Araner came in and said, "Who comes to see the King?" luckily, Araner didn't have to answer for at the moment, Aragorn and his elf bride Arwen came out from a back room. They looked very noble themselves. Aragorn wore a silver tunic and trousers. Also, he had the high crown upon his head. Arwen was dressed in a silver dress with a smaller crown with a dove on the end on her head.

"Araner," Aragorn said with his hand held out, "I knew one of my kinsmen would come to the call," Araner went to one knee and said, "Of course, my King. I am the youngest, but sturdiest and noblest of the Rangers of the North," Aragorn nodded and sat upon his throne. Arwen went to sit in the throne next to his. "Have a seat, my friend, and have some ale while the others arrive," Araner did as his King bid and took a sip out of one of the mugs. It tasted glorious, but he didn't dare to drink more. He couldn't afford to dull his senses.

--------------------------------------------------

Dordi opened the doors with and walked down the hallway. His metal boots making lots of noise after every step. He bowed to the king and said, "Dordi, son of Lordi, Gimli's brother's son,"

Aragorn smiled and said, "Welcome to Minas Tirith. Your kin have done a wonderful job on the restructuring after the battle of Pelenor fields," Dordi just nodded and sat down. He chugged the whole mug of ale down in one gulp.

12/31/2011 #6
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen walked into the throne room. She was amazed at how elegant everything looked. It was like being in a dream...everything shimmers and sparkles like nothing you've ever seen before. She noticed two others were already here. She hesitantly approached the king and got on one knee. "Good day, my leige." She looked up at him and then over to Arwen, who she smiled at before looking back at the king. She'd been in front of royalty many times, but it just felt...different this time.

(*lost*)

12/31/2011 #7
Araner the Kingslayer

Aragorn greeted, "Hello, my good elf. It's nice to see the people of the wood come to my call,"

-----------------------------------

Dordi huffed and said, "We need dwarves, not some elves that ru at the sight of a small cave,"

-----------------------------------

Araner cleared his throat and said, "You know, I hear tell that Legolas went into that one cave... what was it called again? Paths of the Dead?" he looked at Aragorn, when he nodded, Araner continued, "So, Legoals entered the paths of the dead before your uncle," Aragorn nodded in confirmation. Dordi just huffed again and took a mug from the end of the table and chugged that too.

12/31/2011 #8
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen smiled at Aragorn and stood up again. Then she took a seat at the table, next to the dwarf, and just stared at her ale. It wasn't something she'd usually drink, but she didn't want to be rude about it. So, she took a sip of it and forced it down her throat and then pushed it away again.

12/31/2011 #9
Liberty Prime

Caelum walked down the hall to where he had been told the throne room was located. The palace was magnificent, it shined like nothing he had ever seen before. The whole place like it had been polished, which it could have been but Caelum didn't know that. When he reached the throne room he was surprised to see it looked even better then the rest. He looked around and saw the man and the dwarf that he had seen back at the stables. He made his way over to the center of the room and knelt down in front of where the king sat. "Your majesty" He said "I am Caelum, son of Tarthan. I have come in accordance with your summons"

12/31/2011 #10
Araner the Kingslayer

"Welcome Caelum," Aragorn greeted, "Now I think that we are all here, from the messages I've gotten. Now it's time to tell you the truth. What I told my people was to keep them from panic, because the truth is much worse than a simple disturbance,"

----------------------------------------------

Araner perked up at this and said, "I've never known you to lie, Aragorn,"

"I know, my friend, but this was for the good of the people," Aragorn said, "One man from the third battalion managed to return with dire new. After he gave it to me, he died on the spot,"

"What could be so horrible that it would kill a man just from fright?" Dordi asked.

12/31/2011 #11
Little Tokyo Rose

"He died on the spot? How is that possible?" Faen asked, trying to think of ways it could've happened.

12/31/2011 #12
Liberty Prime

Caelum took his seat at the table laid out took a gulp from the mug of ale in front of him and waited for the king to continue.

12/31/2011 #13
Araner the Kingslayer

Araner gulped down his whole mug of ale after what Aragorn said.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"He was wounded in many places," Aragorn said, "It's a wonder he made it back at all. What he told me was... 'We saw them, my lord. Dragons. Red, Black, Blue, all of the colors of those beasts. They killed my whole battalion with breaths of fire,'"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Dragons?!" Dordi jumped from his seat, "We haven't seen one since Thorin Oakenshield went to the Lonely Mountain,"

12/31/2011 #14
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen raised an eyebrow. "Dragons...that's new." She continued listening to what the king had to say. But she did turn to the side at the other man who sat next to her and observed him. He looks harmless, she decided, and went back to listening to the king.

12/31/2011 #15
Liberty Prime

Caelum continued to listen and didn't interrupt. He drank another gulp of ale.

12/31/2011 #16
Araner the Kingslayer

"Yes, dragons," Aragorn said, "It explains that scorched land and dried rivers around the mountains they are hiding in. This is why I needed a small group of people to go and confirm what my solider had told me. You are not obliged to accept this quest and you should feel no shame in leaving during said quest. What do you all say?"

---------------------------------

Araner gulped, got out of his chair, and bowed to Aragorn, "My liege, it would be an honor to preform this quest and fulfill it to your highest standards,"

---------------------------------

Dordi rose from his chair and said, "I would also like to take upon this quest, King Elessar, for it would be important to my people to rid this world of dragons forever,"

12/31/2011 #17
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen stood up as well, "I will take on this quest, for my people would appreciate greatly if we took out the dragons."

12/31/2011 #18
Liberty Prime

"What better way to prove your strength then to kill a beast as mighty as a dragon?" Caelum stood as well. "I too accept this quest"

((Achievement get!

First quest accepted!))

12/31/2011 #19
Araner the Kingslayer

"There we go," Aragorn said as he stood up, "You four will go to the northwest. Reach the mountains further west then the Grey Havens. Scout the region for signs of dragons, and kill them if necessary. I bid you all luck and safe travels," with that, he stood up with Arwen and left the throne room to the group.

--------------------------------------------

Araner sighed and said, "I guess we should leave immediately, it will be a long journey. Fortunately, I know the land of Middle-Earth as if it was the back of my hand. I will pick out the quickest routes and safest passages,"

--------------------------------------------

"We could also go through the Mines of Moria," Dordi put in. Araner shook his head, "Did your uncle not tell you the dangers he faced down there?"

12/31/2011 #20
Little Tokyo Rose

"I know ways to go, too..." Faen muttered, running a hand through her long brown hair. She glanced at the three of her companions, and she sighed. This was going to be a long trip.

12/31/2011 #21
Liberty Prime

Caelum took one last gulp from the mug before placing it on the table. "You would think more would have shown up given such an honor as this" He said.

12/31/2011 #22
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen looked up at who had spoken, and nodded. "I agree. I asked some others in my town to come...but they politely declined. Pity."

12/31/2011 #23
Araner the Kingslayer

"It said it would be a dangerous quest," Araner said, "I'm surprised this many people came,"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm surprised an elf came," Dordi said.

12/31/2011 #24
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen shot a glare at Dordi. "You shouldn't be surprised."

12/31/2011 #25
Liberty Prime

"Don't judge a person by their appearance or what you have heard of them, you should know that dwarf" Caelum said. "We best leave soon"

12/31/2011 #26
Araner the Kingslayer

Dordi grumbled as he marched towards the door. Araner sighed and mumbled, "This is going to be fun," and followed after him.

12/31/2011 #27
Little Tokyo Rose

Faen looked up at Caelum and smiled, then looked away again and followed after Araner and Dordi.

12/31/2011 #28
Liberty Prime

Caelum followed the ranger and the dwarf out. "How long do you think it will take us to get there?" He asked Araner.

12/31/2011 #29
Araner the Kingslayer

"Without anything to impede our progress, which there will be, I would say about 4 months," Araner said.

12/31/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Araner the Kingslayer
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member