The Dal
A small edge of cyberspace to discuss episodes, characters, and the general craziness that is Lost Girl.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Sci F.I. Warper

So, was that episode not awesome?!

Not only did we semi get Dyson back, but Kenzi became the absolutely most awesome person ever!

3/19/2012 . Edited 3/19/2012 #1
MistressDarkness

I loved that episode! I had a bad feeling ever since Ciara showed up again that it wouldn't end well for her though :( and the way it happened, I'm sure it didn't help Kenzi feel any less like a liability. Though I am glad Bo assured her she wasn't, you could tell how much it bothered her thinking she was a liability.

I loved that Kenzi stayed behind for Dyson. That was a very risky move, but it just showed how loyal and devoted she really is to her friends. She wouldn't leave him despite the fact it was very likely they would find her and kill her (the whole being human thing and all).

The only thing I am only slightly annoyed at is Hale leaving Kenzi behind. I know Trick told him to bring Bo back alive at any cost, but I thought Kenzi meant more to him than that, especially after the whole pretending to his girlfriend :/ maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part *shrugs* It's not like it was hard to go back for her, he could have easily just picked her up and ran lol. and she wasn't in the middle of the fighting. I guess it also has to do with the fact Kenzi was willing to risk her life to save one of her friends (Dyson), but Hale being her friend wasn't willing to in return. I know he didn't want to do it, but it doesn't change the fact that he did do it.

Although this did lead to overprotective Bo, which I always love. I don't know how many times I've said this to people, but I absolutely adore how deep Kenzi and Bo's friendship is. Even Ksenia described it as more than being like sisters. I'll take Bo and Kenzi's friendship over any love relationship on the show any day :)

and I just gotta say, I LOVE the garuda's wings :D

3/20/2012 #2
Sci F.I. Warper

Yeah, Kenzi just shown in this episode (and her staying behind for Dyson has put many a fic idea in my head....)

Also, I have no idea how Kenzi could think of herself as a liability. I mean come on, in a room full of badass Fae, she's the ONLY one who managed to get a hit on the Garuda (not an effective hit, but a hit nonetheless).

3/20/2012 #3
MistressDarkness

oh yay fix! I'm always up for anything that inspires people to write new fics ;) hehe.

Well I the fact that if she hadn't have tried to hit the Garuda and been thrown by him, then Bo wouldn't have coming running to make sure she was okay. And if that didn't happen, then Ciara wouldn't have had to step in the way of the sword to save both of them. She's human and despite doing really well keeping up with the others, she doesn't have any special abilities to help keep her alive. And we know that no matter what happens to Kenzi, Bo will always risk her life to save her. Look at what happened in Mirror, Mirror with Baba Yaga. I agree with you, but I can see where her fears of being a liability stem from.

I'm actually surprised the group let her go with them to face the garuda, especially Trick after just telling her last week that she was a liability.

3/25/2012 #4
TerraK

That just seemed so cruel of Trick to me. It made sense to a point, but they need Kenzi in other ways besides on the battlefield. It made sense, but at the same time you wanna tell yourself that it was all wrong. Kenzi did risk her life to save Dyson who they all left behind to die, so that was quite awesome of her. Bo needs to be the champion, so she couldn't have done what Kenzi did.

I still am mad at Hale for not doing even the slightest effort to pull her along or tell her no. But it was for the best since they got Dyson back.

That whole human aka mortal bit though could prove quite troublesome, as you said, she doesn't have a life saving ability. So many mixed feelings!

3/27/2012 #5
Sci F.I. Warper

I think Kenzi's greatest ability, though, is the fact that she's human. The whole incident with the Norn (and to a lesser extent Meyer in season 1) shows that. Most Fae either see her as dessert, trash, or a pet that should cow to them. So when Kenzi blitz attacks them, they don't know how to react and usually their whole angle falls apart because of that.

3/27/2012 #6
Forum Moderators: Sci F.I. Warper
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member