Enter the Spider's Web
A forum where you can discuss Spider-Man in all of his incarnations, from mainstream comics to Ultimate Marvel to films to television to "Turn off the Dark" to video games and more.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
O.N 4

Mostly cause some are mentally unstable or are just plain unstable and are doomed to die in a month or so.

4/30/2012 #31
KKD Silver

No clue, girl. Maybe just to add more torture in Pete's life.

4/30/2012 #32
Rider Paladin

So they don't upstage the original. Spidercide was technically superior in that he was a Prototype-style combat metamorph, but he was pretty much created as a living weapon against Spider-Man. Kaine had enhanced powers as a side effect of his clone degeneration, but that same degeneration ate away at his body and mind, wracking him with pain and driving him insane. Ben Reilly, the closest to being Peter Parker, ultimately succumbed to similar degeneration upon his death, suggesting that he wasn't as "perfect" a clone as had been assumed beforehand. And Ultimate Jessica Drew is female and as such cannot be a Spider-Man . . . breast-binding and some good padding notwithstanding.

And a Spider-Man/Kingdom Hearts crossover where Ben Reilly turns out to be Peter's Nobody would be pretty cool. Jessica could be the equivalent of Sora's Xion.

4/30/2012 #33
KKD Silver

Well why not just print side comics about the clones like they did with the Webslinger's daughter of an alternate reality, aka Spider-Girl?

4/30/2012 #34
Rider Paladin

They are working on that right now with the new Scarlet Spider title, which stars a redeemed Kaine, healed of his clone degeneration, down in Houston, Texas as their new resident wall-crawler. The Scarlet Spider name wasn't chosen by him, just like its original bearer didn't choose the name, but it has a special resonance here since Kaine is trying to be a better man than he once was and would likely see carrying on the mantle as a way of honoring his "brother." So far, it's presented Kaine as a darker take on Peter, someone who didn't get the loving home that Peter was raised in and instead had to fight every day to survive, making some bad choices along the way and now living with the consequences of those earlier decisions.

4/30/2012 #35
O.N 4

Yeah Kaine as Scarlet Spider at first wasn't too sure but now..its freaking perfect and i love his costume.

4/30/2012 #36
Rider Paladin

Yeah, the costume was pretty cool. At first, I thought it could use a little more black to break up all the red, but it generally works fine as it is. Helps that Ryan Stegman is awesome with the art.

4/30/2012 #37
KKD Silver

Yea... I do like it... but I prefer the classic Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider costume. I mean, how many super heroes wearing tight do you know who'd wear some form of hoodie as part of their costume?

4/30/2012 #38
O.N 4

I know that was cool..But sadly Kaine has some unresolved issues with Ben which is probably way he didn't wear his suit.

4/30/2012 #39
KKD Silver

I know. I talked to a friend about this, and he said many comic fans HATE Ben. I think they never even gave him a chance, and if any deceased super hero need to come back for friends to better understand and appreciate him, it would be him, Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider.

4/30/2012 #40
O.N 4

Yeah i agree...You know i wonder when others Heroes go after Kaine to confront him about being Scarlet Spider.

5/1/2012 #41
Rider Paladin

It'll probably come around or after issue 12. The point is to get Kaine and his new environs and supporting cast established before they can start bringing in other superheroes, although given Yost's previous work, a team-up with X-23 would be welcome. As for people hating Ben, while I will admit that there is still some lingering hostility towards him, it's outweighed by people who feel he got a raw deal, as he was perfectly acceptable, tolerable, and even likable (at a time when Peter himself wasn't) before Marvel tried to pass him off as "the one, true Spider-Man." Plus, with the unresolved issues between him and Kaine and Kaine assuming his mantle in the current comics, he is due for a reappearance of some kind to address that.

5/1/2012 #42
O.N 4

I hope so plus i'm looking forward to minimum Carnage it'll be an interesting team up between Kaine and Flash i can't wait for their reactions when they meet each other.

5/1/2012 #43
O.N 4

Also i'm dying to know when Peter finds out Kaine is the Scarlet Spider what will he think and would Steve Rogers think of adding Scarlet Spider to his Avengers team.

5/4/2012 #44
Rider Paladin

From what I've heard, it sounds like the Avengers are going to find out about Kaine in issue 5 of Scarlet Spider.

5/4/2012 #45
O.N 4

Hmmm i'll look that up.

5/4/2012 #46
Mulunia
Question: Does Spiderman ever mutate in the comics (Spider Queen notwithstanding)?
5/8/2012 #47
Rider Paladin

He did once become a Spider-Hulk.

5/8/2012 #48
Mulunia
0.o? Please explain.
5/9/2012 #49
Rider Paladin

The long and short of it was that there was some device that accidentally stripped the gamma power from the Hulk, turning him back to Bruce Banner, and transferred it to Spider-Man, turning him into "Spider-Hulk," though he just called himself Spider and engaged in "Hulk speak." It was undone by the end of the issue, though I don't have specific details on hand and it's been years since I read about it.

5/9/2012 #50
O.N 4

Though it did happen again doing War world Hulks.

5/9/2012 #51
Mulunia
Wow. I've noticed that there are three Bruces. 1) Bruce Wayne. 2) Bruce Banner. 3) Bruce the Gargoyle that Spidey likes to talk to.
5/10/2012 #52
Rider Paladin

Yeah, that's kind of funny, actually. I might be able to think of a few more. And Bruce the Gargoyle sadly only exists in Spider-Man: The Animated Series. Going back to the subject of Spider-Man and his clones, who is looking forward to the inevitable confrontation between Spider-Man and the new Scarlet Spider? Secondly, who else thinks Ultimate Spider-Woman should get some more face-time?

5/10/2012 #53
O.N 4

I think Peter and Kaine will meet up soon despite no matter how much the latter dosen't want to. And Jessica i think she should get more involed with Miles to help him in her Peter's place as its what he would do.

5/10/2012 #54
Rider Paladin

Speaking of clones, Scarlet Spider #6 came out last month and it seems to have wrapped up the beginning of Kaine's arc quite nicely. He has a confrontation with Ana Kravinoff, who is out to finish the job that was started in "Grim Hunt," and talks with a priest in the aftermath, who helps him gain some closure over his guilt about getting a second chance at life when his brother (Ben Reilly) didn't despite being a better man in Kaine's eyes. He is also informed of his Scarlet Spider moniker (or was that #5?) and is rather annoyed by it as much as Ben was, not to mention that his charge Aracely, the girl he rescued from a human trafficking ring in the first issue, insists on wearing a blue hoodie. Now we can look forward to the start of a new arc in #7 and the arrival of a new artist as Ryan Stegman has moved on to Fantastic Four.

7/9/2012 #55
O.N 4

Yeah i'm loving the new Scarlet Spider series so far.

7/9/2012 #56
Rider Paladin

New arc's started, and since Kaine has set up shop in Houston, Texas . . . it was only a matter of time before he encountered . . . THE RANGERS! And no, not the Power Rangers, the Texas-based Marvel superhero team known as The Rangers. Why are they about to fight each other? Kaine's been digging into Roxxon's dirty business since the girl he saved in the same issue turned out to have been trying to blow up Roxxon for some reason, and The Rangers, not knowing what's what, are about to get into a classic "superhero misunderstanding" fight with him. Fun times.

7/17/2012 #57
O.N 4

It truly is an unexpected team-up..and i say that cause we all know Kaine and the Rangers will join forces after their misunderstanding.

7/17/2012 #58
Rider Paladin

Oh, yeah. And as long as we're talking clones, I am still looking forward to Spider-Woman's next appearance in Ultimate Marvel. Also, I am looking forward to her being adapted into Ultimate Spider-Man or the new Avengers animated series, since that seems to be a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Spider-Man has already appeared there.

7/18/2012 #59
O.N 4

As am i...but how would it work i wonder.

7/18/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Rider Paladin
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member