Enter the Spider's Web
A forum where you can discuss Spider-Man in all of his incarnations, from mainstream comics to Ultimate Marvel to films to television to "Turn off the Dark" to video games and more.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Rider Paladin

Spider-Man, as arguably the most iconic of Marvel's solo superheroes that aren't Wolverine of the X-Men, has had a lot of crossovers and a lot of team-up meetings with various superheroes. He's gone around and over every corner of the Marvel Universe, meeting (and fighting) all sorts of strange, quirky, cool, fascinating, and all-around awesome characters. Some of those characters, he's gone on to form long-lasting bonds with, like the Fantastic Four (Human Torch in particular), Daredevil, the armored Avenger Iron Man, and the Astonishing X-Men, some fonder of him than others. To many younger heroes, Spider-Man is the cool older brother who's not as much of a stick-in-the-mud as his more "adult" contemporaries, because he remembers what it was like when he was a teenage superhero starting out and didn't have a lot of people in his corner willing to look out for him. To many of his "adult" contemporaries in the hero business, he's that endearingly annoying little brother who occasionally reminds them that he is someone to take seriously when he's in the mood to get serious. Nearly every one of them respects the hell out of him for the grueling effort he puts in to defend New York City more-or-less on his lonesome despite all the bad press he constantly gets from the media and the lack of thanks he gets from the general public, even if they think he could stand to stop quipping so much.

Spider-Man has even had team-ups across publishers, with him joining forces with Batman and Superman from DC Comics at separate points in both companies' histories. He was a participant in the Marvel vs. DC miniseries epic of 1995-1996, though that was technically Ben Reilly as opposed to Peter Parker, and beat Superboy, the teenage clone of Superman. He's also teamed up with the barbarian warrior woman Red Sonja, who was actually initially published by Marvel Comics, on several occasions, and he joined forces with the Wildstorm heroes Gen13 and Backlash back in the 1990s, the latter team-up again being technically Ben Reilly as opposed to Peter Parker. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now, and there are probably some more I've forgotten.

And Spider-Man has been having even more team-ups as of late. In 2005, he joined the Avengers and has been a mainstay of the team henceforth. In 2011, after Johnny Storm's seeming sacrificial death to guard his teammates in the Fantastic Four from the Negative Zone villain Annihilus, Spidey's taken Johnny's spot in a new Future Foundation sprouted from the ashes of the Fantastic Four. Of course, with Johnny Storm having come back from the dead . . . All's to say, he's hooked up with a lot of people in the Marvel Universe, and I don't mean that in the sexual sense. What are your favorite team-ups? What superheroes do you think he works best with? What superheroes do you think he's not suited to join forces with on a less-than-absolutely-desperate basis? Which superhero ladies do you think he should be paired up with, if that's your thing?

It doesn't even have to be limited to the Marvel Universe, it can also encompass the DC Universe, the Wildstorm Universe (which has been folded into DC as of 2011's New 52), the creations of Image/Top Cow, smaller or more independent publishers with their own interesting characters and universes, and maybe even go outside of comics proper. Just who would you like to see Spider-Man join forces with, either on the battlefield or as a more personal relationship (platonic or otherwise), in all the vastness of fiction? Don't be shy, but do be polite to one another even if you don't agree with each other's ideas.

3/19/2012 #1
Mulunia
I always wanted to see Spidey and Kirby team up together. They'd be awesome! :D
4/30/2012 #2
Rider Paladin

Kirby? Like, Kirby from Nintendo and Super Smash Brothers?

4/30/2012 #3
Mulunia
What other Kirby?
4/30/2012 #4
Rider Paladin

Dunno, I was kinda thinking Jack Kirby, a legendary comic book artist for Marvel and DC who was partly behind many of the great characters of both companies and who sadly passed on in the 1990s. Funny that, since Jack Kirby was once the face of God when the Fantastic Four went looking for Him, so Spidey would technically be teaming up with God. Silly me.

4/30/2012 #5
Mulunia
Woh. 0.0 I only knew Nintendo's Kirby. I love the Puffbal. :)
4/30/2012 #6
Rider Paladin

Yeah, Kirby is kind of cute. And as long as we're on Nintendo, how about Spider-Man and Solid Snake? After all, Snake is voiced by David Hayter, who was previously the Captain America that guest-starred in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. Funny, huh? One super-soldier to another.

4/30/2012 #7
Mulunia
Snakes eat spiders, you know. ;) The team would be pretty cool, though. :)
4/30/2012 #8
O.N V

I always wanted to see a Sonic the Hedgehog meets Spider-Man i always like the idea of those two teaming up.

4/30/2012 #9
Rider Paladin

They've got similar personalities and attitudes, so they'd probably either get along really well or just get on each other's nerves.

4/30/2012 #10
O.N V

It be funny if Spidey thinks "Oh god another Johnny Storm."

4/30/2012 #11
Rider Paladin

Heh, yeah. That could be his reaction. And Solid Snake and Spider-Man teaming up would be pretty cool, especially since Snake is such a contrast with Captain America. Spider-Man reveres Cap as a symbol of everything a superhero can and should be, but Snake represents the darker, more cynical aspect of what super-soldier experimentation can get you, and he's scarred by his experiences in a way that Cap isn't.

4/30/2012 #12
O.N V

Snake also kinda has a Frank Castle feel to him which would help Spidey be abit distrusting of him.

4/30/2012 #13
Mulunia
LOL I thought the Lunisher's name was Francis Bacon the first time I saw him. XD Kraven and his quotes...
4/30/2012 #14
Rider Paladin

You were half-right. Frank Castle's full name is Francis Castiglione. And yeah, Solid Snake being more Punisher than Cap in his outlook and methods and persona would make Spidey a bit less trusting of him, though they'd still find themselves working together for a common good. Not to mention that in the Metal Gear Solid games, you can play as a pacifist, at least in terms of nonlethal takedowns of your opponents . . . but the boss characters always die. I think.

4/30/2012 #15
O.N V

Yeah it'd be cool if Spidey thinks about working with Snake more often after they encounter.

4/30/2012 #16
Mulunia
Lol I'm playing Kirby's Adventure on my 3DS, and I totally got schooled at Ice Cream Island. :P
4/30/2012 #17
O.N V

Now i got Kirby sucking up Spidey and becoming Spider-Kirby.

4/30/2012 #18
KKD Silver

Actually, when I was thinking of a good username, I thought of something like STMKR7-Alpha, the first five letters stand for Sonic (as in Sonic the Hedgehog), Toa (like the Toa from Bionicle), Marvel (as in Marvel Comics with the Webslinger being my main focus) and Kamen Rider (which is now part of my profile name and you know how that turned out).

With that, I was thinking of having the web-slinger team up with Sonic, the Toa, and even a Kamen Rider at various points.

4/30/2012 #19
O.N V

That i'll be looking forward to.

4/30/2012 #20
KKD Silver

Whoa easy there! Those were just ideas for the time. I don't even know which one I should do first.

4/30/2012 #21
O.N V

Oops sorry...Hey maybe you could do a poll sometime in the future.

4/30/2012 #22
KKD Silver

Maybe... that all depends on how I feel. I'd personally want at least 10 actual rider stories on my profile, not including my challenges involving Yu-Gi-Oh! and the Riders.

4/30/2012 #23
Rider Paladin

To contribute, I think it'd be cool if Spider-Man teamed up with the Sailor Senshi from Sailor Moon.

5/1/2012 #24
O.N V

Yeah me too i've seen a few on this site they're good but they could've been alot better.

5/1/2012 #25
KKD Silver

Well, I haven't really been a Sailor Moon fan, but I saw one story that looked promising that crossed that series over with Kamen Rider OOO.

5/1/2012 #26
O.N V

Really i'll look that up...but yeah most crossover involing Spidey and the sailors i've read Venom was the main problem in it.

5/1/2012 #27
KKD Silver

I guess I haven't read them. If at all, I'd like to see one where Venom actually helped to solve the problem instead of being a part of it.

5/1/2012 #28
O.N V

Well in the end of one that's exactly what he does see in the sailor moon and spider-man x-overs the symbiote was sealed away by the sailors and when it was freed it went after them for revenge.

5/1/2012 #29
KKD Silver

Do you remember the title of that x-over?

5/1/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Rider Paladin
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member