Enter the Spider's Web
A forum where you can discuss Spider-Man in all of his incarnations, from mainstream comics to Ultimate Marvel to films to television to "Turn off the Dark" to video games and more.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Rider Paladin

Like any popular work of fiction, Spider-Man is also rife with fanfiction or fanfic fuel, particularly thanks to 50 years of awesome comics and awesome stories in other media featuring the Web-Head. Some fanfiction is rooted in Spider-Man canon, while others diverge into alternative possibilities for Peter Parker and his supporting cast and foes. Some of that fanfiction deals with Peter's relationships, with slash pairings with Harry Osborn being rather popular thanks to the Raimi films and slash pairings with Iron Man and Daredevil being somewhat popular with comics fans familiar with the wall-crawler's relationships with them in canon. There are some that slash Peter's love interests together, like Mary Jane Watson and Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane and Felicia "Black Cat" Hardy. Some go for alternative hetero pairings for Spider-Man, usually with fellow superheroes or even super-villains, just for novelty value.

Some of that fanfiction simply aims to tell stories on the scope of some of Spider-Man's best comic book tales and story arcs, or deal with the unseen fallout from those same tales and arcs. Some fanfiction has him cross over into other series, either in person or conceptually speaking, and the resulting combinations can be very well-done if handled properly. Some of those crossover fictions even have Spider-Man or someone from his supporting cast being paired with a character from the other side, so to speak. All of which can be very awesome if handled correctly.

Here is where we discuss Spider-Man fanfiction, whether fanfiction we've read ourselves or fanfiction ideas we've come up with ourselves. Just remember to respect one another no matter what differences in opinion might arise, and we'll all have fun.

3/20/2012 #1
OverNerd03

I'd like to discuss Avenging Sentai which is based on the Toei's Spider-Man series.

3/25/2012 #2
Rider Paladin

Sounds good to me. We can bounce ideas back and forth here, too. By the way, I've come up with an idea for the Japanese Spider-Man 2099, namely that he's actually a cyborg with spiderlike powers and abilities encoded in his cybernetics and bioware. The suit he wears is designed to cooperate with those cybernetics and enable him to use his abilities to their fullest and deadliest extent. How does that sound?

4/30/2012 #3
OverNerd03

Sounds good to me..also i got this idea that in his time the events of Code Geass is going on.

4/30/2012 #4
Mulunia
What if we started RPs here?
4/30/2012 #5
Rider Paladin

Could be interesting, but we'd have to be careful. I'd rather not the RP be all this forum's known for; we've got plenty of RP forums as it is.

4/30/2012 #6
OverNerd03

Agreed..But what do you think about having the Japanese spidey 2099 being involed in code geass?

4/30/2012 #7
Mulunia
I have no idea what that is. :/ Sorry. Yeah, maybe this just being a chat forum is better than RP. :)
4/30/2012 #8
Rider Paladin

The long and short of it is that Code Geass presents an alternate history where the British Empire continued on and evolved into the Holy Britannian Empire, a ruthlessly expansionist kingdom that eagerly swallowed up other countries into its mass and then stripped those countries of their prior identity and culture, reducing them to numbered "Areas" and making their denizens second-class citizens at best. In the wake of this monstrosity comes the exiled prince Lelouch vi Britannia, who upon gaining the Power of Absolute Command through a deal with a mysterious witch-girl named C.C. swears to destroy the nightmare created by the Britannian Empire and usher in the dream of a new future where all exist as equals. Of course, that's partly a facade for his own revenge on the Britannian Empire for casting off him and his paraplegic and blind sister Nunnally as though they were garbage, albeit a facade that helps him become founder and leader of a resistance force known as the Black Knights under the mask and alias of "Zero."

Complicating things is that his best friend Suzaku Kururugi, a former Japanese prince, has become a soldier in the Britannian forces as part of a plan to rise up in rank and prestige so that he can change Britannia from the inside --- a premise doomed on its face due to the entrenched Britannian nobility and their contempt for "Numbers." These opposing views on how to end the terror and misery brought to the world by the Britannian Empire end up the source of much pain and conflict not only for Lelouch and Suzaku, but also for many if not most of the people around them and eventually the world around them, leading to a conclusion that many would find positively heart-wrenching.

4/30/2012 #9
OverNerd03

I know that but the idea is that its happens in the year 2099 that's the only change i'm suggesting.

4/30/2012 #10
Rider Paladin

I know, but Mulunia didn't and I was explaining mostly for his/her benefit.

4/30/2012 #11
OverNerd03

Ohh my bad.

4/30/2012 #12
Rider Paladin

Just ought to mention, though, the nickname for 2099's Spider-Man is "S-Man," not "Spidey." And where'd your icon come from?

4/30/2012 #13
Mulunia
(I'm a her.) Wow. That's depressing. :( What if there was a Japanese version of J.J.? XD
4/30/2012 #14
OverNerd03

Oh well its from a mecha series one of my favorites just look at google images and type Genesic GaoGaiGar.

4/30/2012 #15
Rider Paladin

Good to know, Mulunia. And thanks, overnerd02. Indeed, the story of Code Geass is a depressing one; for all the awesome mecha (Knightmare Frame) fights, it's a generally miserable world in desperate need of a hero, even if Lelouch isn't exactly a perfect fit. And a Japanese version of Jameson would be interesting, although we kind of got that in the Iron Man anime with Nanami's boss at Tokyo Journal, who was voiced by Daran Norris, the voice of Jameson in Spectacular Spider-Man.

4/30/2012 #16
OverNerd03

Yeah that dude was funny i actually think he and Jameson would be best friends.

4/30/2012 #17
Mulunia
Yep. Callen' heros bad guys and taen' names. ;) GTG, by the way.
4/30/2012 #18
Rider Paladin

Catch you around sometime, Mulunia!

4/30/2012 #19
OverNerd03

Okay so let's come up with how S-Man 2099 get involed with the cast of Code Geass.

4/30/2012 #20
Mulunia
I'm baaack! XD How 'bout he was taking a certain time-traveling car for a test drive...
4/30/2012 #21
OverNerd03

Well that would make sense for the original Spidey by the way love back to the future. But back to topic the Spider-Man 2099 is already in the Code Geass world as its occuring in his timeline i'm talking about how does he meet Lelouch and the other characters and his relationship with them.

4/30/2012 #22
Mulunia
No idea.
4/30/2012 #23
Rider Paladin

That would be an interesting thing to discuss, but it'd make more sense to take that to the PMs or at least wait until more people come in who've heard of Code Geass.

4/30/2012 #24
OverNerd03

Right i agree with that.

4/30/2012 #25
Mulunia
Maybe I should test my idea by starting an RP forum (not here, of course). One of my fanfics were trolled one the first chapter, and I'm still scared. o.o
4/30/2012 #26
KKD Silver

Yea... like I mentioned in other topics, how about a Spidey Tale where he ends up teaming up with Sora from Kingdom Hearts?

And as I suggested, maybe crossing over his world with Sonic's, the Toa from Bionicle, or Kamen Rider. Still working out the kinks in the various ideas, though.

4/30/2012 #27
OverNerd03

Well for the Kamen Rider one it depends is he meeting a rider or is he becoming one?

5/1/2012 #28
KKD Silver

That depends on the rider. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of the heisei riders, and ...let's say I chose like Den-O or Decade, he'd be meeting the rider and teaming up with them. However, I'd find it interesting if he became a rider like OOO, Double, or Fourze (preferably the first two since I'm working on getting info for Fourze).

5/1/2012 #29
OverNerd03

I think Peter would make an excellent OOO personally.

5/1/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Rider Paladin
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member