The Parade
Welcome to Parade, home to the Rookie's Choice Awards, chatting and lots more!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Lazerwolf314

This is the topic to introduce yourself! No need for specifics and safety is important. If you don't wish to tell us something, that's fine. Whatever you feel comfortable with. Please don't give out your full name, location or any other personal details.

Name:

What brought you here?:

What fic are you most proud of? (If you're a reader, what is your favorite?):

One interesting fact?:

Everyone is welcome to answer these; we look forward to hearing from each one of you!

3/12/2012 . Edited 3/12/2012 #1
Lazerwolf314

I'll go first!

I'm Angela, but I go by Lazer.

I'm 16 and lovin high school life.

Well... I wanted to bring recognition to all the amazing Rookie Blue fics out there. So that's why I'm here.

Lingering Shadows is my baby. I love that fic.

Interesting fact... I love Zombies. Just do.

3/12/2012 #2
meliecom

My turn! :)

Name: Umm.. Amélie! :)

What brought me here?: I don't know, my love for Rookie Blue? I'm totally in love with that tv series!! And with Sam Swarek! Isn't he cuuute??

What fic am I most proud of? I kinda like my new baby "The kiss that missed" but I'm pretty proud of "The good choice" wich is a Rookie blue fic too!! And I was also really proud of my first fanfiction, it was a Bones' fanfiction, "36 jours de sang"

One interesting fact?: I want to be a maths teacher in college!! :P So even if I looooove writing, maths are also a big part of my life!!

BTW, lazerwolf, I LOVE Lingering Shadows too!! I'm reading it since the beginning and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter! :)

3/14/2012 #3
Lazerwolf314

Welcome meliecom! Nice to meet you ^.^

BTW, lazerwolf, I LOVE Lingering Shadows too!! I'm reading it since the beginning and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter! :)

Wow, thank you! :D

3/15/2012 #4
HeheheHambulance

Name: Emma!

What brought me here: Ummm... Saw it at the bottom of Moonlight On the Sea and decided to check it out.

Fic I'm most proud of: One and Only! New chapter should be up within a couple of days. As a reader, I'm in love with I Think You Might Be Superman, such a good fic!

Interesting fact: I sprained my ankle playing Capture the Chicken... (No, I'm not insane, just slightly crazy. :P)

3/17/2012 #5
Lazerwolf314

Hi there HeheheHambulance!

3/21/2012 #6
srsn

Hey =)

Name: Sofie

What brought you here?: Was sending a PM to a friend and read that there was a this RB forum on ffnet (Yes, I've been an idiot and hadn't noticed that ffnet had forums :P)

What fic are you most proud of?: Can't Let Go is definitely the one I'm most proud of, it was a really big challenge and took some unexpected turns but I really liked how it turned out.

One interesting fact: I'm living in China training martial arts (I'm really from Norway)

3/25/2012 #7
dcj

Name: Denise

What brought you here?: I'm going to help moderate your Rookie's Choice awards and I wanted to stay involved.

What fic are you most proud of? (If you're a reader, what is your favorite?): That's a tough one. Maybe Keep Telling Yourself as it was the first story where I involved an actual case. But I'm also proud of Way Better Than Paperwork because I really liked the metaphor it showcased and How'd You Do It because the idea was just so out there.

One interesting fact?: I can say the alphabet backwards faster than most people can say it forwards.

3/30/2012 #8
dreamer1978

Name: Jan

What brought you here?: Curiosity to find out what people were saying.

What fic are you most proud of? I am most proud of is Second Chance. The reason i am proud of it, is that Melanie Nicholls-King actually took her time and read it. She loved the story and thought I got the characterization of Noelle correct. It was hard to choose between my current story and that one, its like choosing who is you favourite Aunt.

One interesting fact?: I can do British sign language.

4/1/2012 . Edited 4/1/2012 #9
Lazerwolf314

Hi Sofie and Jan! Welcome.

Nice to see you around Denise. :)

4/2/2012 #10
vixenali

Name: Alison

Age: On my 30th bday (5 months ago), someone thought I was 16!

What brought you here?: Your story with discussions of fic awards.

I'm a reader, so my favorite fic: This is hard; there are so many! I loved Spare Room (it was one of the first RB fics I've read)

One interesting fact?: I can play the violin.

4/2/2012 . Edited 4/2/2012 #11
RBCrazyFan

Name: Cyth or Cythy (not my real name but the name I go by on all these boards)

Age: Over 20 (my family has this theory that you don't say your age over 20...my grandmother even told that to a cop)

What brought you here?: I love Rookie Blue and we have some amazing authors on this board who deserve recognition.

What fic are you most proud of? (If you're a reader, what is your favorite?): I actually have not posted it and I don't know if I ever will but it is called Running Away and it is about what happens when Sam goes undercover and Andy finds out that they hid details from him that could get him killed (I started it at the end of season 1...and then laughed when the whole Brennan story arc came about)

One interesting fact?: I used to hate writing

4/2/2012 #12
Freedom-In-Fantasy

Ok, well I go by Freedom-In-Fantasy here, but if you want sometyhing shorter to say, Lily. My age is just hitting legal. What bought me here was I'd heard about it and was keen to check out something that had other people as mad on Rookie Blue as I was. The fic I'm most proud of is Copper, its the first fic I've done that I've felt really motivated to keep going with the whole time I've been writing it. And an interesting fact is I love chocolate, so I have been in heaven on Earth these past few days.

4/9/2012 #13
tiva forever2009-2010

well hi there...

Name: Lilly Alexander

What brought you here?: my friend told me about it in high school and i've been coming here ever since. i love coming here b/c you can escape reality for a little while.

What fic are you most proud of? (If you're a reader, what is your favorite?): the one i'm most proud of is called, 'Kono's Favorite Song' it was my frist fic that i actually finished and it's my baby.

One interesting fact?: hmmm lets see i really get invovled in my stories and the ones i read. i also love moonlight, i love to rewatch it off of youtube.

4/10/2012 #14
Lazerwolf314

Hola Cyth, Alison and Lily and Lilly! :)

4/10/2012 #15
jimi18
Hi I'm Sarah and I am old enough to know better! I came here via bones fanfics ( reading) . I have written for Vampire Diaries ( tv & book) and now RB. I don't seem to have a favorite there are a few that I enjoy reading again. I have been very slow in updating my fanfic due to studying. My first exam of the year is today! So I have been constantly studying ! Not really sure which fic I am most proud of. I'm based in the UK so the new season doesn't arrive here until October!
4/26/2012 #16
Mamaverd

My name is Lisa. I write under the name Mamaverd.

I am 43 years old. Yeah I know I'm old.

I look for any opportunity to chat with the people that share our common thread of Rookie Blue combined with our love of writing.

Quite proud of New York State of Mind, I am a hopeless romantic and was able to play it out in that story. As a reader, there are so many good ones but Conversations in the Car was the first fan fiction I ever read and that hooked me forever.

Interesting fact: I helped set up a house for a Long Island family on the show Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Got to work with Ty and the gang. Wonderful people

4/27/2012 #17
Lazerwolf314

Welcome Sarah and Lisa!

4/28/2012 #18
sfrio
Name: Rio Age: not only old enough to have kids most of your ages, do have sons most of your ages What brought you here? Rookies Choice Awards Fic: Wish I had time to write ... too many faves to list ... that's what the awards are for, right? Interesting fact: Have lived in 9 countries but ended up right back home in SF
5/1/2012 #19
aolande1

Name: Andraya

Brought me here: Needing more McSwarek after every single episode ended. When in doubt? Fanfic. Always.

Fic I'm most proud of: I guess my very first 5 chapter fic - "I'll See You Around." I still can't believe I managed to write a story with 5 chapters. I don't think I could do it now. As a reader, which is what I mainly am, my favorite (and this was a super tough decision) story is "The Distance" by margie311.

Interesting fact: Gosh, IDK. I'm not very interesting. I guess I'll just say a little bit more about me. I'm a nursing student and I live in Las Vegas. I guess living in Vegas would qualify as an interesting fact, huh? =P

5/3/2012 #20
Lazerwolf314

Hi Rio and Andraya! Welcome.

5/6/2012 #21
margie311

Name: Margie

What brought me here: RB fanfic :)

Fic most proud of: ....I'm not exactly sure, I could write about Sarah from The Distance/A Weekend Away for ever, but since I'm working my butt off on it now, I'd better say The Witness.

One interesting fact: I haven't spent more than 4 consecutive years in one state since I was 18.

5/12/2012 #22
Sairs J

Name: Sarah

What brought me here... Well I've been an avid reader of fan fiction for fifteen plus years... Read my first one in the early nineties when I was in my X-Files phase. Discovered fan fiction.net in my Buffy Phase and have never left. Been a member since 2002. Wow that's ten years! Just noticed that! Been writing stories since the late nineties. Found RB Fic soon after seeing the first two episodes of season one, I became an avid Andy and Sam fan.

Fic I'm most proud of: To protect Innocence, the longest piece I've written and also it had a crime driven storyline.

one interesting fact: I lived in three different countries before the age of four.

5/12/2012 #23
Lazerwolf314

Hey Margie and Sarah; thanks for stopping in.

5/13/2012 #24
Copper's Mama

Hello, all.

My name is Corrie, I'm currently 22. My fanfic username used to be samcamstargate1, but I changed it to Copper's Mama a few months ago. I was the first writer to post in the Rookie Blue section, a little fic titled "The Things We Do When We're Jealous" ... that seems like ages ago now. I used to have an exact count of the number of Rookie Blue stories I've written ... I think it's around 104.

I was brought here by a comment CytheraofNaxen left on my blog, and wanted to check it out.

It's hard to pick one fic that I'm most proud of. Overall, I think my best work is a tie between my Harry Potter fic "Going Home", and my True Blood fic "Burn Out the Sun", which actually won 1st place in an Energize W.I.P. award. In the Rookie Blue fandom, my best work is probably "What We Do For Family", which is regrettably still in-progress (I know, I'm a terrible person!).

One interesting fact? ... Do I have to pick just one? I guess an interesting fact about me is that I have more bookshelves than walking space in my room, and still my collection continues to grow.

6/4/2012 #25
Lazerwolf314

Welcome Corrie; thanks for stopping in!

6/5/2012 #26
ClassicBeauty23

Name: Madelyn (Maddie)

What Brought You Here: In my One Tree Hill phase of life I stumbled across FanFiction, but now I only read and write for Rookie Blue mainly!

What Fic Are You Most Proud Of?: Probably most proud of "Three's Company" because I actually finished that one, but my one shots "Go" and "One and Only" are up there as well. As a reader my all time favorite RB fic is "Conversations in a Car."

Interesting Fact: I've played piano for a long time, but never went to recitals because I probably have the worst stage fright known to mankind.

6/6/2012 #27
Midnight Raptor

Gosh, I've been off of this site for so long! The semester's really been murdering me. Never even knew these forums existed. Probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for the Rookies Choice PM I got (SUPER flattered and humbled, by the way). Anyway, here's me!

Name: Danielle

Age: 19 but soon to be 20; nursing major hence my absence; don't know how I do it but I do

What brought you here?: To the fanfic world? Lost actually. I started off writing Lost then moved on to Pirates of the Caribbean, dabbled in Harry Potter, progressed to House then to Grey's Anatomy, and finally to our beloved Rookie Blue! I have this thing where I'll know if I'm in deep with a fandom if I start writing fanfiction about it. And I just fell in love with RB and its characters. Every episode had me thinking of all the different things I could write about it afterwards.

I've always loved writing and started way back before I could appreciate the fact that what I wrote way back then was horrendous. But I kept at it and as they say, practice makes perfect. Didn't start writing fics until I was more confident but it was still a long way off. If you read my fics from earliest to recent, you'll see what I mean.

What fic are you most proud of? (If you're a reader, what is your favorite?): This is impossible haha. But of the RB fics I've written, I especially love "The Ways I Fell For You" and "You're My Someone Else." "The Ways I Fell For You" was probably the most fun I had in terms of coming up with different scenarios for each chapter. And "You're My Someone Else" was just me living vicariously. "After All This Time" also has a special place in my heart because I managed to finish all 6 chapters smack dab in the middle of the semester, something that I can't seem to do right now with my current fic.

Interesting fact: Um...would having a photographic memory count? Haha works wonders during exams. I also sometimes write stories backwards. Start with the ending then work from there. Sounds a little bizarre but it works out quite nicely if I do it right.

Anyways, so great to meet you guys! It's nice to put some names on the pen names I've been seeing here in the RB community. I admire all of you. :)

6/8/2012 . Edited 6/9/2012 #28
PissyNovelist

Name:People honestly just call me PissyNovelist! That's my author name, that's how it's going to stay!

What brought you here?:What brought me to fanfiction was a distain for the lack of Bruce/Joker love. What brought me to this forum was a lovely inbox sayign I was nominated for these things XD Pretty awesome wake up call, won't lie.

What fic are you most proud of? (If you're a reader, what is your favorite?):I suppose Girl Fight, because people like it, I got nominated for it. I also love my new story Lock Down because it's a horror/romance mix, which is actually the genre I want to write in for the rest of my life. Gotta love that horror.

One interesting fact?: I have a weird attraction to Josh Hutcherson's jaw... like, I adore that jaw. I don't even LIKE square jaws, but it looks so absolutly wonderful on him that I just melt everytime I see a picture that defines his perfectly square jaw.

6/10/2012 #29
Lazerwolf314

Hi Maddie, Dannielle and PissyNovelist (may I call you PN?).

Welcome; thanks for dropping by.

6/11/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Lazerwolf314 Rookies Choice RB Awards, dcj
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member