Guily Crown ギルティクラウン RP and Discussions
Guilty Crown shall rise from its vacant forum state! All Guilty Crown fans, gather here to roleplay, debate or just discuss Guilty Crown! GC forever!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
SoulElixir

If you've clicked on this thread, you've probably had a crappy day.

So, go ahead and vent and cry. People will be here to comfort you (or laugh at you...).

3/20/2012 #1
Outwards
Well, just a rant. theendingtothisanimemademewanttomurderkittensimeanhonestly. /endrant
5/13/2012 #2
SoulElixir

Yeah, I think everyone felt that way. Some things didn't even make sense...

1) If Arisa's void stopped defending her and she got shot with multiple soldiers in front of her, how the hell did she get out alive a few scenes later?!

2) If a freakin' building collapsed on Shu, how the hell did he survive?!

Seriously, I'm more dissapointed that the ending barely made any sense...

5/17/2012 . Edited 9/30/2012 #3
amitakartok

1) All we saw is that she gets hit ONCE. And if you listen closely, the soldiers stopped firing immediately afterwards. Makes sense as she was now an unarmed civilian they'd have no reason to kill.

2) Inori did it. Somehow.

I agree with you on that last count; even freaking Evangelion makes more sense. And from someone who watched the finale less than two hours before writing this, that's saying something. Aside from this, the show was enjoyable; Gai's the meanest badass this side of Kamina, hands down.

However... why did they have to kill off poor Hare?! WHY?!? (bawls)

9/24/2012 #4
SoulElixir

Yeah, I was quite upset at that too D:

9/30/2012 #5
aegyosonyu
It was a very sad beginning to the ending.... As a climax.... With Hare....:(
10/7/2012 #6
Lost Guy

the ending had me in tears... honestly SHU DESERVED A HAPPY ENDING! not going blind and losing the love of your life... and another thing that had me sad was the death of the 2nd greatest American who ever lived... Dan Eagleman.

10/11/2012 #7
Vuken

Ahhhh, good Lord. I'd never clicked in the forums before, so I had no idea a venting thread existed.

Where should I even begin? Guilty Crown was so bad I can't decide where to punch it first.

Watching GC was an extremely disappointing experience, so I'll write here all of the reasons why I got so mad at the show that I decided to write a reconstruction for it.

First and foremost, I must say I was nearly screaming from excitement during the opening sequence of the first episode. For four minutes, I was led to believe that I had stumbled upon a series that would provide the following:

• Excellent visuals: The sceneries were gorgeous, character design was appealing, animation was fluid, fantastic color palette... what else could I ask for in the visual department?
  • Top-notch sound: Euterpe playing during the whole sequence? You serious!? And on top of that, the sound effects and voice acting were pretty good too!
  • Good storytelling: The simultaneity of the events happening during the intro sequence, with Shu watching a video of Inori while she's getting shot and thrown off a bridge, was just too damned amazing. The possibilities for intertwining their lives were infinite, and I was practically biting my nails off in anticipation of what was happening next.
  • Good storyline: This was a bit after the intro sequence, but still pretty close. When Shu was explaining what had happened with the Apocalypse Virus and how Japan became a semi-independent nation when GHQ intervened after the Lost Christmas riots, I was very drawn into the story. I thought Shu was a wimp for being so socially awkward, but I expected him to grow some cojones after meeting with Inori.

And that's when things went to hell. Shu proved himself to be both a pussy and an idiot shortly after meeting Inori, and that annoyed me to no end. Their meeting itself was stupid, really... there were just too many instances of incoherence and absurdity in that scene alone that it made me want to cry. Here are the reasons:

1. Inori, who by now we know as being branded a terrorist, also happens to be the lead singer of the famous band Egoist
  2. The point above could be justified if we were told she had become a terrorist only recently, but later in the story we get to know she's been in the business for a few years
  3. Here's where it gets funny: Inori was using her stage outfit, which is extremely flashy by itself, to infiltrate the enemy's base. Given how Shu recognizes her in an instant, it would be plainly stupid for her to be a widely popular internet star AND still act as a terrorist in the open
  4. Back to their meeting... why is there a computer in an abandoned warehouse? And more importantly, why would Inori banging her head against the table make a video play? I've just tried smashing my face against my desk a couple of times, but Euterpe doesn't show any signs of playing anytime soon.
  5. After they eat, thanks to the mutual trust developed by the music video Shu was making (seems legit), Inori is just nonchalantly waiting there while playing with her red string even though she left an extremely visible trail of blood for the Anti-Bodies to track her with
  6. Needless to say, she is found and for some reason she jumps directly to her capture while Funell conveniently breaks down and stays with Shu
  7. "Um... that girl is hurt... could you please treat her carefully?" DUDE! *insert Ultra Gaaaaaayyyy Seal meme here*
  8. Inori is taken away just like that, and Shu is happy to be safe again

Okay, that scene sucked very hard. But don't worry, little Funell is fine again somehow and is telling Shu to take the God-Tier Void Genome to Gai somewhere in the middle of the thug lands. Shu does as the robot asks him to, and finds himself in the process of getting mugged by a group of natives of the area. But it's alright, because Gai gets there and kicks their asses anyway. This scene was just depressing as well:

1. "Oh no, he is Gai!" ... the thugs know him? People can recognize him easily and the police is inept enough to fail in getting him? Jesus.
  2. The Funeral Parlor is already there just waiting for Shu (though they expected Inori) to arrive; they already have the perimeter surrounded and are pointing their guns at the thugs threatening our little Shu-kun. Errr... something is wrong here. What if Shu never showed up? Shouldn't they be doing something like searching for their missing comrade? You know, that one who has THE Void Genome with her. Nah, fuck that shit! Let's just wait here with the thugs and pray someone shows up.
  3. Hey, look! Someone DID show up WITH the Void Genome! Wait, what? There's the girl? Ah, you let her get captured. Well, it doesn't matter, we never cared about her anyway.

The Funeral Parlor shows no concern whatsoever about wanting to rescue their captured member. And Gai doesn't seem to care much about the Void Genome either, because he lets Shu keep it for a while instead of immediately taking it away from him. Here's the deal: that little cylinder can potentially change the fate of the entire world, and Gai thinks it's fine not to secure it the instant he has the chance to do so.

Meanwhile, with Inori... she's being interrogated, even threatened with a knife to her face but she doesn't budge an inch. Not bad; she's very stupid as a terrorist, but her resolve is the real thing. What will the soldiers do to break her?

"Okay, guys! See everyone here in the neighborhood? Let's just shoot them all up, because we can and we want to. Oh, what about the girl, you ask? We'll shoot her as well, but nut just yet: let us wait to kill a dozen unrelated civilians or so and THEN we'll shoot her. I don't know why, let's just do it that way."

You serious!? They even deploy ENDLAVES to fire indiscriminately in the streets. Those things are war machines! And what's the damned use of killing civilians? The GHQ is just playing the role of a scumbag and oppressive government who can open fire at an entire neighborhood and still be alright. Nobody seems to care about it, and the GHQ itself didn't really have any reason to kill as many innocent people as they did during the first episode. It was just a cheap way to make the audience say "oh no, these are the bad guys!"

The Funeral Parlor joins the fight (kinda... their only real fighter is Ayase, because using guns against Endlaves doesn't really work) and Shu is conveniently separated from the group. Just take a look at the scene and you'll immediately notice that it makes no sense. Shu and Gai were together when Tsugumi said "Oh crap, there's an Endlave to the left!". Ayase immediately delivers it death from above, and suddenly Shu is entirely isolated from the rest of the Funeral Parlor. How did that even happen? It doesn't make sense at all; nobody moved from where they were, so it would be impossible for a wall of fire to separate Shu and the others.

But well, Gai tells Shu to go find Inori. Yep, he told Shu to do that while he still had the Void Genome with him. Go on, Tsutsugami Gai, ask an untrained and unarmed high school sissy to go search for the girl who is most certainly under heavy surveillance in the middle of the enemy field. Ah, yes, and Shu still has the Void Genome, so if he is captured then the GHQ will easily recover the stolen sample and call it a day. Shu is the protagonist and it's episode 1, so he'll be okay.

Ayase joins the battle and fires a couple of missiles. One of them lands behind the truck where Inori is being held captive, and the explosion makes it trip to the side. Now, HERE is another of the things that really made me mad at Guilty Crown: when someone is captured, escaping is extremely easy. Danger is inexistent, and the enemy is simply too incompetent to do anything against anyone. Ah, and if they open fire at someone, the bullets just hit the floor. No exceptions other than Hare's death. Here's the example: when the truck falls to its side, all the soldiers keeping an eye on Inori are knocked unconscious just like that. But of course, Inori herself is unscathed: how would anything happen to her? It's simply impossible.

So, Inori simply walks out of the truck to find herself face-to-face with two Endlaves. What does Inori do to save herself? Does she take cover? Does she run? Of course not. She just... stands there. Shu will show up anyway, so there's no need to flee.

And here is what killed me:

The Endlave shot Shu with just ONE bulllet. This in itself is stupid, because against the civilians the Endlaves showed they were very trigger-happy and just mowed everyone down in a rain of bullets, but Shu is special and just one single bullet is enough. Ah, and that bullet alone INJECTED the Void Genome on Shu. Did he get injured in the process? Of course not. It was a magic bullet designed to work as a syringe, so thinking that it would keep going through the shattered glass and give Shu a grievous injury is just out of the question.

So, they fired a shot at him and he's still alright. Oh, wait! Look! There's light erupting everywhere around him and he's taking out a big-ass sword hidden inside the girl's cleavage. Let's just wait here, patiently giving him time to finish whatever he is doing so he can kick our asses after entering the God-Mode cheat code. Of course, Shu just gives his sword a few swings and the battle is immediately over. There are no reinforcements, and nobody seems intent on investigating just wtf happened there.

*sigh*

There goes episode 1.

I'll continue writing the rant about the other 21 episodes later on; I'd like to finish Shackles of Guilt soon, so I'd better continue working on it.

Expect to see me here again; I can't keep everything that went wrong in Guilty Crown unmentioned.

10/26/2012 #8
AuraEmitted

You deserve a freakin' medal, my friend! xD

Some of the things you mentioned are, unfortunately, in almost every fighting anime there is. Such as...

• The protagonist is always safe from any form of danger. Always. Well, maybe except in the last episode or so where they die a heroic death.
  • Escape scenes are pretty much like that. The retrievers usually retrieve what they came for. And, no elements of danger come into play.
  • The bad guys of the anime are revealed by doing something overally dramatic which results in giant forms of chaos when they can do something as simply as sending out a few soldiers to shoot down civilians

But, yeah, I agree with pretty much most, if not all, of your detail analysis. You brought up stuff regular folk, such as myself, wouldn't have been able to pick up just by watching xD

10/28/2012 #9
SoulElixir

Ok, erm, hi everyone. I know this is a Guilty Crown thread, but there is something I really need to scream about...

Well, as I was watching the first opening of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on YouTube, looking in the comments I found out that apparently Haruhi's voice actor was fired for sleeping with someone. Now, this means there won't be a season 3 (They've done 2 seasons and a movie so far). I've been led to believe for months that a season 3 would be released next year. So, here is my rant...

WTF?! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! I'VE WAITED A WHOLE DAMN YEAR FOR EVEN A GLIMPSE OF A SEASON 3! A WHOLE DAMN YEAR! MY HOPES WERE RAISED A FEW MONTHS BACK AND NOW THEY'RE SHOT DOWN BECAUSE AN ACTOR WAS FIRED FOR DOING SOMETHING US HUMANS NATURALLY DO! I MEAN, WHAT THE FUDGEY F**K?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! SUZUMIYA WAS ONE OF THE BEST DAMN ANIMES OUT THERE!! WHAT OTHER ANIME IS THERE WERE A GIRL CONTROLS THE WORLD AND HANGS OUT WITH AN ESPER, AN ALIEN AND A TIME TRAVELLER ALONG WITH A BORING OLD NORMAL HUMAN WHO IS STILL AS FUNNY AS HELL THROUGH HIS MISERY?! WHAT OTHER ANIME CAN I GET ALL OF THAT FROM?! PLUS, THERE WAS SOOOOO MANY THINGS THEY DIDN'T ADDRESS IN THERE?! LIKE *insert spoiler here* AND *insert spoiler here*! ALSO, THERE WAS BARELY ANY PROPER KYONXHARUHI IN THERE! THEY WERE GONNA ADDRESS THAT IN SEASON 3! FOR THE LOVE OF MUFFINS, I WILL, PERSONALLY, FLY TO JAPAN (On my magic carpet), FIND WHOEVER THE HELL CREATED THIS ANIME, SHAKE THEIR HANDS WITH RESPECT FOR SUCH AN AMAZING CREATION AND THEN PUNCH THEM IN THE F**KING FACE FOR MAKING THE STUPIDEST DECISION EVAAAAAA!!! F**K!

*cough* Rant over.

But, yeah, if you watch it, you'll feel the same pain that I felt xD I highly recommend it

10/31/2012 #10
aegyosonyu

I guess it's a good idea to revive my Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya forum?XD

11/7/2012 #11
Forum Moderators: SoulElixir
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member