Ron the Seer? Seer blood in the Weaselys?
This is quite a weird theory that I've been reading about, but there's evidence in the text to support it, so there's always the possibility that it could be true. The theory is that Ron Weasley is a Seer.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
susannahblack19

This is quite a weird theory that I've been reading about, but there's evidence in the text to support it, so there's always the possibility that it could be true. The theory is that Ron Weasley is a Seer.

Book 1 - Ron warns Harry away from going back to the Mirror of Erised, saying he has a funny feeling about it. The confrontation between Harry, Voldemort and Quirrel happens right in front of it.

Book 2 - He makes an offhand remark about Tom Riddle being the one who murdered Myrtle. This turns out to be true. He tries to warn Harry away from the diary, first telling him that it's dangerous, then saying it is useless and he should get rid of it. He guesses that Lockhart is a fake.

Book 3 - Ron gets a new Willow wand. Willow is often used in Divination. He KNOWS there is something different about Crookshanks. Isn't he part kneazle or something?

Book 4 -He mkes a remark along the lines of "I know Dumbledore's brilliant and everything, but that doesn't mean a really clever Dark Wizard couldn't fool him." Barty Crouch Jr. fools Dumbledore into thinking he is Mad Eye Moody He makes a joke about Barty Crouch 'snuffing it' which he does, he's murdered by his own son. He says something about Mad Eye Moody keeping an eye on Snape as well as Karkaroff, which is true. Barty Crouch Jr is keeping an eye on the two former Death Eaters. In POA, during Divination, Ron is looking at Harry's tea leaves and says he sees an acorn, which means a windfall. Well, in GoF, we see Harry winning the thousand Galleons!!

Also in POA, Ron wonders whether the Grim has anything to do with Sirius - of course we then find out that Sirius is indeed the large black dog - Padfoot.

And as a final thought, in GoF, Fred and George say something about Ron being like Percy and becoming a Prefect - then lo and behold in OotP he does! So is Seer blood a Weasley trait?!?

In Half-Blood Prince chapter eleven Ron jokes that McLaggen was confunded ant which point Hermione turend pink. "I wish I knew why some did try to chuck it, [the Diary]" said Harry. "I wouldn't mind knowing how Riddle got an award for special services to Hogwarts either."

"Could've been anything," said Ron. "Maybe he got thirty OWL's or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a favor...."

"Percy's enjoying work, then?" said Harry....

"Enjoying it?" said Ron darkly. "I don't reckon he'd come home if Dad didn't make him. He's obsessed...."

Percy DID become so obessed that he chose work over home.

The evening after Moody's class, Ron & Harry are doing their Divination homework.

Ron says to Harry, "Why don't you get stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend?"

.."And on Wednesday, I think I'll come off worst in a fight."

Certainly Ron stabbed Harry in the back when he did not believe him about the Cup and I think he came off worse in their argument,as he was wrong about Harry and had to come and apologize after the dragon task.

When Harry and Ron are making up their predictions for Divination, Ron suggests that Harry put down that he'll get stabbed in the back by someone he thought was a friend, then Ron himself writes down that he'lcome off the worst in a fight. Harry DOES, indeed, get stabbed in the back by Ron (albeit not badly) not long after, and one could argue that Ron came off worse in their fight because all it accomplished l was making Ron look like an a** for starting it and making it worse in some respects. Ron then accidentally puts himself as drowning twice in his predictions, and while Ron doesn't really drown, the first drowning could be symbolic of his "drowning" in jealousy over Harry, leading to their fight.

The second obviously symbolizes the second Triwizard task. Another example of this little phenomenon is in OoTP, when Ron gloomily comments that Gryffindor has as much a chance of winning the Quidditch Cup as Mr. Weasley has of becoming Minister of Magic- and lo and behold, Gryffindor DOES end up winning the Cup.

It is interesting to note that when Harry and Ron begin making up predictions in their Divination homework in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, they happen to predict, exactly, the dangers that await Harry in the Triwizard Tournament: first that he will be "in danger of burns" (the first trial of overcoming a dragon); next that he will "lose a treasured possession" (Ron, his best friend, whom he will have to recover from the Merpeople); then get "stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend" (his D.A.D.A. professor); and finally "come off worse in a fight" (clearly, his duel with Lord Voldemort in the Little Hangleton graveyard). Similarly, whilst they are making up predictions, Ron and Harry "foresee" that Harry will lose his bet that Ron will win his fight (which he supposedly came off worse in). This also comes true (more or less) again with respect to the Triwizard tournament as it is later revealed that Ludo Bagman lost his bet that Harry would win the Triwizard tournament outright (which culminated in Harry coming off worse). Furthermore, although we do not hear any more of their fabricated predictions after that it is noted that they grew "steadily more tragic" and even predicted their own horrific deaths - eerily enough, later events do steadily grow more tragic and many wizards and witches do die horrifically in the future (particularly in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows). If you notice his prediction in the POA movie he says to Harry "So you're gonna suffer but you're gonna be happy about it". That is in essence what happened to him in POA. He suffered a lot, but he got Sirius in the end and was able to conjure a patronus. That prediction, as funny as it was, actually came to pass. another prediction is from CS, I don't have the exact quote... (because i only own the 5th book, and i can't get these on permenent loan from the library!) But the jist of it is Ron is trying to be sarcastic and he ends up saying something like- " that's as rediculus as saying that Ginny is the heir of Slytherin!" and it's right on the mark! In the Sorting Hat song, Ron jokes that he'll "kill" Fred who had teased him about "wrestling a troll." Reality: As we know, Ron later does battle a troll.

Ron's next reading of Harry's cup is a teaser: "that looks like an animal... yeah, if that was its head... it looks like a hippo... no," Reality: Ron's comments about the head of a hippo... - notice how he cut himself off in the middle. It looks like he is about to say the word "hippogriff." Even if not, that is what was conveyed and what came true.

Harry is confused when he finds that he has two Neptunes in his astrology chart at the time of his birth. "Aaaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mystical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry. . ." Reality:We now know that there were two children born at that time who were equally destined to become the one who Voldemort would "mark" as his equal.

When Harry and Ron are sitting in their common room devising disasters for Divination, Ron jokingly "predicts" that he is "likely to develop a cough." Reality: Well, we did see that he (and Hermione) do start coughing in Chapter 16, from Hagrid's putrid cologne. As Harry and Ron continue to joke over their homework, they make very interesting predictions... Harry says, "on Monday, I will be in danger of- er - burns."

Then Ron needed a prediction, so Harry helps him, "Tuesday, I'll. . . erm. . "Lose a treasured possession," said Harry..." "Good one," said Ron, copying it down."

Harry settled for, "And on Wednesday...Okay, I'll lose a bet." Reality: If you notice, these events on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, seem to uncannily represent the tasks 1, 2, 3, from the

Triwizard Tournament: Task 1 - Harry is "in danger" of burns from the dragons Task 2 - Ron was the treasured thing Harry would miss most (or was it Hermione, who was "lost" to them both) Task 3 - Harry didn't actually win the Tournament, so lost the bet for Bagman.

Ron cracks another one, "Why don't you get stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend?" Reality: Ouch! Can you say "Moody"?

Also in book 7 Ron says to not say voldemort as it seemed like a 'Jinx' to him. Reality: Voldemorts name does turn into a taboo.

Funniest Ron Weasley comments: "I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..." -------------------------------------------------- "Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world." -------------------------------------------------- Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee. "Don't play," said Hermione at once. "Say you're ill," said Ron. "Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested. "Really break your leg," said Ron. -------------------------------------------------- [Hermione] "Aren't you two ever going to read Hogwarts: A History?" "What's the point? You know it all by heart, we can just ask you." -------------------------------------------------- Hermione frowned at Ron. "He's not a nutter, Ron--" "His life's ambition is to have his head cut off and stuck up on a plaque just like his mother," said Ron irritably. "Is that normal, Hermione?" -------------------------------------------------- "Well, we were always going to fail that one," said Ron gloomily as they ascended the marble staircase. He had just made Harry feel rather better by telling him how he told the examiner in detail about the ugly man with a wart on his nose in the crystal ball, only to look up and realize he had been describing the examiner's reflection. -------------------------------------------------- "Ron, we're supposed to show the first-years where to go!" "Oh, yeah," said Ron, who had obviously forgotten. "Hey-hey you lot! Midgets!" "Ron!" "Well, they are, they're twitchy..." -------------------------------------------------- "I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry after a while, frowning down on his parchment, "that can't be right, can it?" "Aaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mysical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..." -------------------------------------------------- "And no wonder we couldn't find Flamel in that Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry," said Ron. "He's not exactly recent if he's six-hundred and sixty-five, is he?" -------------------------------------------------- "I'll make Goyle do lines, he hates writing," said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle's low grunt, mimed writing in midair. "I...must...not...look...like...a...baboon's...backside." -------------------------------------------------- "It's obvious," said Ron. "You can pretend to be waiting Professor Flitwick, you know." He put on a high voice, "'Oh, Professor Flitwick, I'm so worried, I think I got question fourteen b wrong...'" -------------------------------------------------- "Stop moving!" Hermonie ordered them. "I know what this is-it's the Devil's Snare!" "Oh, I'm so glad we know what it's called, that's a great help," snarled Ron, leaning back, trying to stop the plant from curling around his neck. -------------------------------------------------- "Did I tell you I've invented a broomstick that'll reach Jupiter?" -------------------------------------------------- "There you go, Harry," Ron shouted over the noise. "You weren't being thick after all - you were showing moral fiber!" -------------------------------------------------- "You need your inner eye tested if you ask me." -------------------------------------------------- "Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough." --------------------------------------------------- "I tell you, that dragon is the most horrible creature I've ever met, but the way Hagrid goes about it you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit. When it bit me, he told me off for frightening it. And when I left he was singing it a lullaby." --------------------------------------------------- "Tomorrow," said Ron in a muffled voice, "I'd rather you set the alarm clock." --------------------------------------------------- "It would've been so easy to push Malfoy off a glacier and make it look like an accident.." --------------------------------------------------- "Percy's started work - the Department of Magical Cooperation. Don't mention anything about abroad while you're here unless you want the pants bored off of you." --------------------------------------------------- "Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced n*** in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy." --------------------------------------------------- "I don't need help," Ron whispered. "It's obvious what this means. There's going to be loads of fog tonight." --------------------------------------------------- "When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?" --------------------------------------------------- "IF WE DIE FOR THEM, I'LL KILL YOU HARRY!"

4/4/2012 #1
hi hi 1234

wow.

3/20/2014 #2
FigurativelyDying

I totally agree. I thought about it for a long time really and when you gathered the info I can sufficiently say that Ronald Billius Weasley is a seer.

8/24/2014 #3
AmalaseHunter

You forgot that in the first book, during the sorting ron tells harry that Fred was going on about fighting a troll. Later on they battle a troll to save Hermione.

4/2/2015 #4
orystayighterwray1234

Are you sure this dosen't stretch to the other weasleys to.

"So we've got to try on the hat!" Ron whispered to Harry. " I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll."

On Holloween that year, they end up wrestling a troll.

1/13/2016 #5
orystayighterwray1234

Are you sure this dosen't stretch to the other weasleys to.

"So we've got to try on the hat!" Ron whispered to Harry. " I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll."

On Holloween that year, they end up wrestling a troll.

1/13/2016 #6
Forum Moderators: susannahblack19
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member