City of Mortals
Hi y'all. So for all you who love The Mortal Instruments, who love to tell the world which characters they ship, who spend most of their days re-reading TMI this forum is for you! Come rant and meet new people and talk about these amazing books.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Pure Alethea

Heres the thread where you can quote your favourite books/movies and songs!

I hope you all enjoy!

~ Becca

4/24/2012 #1
Pure Alethea

"You're here!" Isabelle danced up to them in delight, carrying a glass of fuchsia liquid, which she thrust at Clary. "Have some of this!"

Clary squinted at it. "Is it going to turn me into a rodent?" "Where is the trust? I think it's strawberry juice," Isabelle said.

"Anyways, it's yummy. Jace?" She offered him the glass.

"I am a man," he told her, "and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone, woman, and bring me something brown."

"Brown?" Isabelle made a face. "Brown is a manly color," said Jace, and yanked on a stray lock of Isabelle's hair with his free hand. "In fact, look – Alec is wearing it."

Alec looked mournfully down at his sweater. "It was black," he said. "But then it faded."

"You could dress it up with a sequined headband," Magnus suggested, offering his boyfriend something blue and sparkly. "Just a thought."

"Resist the urge, Alec." Simon was sitting on the edge of a low wall with Maia beside him, though she appeared to be deep in conversation with Aline. "You'll look like Olivia Newton-John in Xanadu."

"There are worse things," Magnus observed."

~ City of Glass

4/24/2012 #2
Pure Alethea

Here are some of my favourites from City of Fallen Angels:

"If we're going to the Silent City, you might want to get dressed. I mean, I appreciate the bra-and-panties look, but I don't know if the Silent Brothers will. There are only a few of the left, and I don't want the to die of excitement."

"You're just worried they'll hire a male instructor and he'll be hotter than you." Jace's eyebrows went up. "Hotter than me?" "It could happen," Clary said, "You know, theoretically." "Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half, leaving me on one side and you on the other, forever and tragically parted, but I'm not worried about that either. Some things," Jace said, with his customary crooked smile, "are just too unlikely to dwell upon."

"You're the first Shadowhunter I've ever met." "That's too bad," said Jace, "since all the others you meet from now on will be a terrible letdown."

"So what was that all about?" "I think," Jace said, "that she asked if she could touch my mango." "She said that?" Jace shrugged. "Yeah, then she gave me her number."

"Thank you," Simon said. "It's a joke, Isabelle. He's the Count. He likes counting. You know. 'What did the Count eat today, children? One chocolate chip cookie, two chocolate chip cookies, three chocolate chip cookies . . .'" There was a rush of cold air as the door of the restaurant opened, letting in another customer. Isabelle shivered and reached for her black silk scarf. "It's not realistic." "What would you prefer? 'What did the Count eat today, children? One helpless villager, two helpless villagers, three helpless villagers . . ."

"Good organization," said Magnus. "I knew the man who founded it, back in the 1800s. Woolsey Scot. Respectable old werewolf family." Alec made an ugly sound in the back of his throat. "Did you sleep with him, too?" Magnus's cat eyes widened. "Alexander!"

Ahhhhh, I love them so much! ♥

4/24/2012 #3
Pure Alethea

"I love round tables!!! They suit me so much better than square!"

Magnus Bane.

I love that sexy, sexy warlock. :D

5/15/2012 #4
iridescent bookyworm

"meow"

Buttercup

5/15/2012 #5
Pure Alethea

"You wanna know why I wear these red boots?! Because they make my toes feel like ten friends on a camping trip!!! "

All about Steve

5/15/2012 #6
Pure Alethea

Some of y favourite Jace moments:

"It means 'Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234'."

"Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie."

"Investigation?" Isabelle laughed. "Now we're detectives? Maybe we should all have code names." "Good idea," said Jace. "I shall be Baron Hotschaft Von Hugenstein."

"I've got a stele we can use. Who wants to do me?" "A regrettable choice of words," muttered Magnus." (Cried with laughter when first read this. Funniest.Jace and Magnus.moment.ever. XD

"Clary felt suddenly annoyed. "When the self-congratulatory part of the evening is over, maybe we could get back to saving my best friend from being exsanguinated to death?" "Exsanguinated," said Jace, impressed. "That's a big word." "And you're a big-" "Tsk tsk," he interupted. "No swearing in church."

I love them so so so so much! :D They are my happiness. Some may say its sad, I find it to be a series that fill you with warmth, happiness and laughter every time you read it! :D So much love!

8/10/2012 #7
dewdrops and crowns

"And now I'm looking at you," he said, "and you're asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me." Jace. omg crying.

"You said you were going for a walk!? What kind of walk takes six hours?" "A long one?"

"Don't order any of the faerie food," said Jace, looking at her over the top of his menu. "It tends to make humans a little crazy. One minute you're munching a faerie plum, the next minute you're running naked down Madison Avenue with antlers on your head. Not," he added hastily, "that this has ever happened to me."

8/11/2012 #8
Pure Alethea

Awwww Nona! SO much love! :') I love it so damn much its just sad.

Heres one of my favs:

"You're here!" Isabelle danced up to them in delight, carrying a glass of fuchsia liquid, which she thrust at Clary. "Have some of this!" Clary squinted at it. "Is it going to turn me into a rodent?" "Where is the trust? I think it's strawberry juice," Isabelle said. "Anyways, it's yummy. Jace?" She offered him the glass. "I am a man," he told her, "and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone, woman, and bring me something brown." "Brown?" Isabelle made a face. "Brown is a manly color," said Jace, and yanked on a stray lock of Isabelle's hair with his free hand. "In fact, look – Alec is wearing it." Alec looked mournfully down at his sweater. "It was black," he said. "But then it faded." "You could dress it up with a sequined headband," Magnus suggested, offering his boyfriend something blue and sparkly. "Just a thought." "Resist the urge, Alec." Simon was sitting on the edge of a low wall with Maia beside him, though she appeared to be deep in conversation with Aline. "You'll look like Olivia Newton-John in Xanadu." "There are worse things," Magnus observed."

8/11/2012 #9
dewdrops and crowns

I know you do xD

"I assumed that you two would be partners, since you're practically married anyway." Magnus to Jocelyn and Luke

8/13/2012 #10
Pure Alethea

'Never trust a duck.'

Will, Clockwork Prince

'I hate ducks'.

Jace

YAY! The 'I hate ducks!' Gene!

8/16/2012 #11
WolfAngel62
"usually I'm remarkably good natured, try me on any day that doesn't end in y" - Jace - city of ashes "Your Ragnor Fell? The warlock?" "Well I'm certinly not Ragnor Fell the exotic dancer, now am I?" -sebastion and magnus city of glass "Simon is NOT dimwitted." "It's true he just looks dimwitted. Really his intelligence is quite average" - Clary and Jace - City of Bones "But why is all the rum gone!?!?!?!" Jack Sparrow
9/13/2012 #12
Pure Alethea

HAHA XD! I loved this!

'JESUS!' Luke shouted

'No Its just me. But I'm told the resemblence is startling.' said SImon

9/16/2012 #13
Beckers062099

I actually have a notebook filled with Jace quotes Xp here are some of my favorites

a diary with no drawings of me in it? Where are the torrid fantasies? The romance covers?

just kissing? How swiftly you dismiss our love.

there is no pretending. I love you and I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that I'll love Lyon then. (possibly the best line ever!!!!!)

But you've never drunk fresH blood. Have you? Well aside from mine of course and I'm sure my blood is fan-tastic.

Well I'd certainly hate to interrupt your pleasant night stroll with my sudden death.

i wish i could put Jace's letter to Clary in COG but that would take a while so i'll just put my favorite part

i don't blame you if you hate me, I wish you would. As long as I can still dream, I will dream of you.

I had major fangirl moments during these quotes!!!333

11/26/2012 #14
Beckers062099

That isn't suppose to say love Lyon then. (Whose Lyon?!?!?) love *you then. Stupid auto correct

11/26/2012 #15
dewdrops and crowns

"I love you and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."

Jace freaking Wayland

11/27/2012 #16
Pure Alethea

The ones that cracked me up so darn hard it hurt: I LOVE THESE SO DAMN HARD!!! "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges you originally asked for" (Jace)

"Patience grasshopper," said Maia. "Good things come to those who wait." "I always thought that it was 'Good things come to those who do the wave'", said Simon. "No wonder I've been so confused all my life."

"The cuckoo bird," she said. "You see, cuckoos are parasites. They lay their eggs in other birds' nests. When the egg hatches, the baby cuckoo pushes the other baby birds out of the nest. The poor parent birds work themselves to death trying to find enough food to feed the enormous cuckoo child who has murdered their babies and taken their places." "Enormous?" said Jace. "Did you just call me fat?" "It was an analogy." "I am not fat." -- Jace and the Inquisitor

"...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?' Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself." "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland." "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."

"Well, you'll have to wait till tomorrow. I'm out of commission." (he points to his shirt) "Look. Jammies."

"oh it's big enouugh" Jace said patronizingly,"but somehow i was expecting somthiing...you know." He gestured something roughtly the size of a house cat. "It's the mortal Cup, Jace, not the Mortal Toilet bowl." Said Isabelle

12/1/2012 #17
Forum Moderators: Pure Alethea City Of Mortals Forum, dewdrops and crowns, iridescent bookyworm
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member