If you want to talk Star Wars click here
Who are your favorite characters? Who's more powerful: Sith or Jedi? How many times have you seen a show or movie copy Star Wars? What is the coolest Star Wars video game? Which Star Wars book is the coolest? Share your thoughts here.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
P. S. Giovanni
I saw a comic like that once. Made me giggle.
12/5/2007 #31
Teh Trickster
[q]huh. Whenever I read a book and listen to music, the music like, burrows itself into the story. it's weird, cuz I can be listening to TobyMac's rap songs and somehow it sets the scene.[/q] Lucky you, I can never concentrate when it comes to music and reading at the same time. I'm bad at multi-tasking due to a one track mind. I can never fit my music with any of the books I read. [q]You know what might have been funny to add? If they actually added a part of Padme having pregnancy cravings. Like when Padme's crying and watching the jedi temple burn, and 3PO came in and asked if she needed anything.[/q] Hey, that's cute! Someone ought to write a fan fiction about that. It'll be fun!
12/6/2007 #32
rockangel160
What comic?
12/6/2007 #33
Dana Kathrine Scully
[q]You know what might have been funny to add? If they actually added a part of Padme having pregnancy cravings. Like when Padme's crying and watching the jedi temple burn, and 3PO came in and asked if she needed anything.[/q] That'd be funny! except for the fac that she was crying like, alot, and I NEVER want to eat when I'm upset. Then again I've never been pregnant and never will be, now that I've seen the Nativity Story.
12/6/2007 #34
Winter Bean
Their just too sappy and unrealistic. It's actually kind of sickening to watch.
12/6/2007 #35
Teh Trickster
[q]That'd be funny! except for the fac that she was crying like, alot, and I NEVER want to eat when I'm upset. Then again I've never been pregnant and never will be, now that I've seen the Nativity Story.[/q] Well, it is impossible for the virgin birth to happen once again, neither would you be on the run from enemies or having to stay in a stable, so it should be okay for you. Though of course, there would be pregnancy pains . . . either way, I definitely want to start a family when I grow up, hopefully I'll find the right man for it!
12/8/2007 #36
Dana Kathrine Scully
But When Elizebeth gave birth, it kinda freaked me out. Maybe I'm still partially immature. LOL
12/8/2007 #37
rockangel160
Actually, there are scientist who are working on virgin births.
12/8/2007 #38
Dana Kathrine Scully
Technically, there can't be another virgin birth. Because no matter what, two people have to you-know-what. It is totally inpossible to generate another virgin birth.
12/8/2007 #39
Dana Kathrine Scully
After all, a pregnancy would take too long for me. I have NO patience whatsoever. I'm like, 16 episodes into season 8 of the X-files, where Scully finally finds herself pregnant with her son, William, and she has the TINIEST little bump in her midsection. It's been like, 4 months for her pregnancy. And she gets beat up alot for being pregnant. I wonder how much longer it is until she has to tell the FBI that she's pregnant with Mulder's child. Speaking of Mulder, I'm almost to the episode where he is returned, 'This Is Not Happening'. I think Mulder dies in that one...or is it 'Deadalive'? Nah, I'll find out soon enough, LOL.
12/8/2007 #40
rockangel160
Ever heard of petri dish fertilization?
12/8/2007 #41
Dana Kathrine Scully
Yeah. The fertilization is promoted by specializing doctors. But still, that's not a virgin birth. There's no way to do another Virgin birth. No way in the world.
12/8/2007 #42
rockangel160
Well, she doesn't have to do it, now does she? So she could still be a virgin, and get a donor and be pregnant.
12/8/2007 #43
Teh Trickster
[q]But When Elizebeth gave birth, it kinda freaked me out. Maybe I'm still partially immature. LOL[/q] Oh well, I was like that as well when I was much younger, but now, I have since changed my mind on marriage and childbearing. I'm pretty much hoping for both though I'll probably live if I'm not able to get it. It would be a rather lonely life, but then again, I seem to have this gift of adaptation, so it should be pretty much okay. Now, that is. I'll probably change my mind in the future. [q]After all, a pregnancy would take too long for me. I'm like, 16 episodes into season 8 of the X-files, where Scully finally finds herself pregnant with her son, William, and she has the TINIEST little bump in her midsection. It's been like, 4 months for her pregnancy. And she gets beat up alot for being pregnant.[/q] I'm probably going to sound superficial when I say this, but I am so not liking the idea of having my belly so round that I wouldn't even be able to see my feet, and end up losing my figure. Who knows whether I'll even be able to get it back after my pregnancy! I'll probably change my mind later again but for now . . . I bet I'll look awful. If that's the case, I'll be surprised if she doesn't miscarriage the baby. Does she get beaten up for being pregnant or gets beaten up because nobody knows that she is pregnant, so they think she can handle violence? [q]Well, she doesn't have to do it, now does she? So she could still be a virgin, and get a donor and be pregnant.[/q] The the difference between the virgin birth and petri dish fertilisation was that the former had no human intervention at all, while the later does require human intervention. However, the virgin birth is seen as a miracle holds a lot of significance due to the fact that it was caused by divine intervention rather than human intervention.
12/10/2007 #44
Dana Kathrine Scully
Nobody knows she's pregnant until she hits 5 months. Miraculously she doesn't miscarry. I wonder if Mulder really IS the father or the fetus was planted in her... [q]The the difference between the virgin birth and petri dish fertilisation was that the former had no human intervention at all, while the later does require human intervention. However, the virgin birth is seen as a miracle holds a lot of significance due to the fact that it was caused by divine intervention rather than human intervention.[/q] Mary was still a virgin because she hadn't had sex with anyone, due to the law that she had to remain pure for one year. So yeah, even though doctors can pregnate a woman doesn't mean it's a virgin birth. Plus, a woman only turns to doctors if she can't pregnate normally. It means she's already tried and can't succeed, and is desperate to concieve.
12/10/2007 #45
Dana Kathrine Scully
[q]Well, she doesn't have to do it, now does she? So she could still be a virgin, and get a donor and be pregnant.[/q] Scully had tried the normal way even though she knew she was barren, and that didn't work so she turned to doctors and got told that there were a few chances for her if she could find a donor, and she asked Mulder if he would donate and he said yes, and the whole fertilisation procedure didn't work, so for whatever reason she concieved with Mulder's baby. It's still not clear to me... The baby she had was adorable and perfectly healthy, isn't that the imortant thing? LOL
12/10/2007 #46
rockangel160
I wasn't referring to Scully, I was referring to any random woman.
12/11/2007 #47
Teh Trickster
[q]I wasn't referring to Scully, I was referring to any random woman.[/q] I guess any woman who was barren could resort to petri dish fertilisation, but still, it would not be as big a miracle as the virgin birth.
12/12/2007 #48
Dana Kathrine Scully
Yeah. Oh, the woman who was barren, she'd need ova to have any kind of fertilisation, anyway.
12/13/2007 #49
Teh Trickster
Yeah, that's true. Any random woman who needs to have a petri dish fertilisation.
12/14/2007 #50
Dana Kathrine Scully
Done with season 9 of the x-files! I wonder waht I should do now...
12/16/2007 #51
Tazabelle
Aaah, I adore Padme/Anakin but I like Obi/Padme too. They are so sweet together, and not in an icky way.
3/3/2008 #52
Wizard'sBlade

They seem to always be a each others throats, which makes them very realistic. They also have different point of view of each other at the begining and astrong relationship that should have lasted longer

6/3/2008 #53
boywonder23

The first time I watched ATOC I hated Anakin/Padme,but after I watched ROTS and read I a few (meaning EVERY Anakin/Padme strorie I could find) Anakin/Padme stories I loved them.

And LOVED them since, favorite Star Wars couple!

12/9/2008 . Edited 12/9/2008 #54
celera

The Anakin/Padme scenes were unintentionally funny to me. George Lucas was probably going for sentimental but it just fell flat on its face. The ROTS scenes were improved somewhat but I still burst out laughing at "hold me like you did at the lake in Naboo." I never believed they wer uncompatible though. But maybe it's because the novels give you a better idea of why they fall in love.

1/5/2009 #55
Emaren

I really like Anime (lol) but that "You're breaking my heart" thing really gets on my nerves. It didn't when I first saw it but I was 9 then so.... yeah. I also think it's really cute how Ani thinks he has to be the knight in shining armor. Like the scene in the palace where he's trying to act all macho.

btw something cool I noticed: Aminus-friendship Animus-dislike of the world.

1/15/2009 . Edited 1/15/2009 #56
zeldas.lullaby

They do make an okay couple, pretty cute because they love each other so much and all.....but it's almost all Padme's fault that Anakin turned to the dark side. If he hadn't met her or married her, he wouldn't have risked everything, including his allegiance with the Jedi, to save her from his dream of her "dieing in child birth".

Well it's also Emperor Palpatine's, the ugly old guy who we all hate so much, fault, too:

Darth Vader: (after operation) Where is Padme? Is she safe? Is she alright?

Emperor Palpatine: ......You killed her.....with your anger.

Darth Vader: (has spaz attack.....he is weird) Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well, whatever.

1/16/2009 #57
Zizak-Tel

I guess I may be the odd one out here, but I don't love the Anakin-Padmé pairing, at all. I just could not get sold on her falling for him (while I could understand why he'd fall for her). The relationship just felt too forced, and I couldn't believe in it. I found the bits in the books that didn't make the movies especially revolting--things like Sola talking to her sister like she's still a child of 12-14 with respect to relationships when she's actually a woman of 24, the idea that no one other than Anakin ever told Padmé she's beautiful (gimme a break!), and the whining in RotS.

Quote from RotS book: "'Five months.' It was almost a m***. 'Five months--how could they do that to us?'" These are the words of a galactic senator, a 27yo woman who has spent 13 years in public service? I think not. The Clone Wars weren't being fought to inconvenience Padmé and Anakin, and I think that Padmé, more than most, would have known and understood that instead of whining like a 15yo in the throes of puppy love.

I'd also not blame Padmé for Anakin's turn to the dark side--I think that began with the Sandpeople slaughter. Palpatine wasn't a stupid man, he would be able to find another avenue to pull Anakin to the dark side if there hadn't been the relationship with Padmé.

6/28/2009 #58
TheDodger55

becuz they r awesome and they r so cute together!

7/31/2009 #59
AngelRin89

I love them!

After all....there'd be no Luke and Leia without em! D:

(can't have that! NO SIR!!!! XD)

While I do I guess, agree that most of their "love" lines (or moments) were corny.....but then again....when you meet newly weds....or those people in puppy love....you realize that clitche DOES exsist in Real life!!!! XD

(my sister and her huesband were worse than a soap opera within the first year of there marriage! DX)

But I disgress, all and all, I love Ani and Padme! Love the couple....and glad they made babies! (hur hur)

Because without them, we'd have plot in the other star wars series...because let's face it.....everything they did created or had SOME effect on the plot! in pratically ALL star wars movies XD

(Heck, Ani/Vader has been a character in all 6! go Vader!!! Or Anakin!!! both.....whatever!)

-MarMar-

8/10/2009 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: P. S. Giovanni Comrade Claus
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member