Hunger Games RP
Welcome to the Panem! Come look inside, you know you want to ;) Join and may the odds be ever in your favour *Only Top Active Forum that RPs the Hunger Games* Aim: 200, 00 posts
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Your Sugar Sits Untouched

Pandora close her eyes softly, leaning back into the cushions of the couch, barely listening to the dull drone of the chatter of the other two mentors.

5/29/2012 #31
mrslukecastellan

Valia sat down on the couch next to Pandora. "May I sit here?" She asked nicely. "I don't want to disturb anything." She said. If she had to be nice in order to make friends, she would.

5/29/2012 #32

Pandora started, surprised. She blinked tiredly at the girl, frowning slightly as her mind worked to recognize the other mentor, before her eyes sparkled with recognition, a friendly smile playing at her lips as she pushed herself up to a sitting position. She gently patted the space next to her, beaming up at Valia.

"Of course; go ahead."

5/29/2012 #33
mrslukecastellan

"Thanks," Valia said, beaming. "It's nice to know not everyone ignores the newbie. I'm Valia. Valia Gore." She said, extending her hand. She was trying so hard to be nice. She wanted to be accepted so badly. So far Chatoic and this girl were the only two that were being nice to her.

5/29/2012 #34

"Don't feel too poorly," replied Pandora, chuckling lightly as she shook Valia's hand. "After something as traumatic as the Games, many don't make friendship a priority. It's not necessarily anything against your...new-ness, if that's a word?" She bit her lip for a moment, pensive, before shaking away the trailing though. "An honor to meet you, Miss Valia Gore. Your Games were quite a spectacle. Congratulations on your win. My name's Dolly--Er, well, Pandora, that is."

5/29/2012 #35
mrslukecastellan

"I think I remember watching your Games......my family wanted me to be exactly like you. Sweet, innocent, lovable. As you could probably tell, that isn't me. But thank you. I like to think my Games were cool and fun to watch. I think I did well enough, but thanks. I'm kind of making it a priority for people to like me." She looked at Pandora, trying to remember her Games. "But as for the dolly part, the Capitol sucks for making you have a nickname like that." She said sympathetically.

(Ok, gotta go for like an hour and a half. I'll be back though.)

5/29/2012 #36

((Okay :3 ))

She shrugged her slight shoulders, blushing softly.

"Oh, but sometimes it's better to be courageous, strong and opinionated, Miss Valia, than comfortable and quiet. Respect isn't earned from sitting pretty and smiling at cameras; it's something you need to demand, which is unfortunately something I'm rather incapable of doing. They'll like you, the other mentors, that is. They like a challenge, and I believe you'll be able to give them a good one." Pandora pulled her legs underneath her, neatly pressing out the crinkles in her skirt. "Oh, I don't mind the nickname. I've had it for years now. It sort of grows on you, I guess..."

5/29/2012 #37
mrslukecastellan

(I'm back now. LOL.)

"I am kind of loving the fact that your calling me Miss Valia. But you don't have to call me that. If I've done my research correctly, your 16, the same age as me. We're kind of equals in that sense," She decided what she would say next carefully, just in case her new friend was a bit...oversensitive. "And as for the challenge part, I intend to give the other mentors a run for their money. I think my tributes have a chance at winning....even if they are hard to handle, and one of them is older then me......yeah. It's been weird so far in the Capitol. One guy screamed and ran away from me as I neared them to ask for directions. I think that means I'm not the kind of Victor that sits pretty and smiles at cameras, as you said. I wish I could be that kind of Victor in a way.....but not really. It wouldn't be fun for me. You do an excellent job of it though." Valia offered a half smile, half smirk and sat cross legged on the couch, while she was still allowed to. She was wearing skinny jeans and a low cut top, and this would probably be the only time she'd be allowed to wear something like that while she was here.

5/29/2012 #38

Pandora blinked, blushing softly.

"Sorry. Customary etiquette dictates a lady should be referred to as 'miss', while a man is 'sir'. It's a habit. Sorry," she repeated. "Equals? Yes." She sort of liked the idea of an equal. Someone who wasn't above her, nor considered beneath her. An almost-friend. "I wish you luck with your tributes, for you first year. You'll do fine, I'm sure."

Pandora adjusted her posture slightly. "They tend to be a bit jumpy with new Victors. You never know how someone is going to act once out of the Arena. Some completely snap, unable to behave normally in public ever again. You can't really blame the man, can you? And thank. I try my best."

5/29/2012 #39
mrslukecastellan

"I see. Etiquette.....I wasn't taught a lot of that," Valia said bashfully. "Maybe you could teach me some, so I won't be so....unapproachable. I can see why that man ran away." She laughed a little, looking back up at Pandora. "And I can tell you work hard. People must respect you a lot." She continued. "My tributes don't like me very much I don't think......I tried to get them some allies, suggest someone they might want to talk to, and Jacob just flipped on me. I told him I wasn't his mentor anymore if he wouldn't just listen to what I was saying." Valia silently and hopefully unnoticeably matched Pandora's posture, but then found it hurt to sit up straight for a while, so she slumped back down.

5/29/2012 #40

"Very few learn it in their Districts," Pandora assured the other girl with a smile. "However, they'll drill it into you hear in the Capitol until you know nothing besides it. Appearance is everything in this city. I'd love to teach you, though." She beamed over at Valia.

"Most tributes possess a sort of superiority complex. The pretend to be strong and know what they are doing, when in reality, they're confused and terrified. You'll just have to learn how to manipulate them, and soon, if you want any chance of their survival."

5/29/2012 #41
mrslukecastellan

Valia nodded. "I think I might be.....never mind. It's stupid." She pursed her lips, getting Jacob's smirking face out of her head and replacing it with that of Daniel, her x-district partner. She still wasn't done mourning him yet. "I'd love to be taught how to be a good girl Capitolite. When do we start?" She giggled.

5/29/2012 #42

Pandora quirked an eyebrow at the girl's trailing comment, but decided it best not to pursue the subject. Instead, she grinned brightly at the girl.

"We could start now, I suppose, if you've the time. I'm to meet with Mr. Caesar Flickerman in an hour for a brief interview, but I'm sure we won't be that long, will we?"

5/29/2012 #43
mrslukecastellan

"Oh no," Valia commented. "I don't think I'm that bad." She added. "And I have an interview with him around that time as well....I really don't want to do it, but whatever."

5/29/2012 #44
mrslukecastellan

(I have to leave in 15 minutes.....ughhhh. stupid parents with their bed time rule.)

5/29/2012 #45

"I'm sure you aren't," Pandora replied kindly, giving a slight nod. "Do you? Excellent. We can leave together, if you'd like. Mr. Flickerman is lovely, and these interviews are relatively better than the tribute interviews, considering we get more time. Yours will most likely be extended further, considering your the latest mentoring recruit, as well as previous Victor. The public is always interested in learning how their last tribute is faring with their win."

5/29/2012 #46
mrslukecastellan

"And by that you mean that they want to make sure I'm not a crazy bloodlusty girl that wants to kill every person in sight anymore?" Valia asked. "Hmmm. Well then they are going to be so disappointed. But yeah, I do have to do an interview soonish. And sure, we can leave together. That would be fine."

(I have to leave now. SO SORRY. We'll continue this tomorrow. GRRR. I hate being 13. I have a bedtime. It's annoying, and 9pm.)

5/29/2012 #47

"You'll be arrested and incapacitated if you try anything like that," Pandora remarked. "The only televised death allowed around here are the Hunger Games. To attack a Capitol citizen is a great offense, with severe punishment. I wouldn't suggest try it."

5/29/2012 #48
mrslukecastellan

"Oh, I won't be doing that, trust me. I just mean they'll be disappointed because I think of doing that." Valia replied. "I know what I can and can't do. I'll be careful with it, trust me."

5/30/2012 #49

"Remember," said Pandora. "Always remember. Your every move is being carefully monitored. One mistake, and you're done for."

5/30/2012 #50
mrslukecastellan

"Not to worry, Miss Pandora. I am most careful with what I do. I am aware of what I am being watched in, and I will not let it get out of hand." Valia said with a slight brightness in her voice.

5/30/2012 #51

Nodding, obviously pleased, Pandora laced her hands together, set them atop her lap.

"Right. Shall we begin?"

5/30/2012 #52
mrslukecastellan

Pandora looked pleased, so Valia felt she was doing something right. "Yes. I believe we shall." She replied, smirking.

5/31/2012 #53

"Right. Let's see..." Pandora paused thoughtfully, studying Valia carefully. "What do you know of etiquette, is anything?"

5/31/2012 #54
mrslukecastellan

"Well now I know girls are referred to as Miss or Ma'am, and boys as Mister or sir. I know that you shouldn't scream things at people, and try not to scream at all. I know that you sit with your back straight, use silverware when eating, and don't stab people with the heels of your shoes." Valia said, kind of joking about the last thing, thinking about Foe with the stilettos. Stabbing someone with a high heel would be something she would do.

6/1/2012 #55

Pandora nodded. "Excellent. You do seem to know quite a bit as it is. Another good point is to only speak when spoken to, and always be pleasant and agreeing. The Capitol citizens don't like to be stood-up."

6/2/2012 #56
mrslukecastellan

Valia nodded her head thoughtfully. "Sounds as I expected. Anything else I should know before I go pretend to love everything about this place in front of the cameras?" She asked.

6/3/2012 #57

Tilting her head thoughtfully to the side, Pandora bit her lip.

"Always look more interested in whoever your speaking to than in yourself. Sit up straight, cross your legs, and smile. You can never go wrong with a smile. But, you know, the tough-girl Victor act is always good. In moderation, at least. If you're strong and an achiever, they will strive to be just like you."

6/3/2012 #58
mrslukecastellan

Valia laughed. "Alright then. I think I'll be fine. I'll just go out there and try not to kill anyone. And I'll remember what you said.....eventually." She continued.

6/3/2012 #59

Pandora laughed softly, giving a slight nod. "Excellent."

6/6/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: XxKissMyEyesAndLayMeToSleepxX woahmako, RandomTeddyBear
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member