Brave Forum
Come to discuss the movie "Brave" and so on.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
albinotanuki

We've talked about sequels and the like, but what about a tv series with Merida and her friends on many adventures? Its unlikely that Disney/Pixar would do this since that's mostly what Dreamworks is doing now (they're coming out with a How to Train Your Dragon in the fall), but than again, its uncertain with the many Mater shorts on tv once in a while.

7/15/2012 #1
TeeVonSchweetz
I would have to say that it depends on how good the series is or if I like it at all. I would prefer if they did a few shorts instead of a show.
7/15/2012 #2
Gabzgirl

I think a sequel idea is enough. Lets not get carried away with a television series.

7/15/2012 #3
lallyzippo

I think I would prefer shorts as opposed to a sequel or a TV series. The TV series sounds okay maybe, but then I realize the writing would probably suck.

7/15/2012 #4
albinotanuki

If there was a tv show and Merida and the suitors formed a gang, I'd imagine Young Macintosh being the Sokka of the group (if the show was done well enough).

8/20/2012 . Edited 8/20/2012 #5
lallyzippo

No. He would be the group's TAHNO.

8/20/2012 #6
albinotanuki

Oh come on, he's not THAT self center... Well, we'll at least give him more "Post Amon taking his bending powers away" moments to balance things out.

You know, the show might benefit if we got writers from Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra.

8/20/2012 . Edited 8/20/2012 #7
ArBeess

Much as I like the film I just dont think it would work as a TV series.

Inevitably most of the Celtic Mythology and historical aspects of the background would be lost in the transfer to the episode format and what would be left would just be some formulaic situations we have seen before.

2/23/2013 #8
Forum Moderators: albinotanuki
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member