Potions and Snitches
The Potions & Snitches Forum for Snape and Harry Gen stories. :] No HP/SS slash!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Dhruva

Hi

I am looking for a fic which I read a while ago, but I can't remember if it was on P&S or ff.net. I don't remember the author's or the story's name, but it was about Snape reading the Harry Potter and Philosopher's Stone book. He is forced to read it as every book he opens starts with the chapter 1 "The Boy who lived". The reading and reactions are interspersed with real life situations where Snape takes action based on what he has read. It was a great fic and I really want to re--read it. I would appreciate any and all help in finding it.

Thank you!!

1/30/2011 . Edited by Jan-AQ, 1/25/2015 #1
handschuhmaus

I remember this, too, and it was on ff.net, and unfinished, but I'm still trying to find it again!

2/7/2011 #2
firefly5151

Oh wow. Someone else is looking for this fic as well. I think it was called something like Bit of Light Reading. I actually had it as an alert on ff.net and had written reviews for it. I can't find it on my alerts or in the reviews I wrote for it. It's very weird. I sure hope it's around somewhere. I really want to re-read it as well. I was going to email the author today to see if/when she was going to update. Guess I won't be doing that.

2/18/2011 #3
Quetzalquatl

Hi,

I was looking for this one aswell. Does anyone know if this story was pulled from ff?

2/24/2011 #4
althor42

It is called A Little Light Reading, and this is what happened in the author's own words:

So, those of you who have me on alert and have checked my profile, probably know by now that my whole story archive got nuked. (There was much need for Calming Draughts around here that day to say the least.) I had no intention of reposting, as I'd gotten a bit lazy and only backed up a few of my stories.

Then, I got the idea to Google my Ffn Name and see if the stories had cached. (No, they didn't - Drat you ffn and your non-caching pages!) However, one of the things that I did find via Google was that someone on a Yahoo group had saved several, up to date, pages from my postings, which means I don't have to rewrite them.

YAY!

So, I'm going to put up what was salvaged (minus my reviews - my beautiful, beautiful reviews!) To that end, there will be updates.

As to She Who Shall Not Be Named... Kreacher has been deployed and there was much Splinching to be seen. (The little b*** really is good at getting blood out of the drapes, you know ;-P ) and the Giant Squid won't need to be fed for a few days.

The saved story can be found here:

2/25/2011 #5
althor42

It is called A Little Light Reading, and this is what happened in the author's own words:

So, those of you who have me on alert and have checked my profile, probably know by now that my whole story archive got nuked. (There was much need for Calming Draughts around here that day to say the least.) I had no intention of reposting, as I'd gotten a bit lazy and only backed up a few of my stories.

Then, I got the idea to Google my Ffn Name and see if the stories had cached. (No, they didn't - Drat you ffn and your non-caching pages!) However, one of the things that I did find via Google was that someone on a Yahoo group had saved several, up to date, pages from my postings, which means I don't have to rewrite them.

YAY!

So, I'm going to put up what was salvaged (minus my reviews - my beautiful, beautiful reviews!) To that end, there will be updates.

As to She Who Shall Not Be Named... Kreacher has been deployed and there was much Splinching to be seen. (The little b*** really is good at getting blood out of the drapes, you know ;-P ) and the Giant Squid won't need to be fed for a few days.

The saved story can be found here:

2/25/2011 #6
firefly5151

I knew I was close with what I thought the fic was called. I remember her writing that as well. I just found it odd that the entire thing disappered from ffnet within the last month or so.

Thanks for the link. I can't wait to read the entire thing now.

2/25/2011 #7
Dhruva

Hi

Thank you, thank you all so much!! This is a lovely gift after a week of exams. Yeah, I'm off to read the story just now. Anyone has any idea why ffnet took it off? It was such a great story.

Thanks to all the people who helped and tried to find the story!

Bye

2/27/2011 #8
shhIwasn'there

ahhhhh!!! I used to love that story. I thought the author had abandoned it after I stopped receiving update alerts!

8/2/2011 #9
Forum Moderators: Jan-AQ
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member