HELP WANTED: Infinite Marvel Universe
I need writers, editors, managers and maybe even artists to help create this up and coming fan-created Marvel Universe. Read inside for more details.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
InfiniteUniverse10

Here you can have your stories read and edited by our staff or, well, editors.

8/1/2012 #1
ReadingTrance

Hey, everyone. This is the beginning chapter (not quite finished, but almost there) to my Infinite Blade story. Let me know what you think of it so far and of any edits that need to be made. Thanks, all.

INFINITE BLADE

The Birthing

December 2, 1936, London, England

Tara Brooks laid in the bed at the brothel, screaming at the top of her lungs. She was currently in labor, which the surrounding prostitutes hoped they would never have to personally experience. However, they supported her. They always did. They had to all stick together.

"Where's the abbess with the crow?" Margaret asked.

Margaret was questioning where the brothel keeper was with the doctor. She was due back approximately five minutes prior to Margaret's question, which worried the women of the brothel. Tara appeared to be in immense pain and needed a doctor's expertise.

"Don't know. How are you doing Tara?" Ruth asked her, fiddling with the cross hanging from her neck.

Tara was still screaming as she gave Ruth a death glare. "Not. Well!"

"Don't worry, Tara. Blade is going to make it." Margaret added.

Tara smiled through the pain at her baby's name. She loved the originality it brought to the world. The other women of the brothel found it strange, but Tara didn't care. It was either that or, if it was a girl, Fern. However, Tara Brooks had always wanted a boy. She didn't want to have to raise a daughter to only end up where she was now.

Shortly after Margaret made Tara smile, the women heard footsteps rushing up the stairs.

"We're here!" The abbess, Madame Elizabeth Vanity, returned with a doctor following behind her.

The doctor sported a white goatee with short matching hair. Tara noticed his eyes were open really wide, like he was nervous or anxiously awaiting something. He placed his bag of doctor toys on the table next to the bed.

Elizabeth tried to calm down Tara. "This is Doctor Deacon Frost. He's going to help you through this."

"I think the baby's comin'!" Margaret shouted.

"Are you going to help her or just stand there?" Ruth asked Dr. Frost.

"I'm." Deacon Frost paused as he bowed his head. "I'm sorry."

When he looked back up at Tara, he showed his bloodshot eyes and newly acquired fangs.

The women of the brothel that could still see the doctor's face screamed, while the other half were questioning what he was talking about.

Deacon Frost lunged forward at Tara Brook, latching onto her neck with his fangs. The vampire began to suck blood out of the woman as the other prostitutes tried to pull him off. He simply pushed several of them aside as he finished his dinner.

"Get off of her, monster!" Ruth shouted as she hit the man over the head with an old-fashioned broom.

The broom snapped in half upon impact, leaving Ruth holding a sharp wood stick.

"I said off!" She shouted again as she shoved the stick through his shoulder.

Deacon immediately turned around and growled as he pushed Ruth up against the wall, accidentally placing his hand on the silver cross hanging from her neck.

The vampire shrieked as his hand began to burn and immediately clenched at his wound. Deacon Frost fled from the scene, seeing no use in remaining any longer.

"She's dead..." Margaret said softly after Frost had departed.

"But the baby seems okay. It's a miracle." Madame Vanity said as she held the newborn in her arms.

"What are we going to do with him?" Margaret asked.

Madame Vanity looked into the baby's eyes. "I will raise him."

Margaret nodded and added. "We all will."

Madame Vanity looked up at her and nodded in approval. There were several moments of silence. Ruth was looking down at her cross, which was now covered in burned skin. She asked a question that was on everyone's mind.

"What was that monster?"

December, 10, 1949, London, England

"A vampire?"

Blade, a new member of the teenager population, stared at the pile of ashes in the barren alleyway.

The man he was with looked right at him. "Yes, a vampire."

"And you just killed it with a cane?"

"Not just any ol' cane." He flashed a smile as he admired his weapon of choice. "A silver cane."

"This is crazy."

"Indeed it is. You, my boy, showed quite a bit of strength in that battle. I appreciate you jumping to my rescue like that."

Blade was on his way home from school when he looked down an alleyway to find the man fighting off three creatures. He instinctively helped the stranger with his natural strength and speed.

Still unknown to Blade at the time, he was part vampire from his strange birth. Doctor Frost's bite on Tara Brooks inadvertently passed on certain enzymes into Blade. This granted him extraordinary strength and speed, but Blade also inherited several vampire weaknesses. Luckily for him, he wouldn't experience those until he was a little bit older.

During the fight, the man showed some expert combat skill, but still found himself struggling against three fully grown vampires.

"Can you teach me how to fight?" Blade asked excitedly.

"Well, I suppose I could. You seem to have great potential."

"You have to come meet my mom and tell her what I did. She'll never believe me."

The man laughed. "Sure. Let's go meet your mom."

The two of them began to walk, Blade taking the lead. The brothel wasn't too far from where their current location.

"So, what's your name, kid?"

"It's Blade."

"Blade? That's an interesting name." The man smiled again.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. What's yours?"

"Arthur Whistler."

That was the day Blade met the man that would become his mentor.

The Brothel

Blade opened the door to the brothel, Arthur slowly following behind him.

"Welcome home, Blade." Madame Vanity came down the stairs. "Who's this?"

"Mom, meet Arthur Whistler. I saved his life today." Blade bragged.

Madame Vanity was confused. "You what?"

"He sure did." Arthur said with a smile.

"Well, we're going to have to discuss this then. I'm Elizabeth Vanity. It's a pleasure to meet you." She stuck her open hand out in Arthur's direction.

"Nice to meet you ma'am." Arthur took her hand and kissed the top of it.

A shy smile crossed the woman's face.

"Give us some time to talk, Blade." Madame Vanity told her son.

"Sure." Blade said as he scurried up the stairs past his mother figure.

Elizabeth led Arthur into the kitchen area, where Ruth was conversing with a potential costumer.

"Ruth." Madame Vanity nodded at her, signaling for her to leave.

"Let's go, handsome." Ruth took the man by the hand, leading him out of the room.

Madame Vanity joked. "Not sure how she still does it at her age."

"Some women will always have their touch." Arthur seemed to not mind the brothel.

Arthur took a seat at the table, while Madame Vanity grabbed a glass of wine.

"Let's discuss the events of today. What happened?"

"I was fighting off some, well, creatures in an alleyway. I was outnumbered three to one and Blade came to my rescue. I'm lucky he was there."

Elizabeth circled around the table and took a seat across from Arthur.

"Creatures?" She casually sipped at her wine.

"Yeah, I'm not sure you'd believe me if I told you about them, ma'am."

She smiled as she sipped at her wine again. "I'm going to assume you mean vampires. I'm just going based off of the silver cane you use."

Arthur was shocked she knew. However, Madame Vanity had learned all about vampires since the night of Tara Brooks's death.

"Well, yeah. How'd you know?"

She wasn't going to be so quick to tell Arthur, an apparent vampire hunter, that her supposed son partly belonged to the group of creatures he liked to kill.

"I've had my run-ins with them, you could say. I've just always tried to keep the brothel and Blade safe. Those are my priorities."

"Well, it would seem Blade doesn't need much protecting. He's very strong for a young boy. He actually asked me to give him some combat training. I think he would actually make a great vampire hunter."

Madame Vanity pondered the idea. The boy was going to get into trouble. It seemed to be in his nature. And if Blade's destiny was to hunt down these monsters, then she wasn't one to get in the way. Ever since Blade was born, she knew he'd be different. She truly believed that this occurrence was an act of fate, not coincidence.

"Well, Mr. Whistler, I think I can allow that. In fact, I have a proposal for you."

Arthur adjusted his position in his seat. "And what would that be?"

"Live here. Help us protect this brothel and my son from some of the horrible men that walk through that front door. Train my son to be able to protect himself from anyone, or anything that threatens him. Do all of that and I will supply you with anything you need. And, if you truly believe he is meant for it, I will allow you to train Blade to hunt down these demons."

"You drive a hard bargain, Ms. Vanity." Arthur smiled sarcastically. "I accept your offer. I sincerely want to train your son. I see infinite potential in him and I think, hopefully, that one day, he can make this world a better place. Blade may become the greatest hunter that ever lived."

"Well, here we go." Madame Vanity took a deep breath before drinking the last of her wine.

April 7, 1970, London, England

The clinging of blades sounded throughout the house as Abraham Henry Whistler, the eighteen-year old son of Madame Vanity and Arthur Whistler, fenced with Blade. Blade, now thirty-four, didn't look a day older than his supposed half-brother, due to his slower aging process he acquired in his late teens.

Whistler attacked high, as Blade parried and stuck at his opponent's midsection, connection to end the sessions.

"Damn!" Whistler shouted. "I'll get you one of these times, Blade."

"Keep saying that." Blade showed his perfect teeth as he grinned in victory.

"Blade, come here." Arthur shouted from the next room over.

Blade respectively nodded at Whistler as he left to go into the next room.

"Yeah?"

"I've got a new formula to try." The older Arthur said, holding a syringe in his hand.

Blade grimaced. "The last couple haven't gone over so well."

"I have faith in this one. Come on, give it a try."

"Fine." Blade took several steps closer to his mentor.

Arthur Whistler had been trying for several years to develop an antidote to cure Blade's hunger for human blood. Unsuccessful so far, he had hoped this one would finally work. Blade had been able to mostly find alternatives for his hunger, but it was an extremely tough option for him to continue living that way. It was especially bad when he slipped, having his hunger push him to needing live human blood.

Arthur stuck the needle into Blade's neck, slowly injecting him with the liquid inside the syringe.

"Let me know how you feel in an hour."

Blade rubbed his neck. "Sure."

It's a bit different from the original Blade story. Whistler was a character from the movies mainly, never really the comics. Whistler's father was never mentioned, never mind being Blade's mentor (Abraham Whistler was actually Blade's mentor in the movies).

8/2/2012 #2
Kyon Yukki

Infinite IronFist Origins

Disclaimer:This is the first chapter of my Infinite IronFist . This is for the new Marvel Universe, The Infinite Universe big thumbs up for the creation of the Infinite'verse, let me know what you think feel free to critic it. Remember I can only get better!

December/16/1994

...Huff..huff...huff!. It was a black night, the land around was coverd in a blanket of snow that continued to fall.

The sounds of yelling, and the cries of two infents, and a women panting could barley be herd over the heavy storm that blow across this land. There was a young women running away with two children she held close to a group of men where chasing after her as if she had stolen something from them.

With every step she took it felt to her as if the men chasing her where getting even closer. The sound of a gun fired out echoed into the night. The women was running back to a place, a sakered land which she called home. There was a temple that she grew up in and in that temple lived a man. That man was her father, he warned her about the outside world telling it was currupted by greed and fear, and hate.

It has been many years scence she left the temple. As she ran she found the mountine path that lead closer and closer to the temple with every step she took. Guns shots where still being made after her some would miss some would touch her barely she had bin hitten twice once in shoulder and the other in the leg but she didn't even notice she was to busy running for her life and for the life of her two children, Daniel and Maximus Rand.

( C'mon cant you dumbass's aim right I wants this girl dead!) one of the men shouted to the others . She could feel herself getting uneasy and dizzy from the cold and loss of blood, as ran up the mountine path she finaly made it to her distination she stood there for a few seconds gazing up at the temple it has been many years sense she left. She her another shot the sound snapped her out of her daze she ran up to the temple doors screaming for and banging an kicking the gates hoping someone inside would hear.

( Please! Someone open the door please! Father it's me Mayrin! )

She continued to kick and band onto the door but no one had ansered or opened it. She felt hope was lost for her and her children she fell down to the ground bouth children still wrapped in her arms bouth where still crying, she then said to them ( Im...sorry th-this isnt the life I wanted for you two.) as she lyed there falling deeper into the cold hands of death she could her the men getting closer.

She felt all hope lost until a man with long black hair and a tattoo of a dragon on his fists. He bent down to the women and said ( Dont worry my child I am here.) she could barley speak all she could mumble was ( D-D-Daniel an M-Maximus....father) and that was it the women was dead Daniel and Maximus still crying in there mothers arm's.

The man shed a single tear and looked at bouth of the children they where his grand kids this has been the first in many years sense he seen his daughter and, the first in his life time he's seen his grandchildren.

The group of men had there guns and katana's pointed at the man the lifeless women and the weeping children. ( Old man if you value you life step away from the bitch and get back in your little castle she's our's.) The man stood up and faced the other men and said ( You dare step on to sacred grounds bringing death and the sound of crying children here the women is dead if you all wish live for another day I sagest you turn around and leave!) he shouted standing his ground ready for anything. They all just smirked at him ( Ok you wanna play hero, ill show you what happends to people when they mess with the Steel Serpents!) One of the men ran up to the man, holding the katana reading to swing. As the man of the Steel Sepents got closer he jabbed at the man the blade going through his side. He stood there with a smirk( Ha! You like that!) helooked up and saw that the mans eye's where glowing a gold color and bouth dragons on his fists glowed as well emitting a type of power. The man with the glowing eye's looked down and said ( Is that all you can do? Let me show you what true strengh is.) He then reached for the blade that was in him and pulled it out. The wound he had gotten stopped bleeding and healed itself he then looked at the other men they where struckin with fear he then swung his fist at the man that stabbed him sending him to the groung out cold.

One men in the group that was there leader shouted( What are you guys waiting shoot him shoot him!) they all started to take fire at the man. He was dodging the bullets with ease moving closer to the steel serpents gang. As he got closer they all started to jabb at him and trying to stab him but not a single hit was made on the glowing man( Fell the power of the Iron Fist.) he said as started to swing at them knocking some out old with a single hit kicking, blocking he took them out one was left standing he was held by the neck from the glowing man. The glowing man then said ( If you or your people ever come back or bring harm to my family your life will be mine!) He then released the gand leader ( Now leave if you know whats best.) The leader looked at the glowing man with rage he gather his gang members and left ( I'll be back one day old man you imbarrest the name of the Steel Serpents you'll pay.) and with that said they all left. The glowing man stood there as turned back to normal no longer glowing gold he walked back over to his daughter and grandchildren and said to her ( I will do my best to raise them well my child.) he picked her up with the two children and walked into the temple ( let's get you two inside before you catch a cold.) they bouth stopped there crying and stared at him and behind him the temple doors where shut.

Authors note: Still more to come what waits for Daniel and Maximus in the future and who are the Steel Serpents? Who knows? Well I do so stayed tuned for Infinite IronFist.

8/2/2012 . Edited 8/3/2012 #3
InnovationIncarnate

ReadingTrance: Entertaining read. I like your depiction of Blade and how his origins somewhat mirrors the original comics. Even more so, it's cool how you incorporated Whistler into the story. Not much to critique on about the grammar. There are practically no mistakes, and if so, I didn't notice them. The only thing I'd have to say about this is that I found it odd how the prostitutes quickly adjusted to the death of Blade's mother; I would've thought they'd show more shock at it. For the most part though, very good start to Infinite Blade.

KyonYukki: The story to this was entertaining, as I thought the battle between Iron Fist and the Steel Serpents was good. The story revolving around Iron Fist's daughter and her children was also compelling. However, there are some grammatical errors in this. Also, the parentheses make it confusing to read, as normally you would use quotations to depict dialogue. Please know that I'm just trying to help improve this; the plot and dialogue were actually good, it was mostly just the grammar that caught my attention. If possible, I'd like to edit this (if I could). If you'd like to me to help with the edits, I'd be glad; I'd just like to know how I could do it.

8/3/2012 #4
InfiniteUniverse10

I felt the same way and agreed with everything you said Innovation. If you have the time innovation, could you edit his story? Maybe give him your email or something. I'd like our stories to look as good as possible (which means good grammar and spelling.)

8/3/2012 #5
InnovationIncarnate

I'd be glad to edit Yukki's story, but I don't know how exactly to do it. Would I be able to edit it on the forums somehow or is there another way?

8/3/2012 #6
ReadingTrance

As far as editing IronFist goes: I'd assume he should either e-mail you the story, or you can copy and paste it into Word and edit it that way, I guess.

Thanks for the feedback too. I suppose I should make them a bit more shocked. I'll see what I can do with it.

8/3/2012 #7
Kyon Yukki

thank you all for taking the time to read my story of IronFist I appreciate it.

Also xInnovationIncarnatex I would like it if you could edit my stories as I type them see im very good at writing it's just my grammer involving commas etc is not that great but for the characters dialog ill see to it right away and yes if you want I could send them through e-mail you can edit and send it back once your done.

but to clear up the confusion I see the glowing man isnt Ironfist he is the carry of the power he could use it but not to its full potential basicaly he is a mentor.

8/3/2012 #8
Kyon Yukki

thank you all for taking the time to read my story of IronFist I appreciate it.

Also xInnovationIncarnatex I would like it if you could edit my stories as I type them see im very good at writing it's just my grammer involving commas etc is not that great but for the characters dialog ill see to it right away and yes if you want I could send them through e-mail you can edit and send it back once your done.

but to clear up the confusion I see the glowing man isnt Ironfist he is the carry of the power he could use it but not to its full potential basicaly he is a mentor.

8/3/2012 #9
InfiniteUniverse10

everyone make sure to write "By *your name*" so you give yourself credit.

8/3/2012 #10
InnovationIncarnate

Infinite IronFist Origins

Disclaimer: This is the first chapter of my Infinite IronFist. This is for the new Marvel Universe, The Infinite Universe. Big thumbs up for the creation of the Infinite'verse. Let me know what you think feel free to critic it. Remember, I can only get better!

December/16/1994

"...Huff..huff...huff!"

It was a black night, and the land around was covered in a blanket of snow that continued to fall. The sounds of yelling and the cries of two infants, along with a woman panting could barely be heard over the heavy storm that blew across this land. There was a young woman running away with two children she held close to her. A group of men were chasing after her as if she had stolen something from them.

With every step she took, it felt to her as if the men chasing her were getting even closer. The sound of a gun being fired out echoed into the night. The woman was running back to a place, a sacred land which she called home. There was a temple that she grew up in and in that temple lived a man. That man was her father; he had warned her about the outside world, telling it was corrupted by greed, fear, and hate.

It has been many years since she left the temple. As she ran, the woman found the mountain path that lead closer and closer to the temple with every step she took. Gunshots were still being made after her; some would miss, while others would touch her just barely. She had been hit twice, once in the shoulder and the other in the leg, but she didn't even notice. The woman was too busy running for her life and the lives of her two children, Daniel and Maximus Rand.

"C'mon, cant you dumbasses aim right?! I want this girl dead!" One of the men shouted to the others.

She could feel herself getting uneasy and dizzy from the cold and loss of blood. As she ran up the mountain path, the woman finally made it to her destination. She stood there for a few seconds, gazing up at the temple. It has been many years since she left. She heard another shot, the sound snapping her out of her daze. She ran up to the temple doors, screaming, banging and kicking the gates, just hoping someone inside would hear.

"Please! Someone open the door please! Father, it's me, Mayrin!"

She continued to kick and bang onto the door, but no one had answered or opened it. She felt hope was lost for her and her children. The woman fell down to the ground, both children still wrapped in her arms, crying.

She then said to them, "I'm...sorry. Th-this isn't the life I wanted for you two."

As she lied there falling deeper into the cold hands of death, the woman could hear the men getting closer.

She felt all hope was lost until a man with long, black hair and a tattoo of a dragon on his fists appeared all of a sudden.

He bent down to the woman and said, "Dont worry, my child. I am here."

She could barely speak; all she could mumble was, "D-D-Daniel and M-Maximus....father."

And that was it - the woman was dead. Daniel and Maximus were still crying in their mother's arms.

The man shed a single tear and looked at both of the children. They where his grandchildren; this had been the first in many years since he had seen his daughter, and in his lifetime that he'd seen his grandchildren.

The group of men had their guns and katanas pointed at the man, the lifeless woman and the weeping children.

"Old man, if you value you life, step away from the bitch and get back in your little castle! She's our's!" One of the men warned.

The man stood up and faced the other men.

"You dare step on to sacred grounds, bringing death and the sound of crying children?! The woman is dead! If you all wish to live another day, I suggest you turn around and leave!" He shouted, standing his ground and ready for anything.

They all just smirked at him. "Okay, you wanna play hero? I'll show you what happens to people when they mess with the Steel Serpents!"

One of the men ran up to the lone man, holding his katana and preparing to swing. As the man of the Steel Sepents got closer, he jabbed at the man, with the blade going through his side.

He stood there with a smirk. "Ha! You like that?!"

He looked up, seeing that the man's eyes and both of the dragons on his fists were glowing a gold color, emitting a special type of power.

The man with the glowing eyes looked down and said, "Is that all you can do? Let me show you what true strength is."

He then reached for the blade that was in him and pulled it out. The wound he had gotten stopped bleeding and healed itself instantly. He then looked at the other men, who were struck with fear at his quick recovery. The glowing man then swung his fist at the man that had stabbed him, sending him to the ground, out cold.

One man in the group, who appeared to be their leader shouted, "What are you guys waiting for? Shoot him, shoot him!"

They all started to take fire at the man, but he dodged the bullets with relative ease, moving closer to the Steel Serpents gang. As he got closer, they all started to jab at him and tried to stab him, but not a single hit was made on the glowing man.

"Feel the power of the Iron Fist." He said as he started to swing at them, knocking some out old with a single hit, kicking and blocking.

He took them out, except for one, who was left standing. The spared man was held by the neck by the glowing man.

The glowing man then said, "If you or your people ever come back or bring harm to my family again, your life will be mine!"

He then released the gang leader and said, "Now leave, if you know what's best."

The leader looked at the glowing man with rage building in his face. He gathered his gang members and left, stating ominously, "I'll be back one day, old man. You embarrassed the name of the Steel Serpents and for that, you'll pay."

And with that said, they all left. The glowing man stood there as he turned back to normal, no longer glowing gold. He walked back over to his lifeless daughter and grandchildren.

"I will do my best to raise them well, my child." The man said.

He picked her up with the two children and walked back into the temple.

"Now, let's get you two inside before you catch a cold."

They both stopped their crying and stared at him. Behind him the temple doors were shut.

Author's Note: Still more to come! What awaits Daniel and Maximus in the future and who are the Steel Serpents? Who knows? Well, I do, so stayed tuned for Infinite IronFist.

xInnovationIncarnatex: Well, I'm done editing your story, Yukki. I fixed most (if not all) of the grammatical errors and added some other revisions to the sentence structure. Anything else you need help with, let me know!

8/3/2012 . Edited 8/4/2012 #11
Kyon Yukki

Disclaimer: Thank you everyone who read over my first chapter im glad you all liked it ill try my best to make less grammer erros as possible. I've been thinking a lot today of ways to benefit IronFist so sit back relax and enjoy.

Infinite IronFist Origins by Kyon Yukki

Desember/20/1994

In a temple chamber lyed two brothers fast asleep. One named Daniel the other Maximus they had no family except there grandfather he had lived in this temple ever since he was born. This temple had a ledgend to it a mystical one, passed down from generation to the next. The ledgend spoke of one who will weild a power and soul of a dragon. Who ever is blessed with this power will be reborn in the flames of life and harnes the mark of the dragon. The one who is reborn will be given the power of the IronFist, but there is a dark side to this ledgend of one who will bring great chaos and death to the land one who harnesses the power of the serpent he who has the serpent within him will be cursed forever till death do he part.

There is a story behind this ledgend. Long ago when the earth was still young there lived two guardians of the land a dragon and a snake. The dragon was noble and strong while the other was cruel and deceiving. The snake treeted his people horribly depriving them of food, drying there lakes, and killing there animals. One day the dragon took notice of his fellow gaurdian's evil ways so in the night he took the snakes land and people give them food and water and the healthiest animals they ever had. The people loved the dragon praised him as a god the snake however hated the dragon so in the night the snake placed a curse over the land and in the morning all the people accused each other of stealing and cheating they all began to hate each other soon the people would resort to killing in day or night death and bloodshed was born into the land. The dragon tried all he could to stop the people from doing so but they would'nt listen to him weeks went by this evil was forced to be seen by the dragon soon he noticed everyone in the land was dead. The dragon became furrius with the snake.

'' Why have you done this snake!?'' the snake replied with a sinister grin'' Because my deer brother you took them from me! My little plaything's you had your land and I had mine! I was given this power and I will use it in anyway as I pleas, if death and bloodshed torture and pain make me happy then so be it!'' as the snake said that he lunged at the dragon biteting him injecting him with venome. It caused the dragon great pain he was more infurryiated with the snake now he lashed back at the snake with his claws leaving a deep mark that will last forever on the snakes chest. The war between them lasted for many years who knows how long they've faught for. Until the day they where bouth at there last strenght the snake's eye began to glow emitting a purple energy the dragon however his eye's where emitting a golden power they charged towards each other for the final blow. A moment of silence was brought to the land as bouth gaurdians fell to the ground the dragon with his claws burried into the snake's chest and the snake's fangs burried into the dragon's neck.

The snake then wisperd his final words '' One day brother I will return powerful than ever and I the SerPent will rule all'' and with that he vanished the dragon lyed there and thought of what his brother said '' I am a part of this world..this land I will protect it as long as I live.'' the noble dragon closed his eye's he used the last of his power to restore the distruction he and his brother has caused during there battle. Dead tree's began to grow the blackend fields turned to green animals could be seen people who where dead brought back peace was braought to the land but a dark evi lives in everyone. As the dragon began to vanish from the world he said '' With little strenght I have left I will give it to those who has a pure soul..they will use to defeat evil for as long as they live.'' as the dragon said his last words he was gone.

Those who are blessed with the mark of the dragon will harness his power and protect the world from evil while the one's who are born with the serpent are cursed for everlasting evil.

In a nother part of the temple sleeped a man the grandfather of the brother's. He was jolted awake by a sense of strong evil ''ggahh!'' he gasped he quickly walked out of his chambers and hurried his way to the brothers chamber. He went past a student who was training there under his wing '' Ahh master Haku what's wrong your in a hurry?'' he replied '' Im sorry but I must check on my grandchildren'' the student followed behined his master with great consern. As they bouth arived at there door he quickly opened it to check on them '' It looks like there fast asleep master.'' he walked in and looked at bouth of them '' Maybe it was nouthing. Return back to your room you have much training to do in the morning.'' '' Yes master'' the student replied. They had bouth left returning to there rooms. As the grandfather went back to his room he noticed something the Dragon tatto's he had on him where gone now he suddenly felt very out of breath and collasped onto the floor he herd a voice in his head ( You have done well Haku I thank you for holding my power until the next chosen one has come.) with that said the voice was gone and grandfather Haku was asleep.

Authors note: Well folks there it is chapter 2 sorry if the ending was pretty weak it was all I could think of but I promiss the next one will be better. To be continued in Infinite IronFist Origins chapter 3.

8/4/2012 #12
InfiniteUniverse10

No offense, but you still need to work on spelling. Also, the title should be Infinite Origins: Iron Fist if it is a mini series.

8/4/2012 #13
Kyon Yukki

alright ill try but it's not a mini series after im done with his origins im still gonna continue to write about him

8/4/2012 #14
InfiniteUniverse10

Note: Review…seriously!

Cover- Thanos engaging Drax, Captain America, Scarlet Spider and Black Panther.

The Triskelion, December 22, 2012, 11:05 PM

Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D., strode through the prison directly below the Triskelion. He was followed by three S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who recently finished cleaning up New York: Clint Barton aka Hawkeye, Barbara "Bobbi" Morse aka Mockingbird, and Phil Coulson aka Phil Coulson.

The director of S.H.I.E.L.D. arrived at his destination: the warden's office. After briefly stating the password and having his fingerprints checked, he was allowed into the office. Director Fury dismissed the Warden to numerous questions. Then, Fury calmly strode up to the Warden's speaker system.

"You sure about this?" Clint asked.

"Absolutely," Fury activated the speaker system and began, "Greetings inmates. As I'm sure you can tell, I am Nick Fury, director of SHIELD. You are a number of the most dangerous super-criminals this world has ever seen. For the crimes you have committed, you have been sentenced to, at the very least, fifty-years in prison. Now, you're about to get a chance to redeem yourself for your past misdeeds."

Almost a hundred yards away a certain Carl Lucas sat up in his cell, intrigued. He'd been born into a good family but after a few mistakes he ended up in a genetic experiment under the authority of the organization HYDRA to create their own Hulk. After fighting the actual Hulk, Luke was injured and brought into custody by SHIELD. All he'd ever thought about since coming here was getting a chance to redeem himself.

So, you can imagine when he heard Director Fury's words that he got a little excited.

"The world is in danger. Any of you who so wish can get a chance to cut off a little of your sentence if you join us. Any of you who attempt to deceive us will be terminated. We need your help. The world needs your help," Fury finished and exited the office, numerous SHIELD agents already moving throughout the prison looking for any potential candidates.

When Agent Barton arrived at Carl Lucas' cell, Carl ran over to the bars and said, "I'm in!"

"Whoa, there. Slow down a little, fella. Don't get too excited," Clint waved his hands, attempting to calm the man down. Clint then motioned for Carl to come closer. Carl squeezed his bulky arm through the adamtium bars on his cell and Clint injected something into his arm.

"Ow! 'The hell was that?" Carl asked.

"Doesn't matter." Clint opened Carl's cell and motioned for the powerful ex-criminal to follow him.

Clint checked a few more villains' cells, all of the answers 'no,' then he led Luke to a wide, closed off room with large steel doors and no windows.

When Carl entered the room he noticed only four other ex-villains were there. Fury was already in the room standing in front of the small team of villains, flanked by Clint, Bobbi, Phil and a few other SHIELD agents.

"I guess this is all…it'll have to do," Fury grimaced.

"All of the others hate you too much to even begin to think of working for you," Abner Jenkins said honestly.

"The feelings are mutual," Fury grimly responded and then began to list off, "Melissa Gold aka Screaming Mimi. Abner Jenkins aka the Beetle. Erik Josten aka Power Man…"

"Nice name," Carl muttered to himself and smirked.

"…Maxwell Markham aka Grizzly. And last but not least, Carl Lucas aka nothing."

"Your name is nothing?" Erik Josten turned to Luke and laughed.

"No. My name is Carl Lucas. But if it was Nothing it would be a hell of a lot better than Power Man," Luke replied.

"Shut up you two," Bobbi commanded, shaking her head in frustration.

The two did as they were told and Fury started out again, "Now that we're back in progress, welcome to the…"

"RRRRAAGGGHHH!" The up-until-now-silent Maxwell Markham, Grizzly, charged at Fury.

With a flick of Fury's hand and the click of a button Maxwell was not only on the ground, but on the ceiling, the walls and the other people in the room.

"Disgusting…" Clint wiped some goor off of him.

"Less so than my mother's chili pie," Coulson stated.

Clint, confused, turned and looked at his fellow SHIELD agent, "Was that a joke?"

Phil didn't reply.

"Phil! Agent Coulson? Was that a joke? Did you just make a joke?"

"Shut it, Barton," Fury growled.

"Yes, sir." Clint stood up straight and looked at the awed and goory ex-criminals.

"Now you see we weren't joking. We have implanted a bomb inside you and you will be terminated if you do not follow orders or if you attempt to betray us," Fury stated. All the criminals still looked forward, eyes wide.

"Well, you four are now a separate team of Avengers, but you will do the things the Avengers can't, go the places they can't. You will have to go undercover. Your current identities will cease to exist. From now on you are nobodies. You are faceless, unknown heroes.From now on you are…"

"Thunderbolts!"

"Who are the Avengers?" Carl whispered to Melissa Gold, who was standing next to him.

"Don't know."

"Should we know?"

"Don't know."

"……Great."

INFINITE AVENGERS

Day 3: Against a Common Threat

Wakanda, December 23, 2012, 1:12 AM

Thanos the World Breaker floated above the incoming Drax, simply smirking, "Another of the Watch," he grabbed Drax, spun him around and threw him into a building, "I'll do this the old-fashioned way."

Down below the small crowd made up of Captain America, Scarlet Spider, T'Challa and a Wakandan Elder were arguing.

"He doesn't stand a chance! Just look at him!" Cap demanded much to the frustration of the elder.

"Our holy men have prophesized that Dracili would defeat the Demon, Thanos! It will come to pass!" The elder ignored the beginning of the fight between Drax and Thanos, in which it had begun badly for Drax.

T'Challa, unsure of to do, tried to make a point, "Captain, at first it seemed you spoke the truth. But look now! Drax is rising; he is using the Power Gem!"

And indeed the green-skinned Drax the Destroyer arose from the remnants of a building, the red crystal in his chest glowing a passionate crimson blaze.

"KILL THANOOOSSS!!!" Drax uttered a guttural roar and soared into the sky again, knives at the ready.

The two cosmic beings clashed, but yet again Drax was propelled into a building, this time via energy blasts.

"Well, at the very least evacuate the city. It's falling to pieces," Cap demanded, but to no avail.

"We will be saved. No one will die," The elder looked to T'Challa, practically begging him to challenge him just so he could put the young king down.

High above, Drax and Thanos clashed again. The Destroyer pushed through Thanos deadly eye blasts, his muscles pulsing, blood-colored energy rising off his skin like smoke. Drax managed to push all the way through the blast and landed a swift cut to Thanos armored thigh, however he did not injure the Avatar of Death.

"Hm…you are much feistier and more…primal than my last opponent. Your thirst for blood is extraordinary, if only you weren't a Watchman I may yet have let you join the ranks of those who shall live my massacre," Thanos lifted Drax over his head and threw him to the ground, attempting to entertain himself as he waited for more Watchmen to emerge.

On the temple steps the noble Captain America turned away from the ignorant elder and the man he helped to make king, and muttered a word he barely ever used, even on the worst occasions, "Damn! You've forced my hand, T'Challa!" Cap turned to his partner, Scarlet Spider, "Listen, Spider, I need you to get up there and get Drax to stop attacking Thanos before we have a dead cosmic-alien-god-or-whatever-he-is on our hands."

"On it," Spider simply responded before leaping into the air.

"What are you doing?" The elder cried.

"Saving a man who may actually know what's going on," Cap simply said, before turning to the sky and praying for the best.

In the air above Spider was swinging up the large Wakandan buildings, attempting to reach the clashing cosmic monsters.

"Man, they're way up there, aren't they?" Spider muttered as she examined the battle from the top of a building. Suddenly, Drax was thrown directly towards her. Using her keen spider-sense and fantastic agility, Scarlet Spider dodged the behemoth and managed to land on a nearby rooftop. Before Spider could say a word Drax jumped towards Thanos yet again.

"Crap. I'm actually going to have to go up there to get him…" Spider realized. She began to make herself a web-catapult. After finishing she prayed she wouldn't die this day and launched herself into the sky. However, she didn't quite reach her mark.

"No…No. No! NO! I CAN'T DIE! I CAN'T DIE! I CAN'T DIE!" She screamed as she fired a line of webbing towards the battling beings. "Please. Please. Please. Please. YES!" The webbing caught onto Thanos face, completely covering it. This distraction not only allowed Spider to swing up to Thanos' and Drax's level, but it also gave Drax enough time to land a good stab into Thanos' gut. Black blood surged from the wound, however, the deep cut closed almost immediately.

"I am the Avatar of Death, gifted with immortality! No blow or injury will fell me! I am unstoppable…" Thanos turned his head to Scarlet Spider, who was currently sticking to Thanos back, "…and no measly annoyance will distract me for I will squash that annoyance like a bug."

Thanos attempted to reach back and pull Spider off his back, as Drax, unable to fly, plummeted to the ground below.

"Yeah, you crazy super-villain people really need to start thinking up better threats. I mean, you're going to squash me? Like a bug? Totally stereotypical! Why not go with something simple like 'I'm going to rip you to pieces!' or even just 'I'm going to kill you!'" Spider quipped as she held on for dear life. Eventually however, Spider had to jump off of the attacking cosmic being, and she swung around him, using his leg like a building, "Also, big, purple and ugly, you really need to go shopping. That whole 'goth-avatar-of-death-grim-reaper thing is sooo last month." Spider swung above Thanos and pulled his dark hood over his face, blinding him. Thanos, however, simply blasted Spider away.

"Stupid bug," Thanos grimaced.

Drax lunged towards Thanos, through the air, but Spider, on her way to the ground, tackled Drax and held onto him, using him as cushion. After crashing through a building, Spider looked up and forced Drax to the ground, "Listen, Destroyer dude, you need to stop now. You're getting your butt kicked out there! And quoting one of the greatest movies of all time, 'Come with me if you want to live.'"

Drax simply pushed Spider to the side, however, and sprung through the air towards The Mad Titan screaming, "DRAX DESTROY THANOS!"

Spider shook her head, "He's crazy. A totally crazy, blood thirsty, oddly hot dragon-god-alien named Drax."

Spider hopped back to the ground to Captain America, "No go, Cap. He's coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs."

"What?" Cap gave Spider a dumbfounded expression.

"He's crazy," Scarlet Spider explained, "Like out-of-his-mind crazy. It's like he's been hard wired to want to kill Thanos."

Captain America sighed and simply turned back to the two Wakandans, "Alright, I'm going to put this bluntly, T'Challa: your city is burning. You need to evacuate it. We, or should I say Drax, is fighting a losing battle against an invincible cosmic god. Evacuate Wakanda now."

"I…if we do, the city will surely be destroyed," T'Challa replied, much to the approval of the elder.

"If you don't, there will be no people left to live in this city," Cap made his point and hushed the elder before he could speak again, "It's your move, T'Challa. This is your city, your country."

T'Challa briefly looked at the ground, before looking back up, fire in his eyes, "The city needs to be evacuated. Shush," T'Challa said before the elder could speak, "Spread the word. We are abandoning Wakanda."

The elder ran off and T'Challa turned to the two American heroes, "I have to go help evacuate the city, but I will be back…" The kind of Wakanda ran off without another word.

Cap smiled, the situation slightly better, and he activated the communicator in his helmet, "General Fury, this is Captain America, over. We have a situation in Wakanda, code black. I repeat, code black."

Captain America nodded his head a few times, responding to the voice on the other side of the line, "Alright, thank you General. Captain America, out."

"So, what's the deal?" Scarlet Spider asked.

"We're getting reinforcements. Fury says they'll be here in T-Minus five," Cap explained.

"That means…"

"Five minutes."

"Right. 'Knew that."

"In the meantime we have to help evacuate the city," Captain America said, "You swing around and help pick people up, and pull them out of the line of fire. I'll lead them out."

The two began their jobs but shortly into them they heard a deafening howl and they looked up. Drax was being held by his neck, choking out. Thanos, a sadistic grin on his face, ripped out the Power Gem on Drax's chest. Blood spurted everywhere and the Destroyer screamed in agony. Thanos simply let him go, and Drax fell to the ground below.

Cap turned to Scarlet Spider, who was hanging from a building above, "Spider, go catch him!"

"Aye aye, Cap'n," Spider swung over to the falling alien and grabbed onto him, holding tight. She looked down at his wound, but instantly regretted doing so. It was disgusting. His chest was practically ripped open. Torn muscle and tissue were apparent, and thankfully no bone was in sight.

Spider gently let Drax onto the ground. She pulled off her mask, exposing a young, scared face.

Captain America ran over, expecting the worst.

"Is he…"

"I dunno. Haven't checked yet," Spider hurriedly checked his pulse, "Still alive. Barely. He needs help now."

Suddenly a loud intercom could be heard over the crumbling buildings and the screaming, "S.H.I.E.L.D. One to Captain America and Scarlet Spider, reinforcements have arrived."

"Thank God," Captain America grinned.

"Thank General/Director Nick Fury," Spider said, already gently swinging the injured Drax over to the air craft.

High above in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Quinjet, the four newly outfitted Thunderbolts stood at the ready, General Fury, Hawkeye, and Mockingbird standing behind them.

"We're supposed to take him down? That big purple dude?" Luke Cage asked, a mixture of excitement and fear on his face.

"Yes," General Fury replied, "Or at least stall him long enough until more reinforcements arrive."

"Gotcha."

Melissa Gold, once Screaming Mimi but now Songbird, flicked her white and pink highlights to the side, "Thunderbolts, move out."

The team plunged from the sky towards the cosmic threat. They'd all gone over massive makeovers. The newly christened Songbird now had long hair, now dyed with both pink and white highlights. Her uniform was drastically different, a blue and white S.H.I.E.L.D. suit padded with golden armor, a single pink gem embedded over her heart.

Ex-Beetle, now Mach V, Abner Jenkins was in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Mach V armor based off Iron Man's. It had been created by Hank Pym to be a better, faster version of Iron Man's suit. It was faster, but not better. The suit was almost entirely silver other than a few black spots here and there. Silver wings and a jetpack helped stabilize flight onhis back and he saw through a red visor on the helmet.

Erik Josten, now Atlas, wore a brown spandex suit, a white A on the front. He had a small headpiece and his once long blonde hair was now dyed brown and cut into a buzz.

And lastly, Carl Lucas took no nickname, preferring to go by a new name: Luke Cage. He had completely shaved his head and instead of a uniform he simply wore a yellow shirt, black cargo pants and combat boots.

Luke took the first shot, using the force of his fall to launch a massively powerful punch to Thanos' face. However, immediately after doing so he was blasted away by Thanos' atomic heat vision.

Meanwhile Spider was dropping off the injured Drax onto the Quinjet.

"Who is this?" Fury asked.

"A man with answers. Don't let him die," Spider hopped off the high-tech jet and plummeted to the ground below.

Suddenly, Fury got a call on his communicator, "Yes?"

"General, we have to get out of here now," Captain America responded from the other end of the line, "This is a losing battle."

"We can't, Steve, this may be our one chance to take down the son of a bitch before he gets too powerful," Fury replied.

"He already is too powerful. Unless you want-"

"Stop talking and start fighting, soldier. That's an order," Fury commanded and Cap reluctantly hung up. General and Director Fury turned to Hawkeye and Mockingbird, who were both in uniform, "Get down there now. Back up Captain America and do anything he says."

"Yes, sir," Mockingbird and Hawkeye replied in unison. The two jumped out of the plane and parachuted to the ground below.

High above ground level, The Thunderbolts were having a bang up time fighting Thanos.

"AAAGGGHHH" Atlas cried out in pain as he was knocked onto a building, completely crushing it, by a large blast of golden energy protruding from Thanos' hands.

"How dare you weaklings fight me! You stand no chance again Thanos, the Avatar of Death!" Thanos shouted.

"We'll just see about that…Thunderbolts, attack at once!" Songbird ordered. Using her pink, sound-energy wings she flew towards Thanos, already creating a sound hammer.

Mach V readied everything he had to blast Thanos.

Luke crouched slightly, preparing to jump all the way up to Thanos to deliver a blow he'd never forget.

Atlas pushed himself off the ground and prepared a massive backhand to Thanos.

"ATTACK!" Songbird cried and the Thunderbolts did as they were told. All of them attacked at once, giving everything they had.

You couldn't spot Thanos in the midst of their attack, and the Thunderbolts prayed it was enough to fell the cosmic powerhouse…

…It wasn't.

Thanos emerged from the destruction, virtually unscathed.

"I am invulnerable, immortal. That is my curse. One I use wisely," Thanos simply blasted the four of them away. None of them had the strength to get back up. None but…

Luke Cage!

The man with skin as hard as steel stood, unwilling to give up. Scarlet Spider swung over to Luke and quipped, "So, who are you? Black Hulk?"

Luke gave Spider the evil eye, "Bad joke, huh? Yeah, it was just a tad racist."

"Don't care 'bout that. Only 'bout kicking this guy's ass."

"Me too. Let's go!" Spider and Luke engaged Thanos, much to the pleasure of the endlessly powerful being.

And down below the battle, Hawkeye and Mockingbird landed directly by Captain America.

"So, what's the plan, Cap? How are we supposed to take this guy?" Hawkeye asked, praying their ever-brave leader had an answer.

"I don't know."

"Well, I do."

The three of the heroes turned around and were happy to see T'Challa. But he was T'Challa, king of Wakanda, no longer. Now, dressed in black-as-night Panther-styled clothing, he was none other than the Black Panther!

Black Panther carried with him numerous weapons.

"Your shield may be strong, Captain, but it won't deal any serious damage to Thanos' nearly impervious skin. Use this," Black Panther tossed Cap a silver pistol, one of the only of its kind in Wakanda.

"It has vibranium bullets. Only two dozen, so use them wisely." Panther then held out a quiver, with presumably vibranium arrows in it, "I'm assuming you will take these vibranium arrows, Archer?"

"It's Hawkeye and yeah, it'll be my pleasure to rip Thanos' face off with those things," Hawkeye grinned as he tossed his quiver to the ground and put on the new one.

"And lastly, take this," Black Panther handed a machine gun over to Mockingbird.

"Thanks," Mockingbird began, "But what are you going to use?"

"These," silver claws popped out of Panther's suit with the flick of his wrist.

"Whoa. Totally cool," Mockingbird said in awe.

"Mmhmm," Hawkeye agreed.

"Alright, then. Hawkeye, Mockingbird, find the tallest building you can that isn't destroyed and get on the rooftop. You'll give Black Panther and I cover fire as we directly confront Thanos along with Scarlet Spider and this…new guy," Cap looked towards Luke Cage, who just rammed shoulder-first into Thanos.

"Got it," Hawkeye said, a excited grin on his face.

"Yessir," Mockingbird replied.

"Alright, then, Avengers it's time to save the world," And the duo of non-powered heroes did as they were told, military training helping everything go smoothly.

Captain America then turned his head to Black Panther. The Wakandan hero nodded his head in a silent reply and the two ran off to engage Thanos.

"You know, I officially think I'm the luckiest person alive," Scarlet Spider declared as she dodged a fatal blast, "I mean, sure I've got a spider-sense and super agility but I mean, c'mon, I've been fighting this Thanos dude longer than anybody and I'm still pretty much fine other than a couple'a broken ribs and a few scrapes."

"Do you always talk this much? ARRGGHH!" Luke asked as he was knocked to the side by Thanos' fist.

"Do I always talk this much argh? I don't quite get what'cha mean. What's an argh? Kidding," Spider tried to web Thanos face but to no avail, "I only talk this much when I'm in a life and death situation and am trying not pee my very nice, new, S.H.I.E.L.D. su…AAGGHH!!" Spider screamed as Thanos grabbed her neck and prepared to blast her head off with his heat rays. But at the last second, a blur of red, white and blue connected with Thanos' hand, making him drop Scarlet Spider.

"I'd keep a little distance if I were you, Spider," Captain America grimly said as he caught his boomeranging shield.

"Yeah, I'll keep that in mind," Spider replied, landing on a building by Cap spider-style.

Luke Cage quickly hopped over to the small group of heroes, "What's the plan?"

"Attack," Cap grimly responded.

"Got it. So by attack do you mean 'get our asses kicked?'" Luke replied, already preparing to jump at Thanos again.

"No, I mean 'try not to die.'" Cap said, completely serious.

"Y'know, you can shut me up if I'm wrong but shouldn't we be trying to kick the crazy alien terrorist guy's butt and not talking about dying because he's about to start ignoring us, and start killing all those Wakandans running away," Spider stated.

"She's right. Get going, soldiers," Cap ordered. The team all jumped into the air at once; Scarlet Spider swung towards Thanos on a web-line, Cap and Panther started to climb and jump over wreckage to reach Thanos, and Luke just jumped straight towards the Mad Titan.

However, Thanos targeted Cap and Panther, and prepared to blow them to smithereens.

"Hey, cock-sucker, get a load of this!"

Thaos turned his head right as a vibranium arrow reached him. The arrow pierced his forehead, right in between his eyes.

"Head shot, bitch," Hawkeye grinned, thinking it was over.

"Arrow-guy, watch he can regenerate!" Spider cried.

"My name isn't Arrow-guy, it's…"

BOOM!

The building blew up below Hawkeye, and the Archer disappeared beneath the rubble. Thanos rose his head slowly, ripped out the arrow and healed, having just fired a burst of energy at the building on which Hawkeye stood.

"NO!" Mockingbird cried from an adjacent roof. She began to unload all she had on the Mad Titan.

Vibranium bullets pierced Thanos' skin, but all the bullet holes healed in seconds, the bullets popping out of the wounds.

"Pitiful humans, do you not understand that you are beneath me?" Thanos asked.

"Understand this!" Luke, hurtling through the air, tackled Thanos and held him till he hit the ground.

"Is that the best you could do to hurt me, human?" Thanos stood up, grabbing Luke by the throat all the while, "You seem to be impervious to some attack, but not everything, mortal."

Thanos eyes glowed crimson and Luke prepared for the end.

"Sonuvabitch thinks he can kill the new guy…"

An arrow pierced Thanos' hand, causing the Mad Titan to drop Cage.

"…And thinks he can kill me!"

Hawkeye walked out from the broken building he previously stood on, "Y'know, Thanos, it seems you can't die, right? But that doesn't mean you don't feel pain."

"What in the hell are you…AGGHH!" Thanos cried as an arrow cleaved right through his chest. Two more followed. The one in his right knee, another in his left ankle.

"Us 'pitiful humans' won't go down without a fight…" Hawkeye grinned as he fired arrow after arrow into the Mad Titan's body.

"You die now…"

"Ain't that right, Cap?"

Captain America fired six shots into Thanos' skull.

"Absolutely right, son," Cap agreed.

Black Panther hopped onto Thanos and impaled him with his claws, "This is for Wakanda!"

Scarlet Spider swung down from a building and kicked Thanos in the face, "And this is for making me cancel my manicure!"

The Mad Titan did not waver, however, "You all dare try to anger the mighty Thanos, Avatar of Death?"

"Whaddya think we've been doing this entire time?" Luke Cage grinned as he jumped seemingly out of nowhere and pummeled Thanos in the jaw, right as Mockingbird landed on the ground beside Hawkeye, blasting holes into Thanos chest.

"AARRGGHH! I was simply going to kill you, but now I will torture you, make you watch your world die!" Thanos raised two fists into the sky and energy flowed from his body, knocking everyone unconscious. Everyone except…

"You won't get away with this…" Cap fought against the darkness overcoming him.

"You are a tough one, human, I give you that. Your will is strong but that won't stop me…"

"Your world will burn."

Cap struggled to stand, collapsing a few times before making it to his feet, "And…if that's true…if we can't save the world…you can be damn-well sure we'll avenge it."

"You dare still stand against me?"

"Yeah, he dares," Thanos was blasted back by a burst of blue energy.

"The cavalry has arrived," Iron Man floated to the ground, followed by Thor, Wasp, Ant Man, Yellowjacket, the Scarlet Witch and a healed Human Torch. Hulk crashed onto the ground a second after, Wolverine and Quicksilver on his shoulders. Thing copied the Green Goliath. Beast simply landed on the ground with a silent plop as his parachute folded back into a backpack he wore.

"Interesting design…folding back into itself…" Beast quietly murmured.

Thanos stood up, maybe fifty yards away from the heroes, "You, like your allies, will have the pleasure of watching Earth burn."

"Whatever," Wasp sassily replied.

"So, Cap…" Iron Man began.

"Avengers…go!"

"Really? 'Avengers Go'? You really need to think up a better battle cry," Johnny Storm quipped as the assembled heroes flew into battle.

"This. Is. It. Enough!" Thanos cried, activating for the first time that day his Infinity Gauntlet. All the heroes froze in place.

"I planned to toy with you, to give you longer to live, to give you hope. But enough is enough. You have tested my wrath! We will battle no longer. You will live to see another day, heroes, but only so that you may watch as your world is destroyed," Thanos finished.

And, in a bright flash of purple light, Thanos was gone.

All the heroes unfroze but stopped what they were doing.

"What has happened? Where is giant?" Thor questioned.

"I don't know…" Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Hank McCoy replied in unison.

"Why'd he let us go?" The Thing asked no one in particular.

"…And where'll he appear next?" Ant Man, Scott Lang, finished.

" 'Can't smell 'im," Wolverine said, "He's really gone."

"Not fair! Hulk want to smash puny Space Man!"

The Triskelion, Some Time Later

"Damn it, Fury! You had your god damn agent say there would be no Hulk! But what's the first thing you do when I get on a Quinjet with you people? You make me go Hulk and drop me in the middle of a warzone!" Bruce Banner chewed out the head of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Banner, there was nothing else to do. The Hulk was needed. The Hulk is needed," Fury replied, completely calm.

"He's not a weapon! I'm not a weapon!" Banner shouted back.

"You're right. He's a hero. 'Hate to say it, and most people won't agree with me, but he's a hero. And the world needs all of its heroes to come together against this man, Thanos, someone much more than a common threat," Fury turned his back to Banner, "But it's still your choice. You can choose to sit still and watch as the world and everyone you love is destroyed or you can fight back…with the Hulk."

"I…" And Bruce Banner stood there, not knowing what to say as General Fury left the room.

XXXX

Not too far away from where Bruce Banner and Nick Fury were arguing was the hospital wing. And currently that hospital wing was filled to the brim.

There was the everyday injured S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel, and then there were the Avengers. Almost half the team was doped up on meds and asleep in a bed. A lone, green-skinned man, Drax, lay in one of those beds.

"How is he?" Scarlet Spider, already healed thanks to a healing factor, stood over the space man.

"Not good," Donald Blake, the mortal host of Thor, replied. He'd become Drax's personal doctor pretty much because Nick Fury said so. He was very good at his job and S.H.I.E.L.D. needed all the help they could get.

"He might live. He might not. I'm very unsure right now. Thankfully, his physiology is almost exactly like a human's. It's strange…but amazing!" Don exclaimed.

"Speaking of Strange, where is he? I called him and he said he'd come to help but he still isn't here," Tony Stark entered the room in surprisingly relaxed clothing: a T-Shirt and sweat pants.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

"What the hell?"

Dr. Strange floated in mid-air, legs criss-cross-apple-sauce and his hands in that weird position with his index finger, pinky finger and thumb all sticking out, while the rest of his fingers were tight against his hand, reminiscent of a 'Rock' hand sign.

The Sorcerer Supreme was dressed in slim blue robes, red markings encircling them.

"You called for me." Dr Stranger bluntly stated, "I assume this is about that Thanos fellow."

Tony nodded his head, as the other heroes watched on, "Yes, but more than that. I was wondering if you could use your—man I hate to say this—magic to heal this guy right here…we need him." Tony motioned to the unconscious Drax.

"I see…" The Sorcerer stood from his floating position and approached the Destroyer. He set his hand gently on Drax's forehead and it glowed a gentle crimson color. Suddenly, Strange jerked back.

"What? What is it?" Spider asked.

"This man…he is tainted. His soul is black and his body is immune to my magic. There is nothing I can do," Strange sadly replied.

"I…" Spider for once had nothing to say.

"All we can do is pray now," Strange said.

"You believe in God?" Tony looked incredulously at the Sorcerer Supreme.

"Is it so ridiculous that there is a higher being than ourselves after all we have seen these past few years?" Dr. Strange replied.

"You…" Stark looked at the ground, "Damn, that's a good argument."

"So, uh," Don started but was interrupted by the door bursting open.

Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm ran into the room, gasping for air.

"You guys have to see this," Johnny grabbed the hospital TV remote from the side of Drax's bed and turned the TV on. The very first thing on the screen was a new channel. Thanos was floating above a large island facility, every gem on the Infinity Gauntlet glowing intensely. The island was ravaged, broken into pieces. Tiny people could be seen fleeing from the seen. Some were flying…without any tech.

The title below the screen read, "URGENT NEWS: THANOS FREES NUMEROUS SUPERVILLAINS FROM THE RAFT."

"Holy shit," Tony muttered.

The screen switched back to a news anchor's face, "Breaking news. We'v just heard a report that not only the Raft, but every single supervillain prison in the world has seemingly fallen apart. The locks on every one of the criminal's cells were unlocked and now massive amounts of supervillains are fleeing throughout the world."

"Wait, isn't there a super-prison in the Triskelion?" Spider muttered.

"Yes, there is," Nick Fury strode into the room, "We're in deep shit. We have to evacuate the Triskelion."

"Dear God…What are we going to do? And what exactly is Thanos after?" Don asked.

"We have the answers your looking for."

All heads turned to where they heard a strange voice calling, right outside the window.

Outside, floating in mid-air was a…space ship!

The voice came from inside the ship, speaking through a speaker system.

"What in the…" Fury began but stopped as the ship's top opened up.

From inside the ship a team of odd individuals stood up. All of them wore matching red and blue uniforms. One looked like a living tree. Another, a short and stout raccoon. There was a bald woman on board, moon-shaped earrings pierced into her ears. Then there was a man with long red, white and blue hair. And lastly, someone who appeared to be a man, dressed from head to toe in the uniform, with an odd helmet that seemed to have a metal blue cap on the top with a golden star on the front.

"We are the Guardians of the Galaxy. And we know what Thanos is planning."

New York City, New York, 12:00-ish AM

Richard Rider's life changed in approximately sixty seconds.

If he'd just stood up from the bench he was sitting on in the middle of a park somewhere in New York City and gone home to his sweet, hard-working mom and cake he would still be a normal kid, with normal problems, and not stuck in the middle of an intergalactic conflict between the heroes of Earth and an immensely powerful cosmic being.

But Richard didn't go home. He sat there on that bench and moped. He moped until…he noticed that star he had been wishing on was heading right for him!

"What the hell?" Richard murmured, slightly mesmerized by the meteor. The weird part was…it didn't seem like a meteor. It seemed almost like a person.

About the time when that thought crossed his mind was when Richard realized he needed to run.

"Oh, shit! Shitshitshitshitshitshit!" Richard cursed as he ran farther and farther away.

BOOM!

The meteor crashed, and thankfully Richard was unscathed. The teen turned back to where he had been sitting previously. Where a park bench once was, now was a huge crater, a meteor—no, Rich was right—a person laying in the middle of it, bleeding profusely from wounds scattered over his armored blue and gold body. The armor seemed to almost glow.

Rich's Good Samaritan instincts kicked in and he ran over the injured alien. He kneeled beside it.

"Oh my God…I…Are you alright? No, that was a stupid question. Um…I…I'll go get help, an ambulance!" Rich started to stand up but the alien grabbed Rich's shoulder and pulled him back down, his grip surprisingly firm.

"No…stay! I do not have much *cough* time. Listen, Richard Rider, and listen well…" The alien said.

"You…you know my name?" Rich replied, confused.

"Yes…Just as I know you are a kind, strong-willed, brave boy…a perfect fit for the rank of Nova Prime…*cough*" The alien struggled to breathe.

"…What…what are you talking about?"

"…Just listen, Richard…The *cough* helmet will tell you all…You must trust it…but most of all...trust in yourselllfff…" And with that final word the alien died. The armor on his body glowed intensely for a second, before disappearing altogether. All that was left on the corpse was the golden helmet, a red star positioned on it.

"…He said the helmet would tell me all." Richard gently took the helmet off the alien's head, to expose a surprisingly human-like face. Richard held the helmet up and examined it.

"Whatever that means…I mean, it's not like helmet's can talk….AGGHH!!" Richard screamed as he put the helmet on his head. Thousands of images flooded his mind, and suddenly, as the alien, Richard now knew his name to be Rhomann Dey, said, the helmet told him all.

A peace-keeping force: the Nova Corps, fought for justice in the galaxy. The leader, the Nova Prime, Rhomann Dey, was a member of the Infinity Watch. One day, the Corps were destroyed by Thanos, a friend of the Nova Prime…the entire Xandar cluster destroyed…ravaged by the Mad Titan.

Eventually, the images stopped, and Richard looked at his world in a whole different light. Earth was just one small planet in trillions. But Earth…his Earth…was now in danger. And he was going to stop that danger, save the planet, as the Nova Prime. As Nova!

And then it hit Rich…he was a superhero…he was more than that, sure, a cosmic peace-keeper…but he was still a superhero.

"Yes!" Richard cried as he suddenly rocketed into the air, golden energy bursting from his legs.

"….Nnnnooooooo!!!!"

Note: I hope you enjoyed that chapter. I know it was just a lot of the Avengers getting their butts whooped but it was important. This chapter really showcased just how powerful Thanos is, even without using the Infinity Gauntlet. And I hope that makes a reveal at the end of this first arc even more terrifying for you guys!

Dr. Strange- Pretty much same-old, same-old. He wears his modern Earth-616 attire.

Luke Cage- A little different but still similar to the Luke Cage you guys know and love. Wears his usual 616 clothing.

Songbird- She, as is the rest of the Thunderbolts, pretty much the same. A little bit of a changed back up story but that's not important now. Wears 616 attire.

Mach V- Same as Songbird, 616 attire.

Atlas- Same as Songbird, 616 attire.

Next: The team learns Thanos' past and his true objective! The Avengers face off against a number of their most dangerous foes! And obviously there's some more assembling. And more Nova awesomeness!

Title: Day 4: On that day the Avengers were born

Tell me what you guys think! Also, there's some parts that are bolded and italicized that became undone when I posted it, so it'll obviously look better when I finally post this as a story. Um...yeah, that's it. Enjoy! Tell me what to fix!

8/9/2012 #15
InfiniteUniverse10

Someone please reply or I'm going to post it.

8/9/2012 #16
ReadingTrance

Sorry, don't really have time to read this right now.

8/9/2012 #17
InnovationIncarnate

Note: No, this is not the entire issue. I just wanted to get something out to show I'm still working on this. There is more coming soon. For now, this is more of a draft than a final product of the story, but I want your opinions on it before I decide on what I'm going to do. Any opinions, constructive criticism and thoughts are acceptable!

Infinite Hulk

Issue #1

Enter Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner was definitely not the most fortunate man in existence. Throughout his entire life, from infancy to adulthood, he has been belittled, mocked, abused and disrespected by almost every individual around him. It mainly began when his drunk of a father began abusing him. This left a psychological impact on poor Bruce's mind, leaving within him a deep, unrelenting hatred for and distrust of people.

"Damnit, why did God have to send me a spineless pussy like you for a son?!" Brian yelled as he stood over a toddler Bruce, his shadow looming over the boy like an eerie phantom.

As a child, Bruce didn't have nightmares of monsters, demons, shadows or anything else that boys and girls dreamed of in their sleep. Bruce had nightmares about his father, being viciously attacked and mocked by him - only to open his eyes and wake up to a punch in the face, as well as an insult to add to the flames.

"Leave him alone, Brian! For godsake, he's just a little boy!" Rebecca screamed at Brian in a futile attempt to save her little boy.

"Stay out of this, Rebecca. This is between me and the boy! I'm only trying to toughen him up some!" Brian shouted, defending his actions.

"And how exactly? By giving the boy a concussion?!"

"Mommy...Daddy...p-please-" Bruce muttered, trying to get them to cease their argument.

"And don't call me Daddy! It's Father to you, you little shithead! Father!" Brian roared at Bruce.

"Don't talk to him like that!"

"I told you to stay out of this, damnit!"

Brian punched Rebecca straight into the wall. Bruce could only stand there in his place, helpless against the unholy wrath of his father. Angered by her intrusion, Brian began senselessly beating his wife to a bloody pulp. Clenching his fists, Bruce finally mustered up the courage to dive forward.

"Leave Mommy alone!" Bruce cried at the top of his lungs, gallantly diving into the fray. At the moment, it was the only thing he could think to do. Of course, his pint-sized body stood absolutely no chance against his father, who turned his attention to Bruce in response to the boy's attack.

"Oh, so you think you can take me, huh?! Huh?!"

"Brian, stop!" Rebecca pleaded, watching the montrosity that was her husband beat young Bruce within an inch of his life.

"At least you're finally starting to grow some balls!" Brian screamed, delivering a savage succession of blows to Bruce's face. "Remember this, son! The world is cruel and life is unfair! Remember that!"

It was all young Bruce could do but try to withstand all of the devastating blows his father shamelessly inflicted on him; it was all he could ever do.

xxxxx

"We're moving out, son." Rebecca Banner said.

It had been a few days since that horrific incident with Bruce's drunk father, giving Rebecca a chance to consider her life more closely. She desperately wanted to ensure the safety and security of her only son. He was her most cherished possession in the entire world, and if anything were to ever happen to him, she wouldn't know what she'd do. Bruce's face contained a mixture of bewilderment, surprise and silent relief at this sudden revelation.

"But, Mom...what about Dad? What if he...I don't think he'd like that very much." Bruce said.

"Do you think I care? Brucey, you barely recovered from that beating he gave you a few days ago. As your mother, I can't bear to see your life placed in constant jeapordy because of him! We're moving out. Immediately. Your father's out drinking, so we have a chance to pick up our things and go. We'll stay with my mother for a while, until I can earn enough money to get ourselves a permanent home. I want you to get all of your things immediately. Understood?"

Young Bruce nodded as he prepared to retrieve all of his things, such as torn clothes, broken toys and other damaged items that his father had gotten a hold of. He could see the obvious fear in his mother's tranquil eyes, already discerning that she wanted to leave as soon as possible. If he suddenly walked in on them leaving, it wouldn't be good. As soon as they were able to gather all of their things, Bruce and Rebecca headed for the door. When they opened it, instant horror showed on their faces as they realized that Brian was at the door.

"What the hell is this - a vacation?!" Brian screamed.

"No, Brian. We're moving out." Rebecca stated boldly.

Bruce gulped, as he could see the vibrant rage blazing on Brian's tense face; he wasn't happy with her response.

"Bitch, you think you're just gonna up and go? No, no, no. Here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna put all that shit back where it belongs and then line up for your ass-whoopings."

"Shut up, Brian. I honestly can't believe I married a scumbag like you. Frankly, I deserve much better. And so does Bruce. Especially Bruce."

"I SAID PUT ALL THAT SHIT BACK WHERE IT BELONGS!"

"AND I SAID WE'RE LEAVING!"

Slap!

Bruce's eyes widened in horror as his father moved in for the kill, beating his mother senseless without signs of stop. Punch after punch after punch, he bombarded her with a seemingly endless amount of blows, as she cried for mercy. Then, finally, he stopped and stared into the face of his beloved wife. She was just there, lifeless on the floor. Dead. Young Bruce didn't know how exactly to react to the situation. He'd seen his father beat his mother practically a thousand times. But this time, this time, his father had actually killed her. Tears did not flow from the boy's face. He felt a sense of emptiness and uncertainty fall upon him.

And then, his father immediately turned to Bruce. "Y-You...you don't say a word about this. You hear me? You say anything about this little incident and I'll send you straight to Hell. Got it?"

Bruce hesitantly nodded.

8/9/2012 . Edited 8/9/2012 #18
InfiniteUniverse10

Good. Great, actually. My only issue is that you have Bruce as a toddler. He is much to intelligent when he speaks and such to be a toddler. Even when the toddler is Bruce Banner. Make him just a little older...maybe five or six.

8/10/2012 #19
InfiniteUniverse10

Thanks at least for replying. I think I'm just going to post it.

8/10/2012 #20
InnovationIncarnate

Sure thing, IU10. When I referred to Bruce as a toddler in the story, I just kinda thought of him as a four-year-old. But sure, I'll raise the age to five or six. Expect the rest of the draft to be up soon, possibly later on today. Also, I've added some character profiles for Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Hulk and She-Hulk to the Infinite Marvel Universe Wiki. I haven't added any information on them, but I'll get around to it soon. Most likely, I'll be updating Hulk's page, since he's the one I'm working on the most right now.

8/10/2012 . Edited 8/10/2012 #21
InfiniteUniverse10

K. Sounds good.

8/10/2012 #22
InnovationIncarnate

Infinite Hulk

xxxxx

Issue #1

Enter Bruce Banner

xxxxx

Bruce Banner definitely was not the most fortunate man in existence. From his early childhood to adult years, Bruce had been mocked, abused, belittled and insulted by nearly everyone around him; there were only a few exclusions, which were not many. It mainly began when his drunk of a father began viciously insulting and beating on him. The combined physical and mental abuse he suffered from his father caused Bruce to eventually develop a strong dislike, distrust and resentment of people.

"Damnit, why did God have to send me a spineless pussy like you for a son?!" Brian Banner screamed as he loomed over his six-year-old son. Young Bruce simply stood there in his place, forced to endure the savagery of his father's insults. As a young boy, Bruce didn't dream about monsters or the dark in his sleep; he had nightmares about his father, constantly being abused and humiliated by him - only to have to wake up to the real thing, a punch in the face and an insult to add to injury.

"Leave him alone, Brian! For godsake, he's just a little boy!" Rebecca cried in an attempt to defend Bruce.

"Stay out of this, Rebecca! This is between me and the boy! I'm only trying to toughen him up!"

"And how exactly? By giving the boy a concussion?!"

"Mommy...Daddy...p-please stop-" Bruce pleaded in a futile attempt to cease his parents' argument.

"And don't call me Daddy, you little shithead! It's Father to you! Father!" Brian howled.

"Don't talk to him like that!" Rebecca screamed.

"I told you to stay out of this!"

Brian sent his fist flying right for his wife's face, causing her to hit the wall. Bruce simply stood in his place, completely helpless against the unholy wrath of his father. Brian began savagely beating his wife, eventually prompting a response from Bruce. Finally mustering up the courage, Bruce dived forward to stop the carnage.

"Leave Mommy alone!" Bruce shouted, catapulting himself into the fray.

"Oh, so you think you can take me, huh?! Huh?!" Brian shouted back.

"Brian, stop!" Rebecca pleaded, watching her poor excuse for a husband beat her son within an inch of his life.

"Remember this, son! Life is cruel, and the world is unfair! Remember that!"

It was all Bruce could do but try to withstand the devastating onslaught of blows his father had inflicted on him; it was all he could ever do.

xxxxx

"We're moving out, son." Rebecca informed.

Bruce heard his mother's words perfectly - he just simply couldn't believe them. It had been a few days since the incident, allowing Rebecca some time to reflect on her life and whether she wanted to remain with someone like Brian. But mostly, her final decision was based on her intense love for Bruce. After all, he was her most prized possession in the world; if anything ever happened to him, she didn't know what she'd do.

Bruce's face contained a mixture of bewilderment, surprise and relief at the sudden revelation. "But, Mommy...what about Daddy? I don't think...I don't think he'd like that very much."

"Do you think I care? Brucey, I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you because of him. I just can't stand to think about it. So, no buts about it. We're leaving as soon as possible. Pack up your things. Your father's out drinking, so we have a chance to get our things and go. We'll stay with my mother for a while, until I can earn enough money to get ourselves a permanent place to live. Now, I want you to get all of your things. Understood?"

Young Bruce nodded and proceeded to retrieve all of his things, such as broken toys, torn clothes and other damaged items that his father had gotten a hold of. He could see the obvious fear coursing through his mother's deceptive, tranquil eyes. Bruce could tell she wanted to leave as soon as possible. If he walked in on them leaving, he wouldn't be pleased. As soon as they retrieved all of their things, Bruce and Rebecca headed for the door. When they opened it, instant horror appeared on their faces as they realized that Brian was at the door.

"What the hell is this? A vacation?" Brian inquired.

"No, Brian. We're leaving. For good." Rebecca stated, as bold and adamant as she could.

Bruce gulped at this gallant announcement; obviously, his father was not pleased in the least with her response.

"Bitch, you think you can just up and go? No, no, no. Here's what you're about to do. You're gonna put all that shit back where it belongs and then line up for your ass-whoopings."

"Brian, get out of my way. I'm not about to suffer any more from you. I've already been through too much to deal with this for the rest of my life. Frankly, I deserve much better. And so does Bruce. Especially Bruce."

"I SAID PUT ALL THAT SHIT BACK WHERE IT BELONGS!"

"AND I SAID WE'RE LEAVING!"

Slap!

Bruce's eyes widened in horror as his father moved in for the kill, beating his mother senseless without signs of stop. Punch after punch after punch, he bombarded her with a seemingly endless amount of blows; all the while, she desperately cried for mercy. Then, finally, he stopped and stared into the face of his beloved wife. She was just there, her entire body coated in a thick paint of blood and gore from the beating. Lifeless on the floor. Dead. Young Bruce didn't know how exactly to react to the situation. He'd seen his father beat his mother practically a thousand times. But this time, this time, his father had actually killed her. Tears did not flow from the boy's face. He felt a sense of emptiness and uncertainty fall upon him.

And then, his father immediately turned to Bruce. "Y-You...you don't say a word about this. You hear me? You say anything about this little incident and I'll send you straight to Hell. Got it?"

Bruce hesitantly nodded.

xxxxx

The courtroom was filled with people who had ties with Rebecca and the Banner family in the past. Loved ones, relatives, neighbors, associates and others were seated in their reserved section. The Judge was seated behind his own bench, while Brian was in the defendant's position. Young Bruce was seated in the witness position, having been the only one to have seen the carnage of Rebecca's murder. Besides his abusive father and the late Rebecca herself, of course.

The Judge turned to Bruce. "Alright, Bruce. I have to know. Has your father ever displayed any aggressive behavior towards you and your mother in the past? Remember, son. This entire trial all hinges on you. And if you're worried about your father...don't worry. He won't be able to hurt you. Not in here."

Bruce knew his father would not be willing to risk his chances of release by engaging him. But even so, the hesitation to out him as an abusive, pathetic scumbag was still there. If Bruce testified against his father, he'd eventually return and get him. He'd haunt him forever. Bruce had only one choice, and he was hesitant to follow through with it.

"Well?" The Judge asked.

Everyone in the courtroom stared at the young Bruce, eager to hear his testimony. Bruce was too afraid to sneak a quick look at his father, but he already knew his expression. Calm, but with a hint of rage. He could feel his father's terrifying gaze penetrating through him.

"My Daddy never messed with my Mommy and me. He was nice to us all the time, and there was no reason why he'd do anything bad to us. Mommy just went off for no reason, that's all." Bruce fibbed, cursing himself as he said those very words.

The people of the courtroom were generally shocked at this revelation, especially considering their assumptions and knowledge of Brian. Brian naturally smirked at his son's testimony and looked over to the Judge, triumphantly. The Judge looked at Bruce, confused and doubtful.

"Very well then. I've made my final decision. Due to the lack of evidence regarding Rebecca Banner's murder/disappearance, I hereby drop all charges laid against Brian Banner. You are free to go." The Judge informed.

"Thank you, your Honor. I'd just like to put this whole mess behind me. After all, my wife was just everything to me. I can't believe she'd just storm out on us like that. But at least I still have a son who loves me. That's all that matters here, right?" Brian lied, sounding incredibly convincing.

Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit! Bruce thought in his mind, cursing himself even more for defending his father. Now, he was just spitting out complete lies. It hurt Bruce inside to have to defend his father when he could have put him away instead.

xxxxx

Seven years had passed since Brian's release, making Bruce thirteen-years-old. He was in middle school, the top of his class. His father usually was not at home, either at work or drinking himself silly at a bar. This was why Bruce had practically been adopted by the Ross family. They watched over him while Brian was at work. Their daughter, Elizabeth "Betty" Ross, was one of the top students in their class as well, but her intellect was nothing compared to Bruce's.

"Bruce, you're like crazy-smart. It's scary how anyone can even be so smart." Betty said, as they did homework with each other at the kitchen table.

"Oh...right. Well, you know what they say. Study hard, and all." Bruce responded.

"No way, you're like a modern-day Albert Einstein. Y'know, if he was thirteen years old, and a complete geek."

"Hey, I resent that."

"Such as the desired result, smart boy. So, you got the answer for number #15?"

"The answer's 45."

"Right."

"So, uh, Betty. I've always wondered...your Dad works for the government, right?"

"Yeah, he usually comes and goes."

"Aren't you ever scared that he'll get hurt?"

"No, not really. My Dad's like super tough. Besides, it's not like he's out there on the front lines 24/7. Being a soldier doesn't always mean risking your life."

"Oh, sorry."

"So, I've been meaning to ask...how is your Dad like?"

Bruce suddenly became silent, as all of the memories he'd tried so hard to repress began swirling back into his mind at a breakneck speed. From the constant abuse to the eventual murder of his mother. Betty noticed his struggle to speak.

"My Dad...he isn't exactly my definition of a good man." Bruce finally answered after moments of reluctance.

"How so?"

"Well, I don't really like to talk about it. All you need to know is that...is that..."

Betty listened attentively to Bruce's words as he said them, leaning in closer.

"...my Dad killed my mother and I've been hiding it ever since!" Bruce blurted out, from panic.

"W-What?" Betty asked, frightened.

"Nothing, nothing! It was just a joke, is all."

"I heard about the trial from seven years ago. About your mother's disappearance," Betty revealed, "Still, I didn't expect you of all people to make such a cruel joke. That was a joke, right?"

"Yeah, it was just a joke." Bruce choked.

"Good...awkward. Let's move on, shall we?"

"Sure thing."

8/11/2012 . Edited 8/11/2012 #23
ReadingTrance

This chapter is about half finished. Any thoughts on it so far would be much appreciated.

Chapter 2: Whistle While You Work

July 19, 1982, Boston, Massachusetts

"Where is he?" Blade screamed at the female vampire he held in front of him.

Blade was holding the pale vampire's collar with one hand as he pushed her up against the wall. The scene was an empty nightclub, shortly after it had closed down. There were some ashes on the floor, indicating that Blade had already ashed several vampires.

Ashed was a term that Whistler and Blade had created some time ago for whenever they had exterminated a vampire.

"Where is Deacon Frost?" Blade continued his interrogation of the intimidated vampire, lightly pressing the tip of his silver sword against its throat.

The vampire stuttered in fear as her neck briefly sizzled from the silver. "I-I don't know."

Blade tightened his grip on the creature, flashing his fangs. "That is not the answer I'm looking for."

Whistler's voice sounded through an earpiece Blade was wearing. "Blade, you have three more incoming."

"Don't move." Blade smiled at his foe before tossing her to the ground.

As the front door to the nightclub opened, Blade removed a pistol from the holster on his leg. In walked three male vampires, as Whistler had previously informed Blade.

"Well, if it isn't the Daywalker. Welcome to Delirium again!" The lead vampire said with a grin, referring to the name of the nightclub.

The vampire community had long ago nicknamed Blade as the Daywalker, since he was a vampire with immunity to the sunlight.

Blade recognized this particular vampire. He was the owner of the nightclub, and Blade had visited Delirium before and had some previous encounters with him.

"Xarus." The Daywalker plainly responded, still pointing his pistol at the trio of undead.

"I would like to kindly ask you to leave my nightclub. You need to stop coming here, Blade. It's bad for business if my customers think the Daywalker is a regular customer."

Blade again flashed his fangs as he smirked. "If you tell me where Frost is, then I won't have to come here anymore."

"Frost? I haven't seen him in months. You're wasting your time here, Blade. Don't make me count to three."

Blade didn't move a muscle.

"Seriously? Fine, fine." Xarus complained. "We can do this the hard way." He took a breath. "One."

Blade kept his pistol pointed right at Xarus.

"Two."

The Daywalker began to pull back on the trigger.

"Three!" Xarus shouted as he sped off, appearing only as a blur.

Blade pulled the trigger, but Xarus had dodged the silver bullet.

The other two vampire goons charged at Blade. After holstering his pistol, he returned to wielding his sword. The two vampires attacked him, but Blade nimbly dodged their attempted strikes. After ducking under a vampire claw, he ashed the first vampire by sticking the sword through his chest.

As he did this, the second one struck Blade from behind. The Daywalker stumbled forward as he recovered, before spinning back around to face his foe.

"Surely the Daywalker can kill one measly vampire." Xarus teased from the sidelines.

Blade quickly drew his pistol and fired a shot in the direction of Xarus's voice. Unfortunately, the vampire was no longer there.

The vampire henchman then tried to attack Blade while he was distracted, but was quickly ashed by the Daywalker's sword.

"That leaves just us Xarus." Blade looked around, holding his sword in one hand and pistol in the other.

"Yes, it does. However, today is not the day for one of us to die. I have too many important meetings to attend. Perhaps we can have our little showdown another time. Until then, tread carefully Daywalker. You're upsetting the vampire community."

Blade looked around for the source of Xarus's voice, but couldn't find the nightclub owner. He cautiously lowered his weapons as he glanced back to where he left the female vampire he was interrogating. Not to his surprise, she had fled during the battle.

"Whistler." Blade spoke through his earpiece. "The woman is gone."

Whistler answered. "Come out to the van. I have a surprise for you."

Blade shook his head as he exited the nightclub. In front of the nightclub, the black van that Blade and Whistler used was parked. The side door on the van opened, revealing Whistler standing over a bonded vampire.

Whistler proudly smiled.

"Good work ,Whistler. I'm impressed." Blade said as he approached, staring at the woman.

"I thought you might be."

Blade looked up at him and smirked. "You could've always come in and given me a hand with Xarus, though."

"I was a bit preoccupied fixing your mistake." Whistler laughed.

"We don't need her anyways. She doesn't know anything about Frost." Blade climbed into the van.

"You should've said something sooner." Whistler said disappointedly.

Whistler grabbed his father's cane, which was leaned up against one of the walls, and mercilessly stuck it through the vampire, turning her to ash.

"You, my friend," Whistler looked down at the pile of ashes, "are in charge of cleaning that up."

"Why me? You ashed her."

"And you failed to mention she was useless. If you vacuum her up, I'll consider us even."

"Whatever. Let's just go home." Blade climbed into the passenger seat. "It's been a long day."

Whistler made his way into the driver's seat. "Isn't every day a long day?"

Blade didn't reply. They both knew the answer to that question.

8/22/2012 #24
InfiniteUniverse10

Good start so far. No complaints.

8/23/2012 #25
Kyon Yukki

Well, it's been a while since I updated the next chapter in my Infinite Origins: IronFist. This chapter will be one of the turning points in Daniel and Maximus's lived. Hopefully, after this chapter I'll start right away on the next one. So sit back relax and enjoy the read.

Infinite Origins: IronFist

Written by Kyon Yukkix

December/20/1994

Area: The Slums

Six hours after the Steel Serpents went after the mother and children, they were driven away by the old man.

In the slums of Kamagasaki, there was a well-known group known as the Steel Serpents. They were known to everyone. Some of Kamagasaki's finest police officers were afraid to go anywhere near their area; some would call them the kings of crime. People who dealt with them were never seen or heard from again people who even tried to play them wouldn't see the next day to say they would regret it.

" Aww damn the boss is gonna be pissed. " one the gang member's said " Shut up about it then, just stand there and zip it I'll explain it to him im one of his best any way's. "

As they approached an abandon looking building, they went up to a couple of men that stood outside of a door.

"Password only" one of the men at the door said he looked very im timidating to some of the gang members.

"The cobra kills in the night" the gang leader said, both men at the door nodded their heads in agreement and let the gang walk right in to confront their boss on everything. It felt like a dark presence was in the building as if you could feel death and sorrow everywhere; as they walked they found an old man sitting in a chair in the middle of an empty room.

"I hope you bring good news my time here is very short, and I hope you brought my new host un-harmed? " Said the old man in a raspy tone. "Uhh..Well you see boss we have some good news and some bad news…the bad news is we..don't have them.'' There was a silence in the room. "But the good news is we know where they are, and we can get them j-just give us a little more time." Everyone was silenced until "Come here" the old man said to the gang member that spoke. The gang member was actually very frightened as he walked closer to the old man. "Come closer I can barely stand." No one knew exactly who this old man was only that he was the very image of a monster, maybe he was death himself. As the gang member leaned in closer to the old man he started to left his head up. The old man's eyes started to glow "look into my eyes" the gang member was getting nervous but as a follower of the serpent he did as he was told. He looked into his eyes, and in that second death came for him. The old man opened his both to show what was fangs instead of teeth, then he lunged up at the gang member and bit into his neck injecting him with venom the gang member felt like screaming but he couldn't he was stricken in fear he tried to move be couldn't he could feel the blood inside him thicken, seconds later his heart started beating rapidly then it stopped. The other members saw as there master just killed one of their own, it was a punishment they had to happen if any of them where to fail him. The old man let go of the gang member and looked back at the others and said "You see this! This is what happens when you fail me a simple task. A simple task!" The old man shouted. "All you had to do with retrieve me a new body before this one's time is up! I am on my last nerve with all of you. If you say you know where the children are then fetch me one of them I don't care which one just bring me a new body!" The leader of the gang responded understood master we won't fail you this time you have my word." The old man walked to the dead gang member he bit seconds ago he grabbed him by the hair, and dragged him to a table. He layed him on top then grabbed a bowl that was lying around he went up to the dead gang member ripped the sleeve off his right arm and clawed it until blood pore from it. He let it drip into the bowl until it was half way fool. He picked it up and said "Drink this his blood is cursed with my venom it will give you the strength you need hopefully to complete this task." The gang members were very scared but as followers of the serpent they always did as they were told no matter how inhuman it was. They all took turns drinking the blood until the bowl was empty then they could feel something happening they felt themselves shake form started pouring out of their mouths and their skin felt like it was being ripped off. As they were suffering the old man stood there gazing upon them with a smirk "Soon my time will come..Soon the world will once again feel my power; soon everyone will know and fear the name of the Silver Serpent!" The old man then started bursting out in a terrifying laughter. The gang members suffering was over they were no longer human but more snake like. The leader stood up and said "My lord I promise we shall not fail you." and with that said they left.

I know there are some grammar errors in here but im trying so if some one can edit it for me that would be great.

9/1/2012 #26
ReadingTrance

Hey, guys. Sorry it has been so long since I've updated. I've been extremely busy with work and other stories. Hopefully I get back into this one a bit and can get it rolling again. I do enjoy writing this story a lot and hope you enjoy reading it just as much. Please feel free to comment on it. In fact, please do. It's always appreciated.

Cover: Blade in his bedroom with his hands on Rachel's arms, holding her close as he kisses her.

Chapter 2: Whistle While You Work

July 19, 1982, Boston, Massachusetts

"Where is he?" Blade screamed at the female vampire he held in front of him.

Blade was holding the pale vampire's collar with one hand as he pushed her up against the wall. The scene was an empty nightclub, shortly after it had closed down. There were some ashes on the floor, indicating that Blade had already ashed several vampires.

Ashing was a term that Whistler and Blade had created some time ago for whenever they had exterminated a vampire.

"Where is Deacon Frost?" Blade continued his interrogation of the intimidated vampire, lightly pressing the tip of his silver sword against its throat.

The vampire stuttered in fear as her neck briefly sizzled from the silver. "I-I don't know."

Blade tightened his grip on the creature, flashing his fangs. "That is not the answer I'm looking for."

The Daywalker's improved hearing alerted him to several pairs of footsteps headed in his direction.

"Don't move." Blade grinned at his foe before tossing her to the ground.

As the front door to the nightclub opened, Blade removed a pistol from the holster on his leg. In walked three male vampires, as Whistler had previously informed Blade.

"Well, if it isn't the Daywalker. Welcome to Delirium again!" The lead vampire said with a grin, referring to the name of the nightclub.

The vampire community had long ago nicknamed Blade as the Daywalker, since he was the only known vampire with immunity to the sunlight.

Blade recognized this particular vampire. He was the owner of the nightclub, and Blade had previously visited Delirium and had some encounters with him.

"Xarus." The Daywalker plainly responded, still pointing his pistol at the trio of undead.

"I would like to kindly ask you to leave my nightclub. You need to stop coming here, Blade. It's bad for business if my customers think the Daywalker is a regular customer."

Blade again flashed his fangs as he smirked. "If you tell me where Frost is, then I won't have to come here anymore."

"Frost? I haven't seen him in months. You're wasting your time here, Blade. Don't make me count to three."

Blade didn't move a muscle.

"Seriously? Fine, fine." Xarus complained. "We can do this the hard way." He took a breath. "One."

Blade kept his pistol pointed right at Xarus.

"Two."

The Daywalker began to pull back on the trigger.

"Three!" Xarus shouted as he sped off, appearing only as a blur.

Blade pulled the trigger, but Xarus had dodged the silver bullet.

The other two vampire goons charged at Blade. After swiftly holstering his pistol, he returned to wielding his sword. The two vampires attacked him, but Blade nimbly dodged their attempted strikes. After ducking under a vampire claw, he ashed the first vampire by sticking the sword through his chest.

As he did this, the second one struck Blade from behind. The Daywalker stumbled forward as he recovered, before spinning back around to face his foe.

"Surely the Daywalker can kill one measly vampire." Xarus teased from the sidelines.

Blade quickly drew his pistol and fired a shot in the direction of Xarus's voice. Unfortunately, the vampire was no longer there.

The vampire henchman then tried to attack Blade while he was distracted, but was quickly ashed by the Daywalker's sword.

"That leaves just us, Xarus." Blade looked around, holding his sword in one hand and pistol in the other.

"Yes, it does. However, today is not the day for one of us to die. I have too many important meetings to attend. Perhaps we can have our little showdown another time. Until then, tread carefully Daywalker. You're upsetting the vampire community."

Blade looked around for the source of Xarus's voice, but couldn't find the nightclub owner. He cautiously lowered his weapons as he glanced back to where he left the female vampire he was interrogating. Not to his surprise, she had fled during the battle.

With nothing left for him, Blade exited the nightclub. In front of the nightclub, the black van that Blade and Whistler used was parked. The side door on the van opened, revealing Whistler standing over a bonded vampire.

Whistler proudly smiled.

"Good work, Whistler. I'm impressed." Blade said as he approached, staring at the woman.

"I thought you might be. I saw several vampires enter the nightclub. How'd that go?"

Blade looked up at him and smirked. "It was simple enough. You could've always come in and given me a hand with Xarus, though."

"I'm sorry, but I was a bit preoccupied fixing your mistake." Whistler jokingly argued.

"We don't need her anyways. She doesn't know anything about Frost." Blade climbed into the van.

"You should've said something sooner." Whistler said disappointedly.

Whistler grabbed his father's cane, which was leaned up against one of the walls, and mercilessly stuck it through the vampire, turning her to ash.

"You, my friend," Whistler looked down at the pile of ashes, "are in charge of cleaning that up."

"Why me? You ashed her."

"And you failed to mention she was useless. If you vacuum her up, I'll consider us even."

"Whatever. Let's just go home." Blade climbed into the passenger seat. "It's been a long day."

Whistler made his way into the driver's seat. "Isn't every day a long day?"

Blade didn't reply. They both knew the answer to that question.

December 12, 1983, New York, New York

Blade sat in a chair, staring outside the window as snow slowly glided to the ground. He had one of the injections created by Whistler's father in his hand. The Daywalker slowly lifted it up and injected in through his neck. Then, he tossed the syringe into the nearby garbage bin.

"How's the search going?" A woman asked Blade.

Blade, Whistler and the woman were all sitting in their new base of operations. It was a one-story house that belonged to the woman.

Blade shook his head in pain, reacting to the injection. "It's going."

He had no recent luck finding Deacon Frost. He had been travelling all over the northeast in search of his target, but no vampire held the answers he was looking for.

"Rachael, did you have any luck with you mission?" Whistler asked.

"In fact, I did. I'm headed back to Romania in about a week. I've heard Dracula is in Transylvania."

The Daywalker looked over at her. "You are?"

"Yes, I am. This is very important to me, you know that. I hope you find Frost, but I have my own goals that I need to accomplish."

Rachel Van Helsing. A woman Blade had developed feelings for. Well, as close as Blade could come to actually feeling.

"Blade, can I talk to you for a second?" Whistler asked as he stood up.

The Daywalker quietly groaned as he nodded.

Both of them walked into the next room.

"Blade," Whistler began, "Let's go with her. Let's fight the big fight."

"No. We need to find Frost." Blade plainly responded.

"Do you not remember what Madame Vanity said to you? We can't spend our lives searching for Frost. We need to fight all vampires. Dracula is a pretty important target if you ask me."

Blade's voice rose. "Do you think I don't know that?!" He slammed his fist on a table, breaking it in half.

Whistler stared at him, waiting for him to calm down.

"I need to find Frost." Blade looked back up at his friend. "Every day he is out there, it eats away at me. Rachel can handle herself, Whistler. At least she knows where her target is." The Daywalker finished his sentence as he walked away.

Blade returned to his bedroom. Rachel, who had heard the table snap in half, followed behind him.

"Blade, what's wrong?" She asked as she entered the room.

He didn't reply as he removed his coat, hanging it on the coat rack.

"Is it because I'm leaving?"

Blade remained silent as he removed his gun, sliding it underneath his pillow.

"Hey, talk to me, Blade." She put her hands on his shoulders.

He took his sunglasses off and threw them on the desk and then removed his sword and holster, leaning them against the wall by his bed.

"Blade..." She said quietly.

The Daywalker removed his cross and put it down next to his sunglasses. He then turned around and looked at her.

"Will you please talk to me?"

He gently put one of his hands on each of her arms, leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. Blade then nodded towards the door, suggesting she leave as he climbed into bed. Rachel watched him, sadness crossing over her face.

She slowly began to walk away and then turned around. "Goodnight."

Rachel closed the door behind her, leaving Blade in the darkness.

On the other side of the door, she muttered to herself as a tear rolled down her face. "And goodbye."

November 27, 1984, Boston, Massachusetts

Blade and Whistler returned to Massachusetts midway through 1984. A recent tip suggested that Frost had returned to the state. Unfortunately, Blade had left a bad impression on the vampire community and his return was less than favorable.

"Blade, you are hereby banished from the Massachusetts vampire community."

A tall man in a suit stood and black suit, looking like a classic mobster, stood in front of Blade on the other side of a desk. Blade was seated, surrounded by a mob of vampires in the dimly lit room.

Blade stared at his prosecutor. "I was never a part of it anyways."

The man nodded. "We know you never wanted to be. We were hoping that you would eventually realize where you belong, but we've grown to believe that will never happen. From now on, if you are seen in this community, you will be considered a threat."

The Daywalker stood up, his trench coat reaching the floor. He picked up his sunglasses from the table and flipped them open, sliding them onto his face.

Blade stared at the man through his shades. "Michael, this decision is going to hurt you more than it hurts me."

The man rolled his eyes. "What do you want me to do, Blade? We can't let you going around, killing every vampire you feel like. You've done enough damage. Leave. Don't come back. Find another community to torture."

"Deacon Frost is here. I will find him. He can only hide for so long."

"Go. Now. Before I change my mind about letting you live."

Blade smirked. With his answer, Michael confirmed that Deacon Frost was still there. The Daywalker slowly turned around and exited the room. He was getting closer to finding Frost.

The scene was a giant warehouse that was housing a hoard of vampires. The sun was beginning to rise, so the vampire community was beginning to flee indoors. As Blade walked outside, several vampires scurried past him into the warehouse.

"Better hurry. You wouldn't want to implode." Blade angrily shouted at them as they ran past him.

He had a long way to walk back to his base. The vampires had jumped and kidnapped him a couple hours earlier. He was weaponless and had no mode of transportation. So, he indeed made the long walk all the way back to his base where Whistler was waiting for him.

Blade's comrade was sitting at his desk putting together more injections for the Daywalker, whistling as he worked.

"Have a long night?" Whistler asked.

"No longer than usual."

"Want to fill me in?"

The Daywalker gave a simple response. "Vampires want me dead and I need new weapons."

His ally laughed. "Nothing new, I suppose."

Blade glanced over Whistler's shoulder, watching him work.

"Rachel wrote another letter." Whistler stopped his work and turned around to look at his friend.

"Write back." Blade replied, quickly walking away.

"Blade, this is important. You should read it. You can't just ignore her every time she writes. She's writing for you, not me."

"I have every right to ignore her."

"No. You don't. You're a stubborn son of a bitch that doesn't easily lend forgiveness. This is one of those situations where you should. Friends like Rachel don't come along often. And I know you two have feelings for each other."

"I don't feel for anyone."

Whistler stood up. "Not even me, Blade? You don't care about me?"

The Daywalker turned and looked at him with a blank facial expression.

"I know you have feelings somewhere, deep down inside of you."

"Write back to her if you want." Blade walked away.

This was nothing new for Whistler to put up with. He knew who Blade was and who he was dealing with. The trust was there, but communication wasn't always their strong suit.

Whistler turned around and sat back at his chair. He opened the desk drawer and removed the letter, flipping it open in front of him.

Blade,

I'm sorry for leaving that night. I would do absolutely anything to go back and change it. Unfortunately, I cannot. I wish we spent more time discussing our feelings. Discussing us.

I found Dracula and had a recent encounter with him. It didn't go in my favor. Let's just say that this may be the last time I'm writing to you. I've been bitten, Blade. I don't want you to worry about me, though. You need to focus on your task. We can't have you launching a suicide mission here. I hope you have found or will soon find Deacon Frost.

If you need help, seek out my brother Abraham Van Helsing. Just mention my name and he will help you with whatever you need. He is currently staying in London.

Whistler, please take care of Blade. Please make sure he doesn't chase after me. I'm going to become a different person once I turn.

I love you, Blade.

Take care,

Rachel

Whistler held back tears as he folded the bloody letter back into place, sticking it back into the drawer. He couldn't handle telling Blade. He wasn't sure Blade would've been able to handle it either. Maybe this was for the best.

12/2/2012 #27
InfiniteUniverse10

It's good. I've got no issues with it. If that's the end of the chapter, feel free to email it to me. Thanks for responding so quickly and thanks for writing this so quickly! I look forward to more!

Thanks,

IU10

12/2/2012 #28
AJRedRobin

Infinite Universe: Tigra

Tigra By The Tail

By

AJ

Part 1

Kraven the Hunter left prison behind, serving only part of his sentence.He figured out long ago that if he bide his time, played nice, he could easily come out on top, the way he wanted.And it didn't hurt that a few bribes helped to turn a few heads away from watchful eyes.He checked his special vest only to find that the knockout gas spray that he used had been removed.It would not take long to secure more.He knew of a supplier that no one else knew about, despite the fact that most of his contacts had been arrested.The special electronic mental scrambler collars that he used to secure his feline prey would once again have to be modified.For Kraven the Hunter, once again set his eyes on the one female who eluded him twice, Tigra.

/

Tigra stretched and yawned.It had been a long night of hunting, hunting for whoever tried to kill one of her students at the Academy. Not every student at the Avengers Academy had enemies.Some were there by loving parents wating to see their children learn to use their talents wisely.One student, however, came to them mysteriously.He didn't have any parents, no family what so ever.And yet within the first week of his arrival, someone tried to kill him.

"Did you recognize the killer?"Tigra asked.

"No, I've never seen him before."

"Don't worry, we'll get him.It's just going to take a little time to figure out why."

"I thought everyone wanted to kill us because we're mutants."

"Not everyone," Tigra answered."And I'm not a mutant."

"I thought you were . . . "

"Born this way?No." Tigra confessed."I was human, once, a long time ago.I was changed into . . . " She didn't really want to reveal the existence of the Cat people.Many of them were good people, but there were those that weren't and she wanted to keep it that way."Let's just day I was changed to save my life and I made a promise."

"Why are you doing this?" her student asked.

"Because I know what it's like to be hunted, and I am here to teach you how to handle that kind of situation.There are ways to turn things around, where the hunter becomes the hunted.Now all we have to do is figure out just who that person is."

'I'm not much of a fighter," her student said.

"Learning how to fight isn't that hard.It's learning when not to fight that's the hardest.What are your abilities?And do you have a name?"

"That's just it.I don't know who I am."

"Where were you born?"Tigra asked.She looked over at the student.She didn't know why she had taken him under her wing.It just felt right.Some of the teachers were drawn to certain students, and then there were the larger more general classes.Tigra taught how to use stealth as an advantage.Sometimes it was best not to use a frontal assault and other times, stealth allowed a person to get close to assess a situation.

"I'm not sure.The social services people said I was found near Gage and Dozier streets.That's what's on my file, at least that's what they called me, Gage Dozier."

"You were abandoned," Tigra said gently.

"I don't know why . . ."

"No one understands when it happens.At least you were taken in by social services"

"But no one wanted to adopt me, and then when I started . . . " Gage didn't say anything more.

Many of the students in the Avengers Academy were teens and pre-teens, their powers just emerging.Those who witnessed the emerging of a mutant's powers did not understand and feared what was happening.Some of the parents were that way. They feared what their own child was capable of doing.Gage on the other hand was different.He had no one.When his powers started to emerge, Gage had been thrown out of the orphanage to fend for himself.Even being a healer, and a powerful one at that, could be feared.When Gage arrived the first day, one of the other students had injured an ankle.Gage immediately moved in and healed the girl's ankle.The injury appeared on Gage's ankle then healed itself.Gage was a true empath and healer.And yet, someone wanted to kill him.Why?That was a question that was on everyone's mind.

"I haven't found any trace," Tigra said coming back to the present."It's as if he's covered his tracks and his scent.I probably wouldn't recognize it even if I did, since we don't know who it is that's trying to kill you."

An idea occurred to Gage that he had not thought of before."Maybe this goes back to when I was born."

"Do you have anything that would have identified you back then?"

Gage pulled out a medallion from around his neck."I only have this, and I don't recognize the symbol on it."

"We'll check it with the computer," Tigra replied."Maybe someone else might recognize it.Right now, it's best that you get to bed and rest.You have class soon.It's almost dawn."

/

Kraven the Hunter rechecked his sources."Are you certain she's in California?"

"She's helping some scientist by the name of Hank Pym run some kind of school."

"Tigra, a school marm?" Kraven sneered."I liked her better when she became my pet and we went after Spiderman.I know how to handle her.And I will do so again.Where in California is this school?"

"Palos Verdes."

"Charter me a flight."

"It will be difficult.The school is the former West Coast Avengers Headquarters."

"That does not matter to me.I am the greatest hunter that ever lived.And I intend to catch my prey.And no one will stop me."

Continues with Part 2

12/8/2012 #29
InfiniteUniverse10

First of all, you have some grammatical errors. After every sentence you need to put a space. There are also a couple misspellings--accidental, at that--that occurred sometime around the middle of the story.

Second, you do realize this takes place in an alternate Universe, right? Not trying to sound rude or aggressive, sorry, but this story feels like it came right out of the 616 Universe. I wish you would have told me what you were doing with Kraven because my idea for him--as the Spider-man writer--is pretty different than the usual 616 interpretation. Also on this subject, which emergence of mutants? Is this a post-AvX thing? That's what it sounds like because for my idea of mutants' origin and all that, well, it sounds awkward. I realize I ok'd your story and everything, but could you please make some changes to the plot. Using Kraven is still fine, but I'll have to pm you my idea for him to be accurate. And the Academy is just...not there. My plans for the Avengers and young heroes don't go anywhere near the Marvel U's plans.

But, if you don't want to change the plot, please label it "Infinite Multiverse: Tigra" because as it is written now, this story can't take place in the Infinite Marvel Universe.

I'm really sorry if I sound stern or angry. I'm not. Because of what you turned in today you definitely can stay on Tigra if you want. I trust you. I'd just like it if you could make some changes to the plot, and fix as many of the grammatical errors as possible. Or, as I said, rename it.

Thanks,

IU10

12/9/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: InfiniteUniverse10
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member