Let's Talk about Zorro
Edited 9/13 - I made this forum to trade ideas and chat with other Zorro authors and readers, other fans of the show. It never caught on, but now I have a group called New World Zorro Fanfiction on Facebook and we have a lot of fun. Feel free to post here, but I'd love it if you come join us on Facebook!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic

I've got a story started where I need science for the story. It can be something Zorro or Diego did, or something you think appropriate for the time that I can make them do. I vaguely remember specific scenes, but I can't seem to find them in the episodes right now. So if you know a specific episode and something scientific someone does, let me know!

8/7/2012 #1

here is a list of studies Diego did (not complete):

making things disappear from paper

time delayed bombs

something with purple powder

Diego makes analysis of water, ores and other stuff frequently. He could be searching for a new chemical element (Look at the table of chemical elements which ones were discovered at that time)

8/9/2012 . Edited 8/9/2012 #2

While Diego made use of his knowledge in many episodes, the one that always sticks out for me is from the first season with the magician, Foucard. Diego uses chemistry to discover the secret to his magic trick and the mysterious fire ball on the road. Diego uses qualitive analysis in other episodes, too.

8/9/2012 #3

oooo i forgot about the fireball. Thanks for the list. I did watch the disappearing ink episode, but it doesn't say how he did it. good ideas though :)

8/9/2012 #4

I wonder if we could use this thread to ask questions about other things we'd like to know from the series or time period as well. For instance, I'd love to know what all ten of the Potions of Dr. Henry Wayne were. Five were mentioned in the episode "Love Potion Number 9": Love, Passion, Strength, Courage, and Fear. Of the five left, one is clearly labeled "jealousy" and I think one might possibly be "spite" and another I think ends in "-rgy." I'd also like to know what the name of the other horse (the one that's not Esperanza) that Diego rides regularly is.

8/14/2012 #5

I tried to decipher them, but I was unable to decipher the labels. I guess one of them would be Energy. What other nouns are there ending with -rgy? I think I read that ending 2x.

8/14/2012 #6

Possibly Lethargy? There seems to be an odd kind of pairing between some of the potions or perhaps they're half positive and half negative. I'm not really sure; it's kind of annoying to not know for certain.

8/14/2012 #7

Diego was also an early adopter of forensic science. The finger printing from "White Sheep of the Family," and he definitely was not a fan of system (I'm completely blanking on the name) of identifying criminal types by physical features, like low foreheads and such (his contempt for de Soto's article in "The Man Who Cried Wolf").

8/14/2012 #8

Does anyone know what the silver things on Zorro's hat are called? I think there's about 8 of them placed evenly around the hat. I'm sure that there's a name for them but I can't think of it - studs? badges?

8/17/2012 #9

they are called conchos. I used a reference to them in one of my stories too.

8/17/2012 #10

Thanks Katie,

I knew I had read it somewhere but I couldn't remember where or who had written about it.

8/17/2012 #11

In a story I will need to describe some fencing, but I'm not a fencer. Does anyone know ff or other stories where there are some descriptions of fencing scenes? I need to get familiar with the wording and expressions.

8/17/2012 #12

There is another fanfic written by a fencer, Ruth, and she uses fencing terms all the time. Her page is

8/18/2012 #13
Forum Moderators: emmarae3579
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member