The Anti-Plagiarism Investigation Reports
The Anti-Plagiarism Investigation Reports (TAPIR), formerly known as 'The Plagiarism Report'. This is a forum to report, investigate and document cases of plagiarism on Fanfiction Dot Net (FFN). Your story got stolen and need help? See a stolen story posted and want to report it? This is the place. Please read the 'How To' thread before posting your case in the Tip Thread. Starting 2014, TAPIR will only accept plagiarism cases. Cases of copyright infringement should go to our CIR subforum.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
HorusTheAvenger

Received complaints about a user who is trying to report MA stories on FFN but for some bizarre reason, thinks copying MA rated and above stories from offsite and reposting them on their FFN account with a 'K' rating is 'proving a point'.

They will tell you the reason they are flooding my PM with hate mail is because I posted a story that was not mine, but it was to make a point and they know it.

There may be more to this case than meets the eye, be cautious when investigating.

Regardless of their intentions, plagiarism is plagiarism. If anyone wants to make a difference, this is not the way to do it. Two wrongs do not make a right. -H.A.

Suspect:

www.fanfiction.net/u/7306876/NO-MA-ALLOWED

Story #1 of 2, posted on 01-Dec-2015: MA is a NO-NO - [Mobile Link: MA is a NO-NO]

Original Source: skinfriction. tumblr. com (NSFW, will post full links later)

Original Author:

Story #2 of 2, posted on 01-Dec-2015: NO MORE SVMTB SMUT - [Mobile Link: NO MORE SVMTB SMUT]

Original Source: skinfriction. tumblr. com (NSFW, will post full links later)

Original Author:

12/2/2015 . Edited by Jeremy Hillary Boob, 12/12/2015 #1
RedJane12

This complaint is correct. This user has been posting fragments plagiarised from 5 fanfic writers (I kept copies of all, as well as her initial profile when she felt entitled to mock other users' profiles and even post extremely cruel comment about a writer who passed away last year) and can supply if necessary) and now copying from that adult tumblr site. I and other readers have been leaving comments asking this user to stop but the user persists and is using even more adult content each time. I have reported this three times as abuse to FF but it has not yet been resolved.

Thank you for your help in this

RedJane12

12/3/2015 #2
Jeremy Hillary Boob

They took down the plagiarised smut and substituted it for A/Ns saying he took it down voluntarily. No plagiarism as of now, will tag it as resolved.

I agree with the troll tag. Only way to explain their behaviour.

You know, this case reminded me of the girl who posed as a transcriptionist to convince her fans that what the other girl was doing was wrong.

12/3/2015 #3
O Long Johnson

It also seems that she has become a bit of a hypocrite in her cause. She states MA stories are agains the rules, yet so is submitting stories that are not your own. Now it's submitting non-stories as a story.

12/3/2015 #4
RedJane12

Exactly violating rules and guidelines (and earlier on plagiarising which is not just again guidelines but illegal) all in the name of... upholding guidelines? Textbook case of hypocrisy... And while being extremely discourteous and plain mean. It beggars belief someone like that is not banned as a user for creating such a hostile environment on FF.

Thank you guys at any rate for following this up and yep, the label troll seems fitting.

12/3/2015 #5
HorusTheAvenger

That was fast, we didn't even have time to full document the NSFW plagiarism link. Will be keeping an eye on the account.

RedJane12, you are most welcome. The people who contacted us about this, too.

Personally believe that those who seek to uphold the rules must also abide by them. It is not the first time someone tried to prove a point and plagiarized to do it, but honestly, what this person is doing is just ineffective vigilantism.

12/3/2015 #6
Jeremy Hillary Boob

And on "No more SVMTB Smut" he posted this A/N:

As you large boned women know, my name is Eric (Mach The Cynic) Northman.

So he's moved to ID theft now. Great. Just great. Just digging themselves a deeper grave, aren't they?

12/12/2015 . Edited 12/12/2015 #7
Mach the Slewfoot

I should have kept my mouth shut. My apologies for any further trouble I caused. I'll send in a report.

12/12/2015 #8
Jeremy Hillary Boob

I wouldn't say you caused any trouble. You couldn't know he would try to impersonate you (though I doubt there's anybody who could believe that. Maybe it looks more like a mocking imitation?).

Will report him too. They might have had a noble intention in the very beginning, but it quickly devolved into a great mess. Hope admins put a swift end to this grotesque show.

12/12/2015 #9
O Long Johnson
I should have kept my mouth shut. My apologies for any

You hardly caused any trouble to us Mach. This is an infringement against you. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself; this is identity theft/ trolling. This account certainly has enough going for it to get banned. So don't worry about reporting it in the new year as a troll (submitting non-story content) who targets users and incorporates them in stories without their consent.

12/12/2015 . Edited 12/12/2015 #10
HorusTheAvenger

Indeed. Don't apologize, Mach.

People like these aren't looking to 'better' a situation, whatever they claim. They just like power over other people and will scramble for any pretext they can find to justify it. In the process, become worse monsters than what they claim to fight.

12/13/2015 #11
Forum Moderators: HorusTheAvenger Mkis, A Wild Tapir, LadyRainFeather, Jeremy Hillary Boob, RogueMudblood, O Long Johnson
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member