Gargoyles Dark Ages roleplay
For people who like Gargoyles and the early medieval times.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
waffleirony

You can play as many characters as you want, but don't mix them up

1) If you claim a character from the show and/or the comics, post their name(s). Some characters have identification "names", but no real names. Post the identification name then, but don't use it in the rp.

2) If you want to play an original character, give a short description with the help of these points. If you claim a character that is canon (or canon-in-training) but undeveloped, you may use this too, but don't get preposterous then.

- Race

- Gender (and maybe orientation)

- Name (if any)

- History and heritage

- Abilities (no sueish stuff, please)

- Weaknesses

- Appearance

3) You can claim love interests for your character, if you do so, post them here too.

2/19/2013 #1
waffleirony

My claims:

"Brooksbro" (canon character)

- Race: Gargoyle

- Gender/orientation: male, gay

- Name: none, sometimes called "Swift One" which isn't an actual name but refers to his reflexes.

- History and heritage: hatched in the Wyvern Clan 938. Brooklyn's biological older brother.

- Abilities: good reflexes, witty and musical. Fights without any weapons.

- Weaknesses: red wine, superstitious, extremely scared of any supernatural stuff, naive.

- Appearance: ochre skin and blonde hair and a goatee, beak, wings like that of Goliath (but with some additional outgrowths in the membrane), horns are splitted in the middle which looks almost like short roe deer antlers. Wears a dark blue somewhat tattered tunic with a single shoulder strap.

- Love interest: not yet met. Not interested in anyone from Wyvern.

"Second" (canon character)

- Gender/orientation: male, straight

- Name: none

- History and heritage: hatched in the Wyvern Clan 918

- Abilities: physically strong, Storyteller, very bold. Fights without any weapons.

- Weaknesses: very bullheaded, easily annoyed.

- Appearance: almost as big and strong as Goliath, wings like these of Brooklyn but with only one claw, humanoid face, hairless, dust-colored skin, large separated horns on the back of his head. Wears a metal breastplate and gauntlets on his forearms in addition to his loincloth.

- Love interest: his mate, "Sacrifice".

-- may add more over time --

2/19/2013 . Edited 2/19/2013 #2
DeadlyWriter

Race- Gargoyle

Gender- Female

Name-Humans call her Midnight, for her wings blend into the night sky perfectly

Heritage- Hatched a few years before the Trio.

Abilities- Able to glide, gargoyle strength, Able to use a whip.

Weakness- Stone during the day,

Appearance- She is a few inches shorter the Demona, with gray colored skin, the out side of her wings are black while the inside are midnight blue. She has Pointed ears, each have three small earrings in them, a slightly rigged brow, and small beak like mouth. Her hair was sort of like Demona's but a midnight blue with 1 inch white tips that reached her mid back, and not as puffy with a face frame. Her eyes where a black color.

She wears a white top that went just past her rib cage, the small straps hanging off her shoulders. A light gray skirt went from her hips to the middle of her thigh before it slanted left, ending just below her knee. The skirt being held by a gold rope tied around her waist, and A black whip strapped to her waist as well.

Like any gargoyle, she stood on her toes, had four fingers, a tail, and very fit.

(No Love Interest yet)

2/19/2013 #3
waffleirony

Thanks for adding such a nice character! Hatched a few years before the Trio would mean she hatched 938 since this is the next available hatching year before them..... that also means she'd be a rookery sister of Brooksbro.

2/19/2013 #4
DeadlyWriter

Race- Gargoyle

Gender- Female

Name-None But Humans call her Midnight, for her wings blend into the night sky perfectly

Heritage- Goliath's little sister, Demona's closest comrade

Abilities- Able to glide, gargoyle strength, Able to use a whip.

Weakness- Self-conscious about her fighting, temperamental

Appearance- Is a few inches shorter the Demona, with gray colored skin, the out side of her wings are black while the inside are midnight blue. She has Pointed ears, each have three small earrings in them, a slightly rigged brow, and small beak like mouth. Her hair was sort of like Demona's but a midnight blue with 1 inch white tips that reached her mid back, and not as puffy with a face frame. Her eyes where a black color.

She wears a white top that went just past her rib cage, the small straps hanging off her shoulders. A light gray skirt went from her hips to the middle of her thigh before it slanted left, ending just below her knee. The skirt being held by a gold rope tied around her waist, and A black whip strapped to her waist as well.

Love Interest- None, yet

2/19/2013 #5
DeadlyWriter

yeep

2/19/2013 #6
waffleirony

Is that final now?

Goliath's little sister means she hatched 958. Gargs always hatch every 20 years with a 8: 898, 918, 938, 958 (Trio), 978 (Bronx)...

2/19/2013 #7
DeadlyWriter

yes it is final sorry about that

2/19/2013 #8
waffleirony

it's okay, she's an interesting character.

2/19/2013 #9
darkangel8950

Revis

Race- Gargoyle

Gender- Female

Name- Revis (Italian)

History and Heritage- She was hatched in Italy a few years after Goliath hatched; the Italian Clan is different when it comes to petty things like names, because almost all of them look so similar, they HAVE to have names. She flew with two of her Rookery Brothers to Castle Wyvern, their Leader had told them to go there and get some sort of supply from the Wyvern Clan that their own was running out of. She, and her Rookery Brothers, were frozen in stone along with the remaining Wyvern Clan when they decided to do the right thing and help them out.

Abilities- Everything that a Gargoyle has.

Weaknesses- The sun

Appearance- Creamy green skin, black webbed wings like Lexington's, long black hair that she keeps in a pony tail. She dresses up in something similar to a Gothic look, black corset with a dark green skirt like Demona's, and a choker necklace with some sort of black jewel.

Love interest- Possibly Goliath.

So, what do you think?

2/20/2013 #10
waffleirony

Sorry, but did you read the rules?

What does "Revis" even mean? Sorry, I don't speak Italian.

Being hatched "a few years after Goliath" also makes no sense. Gargoyles can't hatch whenever they want, see my post above...

2/20/2013 . Edited 2/27/2013 #11
darkangel8950
I made up the name, and the rules said that as long as there was a good reason he or she had a name then it was ok, unless I read it wrong.
2/20/2013 #12
waffleirony

It's not a Gargoyle name unless it's an actual word in Italian which means something (that's why I asked). Please reconsider that.

2/20/2013 #13
darkangel8950
Okay, I guess give me a minute to find a different Italian name
2/20/2013 #14
waffleirony

I don't want to sound rude, but you should work a bit on the whole thing. So far it doesn't seem very near to canon and has big "human with wings" potential, and I hate "humans with wings" which are so common in the fandom and annoying as ****.

2/20/2013 . Edited 2/20/2013 #15
darkangel8950
How does she have a 'humans with wings' thing?
2/20/2013 #16
waffleirony

Her whole appearance seems like this. Her outfit, her name, her vibe... and obviously also the random breeding cycles you added here which humans have, but Gargs not in the slightest.

I'm also not sure if it would be a good idea to have her turned to stone with the Wyvern survivors since we are not going to depict the time after those 1000 years, would mean pretty much a complete blackout for her in 994.

2/20/2013 #17
darkangel8950
What would you suggest?
2/20/2013 #18
waffleirony

An italian Garg ist okay, that is interesting. Especially when she's a descendant of the original Roman Clan. Should stay like this.

Just make her appear like a true, pure Gargoyle and give her an outfit that fits to a Garg from medieval Italia. And don't "make up" names. She could be named after an obvious feature she has, or after a person or place her clan connects her to. Maybe even after a ruler or god from ancient Rome.

About her story, you must know that for yourself. You can of course have her turned to stone, she could also die in the massacre which wouldn't make a big difference since she'll be gone then for the rest of the RP either way. But since we didn't even reach the time of the massacre, you don't need to make a clear statement about that now.

2/20/2013 #19
waffleirony

And typical Gargoyle strenghts and weaknesses are not really strengths and weaknesses. This is like you write for a human "can walk and talk" and "needs to sleep from time to time". lol

2/20/2013 #20
darkangel8950
Ok, I'll see what I can do about it
2/20/2013 #21
waffleirony

take you time and remember also the breeding cycle thing, Gargs hatch only every 20 years (see above).

I'm sorry if I seem strict, but as I said, I want this to be as canon as possible. There are enough far-fetched, absurd stories about "humans that look like Gargoyles" already.

2/20/2013 #22
darkangel8950
Its ok
2/20/2013 #23
waffleirony

You need to know that I don't react like this to bother people for fun, but because Gargs and their ways mean so much to me. Thanks for understanding.

2/20/2013 #24
darkangel8950
Welcome
2/20/2013 #25
DeadlyWriter

New gargoyle character

Race: Gargoyle

Name: None

Heritage: hatched in the Wyvern Clan 938

Abilities: Great Tracking Skills & Combat skills

Weakness: Blind in his left eye, & never fighting female gargoyles

Appearance: Has Brooklyn's Built, but stronger and as tall as Goliath. His facial features normal with a rigged brow, and two horns coming from his head. His skin Color was a dark green, His wings are on his back, the inside and out side of them the color black along with his eyes, he left eye is always closed with a X like scare over it. His hair was a dark brown and was short and messy.

He wears a black Lon Cloth with a black and gold buckle belt around his waist. Wears a shoulder and breast plate on his right side, with a black strap.

2/21/2013 #26
waffleirony

I should claim this one too...

"Schnozz" (canon character)

- Name: none, usally called "young one" at this point, later usally "red one"

- History and heritage: hatched 958 at castle Wyvern, therefore Brooklyn's and the Trio's rookery brother. Other stuff in the future (no details, spoiler)

- Abilities: --- not yet posted, spoiler ----

- Weaknesses: can't stop collecting glittery stuff, tends to steal.

- Appearance: Rust-red skin, completely hairless, no horns, very slender appearance; a long, beak like nose. Wears a blue loincloth.

2/25/2013 . Edited 2/27/2013 #27
DeadlyWriter

He seems very cool =D

2/25/2013 #28
Galactatech

- Race: Gargoyle-third race Hybrid

- Name: Patrick

- History and heritage: The Egg that would hatch into Patrick was conceived by a lone male Gargoyle and a female member of the third race who took the form of a gargoyle. Shortly after Laying the Egg, the Female left, having lost interest in this mortal creature. Leaving care of the Egg solely upon his father. His father was smashed in stone sleep and the Hatchling was saved and taken in by his father's friend, a wizard named Bowen.

The wizard had no understanding of Gargoyle customs and raised the boy as if he were his own son.

- Abilities: knows how to read, write, and knows basic Magic.

- Weaknesses: Turns to stone at night, Iron weapons can harm him, Iron restraints can trap him, turns to stone during the day, does not know how to glide

- Appearance: Patrick is a young, Green skinned Gargoyle who has a build similar to a ten year old child. His wings are similar to Goliath's and he has four arms with four talons on each. Patrick's ears are longer than most gargoyles. His face has traces of his third race heritage. He has knee and elbow spikes as well as a spiked club-like tail tip. He has pale blue eyes that glow white when mad. He wears a white robe with four sleeves and a black pair of Pants.

-Personality: Patrick is friendly, cheerful and has a thirst for learning, as he was raised by a human wizard, Patrick has no knowledge of Gargoyle customs, traditions. Patrick's Best defining trait is his kind and inherently noble heart although he is also naive and has a black and white view of good and evil. Patrick wishes to become a powerful wizard under his adopted father's Guidance.

- Race: Human Wizard

- Name: Solomon

- History and heritage: Born into a family unable to care for him. Solomon was sent to live at an Abby maintained by Wizards. Solomon grew and learned magic well, but rather than become a Member of the Abby, the young Solomon decided to travel the land to broaden his knowledge. Time Passed and the solitude took it's tole on him, Fate intervened as Solomon took shelter in a cave to escape a storm. That cave happened to Shelter a Lone Gargoyle male guarding his Egg. Although difficult at first, The gargoyle came to tolerate, respect, trust, and finally call the wizard friend. However it was shattered when The gargoyle was smashed in stone sleep by vikings, only to be driven away by Solomon. The Grieving Solomon took it upon himself to raise the Gargoyle hatchling he named Patrick.

- Abilities: Master of Human magic, Botanist, scholar, good singer and minstrel player.

- Weaknesses: His age, not trained in any combat that does not involve Magic, cannot perform magic without a conduit like his staff or spell book.

- Appearance: A tall, grey haired man with flowing shoulder long hair and a beard. Tan skin, Green eyes and broad nose. He wears a long white robe. He has a white Stallion named Bowen. He has a staff with a crystal in it to serve as a walking staff and Conduit for his magic. He also has a few scrolls and books, both Magical and not as well as a Minstrel.

- Personality: A wise, kind hearted and Gentle Soul. Although Solomon was doubtful of his Ability to care for a gargoyle hatchling, Solomon could not simply leave the child alone, although filled with Challenges, Solomon has found that Patrick Brought joy companionship back to his life.

3/9/2014 #29
waffleirony

both accepted!

3/9/2014 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: waffleirony
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member