Audio Fanfiction Library
Ever wanted to play your favorite fictional character? Voice act? Direct? Have your stories made into audio fics? Then Audio Fanfiction Library is right up your alley! All fandoms are welcome. Come on in and join us! (audiofanfictionlibrary dot angelfire dot com)
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Sauron Gorthaur

If you've looked around the site and you still have questions, feel free to post them here. You may also contact myself or Razzle in our respective PM Inboxes if you so desire, as well. If you post any questions here, I will reply to you as quickly as I can. Don't be afraid to ask! If there's anything you're curious about or that you don't understand, I'd be glad to talk to you and tell you more about the project. You can also go to audiofanfictionlibrary.com to see if any of your questions are answered there. on our Help Section page:

3/27/2013 . Edited 1/28/2015 #1
angeleyez1991

i was just wondering if you will ever accept M rated fanfics

7/11/2013 #2
Sauron Gorthaur

No, my guess it that probably we will not ever be accepting M-rated fics. This was a rule set down by Lysana, the one who started the site and co-owns it, and I'm fairly sure she wanted the site to remain friendly to all ages.

7/11/2013 #3
Hetalia loving otaku 14

I was wondering if you can send in a fic from any fandom?

3/25/2014 #4
Sauron Gorthaur

Yes, we accept stories from any fandom :)

3/26/2014 #5
Ryuuhana

so is it possible to submit audio stories here yet? I was looking to see around the net if there is a place that I can do Audio stories but if there is one here already this will save me a huge amount of search time and i don't have to remember another password :)

7/28/2014 #6
Sauron Gorthaur

What we usually do is have people submit written stories which we then cast, turn into audio stories, and post on the site.

However, we have had people submit already made audio stories that they already created by themselves, which we then post or link to on our site. If you have an already created audio story, you can send it to us or give us a link to it so that we can preview it, or if you have a written story that you want to submit or recommend for us to turn into an audio story, you can do that as well.

7/29/2014 #7
RoverMaelstrom

On the subject of previously created audio files that aren't on the current list of projects: if we have a story that we've recorded through, with errors that have been correctly recorded for (as in, when a stumble happens, there's a pause and then the reading restarts at a place for the correct natural break so the stumbled part can be edited out without disrupting the story flow), can we submit the audio file and allow someone else to edit it? Or do we need to do the edits ourself if we read a story that's not on the current project list?

11/16/2016 #8
Sauron Gorthaur

Hi RoverMaelstrom,

Sure, you are welcome to send in a raw (unedited) audio file for a fic you've recorded yourself, just as long as the fic complies with all our rules (i.e. it's not rated M and you have permission to record it, if you are not the author).

You can send it to me at inspiredbyredwall at yahoo dot com. I can edit out the stumbles, disruptive pauses, etc. and make sure it's all ship-shape for the site.

Thanks for the question. If you have anything else you'd like to know, feel free to reply to this forum, send me a private PM, or shoot me an email. Cheers!

11/17/2016 #9
SoulOfAFangirl684

I've just looked around the site, and I'm really glad someone put something like this together! I'm certainly no actor... but I would be interested in reading my stories (at least some of my one-shots) and submitting them. (Years and years ago, another author on this site had each chapter of one of her stories recorded in a file that people had to download to listen to. I'm really glad there's an alternative.)

I just have a few questions... Is there anything special I need to do if I send in an audio file that I create? I listened to one, and that reader started it off with an explanation of the rating... If something like that is necessary, could you give me a list of requirements?

11/27/2016 #10
Sauron Gorthaur

I'm glad you've checked out the site and find it interesting! And no worries, it's all just for fun so any level of talent for voice acting is absolutely acceptable.

If you are recording your own stories, there are no special requirements for submitting beyond our basic rules (only K-T ratings allowed). For the rating at the beginning, that is something we add to the beginning of all stories that are sent to us, so you wouldn't need to worry about that. If you have experience with editing audio files, you are free to polish up the files (taking out excess sound, breathing, mistakes, etc.) before you send them in. However, if you don't have experience or interest with that, you can send us the raw files and we will go through it and polish it up for you. If you make a mistake, just pause briefly and then clearly re-read the line so that we are able to smoothly edit out the mistake.

When you send in the file, just let us know which you prefer: whether you've already got it how you want it or if you want us to clean it up for you before we post it.

Audio files can be sent to me at inspiredbyredwall at yahoo dot com.

I hope that answers your questions! If it doesn't or if additional questions come up, please feel free to contact me. Cheers!

11/28/2016 #11
S Danyal Allen

1. Are the audio tracks of the fanfiction uploaded to YouTube?

2. Is it possible to have background music in certain parts of a story as well as sound effects?

10/3/2017 #12
Sauron Gorthaur

Hello S Danyal Allen,

Thanks for the question. First, we do not currently upload our audio tracks to YouTube. However, the site is currently under a big reconstruction project between myself and the other co-owner, and we are planning on moving to a new and more modern web designer that will allow us to do a lot more. Once we move to the new site, we are considering creating a complementary YouTube channel for Audio Fanfiction Library so all our projects will be available there as well.

For your second question, it is possible to have background music and sound effects - we have done so for several of our stories include "The Silmarillion Broadcasts", "Marianne and the Song of Redwall", and "The New Year." The only requirement for music/sound effects is that a) you are the creator/composer, b) you have express permission from the creator/composer to use the sound effects/music, or c) that the music/sound effects are licensed under Creative Commons. The site I like getting sound effects from is Freesound dot org, as those are all licensed under Creative Commons. For music, I've used Incompetech, which is also licensed under Creative Commons and offers a pretty wide range of music.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

-Sauron Gorthaur

10/8/2017 #13
LunaNoire93

Ok..um...hi there. A few things:

1. Is this still open?

2. Voice acting is a thing here, right? Would I be able to read other people's work?

3. I run a youtube channel...I was wondering if the things I read here can be posted there

7/20 #14
Sauron Gorthaur

Hello LunaNoire93,

1. Yes, Audio Fanfiction Library is still open and up and running. We are in the process of switching to a new web designer and changing the website pretty drastically, but we are continuing to post new content and update the multi-chapter audio projects that we have in the works.

2. Yes, we are always looking for voice actors. You can see a complete list of projects on our website (audiofanfictionlibrary.angelfire.com) on our Current Projects page that lists voice acting roles that are still uncast. I know there are quite a few roles currently that we still need to fill in many of our different audio projects. The authors of these stories have given us permission to record their stories.

Additionally, you can read other people's stories, playing all the characters yourself, as long as you have explicit permission from the author to do so. As long as you have the permission from the author of the work you're reading, we can post it on Audio Fanfiction Library. (Please note, we don't post anything above a T rating, however.) If you have not received permission from the author, I am afraid we cannot post it.

3. Audio Fanfiction Library also has a YouTube channel now where we post projects that we complete. You could post it either on our channel or your own (if you are reading the entire work).

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for checking Audio Fanfiction Library out!

7/24 #15
TheFastFox

Does the website include sound of music fanfiction?

9/1 . Edited 9/1 #16
Sauron Gorthaur

Hello TheFastFox,

Yes, we include fanfiction stories from all fandoms. We don't have any Sound of Music audio fics yet, but we would be happy to add a new fandom category for it.

(Also, please note that the website is currently going through some major changes as we move to a new web designer. Currently, the URL is audiofanfictionlibrary.angelfire.com - that will soon be changed to a wix address as soon as we get the new site up and running. Feel free to continue to contribute in the meantime, however.)

Thanks and let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Cheers :)

-Sauron Gorthaur

9/2 #17
Forum Moderators: Sauron Gorthaur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member