Nightwing Fans Unite
The very first forum for Nightwing, the first scion of the Batman and a hero in his own right.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
tinyurl

Ha. Yeah.

12/28/2008 #31
tinyurl

What's your avatar of anyway?

12/28/2008 #32
Wildcard999

Gambit of the X-Men. It was manipped (photomanipulated) by a user on Heromorph.com; they do a lot of cool stuff with Nightwing and the Batclan too.

12/28/2008 #33
tinyurl

Cool, I'll have to check them out. Honestly, though, I don't know who Gambit is. I've never watched (or read or anything else) the X-men. But your avatar looks cool.

12/28/2008 #34
Wildcard999

The cool thing about the X-Men, besides their fighting style, which is so contrary to most of DC groups, is that they are the good guys, but people hate them. It was originally created as a metaphor for the black/white problem here in America. They also fight like a team, instead of being like the JLA and just a bunch of lone wolves that just happen to be in the same area.

But that's alright, I'm not into most of the other stuff Marvel did.

12/28/2008 #35
tinyurl

Cool. Didn't know that. The only things that I like that Marvel did are Daredevil and Spiderman (I watched the movies). I'll have to do some FF reading on the X-men.

12/28/2008 #36
Wildcard999

If you'd like, you can start with my X-Men/DC/HP (don't ask) crossover! It has a bunch of (mostly Batclan) DC characters dumped into X-Men evolution, along with two OCs, Static Shock (not DC, but they like to pretend) and Harry Potter. I don't know if you will recognize the characters though; I do AU a lot and...Bruce kind of scares me, so I try to write about everyone but him.

12/28/2008 #37
tinyurl

Okkkkaaayyy . . . that's a lot of crossover. I will read your story, might take me awhile to get to it, but I will read it. And really? You don't like to write Bruce? He's one of my favorite to try and figure out how to write. He's complicated but fun to write. You should watch (if you haven't already) BB and TDK and then try and write him. Both were excellent movies. I won free tickets off the radio to see TDK , which made it that much more awesome. You should definitely see it (them, whatever).

12/28/2008 #38
Wildcard999

He just scares me because we have so many of the same problems to get over, and to write him, I have to go back to a place I fought hard to get out of...Don't get me wrong, I'd love to write the guy, if only I didn't have to fear slipping into a deep depression because of it.

I have seen both and even own the six part anime that strings the two together. Like I said.

He. Scares. Me.

12/28/2008 #39
tinyurl

Ha!

12/29/2008 #40
Wildcard999

How is that funny? Seriously, you know how messed up that guy is, and I just told you I have the same problems! Sure, I didn't witness my parents' murders, but I do remember a...

I'm just going to stop right there.

12/29/2008 #41
tinyurl

I can only answer that with a "ha, ha!"

12/29/2008 #42
Wildcard999

I can't tell if that is sarcasm or if you just became a jerk.

12/29/2008 #43
tinyurl

NONONONONONO! I'm not trying to be a jerk!!!!! I'm sorry I came off that way. I didn't mean to. Is sympathetic any better? :-(

12/29/2008 #44
Wildcard999

Yes.

I don't know if you know anything about trauma, but no one likes if when people laugh at it, no matter their reason.

[Good thing I reserve judgement until everything is clear. I have written more than enough fics about misinformation leading to conflict.]

12/29/2008 #45
tinyurl

I honestly thought you were just kidding. I would never seriously laugh about something serious like that. Believe me. I've had my own share of it.

12/29/2008 #46
Wildcard999

Ah. No, if I was kidding, I'd likely tell you it wasn't serious in the same post, or immediatly after--for just this reason. I'm a great liar, so I've found that convincing people, though easy at first, get's hard if they don't see a difference between truth and lies.

If you read Origin or a Serial Killer (not the posted version) you could see just how bad it was, and that was when I was finally able to get that stuff down on paper. But I was really messed up. Still am, but I hide it well.

12/29/2008 #47
tinyurl

Well, we're ALL messed up. Some of us just hide it better than others. :-)

Anyway, if we don't get back to the original subject, the moderator or whoever made this forum is probably going to kill us. What were we talking about again? :-)

12/29/2008 #48
Wildcard999

Nightwing, obviously. And Clancy. And how the internet isn't really clear on who is talking to who unless you specify.

If you'd like to chat more, there is always PMs or a chat thread. I actually have a dead chat thread we could use if you'd like.

12/29/2008 #49
tinyurl

Yeah, well duh, obviously Nightwing. What else is there to talk about?(kidding)

Sure, where's the thread?

12/29/2008 #50
Wildcard999

Literary Beauty is Literal Beauty

It's labeled 'chat'.

12/29/2008 #51
Simon920

Hi and at the risk of butting into a semi-private discussion, if you want to write NW (or any other character) find out as much as you can about him/her--check out the fanfic on this site but realize that it's written by a bunch of fans who write as a hobby (no offense meant to anyone since I'm one, too), check out the bios over at Titans Tower and then try to get into his head.

Everyone has their own take on every character and sees him/her differently. Also everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to writing. I suck at the action scenes, know it and so stay far, far away. I like the psychology of a guy who grew up probably pretty hand to mouth ( a performer in a second rate circus? Please--they weren't getting rich. I worked 30+ years as a theater professional and believe me--they weren't making the big bucks), had a stable homelife blown to crap when mom and dad were murdered in front of him and then he's taken in by a major nut-job, dons a yelloe cape and pixie boots and is off to the races.

It screams for someone to make sense of that, f'God's sake!

Play the 'what-if' game...what i Dick came home and Alfred was wearing adress? What if Bruce changed his mind and decided that a kid sidekick was a stupid idea...you get the idea.

Then c;lose your eyes, jump in with both feet, know that the first few tries will likely suck, don't worry about it even a little bit and have yourself some fun!

Simon

12/29/2008 #52
Wildcard999

Okay, thanks. I'll check out Titan's Tower later. I am not writing Alfred into a dress though. ;D

Oh, and that fic is on hold because getting into Bruce's head scares the **** out of me. Chapter one: Barbara; Chapter two: Bruce; Chapter three: Dick. I got three done, one half done, and two I just can't bring myself to do. I started it in third person, altered it to first and stopped.

...Man...This is hard...

12/29/2008 #53
Simon920

Hard? Yep--even crummy writing can be a strain. But it's fun, too--right?

Many years ago, back in the 1930's, my then teenaged father somehow ended up at a party in Greenwich Village where, God knows why, Ernest Hemingway was in attendance spouting philosophy and waxing wise. Finally, drunk, he made the pronouncement--and I quote-- "To be a writer, you have to be a shit."

My father never wrote anything and I remain firmly and happily in the hobbyist category. I also don't agree with Papa and suspect he used that as an excuse to explain his crappy behavior. Someone should have just told him to lighten up...but then I've never bee a big Hemingway fan.

And you know--Alf in a dress could be pretty funny. Especially if he showed up at a party only to find Bruce in the same style--fashion nightmare!

12/30/2008 #54
Wildcard999

Oh, of course it's fun! God, I never do work, just play. Even at work, nothing I do is ever work. If the job itself isn't fun, I make it fun.

Lol, that's funny! I've made my share of enemies, though the funny thing is, people instantly like me unless they are the crappiest, scum-of-the-Earth, people. Everybody else just likes me. Guess it has something to do with my sinister nature. You know, the Venus Fly Trap emits a beautiful smell.

Lol, I'd go with some sort of plot to destroy their reputations; the only reason they went along with the dresses is that Tim's been kidnapped.

12/30/2008 #55
tinyurl

I guess that makes us not

the crappiest, scum-of-the-Earth, people?

LOL :-)

12/30/2008 #56
Simon920

Never assume...

12/30/2008 #57
Wildcard999

Yes, never make an assumption; it makes an a$$ out of you and umption. XD

Yeah, that makes you guys NOT.

12/30/2008 #58
tinyurl

SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/31/2008 #59
Wildcard999

;)

Chat thread? I'm here.

12/31/2008 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Rider Paladin
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member