The YuGiOh! Fanfiction Contest
Welcome to the headquarters of the biggest YGO contest on the site. Come sign up, write some fics, and make some friends. If you're not competitive or missed the window, don't worry! We've got tons of other stuff too - AND we don't bite! Much.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Ryou VeRua

It's the long awaited Challenge Pairing Drop-box! What is this, you ask? Well, it's the submission thread for those not in the contest!

Did you miss the sign-up for the contest? Did you discover this forum halfway through the contest, to your (immense) disappointment? Were you part of the contest, but have to leave due to little time/disqualification/elimination, only to discover a particularly delicious, crazy pairing that you're just itching to do? Or did you just look at the 'Previously Used Pairings' thread and think, "Kashipping! Why didn't I think of that before?"

Well, this is your lucky day!

I've created this thread as a place for those inspired by the contest pairings, current and old, to drop off whatever they may have come up with. There are no deadlines in this thread, no competition, no eliminations. It's just you, that awesome pairing that you just have to try to make sense of, and this thread. Though maybe no one will do anything with this, I do hope that someone will make use of it. Who knows, maybe I'll even drop something off here. :D

Happy writing!

Addition: If you're writing a prize, gift or something else for someone on the forum *coughlostabetcough*, you can also dump it here. The challenge/idea must originate from this forum.

9/19/2010 . Edited 1/27/2011 #1

Last season... or maybe the season before? Last year anyway, right after I had to drop out, I wound up writing a rivalshipping drabble at the same time you guys were writing it for the contest.

9/20/2010 #2
My Misguided Fairytale

For Ryou and anyone else interested...

Breakfast in Bed, Part II - The Picnic

10/28/2010 #3
safa'at keruth

Not sure where to drop this off, since it's not exactly a prize fic...

The Sixth Declension

Here you go, Paige! C:

10/31/2010 #4

Apparently I was supposed to put this here?

Paige's prize fic for Round 3: Imoutoshipping (Shizuka x Amane)...Still In-Progress

Echoes of Dreamtime

10/31/2010 #5
safa'at keruth

The Conspireshipping crack I wrote in Chat Thread #4 to cheer people \cough\LB\cough\ up:

Icsohedronal Target

11/26/2010 #6

The other Xenoshipping fic that I wrote. Less romance, more CreepyChibi!Marik. LB approved!

The Two Keepers

11/28/2010 . Edited 11/28/2010 #7

I wrote an essay on the Tombkeepers partly based on a forum conversation I had with Animum about a month ago. This essay centers around the questions: "How many tombkeepers were there?" and "To what extent did the tombkeepers interact with the outside world?"

12/30/2010 #8
safa'at keruth

The other Bananashipping I wrote and then abandoned. xD

Summary: The Keys have been lost, their former Keeper long gone, and Honda is trapped in this world-of-worlds forever - and yet his greatest concern at the moment is what little remains of his humanity. Ficlet, slight Honda/Malik.

1/2/2011 . Edited 1/3/2011 #9

The story that Shiro and Azh gave birth to. Chapter 1 can stand as a sort of odd one-shot, but additional chapters could appear. Would primarily be Hieroglyphshipping - ish in later chapters, though might also have varying mentions/traces of Rose, faux-Fawn, Toon, Scandal, and Bereft.

From Page 41

Pharaoh Seto is suffering. Mana wants to help. But magic, like love, can be tricky.

UPDATE, April 2011: Now definitely a multichapter.

1/9/2011 . Edited 4/25/2011 #10

Excuse me? May I help you?

What business could Malik and Bakura possibly have to handle together...?

1/25/2011 #11
chiruri chikorate

Meant to Be I never competed in this contest during this pairing but it is my favorite

1/27/2011 . Edited by Ryou VeRua, 1/27/2011 #12

Those are all the self-insert drabbles I've written so far. Will add more as I write them.

1/28/2011 . Edited 1/29/2011 #13
safa'at keruth

Well, it's a pairing, and the challenge definitely originated from contest people, so...

You want Paige x Cat? You ask for Paige x Cat? YOU GET PAIGE X CAT. [with LB x Diet Coke and Paige x LB on the side] (Also featuring a cameo from two others on the forum. More parts will be posted here later.) Note that this is friend-locked.

Summary: Loneliness causes people to search for companionship, even in places where they are sure there is none. In signs and objects, two girls seek the stability of relationships and sink deeper and deeper into the worlds they create, until they discover that they cannot leave. Unhappy with what life offers and increasingly so with the universes born of their minds, they find that to survive is to learn how to trust each other.

2/13/2011 #14

Something that's been on the back-burner for quite some time but I finally managed to finish it up recently. I would really appreciate your thoughts and feedback on it :)

Moving Back

Summary: Rebecca's spirit left her on the day Arthur forgot she had agreed to stay with him. Yet despite everything, she was relieved that he had remembered her name. The Hawkins family, on growing up and growing older.

5/1/2011 #15

This is the "formal thought disorder / schizophrenia" fic that's been ricocheting in my head since last summer, and is one of the reasons I joined the contest (to give me the courage to tackle it). ~ I freely admit I held it back til now, just in case it turned up as one of the challenges.

House of Three

First it was three, and then two for a long time, and then one, but according to spherical trigonometry, it should always go back to three. Always.

Cobaltshipping (Set/Kisara/Seto), of a sort. Rated for language and sexual imagery.

5/11/2011 . Edited 5/11/2011 #16
Albino Magpie

Oh dear, I actually did write it.

Renegadeshipping that is above T ahead, written mostly for Ryou but also for whatever lives in my head and makes me do these things.

ack inserting a link isn't working. Copy into browser please.

6/16/2011 . Edited 6/16/2011 #17
My Misguided Fairytale

Oh gosh, somehow I thought it was a good idea to have both the Summer Santa story and an LJ contest entry due on the same day. Anyway, for anyone interested I have an Illogicshipping (Ishizu x Seto x Shizuka) posted. I really like the way it turned out. =D

Speak Now

Summary: It was the day of the wedding, and Ishizu's luggage was still in Hanover. Kaiba has enough baggage to spare. / Illogicshipping, Ishizu x Seto x Shizuka

EDIT: And just saying, if Illogic ends up popping up in Tier 5 (even though I doubt it), I'm going to hurt someone. xD

EDIT EDIT: And for some random trivia, with this story I just cracked 200k words posted! =D I'm going to congratulate myself by writing some more. xD

6/26/2011 . Edited 6/26/2011 #18
Zie Ayton

LB, LB, I wrote the thiefshipping! XD

Chicken: Marik and Bakura's argument over who is manlier turns into a game of Chicken, judged by Ryou.

6/27/2011 #19

My contest piece is up on my page, now that I'm off work and at a decent computer.

Just thought I'd drop it off here (and in the Spec thread, since the submission thread is locked).

7/6/2011 #20
Mandolina Lightrobber

Part 2 of my Conceitshipping a.k.a. "This didn't make it on time for the deadline"

So Swings The Wheel Forth

7/11/2011 #21

#1. It's not full-throttle Lackeyshipping, but there is some wildly inappropriate mustache-nibbling ... and the wearing of Hawaiian shirts. And drinks with paper umbrellas.

Croquet and Roland, chillin' poolside at the mansion:

(An expanded/revised version of the scene is also the opening of the final chapter of World's Worst.)

#2. A few weeks ago I wrote a Bondageshipping as a pinch hit for Higurazel, who never received a Secret Santa 2010 fic.

Snake Eyes

7/29/2011 . Edited 9/10/2011 #22

Coming in a whopping 112 days late, my (mini) submission for Tier 1 of Season 8.5: Peachshipping

Fighting Popularity

Anzu tries to make a new friend, but some people are easier to impress than others.

9/29/2011 #23
My Misguided Fairytale

For your reading pleasure...

The third chapter of the Breakfast in Bed series! The Baking Incident. Pastryshipping ahoy.

The beginning of the multi-chaptered, Tendershipping AU, an extension of that one birthday drabble I wrote for Ryou a while back: Equilibrium. Summary: Destroying demons was their life's work, but for a demon too powerful to be killed, the most they could do was bind it to the strongest among them. Samurai!Ryou x Demon!Bakura

11/12/2011 #24
Zie Ayton

Drabble Party

Because forum parties this good deserve to be shared with the world? XD

ALSO, if you guys would like your names attached to the prompts or would rather one you requested be removed, just say the word!

11/23/2011 . Edited 11/23/2011 #25
Zie Ayton

Another one! This is my YGO RarePair meme fill for Ziven's Respectshipping request that I didn't finish in time. It's not...exactly following your prompt ZIVEN! XD;

The Visitor

11/25/2011 #26
Zie Ayton

I'm on a roll guys! :D

So this is the very beginning of the fic I was planning to write for the Crosshipping round last season, which I have decided instead to break into episodes within chapters. And also probably less Crosshipping. Not technically a crossover, but very When They Cry-esque!

Yuugiou no Naku Koro ni

SUMMARY: A group of friends living in Domino City is plagued by a mysterious chain of deaths.

11/26/2011 #27
Mandolina Lightrobber

Because I blame this contest for getting me into this pairing. Bayshipping. Cheers.

Our Time Now

When you yourself are endless, it's hard to miss an end, a border, a crossing line. But when you breach a certain border, everything changes.

12/23/2011 #28
Mandolina Lightrobber

The one round of Season 9 that had me drop out. Gameshipping. Yami Yuugi x Ryuuji Otogi

White Light Out

Some things just aren't meant to work out. Some times the game turns around. Sometimes, it's the strongest player bested.

1/3/2012 #29
Mandolina Lightrobber

And here's the follow-up/background/tie-in fic for this round's Crushshipping.

End Credits

This is the Virtual World in which Yuugi won. Except his problems didn't end there. Noa's did.

3/1/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Computerfreak101 Hikari Daeron, Angela and MiniMix, Yami Roojii, Familiar-Possessed - Eria, Ryou VeRua, Inu Kaiba
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member