Death Note YAOI at the Roundtable
Have a pairing you want to share and rant about? Have a pair you love but we didn't list? Grab a drink and have a seat around the Roundtable to chat, reason, advertise, provide links to your heart's content :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Maedhros
Roundtable serving Near X Mello where Near is dominant in the relationship:
4/16/2006 #1
Maedhros
Like I posted else where it's still good to post it again in its catagory, so check out: If you scroll down on the menu and click on "OLD", you'd find a world of this artist's comic section, look under chapter 2 and you'd see a bunch of NM with Near being dominant. Have fun!
8/23/2006 #2
DeathnoteBoy4495
Near doesn't seem like a suitable seme. He's too young. He's like 12, as opposed to Mello, age 16.
4/12/2007 #3
Maedhros
I respect that, one of the best thing about Death Note is how 3D the characters are and the fascinating perspectives we each have when looking at them. When I first read the canon I got the impression that Near can be manipulative when he wants to be and Mello always overspilling with emotions may fall prey to that (then Mello notices this and gets even more frustrated). There are fics based on the concept that MN and NM are impossible because neither can afford to get emotional involved with the mind games they play (power struggle, tough on relationships). Ah... this statement probably doesn't fit into any yoai table, but it got me thinking. As for their age, I think Mello is older than Near by two years. Usually I associate seme with age but every now and then a good fic strolls along and convinces me otherwise. Horray, comments on the table! Thank you so much :9
4/13/2007 #4
Maedhros
I respect that, one of the best thing about Death Note is how 3D the characters are and the fascinating perspectives we each have when looking at them. When I first read the canon I got the impression that Near can be manipulative when he wants to be and Mello always overspilling with emotions may fall prey to that (then Mello notices this and gets even more frustrated). There are fics based on the concept that MN and NM are impossible because neither can afford to get emotional involved with the mind games they play (power struggle, tough on relationships). Ah... this statement probably doesn't fit into any yoai table, but it got me thinking. As for their age, I think Mello is older than Near by two years. Usually I associate seme with age but every now and then a good fic strolls along and convinces me otherwise. Horray, comments on the table! Thank you so much :9
4/13/2007 #5
schizofragile
Near is seme! =O At least on the Near/Mello ship. Have you seen the gayness that is Mello's clothing? GOD. XD
5/1/2007 #6
Shiruwanasu
Yep! The tight pants just scream "I'm hot and blond r*** me!!!"
1/31/2008 #7
thexamimi

The tight pants just scream "I'm hot and blond r*** me!!!"

-raises eyebrows-

So if Misa wore tight leather pants, would the same apply?

I find that a lot of Mello lovers/fans who like the relationship between Near and Mello like Mello as the uke.

Gawd, forbid, who knows what kind of people they are, but even though that happening is unlikely, there is a 20% chance of Near acting as seme. BUT IT MUST BE WELL WRITTEN OR ELSE.

I hate OOC crybaby Near and OOC whimpering Mello. Just how the f*** is one so...uke. Mello is too aggressive for Near to top him, and Near is not stubborn enough to push Mello down to top him.

Pairings are usually best when they are written in character.

6/20/2008 #8
Shiruwanasu

I don't know when I wrote that comment.Must have been on a yaoi overdose.

I hate making characters OOC and over wimpy ukes(Gravitation I'm looking at you)

I think I just like to make stronger people into ukes.(not always, bu often)Don't know why tho.

I don't like Near/Mello that much.

6/22/2008 #9
thexamimi

Shuichi is such an uke. But I love YukiShu! (It was my first yaoi pairing!)

Yaoi overdose is not good for you. Hence multiple o***. ;p

For me, the uke...I don't know. It depends. I could be a strong person, but it could also be a weak person.

6/22/2008 #10
Shiruwanasu

I like Loveless more.More of a plot.

I know, I know but yaoi is so addictive....

6/23/2008 #11
FrigidSnow

I LOVES TEH MELLOxNEAR.

7/3/2008 #12
thexamimi

I LOVE TEH MELLOxNEAR AS WELL.

-o***-

7/4/2008 #13
Contemptus Saeculi

Speaking of Near!seme being written, has anyone stumbled across it yet? And good lord, if you have was it well written? I don't just mean FF.net, I mean Lj, anywhere really. It just NEEDS to be done and linked. That being said, I have an idea for a fic, but not the skill to write it out, or at least not the attention span to finish it. Any takers?

7/9/2008 #14
FrigidSnow

Let's hear it.

7/10/2008 #15
Contemptus Saeculi

Alright, but first have you read the oneshot thing that's set AFTER the whole Deathnote-Kira case? Basically 5 years later a new 'Kira' shows up and Nea'rs like, S*** YOU ARE NOT KIRA, YOU WISH YOU COULD BE KIRA BUT YOU AREN'T SO STOP SAYING IT IT'S DISSRESPECTFUL. Yeah, after that the fake-K, gets him thinking about the Real Kira, then his thoughts turn to Mello, for obvious reasons. He stops his train of thought because it's a waste of time and heads off to sleep of something. Dream time. Dreams of leather-rosary-brunscar-Mello. Probably some witty banter, before there's total dream sex. Which Near tops in, as It's HIS dream and he older. And such. Then he wakes up and angsts because oh no, it was all just a dream. Very rough you see- I might actually wirte it myslef, but what do you guys think of the idea?

7/10/2008 #16
FrigidSnow

Oh, not me! I CAN'T write sex... Even though I love teh MelloxNear p***, I can't write it!! T.T

7/11/2008 #17
Contemptus Saeculi

Hmmm... So write around it. There doesn't need to be sex, maybe just, like banter and Near angsting after something he can't have? Whatevef, again I might end up gdoing this myself, so yeah.

7/11/2008 #18
Synonymous Brian

IMO Near is seme. Period.

7/12/2008 #19
FrigidSnow

HIIII Synonymous Brian, author of I Kissed a Guy!!! I LOVE THAT STORY TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE TEH AWESOMESSSSSS.... YES....

But... Near = complete uke... Really.

7/13/2008 #20
Synonymous Brian

O_O... XD er, hi ^_^

But really, Near is total seme, he's way too... quiet and stoic to be uke, and Mello's... loud and emotional, although aggressive. But Near's got the whole entire I dunno, 'quiet strength' thing going for him, so I can totally imagine him holding a kicking and thrashing Mello down and having his way with him... XD

7/13/2008 #21
FrigidSnow

Hmm... Near could be seme, but it's... unnatural... for me. I take his quietness to be signs of him being shy, and not outspoken. And as you said, Mello's aggressive... not to mention Near is so cute when he uke~ though that's just a side factor...

7/13/2008 #22
Synonymous Brian

Well, IMO, I don't really see Near as shy exactly, more as, he just doesnt want to socialize with others because he sees no point to it, all Near cares about is figuring out the puzzle. And yes, although cute, you have to factor in Near's connivingness... the little cheater... XD He just LOOKS like an uke, but I believe he can be awfully witty when getting what he wants. Have you read this?

Honestly, 20 yr-old Near practically screams semeness!

7/13/2008 #23
FrigidSnow

I agree with that... older Near = SEME. Period.

But younger Near = UKE. Period.

And when Mello was alive, it was younger Near, right?

7/13/2008 #24
Synonymous Brian

True, true, but as I said before, Near's a cheater, and even his younger, cuter self, IMO could have overpowered the agressive, rash and emotional Mello with his quiet, serious, stoic nature.

7/13/2008 #25
Contemptus Saeculi

I totally agree with you. (Wammy's House mindfuck= epic?) Besides, there's way to much bully!Mello going around. The way I see it, Near wouldn't let Mello beat the crap out of him on a regular basis, and if he tried, then Near'd manipulate him into...not doing it. Did that make sense?

7/25/2008 #26
thexamimi

Seme Near is fine with me sometimes. But there is no way Mello will ever want Near to top him. Near might manipulate Mello's mind, but the blond is smart enough to see out of it and use physical strength to push him down.

And even though Mello is loud and aggressive, I am sure he has the calm, badboy personality as well. Especially older Mello.

7/28/2008 #27
Bibibiz

Hey.... Near is 17 and Mello is 18

At the end of the series Near is about 19

In the start they were 13 and 14.

I know Near looks young....

But look at the brith dates!

Near was born in the 1991 and he first appears in like... what 2004?

Remember the time lapse...

Just thought I'd clear that up w

And, I agree with Near not being seme anyway... No matter his age, Near will always be EVERYONE'S uke!

Lol w

7/17/2010 #28
Bibibiz

Hey.... Near is 17 and Mello is 18

At the end of the series Near is about 19

In the start they were 13 and 14.

I know Near looks young....

But look at the brith dates!

Near was born in the 1991 and he first appears in like... what 2004?

Remember the time lapse...

Just thought I'd clear that up w

And, I agree with Near not being seme anyway... No matter his age, Near will always be EVERYONE'S uke!

Lol w

7/17/2010 #29
futuristicpenis

I adore Mello and Near!

But!

Mello = Seme.

Near = Uke.

Nuff said'.

Though, Near is kinda hot as seme..

12/20/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Maedhros
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member