Good Warrior Names
Hello cats! This forum is for you people to tell me what you think are good warrior names and I'll leave a comment on HOW I like it, IF I like it, WHY I like it, and so on. I promise not to be harsh...No, really!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
La Lluvia Encantada

Well, hi, some of you may know me. My former name was The Love of a Raven, so you should call me Raven.

What I do:

• rate warrior names and give alternates (Even you do not want alternates, I might still suggest one or two.)
  • give apprentices warrior names

What I do NOT do:

• Create kits
  • rate tribe names, rogue names, loner names, or kittypet names
  • make clans
  • write prophecies
  • give you a warrior name based on your own physical description/personality

Anything else, you'll just have to ask me.

What I need

To rate a warrior name: If you don't have time, just jot down a name. If you do have time, a physical description and MINOR personality description is nice. You DON'T have to walk me through every single nook and cranny of the cat's life to explain why this is the perfect name for him/her. If you don't want to describe the personality, YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

To give apprentices warrior names: The apprentice name, a DETAILED description, a DETAILED personality.

People Allowed to Rate: Ivyclimb of MoonClan, xXMysteryPrincessXx. If your name is not listed, you CANNOT RATE HERE.

I may be harsh, don't cry about it!

6/17/2013 . Edited 6/17/2013 #1
R2-Ivy

By the way, Raven, could you rate this name for meh? FYI, I don't have a personality for her.

Icefur- small sleek pelted lithe shaped light blue/white she-cat with white chest, muzzle, and paws. Light green eyes and small but lithe figure.

Thanks

6/17/2013 . Edited 6/17/2013 #2
La Lluvia Encantada

Icefur: The prefix Ice- suits basically any white cat, and it's hard to go wrong with simple suffixes like -fur and -pelt. I do believe that Icefur has a better flow than Icepelt. Good job.

6/17/2013 #3
Bump the Scyther-Goat Toaster

Littleflight: A scrawny, light brown tabby tom. He has a compact body and very soft, fluffy fur. His tail is long and soft like most of his fur. He has short, pointed ears with small white tufts and a small pink nose. His eyes are rather large and are a very deep green. Littleflight loves to play and joke around. He doesn't really take his job as a warrior seriously. Actually, he's very sensitive when it comes to his size. He thinks that since he's small, he can't hunt or fight like the rest of the Clan, so he tries to avoid his duties as much as possible. He's very energetic and tries to do all that he can possible, but without hunting or fighting.

Dewclaw: A light, blue-gray tom with frosty green eyes. He adores to fight and get messy... eh... not to mention that he loves to get messy with blood. He's not really psychotic as most think, but he does enjoy a good challenge. He can be quite bossy because he dreams of becoming deputy and later on, leader. StarClan fears that if his lust for blood gets too bad, he will have to be taken down and or ran out of the Clan.

Rosefeather: a small, long-furred, mainly orange, tortoiseshell she-cat with amber eyes. She is a sweet she-cat. She is very motherly. Almost to the point where if you screw with any young cat, apprentice or kit, she will screw you over. She wants to have kits, but she's scared that the tom will leave her.

Icefoot: a lean, sleek, pure white she-cat with amber eyes. She is quite tall. She usually topples over her large feet. She can feel insecure about her feet. She some times wishes that she were named Bigfoot because she's large. Strange as it is, she is rather good at hunting. She gets made fun of because her way of catching prey is by falling on top of them. It wasn't until one mentor came to her and told her about the amazing use of her bushy tail. That was how she became the best hunter.

Fernpelt: a short-legged, pale tabby she-cat with amber eyes. She is an average warrior. She doesn't mind. She loves to make new friends. She doesn't mind fighting, just as long as it's for a good cause. She has absolutely no fear to speak her mind on a matter that she believes so deeply in.

6/17/2013 #4
R2-Ivy

Thankies, Raven!

6/17/2013 #5
La Lluvia Encantada

Littleflight: I'm not exactly sure how -flight fits in. When I used to rate (about a year ago, so the system has probably changed), -flight highlighted warriors that just bounced and were so excited to do their duties. You did highlight that he is energetic, I suppose, so it works.

Dewclaw: I love the prefix Dew-. I always used it for she-cats, but it can also work for toms, especially when placed with a masculine suffix such as -claw. Overall, the flow isn't perfect, but it works. The -claw is simple, thrown with the unusual Dew-, making a decent name. Good job.

Rosefeather: Very nice. Not much to point out here.

Icefoot: First picture in my head: Tom. It would be mean of a leader to name her for her loud feet, but it was done so many times in the series. Honestly, the only bad thing about it is the masculine image it gives me. If you wanted to edit out the flaw-name, you could give her something pretty, like Iceflower or Icepetal. However, if you want to keep the flaw-name, it seems Icefoot is the only option

Fernpelt: Simple, original, nice. I am extremely glad that you went for Fernpelt rather than Fernfur. Thank you for not attempting to destroy the warrior name system.

Thank you for stopping by. :)

6/17/2013 #6

Yeah. Personally, I don't think that names should have a gender attached to them. Anyway.

Littleflight: Yeah, what would you suggest for another suffix?

Dewclaw: I couldn't really think of anything.

Rosefeather: Thanks. I love her.

Icefoot: Really? To me, -foot means a good hunter or a fast runner. That's why I made her a good hunter. What "female" suffix would you suggest to highlight her hunting ability?

Fernpelt: Thanks.

6/17/2013 #7
La Lluvia Encantada

To each his own; these are, after all, your names. My opinion shouldn't matter too much into your own creative work ;-)

Littleflight: You did state that he was sensitive about his size, so -whisker might work. -Whisker typically highlights twitchy, overly sensitive cats. It can also mean good hunter, though. -Splash could go for his energy. Or you could hit back on the simplistic with -fur or -pelt.

Icefoot: My apologies, I automatically assumed you had named her -foot in recognition of her large paws. -nose can be good for a hunter/tracker, but is also used for arrogant cats. Plus, Icenose doesn't sound or look too good. Icewing is excellent, but I think it might have been used. Iceflight sounds somewhat ridiculous. Perhaps Icestep? The C and S sounds collide, leaving Icefoot as the better choice if you don't find gender as a barrier.

6/17/2013 #8

Littleflight: Littlesplash is great!

Icefoot: Heh. I don't usually get that much. I would totally say Icewing, but Erin used. DX Let's see here. Icestep is cool. I might just use a hyphen to separate the two sounds.

6/17/2013 #9
Aryiroo

Hey! Here are my warriors names that need to be rated.

Minnowgaze - A slim, short-haired, gray tabby tom with mossy-green eyes. He is snappy and rude, and can be sarcastic. He is intelligent, and he is a medicine cat.

Cloverbreeze - A sleek, long-haired, very pale gray she-cat with green eyes. She is kind, and tries to do what's best for her Clanmates and Clan. She is swift, and a good hunter.

Featherstorm - A handsome, short-haired, pale gray tabby tom, with white paws/chest/tail-tip. He has brilliant blue eyes. He is clever, and tries to keep a good relationship with his Clanmates. He is also swift.

Sorrelcloud - A lithe, long-haired, ginger tabby tom. He has leaf-green eyes, and fluffy fur. He is kind, and likes to make his Clanmates laugh. He loves kits.

Rosewhisker - A sleek, slim, short-haired, ginger she-cat. She has yellow eyes. She is a good hunter. She can be a bit rude, but always tries to apologize. If you hurt her feelings, she won't talk to you for a while.

Volestep - An undersized, lithe, short-haired, brown she-cat. She has yellow eyes. She is a good hunter, and loves to put her skill to work. She isn't the type to have kits, and hopes she can be leader one day.

Ravenstrike - A tall, long-haired, black tom. He has amber eyes. He is cunning, and sly. He is a good fighter.

Mintnose - A small, short-haired, white tom. He has mossy-green eyes. He is rude, and thinks of himself as a gift from StarClan to the she-cats. He is snobby, as well.

Mossyfang - A lithe, long-haired, white-tortoiseshell she-cat. She has yellow eyes. She is very fierce, and ambitious.

Hope these are good names :3

6/17/2013 #10
R2-Ivy

Hello there!

Minnowgaze- Gaze isn't really a common suffix for a medicine cat, and Minnowgaze sends me an image of a cat with minnow eyes... Common medicine cat suffixes are Pool,leaf, you could even do feather or pelt/fur.

Cloverbreeze- The appearance fits in very well this this cat, as does the personality. Well done.

Featherstorm- I picture feather as a more feminine prefix, but either way works.I'm glad that you put white on your cat so he could have blue eyes. Thank you. Most people picture storm as a suffix for a cat who likes to fight. I would suggest using Featherwing, breeze, splash, or the regular pelt/ fur.

Sorrelcloud- Again, I picture Sorrel as more feminine, but whatever. The name works.

Rosewhisker- I see nothing worth pointing out in this cat- nicely done!

Volestep- A common name. Again, nothing worth pointing out. Well done!

Ravenstrike- Great job!

Mintnose- I don't care for the prefix mint. Nice job with the personality, but perhaps try cloud, white, snow, or ice for a prefix?

Mossyfang- It works fine.

6/17/2013 #11
Aryiroo

@Ivy

Minnowgaze - The suffix -gaze is used for intelligence. That's why I gave it to him.

Featherstorm - The suffix -storm isn't really used for a cat who likes to fight. Think of Whitestorm; he was calm and intelligent, I think swift? -storm is used for calm, or intelligent, or swift cats. I never really heard of the suffix -storm for fighting.

Mintnose - Yeah, I wasn't really liking the prefix, but I was like, what the heck! XD Cloudnose I like :L

6/17/2013 #12
R2-Ivy

Minnowgaze- I just didn't like the image -gaze- was giving me. I have never heard of using storm for intelligence....

Featherstorm- As I stated above, I have never heard that, but teach your own. Whitestorm was also a very good fighter, was he not?

Mintnose- I agree, Cloudnose is a good name.

6/17/2013 #13
xFallenSkyx

I have some names. :3

Rainwing A lean, long-legged, very short and fine furred, light gray tom with darker flecks covering his pelt and dark green eyes. This tom loves nothing more than to run and laugh. He's spirited, and highly energetic. He seemed to be enthusiastic about turning his mentor's muzzle white early when he was an apprentice. He's settled down since his apprentice days but not by much, and he loves to play with the apprentices. He has a hard time sitting still, and he'd much rather be outside of camp. He isn't the most mature or responsible cat, but he does know how to make other cats loosen up a bit. He's a fairly good hunter because of his speed.

Stormhawk- A tall, long-legged, lean but well-muscled, broad-shouldered, thick furred, dark, stormy gray tom. He has darker tabby stripes and a lighter colored belly. His right ear has a large, V-shaped cut in it, and a large scar runs through his flank. He has large, dark, fiery amber eyes that slowly fade into a yellow hue. His ears are large, starting off wider at the base and ending in a point. He's very vigilant, which makes him a rather good hunter. He can easily spot prey. He's quick and agile. Despite his somewhat intimidating appearance, he's a fairly nice cat. He's mellow and peaceful. When he's not running around and hunting, he likes to just hang around camp and relax. He has keen eyesight and often keeps an eye on what goes on in his Clan.

Cloudfeather- A long-furred, long-legged, slender, sleek, dainty-pawed, pure white tom with bright green eyes. He's gentle and sweet. He enjoys staying around camp and helping out where he can. He doesn't mind doing the tasks most cats don't enjoy like cleaning out dens. He's swift and agile.

Breezestorm- A tall, muscular, sturdy, compact, broad-shouldered, long-furred, dark, tortoiseshell she-cat with a white muzzle and chest and pale yellow eyes. She's strong-willed, calm, and wise. She's one to come to if you need advice. She's a rather good fighter, though she will only fight if she really needs to. She prefers talking things through.

Littlepool- A very undersized, short-furred, short-legged, lean, white tom with brown patches of fur and bright blue eyes. He's calm and fully devoted to healing his Clan. He believes fully in his ancestors and trusts in their judgement. He's intelligent and a quick learner.

6/17/2013 . Edited 6/17/2013 #14
La Lluvia Encantada

Rainwing: At first I thought this cat was a she-cat, but most of the alternate suffixes I managed to produce sounded even more feminine. Perhaps Rainleap? -leap produces more of a serious approach, though, so I think this name or Rainsplash are better choices.

Stormhawk: Okay, first off, I LOVE this name. I have used it several times. There is nothing wrong here; you picked the perfect suffix for this cat. Good job.

Cloudfeather: At first I thought, Man, that's a weird she-cat name. Then I read the description :P I am officially your fangirl, because I LOVE when -feather is used in tom names. So many times I was told that -feather was strictly a feminine suffix, but Jayfeather and Crowfeather are both toms. Good job.

Breezestorm: My first thought: Female Whitestorm. Which essentially means I love her, seeing as Whitestorm was my favorite character. The only thing I might warn you of is, when spoken aloud, the Z and S blend together. Most people read silently, so it won't hamper the name's effectiveness much.

Littlepool: A wonderful name, I like it very much.

Thank you for stopping by!

6/17/2013 #15
xFallenSkyx

Rainwing- Hm. Okay. Rainsplash sounds good too, but I like the sound of Rainwing. :3

Stormhawk- Thanks! ^^

Cloudfeather- xD Thank you. I do too, especially since I see it almost never used for them. Exactly my thoughts! It was used more for toms in the books. :3

Breezestorm- I love Whitestorm too. Okay. I'll keep that in mind. :3

Littlepool- Thanks.

6/17/2013 #16
xFallenSkyx

I have another name. :3

Shadefire- A lean, slim, average-sized, medium-furred, dark gray tom with darker tabby stripes. He has white socks of different lengths, a white muzzle and splash on his chest. His eyes are a pale, frosty blue. He's rather laid-back and goofy. He likes to joke around and doesn't take anything really seriously. He's playful. He's optimistic and great at cheering others up. He's a bit of a coward at times, though he's extremely loyal to his Clan and would do anything for them. He likes to make others laugh. He's not the most intelligent cat, and he often tries the most mouse-brained things.(I see -fire often used for cats with short tempers, but I really can't see a cat being named after what would probably be a flaw. :/ So, kind of thinking of Silverflame(from Yellowfang's Secret) here(since I can't think of any -fire cats xD), I'm seeing it as maybe for a good-natured cat who can 'brighten' a situation and is maybe playful)

6/17/2013 #17
La Lluvia Encantada

Shadefire: Generally I use -fire and -flame very differently. I know there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, and of course name-rating is all personal preference, so this is just me. I think -flame is for more mature but sometimes playful, affectionate, fun-loving cats while -fire highlights more ambitious cats, battle-hungry, and occasionally (like you said) short-tempered. But it's good to change things up every once in awhile. I personally love this name as a whole; it has a nice flow and good imagery. This is a nice character. I would very much like to read a story about him.

6/17/2013 #18
La Lluvia Encantada

A gentle bump on this topic.

6/24/2013 #19

Whitepaw: a white she-cat with splashes of silver on her face, ears, and back. She has long, ragged fur, blue-green eyes, and razor sharp teeth and claws. She isn't really afraid to say what she thinks, nor is she afraid to use her teeth and claws. She has trouble calming herself when she's angry. This is why she doesn't have very many friends. Most cats, including toms, are afraid of her. She tends to get what she wants, when she wants it.

Blackpaw: a pure black tom with amber eyes. He has very short fur and a muscular build. He's fairly sensitive for a tom, though he tries not to show it. He's a skilled fighter and not so good hunter. He tends to be quite sly and hates to be left in the dark about any important details that are spread. He loves his mate dearly and would die to protect his kits. Even more so, he'd die for his Clan too, but won't be as satisfying unless he knows that his family is safe.

Rowanpaw: a dark ginger tom with large pointed ears and short tufts. His eyes are light green, his fur is medium length, and his tail is stubbed. He can be quite stupid when he's boasting. That's actually how he got his tail clawed off; he teased a bear and made the mistake of playing "catch my tail if you can". He's the joker in the Clan, not really trying his hardest because he thinks he's the best. He does tend to offend most of his denmates and other friends that he made, although they don't care. Just as long as he's able to lighten the air with his jokes, they don't really mind him.

Russetpaw: a bright, light ginger she-cat with white paws, muzzle, and ears. She has beautiful blue eyes and long silky fur that barely every bristles at the heat of an argument. She's a calm and caring cat. She's usually the problem solver in the Clan. Most of her solutions to problems is to bap a cat in the back of the head with her strong paw. She's a skilled hunter and quite sly, but doesn't really like fighting too much. She's willing to fight for her Clan if they're attacked, but most of all she prefers to do the planning than the actual thing.

6/24/2013 #20

Whitepaw: a white she-cat with splashes of silver on her face, ears, and back. She has long, ragged fur, blue-green eyes, and razor sharp teeth and claws. She isn't really afraid to say what she thinks, nor is she afraid to use her teeth and claws. She has trouble calming herself when she's angry. This is why she doesn't have very many friends. Most cats, including toms, are afraid of her. She tends to get what she wants, when she wants it.

Blackpaw: a pure black tom with amber eyes. He has very short fur and a muscular build. He's fairly sensitive for a tom, though he tries not to show it. He's a skilled fighter and not so good hunter. He tends to be quite sly and hates to be left in the dark about any important details that are spread. He loves his mate dearly and would die to protect his kits. Even more so, he'd die for his Clan too, but won't be as satisfying unless he knows that his family is safe.

Rowanpaw: a dark ginger tom with large pointed ears and short tufts. His eyes are light green, his fur is medium length, and his tail is stubbed. He can be quite stupid when he's boasting. That's actually how he got his tail clawed off; he teased a bear and made the mistake of playing "catch my tail if you can". He's the joker in the Clan, not really trying his hardest because he thinks he's the best. He does tend to offend most of his denmates and other friends that he made, although they don't care. Just as long as he's able to lighten the air with his jokes, they don't really mind him.

Russetpaw: a bright, light ginger she-cat with white paws, muzzle, and ears. She has beautiful blue eyes and long silky fur that barely every bristles at the heat of an argument. She's a calm and caring cat. She's usually the problem solver in the Clan. Most of her solutions to problems is to bap a cat in the back of the head with her strong paw. She's a skilled hunter and quite sly, but doesn't really like fighting too much. She's willing to fight for her Clan if they're attacked, but most of all she prefers to do the planning than the actual thing.

6/24/2013 #21
La Lluvia Encantada

Whitepaw: Whiteblaze, Whitefire, Whitefang, or Whitethorn would be my suggestions. I am partial to Whitefire.

Blackpaw: Blackwhisker could highlight his sensitivity, but it is also typically used for hunters. Blackheart would go for loyalty, but I highly doubt you would want to name him that. Blackshadow and Blackshade both sound incredibly redundant, but they could work to highlight his slyness.

Rowanpaw: You could call him Rowantail for his lack of. Rowantuft would work for his ear tufts although I hate that suffix. Rowansplash might work; I usually picture -splash as an energetic, joking cat. Rowanlight and Rowanbright both sound incredibly feminine. Rowannose (ick, double consonants) could highlight his arrogance. Otherwise, Rowanpelt and Rowanfur are both great names.

Russetpaw: Russetstorm sounds a little masculine, but it could work. It would highlight her intelligence and calmness. I'm currently having name-block -_- so I can't think of many good ones. Russetwing is rather pretty, although I don't see where it could tie into her character. Russetheart, perhaps? I'm pretty much at a loss for this one.

6/24/2013 #22

I like Whitefire. As for Blackpaw, I was thinking Blackstorm, what you think? I love rowansplash And Russetwing!

6/24/2013 #23
La Lluvia Encantada

Yes, Blackstorm is a very nice name. :)

6/24/2013 #24

:3

6/24/2013 #25
Apollo's Child

Tanglepool (WindClan Medicine Cat)

Physical Description:

-Tons of different colour stripes all over body

-Large blue eyes

-Short fur, mainly brown but the different stripes change it to a more gray-ish colour.

Personality:

-Devoted to healing cats, but does dream about being a warrior

-Playful

-Loyal

6/25/2013 #26
La Lluvia Encantada

I'm in a horrible mood right now, so I'm really sorry if this is too harsh.

Tanglepool: I strongly dislike the prefix Tangle-. Stripe-, Striped-, Gray-, Storm-, Vine-, or many more prefixes could work in its place. The description is pretty unrealistic. Overall, the flow of the name is poor. If you simply must have that prefix, possible suffixes could be -splash, -heart, -leaf (be careful here, -leaf is extremely common for medicine cats), -leap, -spring, or the simple -pelt or -fur.

6/25/2013 #27
xFallenSkyx

Thanks for rating Shadefire! :3

6/25/2013 #28
Apollo's Child

Thanks, I just got that name from the warrior website where you can create a warrior name by putting your name and city in, so it wasn't that good of a name. The description...well, yeah, it was unrealistic

Scratch that- I have seen cats with that description. Blue eyes, maybe not, but the rest, yep.

6/25/2013 . Edited 6/25/2013 #29
Apollo's Child

What about this name (from a name generator):

Silverbreeze-Basically looks like Silverstream of RiverClan, personality is mysterious.

6/25/2013 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Waterpelt
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member