Meg's Forum
A place for Family Guy fans to discuss Meg.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Ander Arias

Do you think that Lois treats Meg good or bad?

I ask this because in many episodes treats her good(for example, "fish out of water" and "And the Wiener Is..." )but in other episdes she bash her like the rest of the characters. Is Lois a good mother or a mean one?

5/7/2008 #1
loessar

Don't forget in Lets' Go to the Hop, she was a good mother to Meg by giving meg her party dress and confort her. She was a good mother in the first 3 years but she morphed into a mean one when the show returned. For now I would have to say she is a mean one. I hope that she would go back into being a good mother because I think that there is still a relationship between them. I also hated it when she mumbled I love you honey when meg poured her heart to her in Peters' daughter and blamed Meg for ruining her chances for being in the olympics when she was pregnant with Meg. This made me mad and this is why I hate her. I hope that the writers will bring back the old Lois and work on the Lois and Meg relationship. There is potential. Fish out of water was my favorite and there was chemistry between them. there should be more episodes like that.

5/7/2008 #2
indonitrus

Lois is a bad character all together. In the later seasons, all she does is yell and have sex with Peter...wait a minute...all she does is yell and has sex with her obese, idiotic husband? Sounds a lot like my mother.

12/10/2008 #3
BubblyShell22

Yes, I hope they work on the relationship between Lois and Meg, too.

6/6/2009 #4
aldovas

It wasn't Meg's fault! It was LOIS and Peter fault!

THEY! AND THEIR SEX ADICCTION!

9/7/2009 #5
Rocket6923

I think if Lois is to be considered a good mother, then she should be a good mother consistently. I do plan on addressing the relationship Lois has with Meg in my story. However, it will focus on Lois a lot more than Meg.

9/28/2009 #6
aldovas

Unfortunately in my fanfic...she's gonna be her enemy...

10/8/2009 #7
RealWarpet

well i have to say shes a bad parent but when compared to peter she looks like a freakin saint but think of it if meg was stewie in the episode were stewie killed louis thing would she have killed meg or would peter have done it *terrible father*

10/11/2009 #8
aldovas

Well, in my fic. Lois's and Meg's mother-daughter relationship begun to getting bad when Peter begins to treat better to Meg and treat bad to Lois. She even thinks there's going to be an i*** relationship between Peter and Meg. Another damage of that relationship is when Lois met Meg's current boyfriend: Eddie, she can't trust him because he was Meg's bully in the elementary school. She will start hanging on with Chris only to make jealous to Peter. But at the end, Meg and Lois are gonna face off in an epic fight...

10/21/2009 #9
On Soaring Wings

Lois has every right to treet Meg like s***, given Meg caused Stewie to be taken away by child services in "Love Thy Trophy."

10/24/2009 #10
aldovas

That was a LONG time ago...as 10 years ago...

10/24/2009 #11
On Soaring Wings

Actually in Family Guy time it's only been 1 or 2 years.

10/24/2009 #12
Rocket6923

On Soaring Wings, I have to strongly disagree with you on that. Firstly, this was mostly the fault of the woman from child services. Think about it. The woman was in the pancake shop and believed what she heard about Stewie. Had she done the proper research on Stewie, she would have discovered that Peter and Lois were Stewie's real parents, not Meg and some unknown guy. And no, going around and asking the neighbors about the Griffins does not count as proper research. She then would have discovered that the stories she heard about Stewie being a crack-addicted baby who eats dog food were completely false. Thus Stewie never would have been taken away in the first place. The incompetence of the woman from child services was more of a factor than Meg's lies.

And yes, it was wrong of Meg to lie about Stewie. But hasn't everybody done something selfish before that ultimately lead to some misfortune? And she had no way of knowing that lying would ultimately result in Stewie being taken away by child services. She was only 16 at the time and therefore probably did not understand the consequences of lying. While Meg may have acted selfishly, her actions were not unforgivable. So I don't think that the incident in "Love Thy Trophy" gives Lois the right to treat Meg like crap.

10/25/2009 #13
Ander Arias

If we take into account all the bad actions every character had done in every episode, Lois wouldn't be married to Peter anymore.

10/25/2009 #14
indonitrus

On Soaring Wings, I have to strongly disagree with you on that. Firstly, this was mostly the fault of the woman from child services. Think about it. The woman was in the pancake shop and believed what she heard about Stewie. Had she done the proper research on Stewie, she would have discovered that Peter and Lois were Stewie's real parents, not Meg and some unknown guy. And no, going around and asking the neighbors about the Griffins does not count as proper research. She then would have discovered that the stories she heard about Stewie being a crack-addicted baby who eats dog food were completely false. Thus Stewie never would have been taken away in the first place. The incompetence of the woman from child services was more of a factor than Meg's lies.

This is Social Services we're talking about. Since when have they ever done their job properly? I have had first hand experience with social services and I know that most of the social workers there are a bunch of cocky, self righteous b*** who wouldn't know what's good for a child if it came up and bit them on the a**. As far as I'm concerned, Seth nailed accuracy on that social worker in Love Thy Trophy.

10/25/2009 #15
aldovas

Anyway, The Meg and Lois fight won't be happen until the second season finale of my fic. So you're gonna have to wait a LONG time...

10/25/2009 #16
Rocket6923

I really like the way Lois treats Meg in Fish Out of Water. When she was depressed about not going on a spring break, Lois tried to come up with ways to cheer her up. I think Lois starts by taking her to a spa. Then she takes her to the spring break destination. In this episode it was clear that she wanted her daughter to be happy and not to mope. It was especially clear when she took her up on stage and wanted her to start dancing. The entire crowd was chanting "Lois" but Lois was chanting "Meg." (BTW I thought Lois looked really stunning when she danced on stage!) The only time she mistreated her in this episode was when she ditched her at the bar. But she apologized to Meg for this in the car on the way home. So she was a good mother for making a sincere effort to make her daughter happy.

I also like the way Lois treats Meg in the episode And the Weiner Is... We see that she was really angry when Meg got pelted with meat. I actually had my own idea in which Meg and Lois would bond and get back at the punks, only this time Meg would not back out on the plan.

The only time in season 3 I recall Lois being mean to Meg was when she read in her diary. But that's pretty mild compared to some of the other things she did to her in later seasons.

3/15/2010 #17
aldovas

I think Meg and Lois mother-daughter relationship is getting broken. I mean in the episode 'Go, Stewie, Go', Lois stole Meg's boyfriend Anthony just because Peter called her old and unattractive. That's another reason that why I hate Lois, because she could be a bad mother sometimes.

3/16/2010 #18
vasglorious

I thought Lois making out with Meg's boyfriend was the ultimate betral, this dose put a large dent in their mother/daughter relationship. It's bad enough she read her diary, talks down on her, and doesn't make her feel better (anymore), but this was just a low blow.

3/17/2010 #19
Rocket6923

This episode really wasn't that good. When Lois confronted Meg, she said something like "Well I do have a few things you don't." I don't remember exactly what she said, but it was almost as if she was more concerned about besting Meg than showing remorse. However, I wasn't really bothered by the fact that Lois made out with Meg's boyfriend because I don't really count anything that happens beyond season 7. What bothered me was the terrible plot and the fact that there is hardly any interaction between the two after the incident.

3/18/2010 #20
aldovas

As I said before, I REALLY hate Lois! I'm thinking in making a fan club Anti-Lois, talking bad about her like that she's a bad mother, a s***, a b***, etc. God, but she's so hot that it's just unbelievable that I hate her...

3/18/2010 #21
loessar

Meg pulled out her tooth and told Lois to back off. It proved that Meg still has some backbone in her. I hate Lois for what she did too and I'm glad that Meg stood up to her.

3/18/2010 #22
vasglorious

Not only is Lois a bad mother, but unfaithful to Peter as well, (but that not an issue to me because... well it's Peter) but she's just really more eye candy for the FG fan boys anyway.

3/20/2010 #23
aldovas

And do you know what's ironic? Their Voice Actresses: Alex Borstein (Lois's voice) isn't so attractive, in fact, she's fat. While Mila Kunis (Meg's voice) is very sexy. Another paradox between the real life and the cartoons.

3/21/2010 #24
Rkerekes13

But you know the worst thing that sorta broke the mother-daughter relationship between Lois and Meg, in "Dial Meg For Murder", after Brian told Peter and Lois about Meg and Luke, Lois got all b*tchy and pi$$y with Meg and forbade her from seeing Luke again. How could Lois be so unsympathetic and smash all of Meg's dreams to pieces? I think Lois is being an inhuman monster!!!!

3/29/2010 . Edited 3/29/2010 #25
aldovas

That's what I'm telling, there should be a community Anti-Lois, where everybody hates Lois and make stories where Lois is bashed instead Meg or the villain. Maybe she's hot and smart, but that's not excuse for being such an unrasonable b*tch.

3/29/2010 #26
Rkerekes13

Or better yet, write a story in which Lois apologizes for being a b*tch to Meg, especially about her (Meg) and Luke.

Oh, and, referring to my previous comment, don't any of y'all give me that weak crap: "She was just doing her duty as a parent to get through to Meg about what kind of fire she's playing with seeing a convict". If Lois were to be a better parent, she would have understood the true intentions for Luke robbing a convenience store just so he could help his mom (though I don't know if Luke's mom would actually appreciate that), even assume that he had learned a lesson while in prison. Of course, that's just my opinion. What would Grandpa Joe say?

GRANDPA JOE: (to Lois) You're a c*nt! You're a sl*t and a hypocrite! That's what you are! How can you do a thing like this?! Be a female dog to your own daughter and smash all her dreams to pieces! YOU'RE AN INHUMAN B*TCH!!!!

What do you think of that?

3/29/2010 . Edited 10/14/2010 #27
indonitrus

Wow, it's like I'm watching a horror movie experiment gone horribly wrong.

3/30/2010 #28
Rkerekes13

Is that good or bad?

3/30/2010 #29
indonitrus

In the immortal words of a Seinfeld Bit Character

Very very very very very bad.

3/30/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Jemascola
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member