The SVU pairings forum
A forum for all shippers of anything.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Barbarossa Rotbart

It is really sad, that most stories have EO as romantic pairing, a pairing I consider completely overrated. I'm more a AO-shipper. But this should not about this pairing either.

No, this should be about other uncommon pairings, het and (fem)slash.

I really like to read about Kathy/Olivia (= KO). This could start as EO which turns into KO.

12/9/2010 #1
Rayleighn

I am personally a AO person too, but I have this growing love for the idea of Dana/Olivia. Dana is really a scary person but I feel like the passion between her and liv would just be WOW

12/10/2010 #2
Bucken-Berry

I LOVE K/O, and I LOVE G/E. 3

12/11/2010 #3
Barbarossa Rotbart

Sorry, but somehow I doubt that G/E will work.

Eliott/Dani Beck was pairing which they should have explored in the show.

12/11/2010 #4
Bucken-Berry

Not in the show, maybe. But I really doubt that Elliot is straight. He is, at the very least, bi. G/E is my OTP, even if it is just in FF land- it just works for me. YMMV though, which is why everyone writes differently.

I write Elliot/Dani- two ficlets thus far. The flames make for some good s'mores.

12/11/2010 #5
BrennaHelquist

I agree that E/O is very overdone, even though they are cute. But I think the strong bond they have as partners shouldn't be broken. I am more of a E/C and C/O shipper myself though.

11/21/2011 #6
Michael2

How about an M/O pairing? (Michael Cutter and Olivia Benson)?

11/21/2011 #7
Barbarossa Rotbart

That won't work.

11/21/2011 #8
Bucken-Berry

I like the idea, but I don't think it would work on the show. But then again, no ship except E/K and maybe Munch/Amy would work on the show anyway. That's why we're writing fanfic! So yes for M/O fic, no for canon M/O. :)

11/21/2011 #9
Barbarossa Rotbart

You've forgotten A/O, which also worked on the show l they 'killed' Alex.

11/22/2011 #10
Bucken-Berry

I love A/O, I really do, but it just wouldn't work in canon. They could be very close, but I just don't think TPTB could pull it off. MAYBE a Greg/Sara style offhand mention that they've been together for a long time, but that's about it.

11/22/2011 #11
Barbarossa Rotbart

It was really there. Very subtil but if they had a little more courage they would have showed use more than just hints. BTW we only learned Southerlyn's last scene that she is gay. And Huang's coming out did also take years.

11/22/2011 #12
Bucken-Berry

Trust me, I know. A/O is my femmeslash OTP for this show and it's my third favorite ship overall. (Two guesses what my first favorite is. XD and my second favorite is George/Original Male Character). I wish it could have happened, and ended up as tastefully done as George's coming out (Serena's, on the other hand, was not done well AT ALL), but I would rather it not happen at all than it be subject to the butchering TPTB would inevitably cause.

11/22/2011 #13
SexySilk

I had to log in just to reply to this. One I am a h*** E/O shipper but there is no E any more so that will never happen but Elliot... I don't think he is gay. One: he would not leave Kathy for Olivia so I higly doubt he will leave his wife for another man. And people say that it would be wrong for Olivia and Elliot to have an affiar it would be just as wrong for him to leave his family for George! Not because that George is gay, but because ripping apart a family is wrong. Just...no Elliot would not. And I higly doubt that the writers give a s*** what we want so even if the entire cast came back nobody would be happy except for E/k fans and Livid fans, if he stays on.

4/14/2012 #14
Bucken-Berry

I don't think Elliot is gay either. I think he's bisexual.

As for whether he would leave for another man, well, that's dependent on what you think his sexuality is. If you think Elliot's a Kinsey-1, well, you aren't going to be very openminded about Elliot/male ships. If you think Elliot is a repressed bisexual (or alternatively, has accepted that he is bisexual but is simply happy with Kathy, the explanation I use in most of my G/E fics), well, then it makes perfect sense.

And it wouldn't be ripping the family apart if he got with someone else. If he and Kathy truly reached a point where they were done... Elliot would realize it. He would fight it for a little while and try to piece the broken vase together with duct tape, but eventually he'd realize he would be okay in moving on.

And finally, yes, I know. They like having their characters a certain way. That is why ALL our fanfiction stories, except E/K, are AU. E/O is every bit as implausible as G/E and A/O and all the others. Some write their AUs closer to canon than others. Some use the tools Dic k Wolf lends us more carefully than others. I use them mostly for fun and for exploration. Others use them for more serious reasons. What does it matter?

4/14/2012 . Edited 7/18/2012 #15
Forum Moderators: Kelly of the midnight dawn
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member