Whatever Happened to Originality: REBORN!
A forum on the internet.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
The Full Neko Alchemist
Formerly posted on fanficrants, you can read it here in all it's na no nae glory! Ladies and gentlemen and badfic writers, this ( is Chronos De Medici. He is one of the most cracked-up comedic characters in Yu-Gi-Oh GX. What he is not is one of the following. Say it after me. Chronos is not: 1 - a child molester. 2 - an idiot. 3 - a coward or overly self-centered. 4 - a disbelieving oaf. 5 - gay just because of his appearance. 6 - a woman. 7 - planning to kill Judai and dump his body in the harbour. 8 - a bad man. This is the man who duelled one of the Seven Stars in order to protect the Academy and its students and lost. Chronos is awesome and likeable, and he's ITALIAN! Show him some respect.
7/6/2006 #1
Qu-ko
Sadly, the fandom is made up of mostly: A) idiots B) prepubescent kids So chances are no one's going to listen. They'll probably just go "OMG NO I HATE CROWLER AND HE NEEDS TO DIE" at you if you try to tell them they're being stupid by bashing a character who is just as respectable as Juudai or Manjoume.
7/7/2006 #2
The Full Neko Alchemist
Ahh, that's why I love episode 92. It gives nice canon evidence that Judai and the academia respect Chronos. * wits for 4kids to screw that episode up *
7/11/2006 #3
THIboxNK
I hope you're right and it really was 4Kids that screwed up YGO GX, or it is a very sad way to carry on the YGO legend... But still... just a quesiton.... the whole Crowler/Chronos person having a PHD in dueling was made up by the dub, right? Because if not... oh lord...
8/24/2006 #4
Vannessa Hillstead
Sadly, the dub seems to focus on number three of your list, SLythrin. They've convinced my brother (who is at the age they target it at) the he's an evil man that wants to use everyone for his own purposes. The second season just started airing, so I decided to ask him his opinion on Crowler... apparently Crowler still wants to expel Jaden... stuff like this makes me want the original.
8/25/2006 #5
Phantom-Heba

I think Crower is pretty cool,it was funny too see his attempts to expel Judai.Mostly i thought it was cool how he defended the students like the time with the seven stars and when they had to go to the tennis courts,oh esspecially the time when he defended the Slifer dorm.

10/15/2010 #6
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

Awww, man are you kidding me? OMGIHATECROWLERHE'SSUCHADOUCHEHENEEDSTODIE.

Not bloody likely. Crowler is awesome! He cares so much for his students and even for Jaden/Judai! (Okay, not so much in the beginning, but as the season progresses you see it) Whenever I write him I make it so that he acts as if he doesn't like Jaden/Judai but secretly he feels like an older father figure.

Is that bad? =/

4/4/2012 #7
TechnicolorNina

So first of all I've seen your name 2-3 times now, so hi (if the site accepted my emoticons, you would have a happy kitty face here, but it doesn't, so you get parentheses).

Second of all, I don't think so. I jumped into GX right in the middle (beginning of S3), so YMMV, but the general impression I got is that he's a teeny bit of an idiot who drops the silly facade and can step up to what's necessary when the chips are down. All by himself with nobody else to help him he is a little bit of a coward, but the key phrase there is "little bit," just like Johan's a little bit gullible and Asuka's a little bit of a softie. It's one of the contrasting facets of his character that makes him more than one-dimensional.

4/4/2012 #8
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

Makes hima round character. Makes sense. He actually reminds me of Pegasus. :)

I accept your kitty face and send you back a smile. :) Thank you for the welcome. I've been here for almost two years and this is the first time I've ventured into forums. I normally stayed away because I heard rumors that they weren't exactly nice. You people are quite nice though!

4/4/2012 #9
Qu-ko

Typically, I like to think we're nice when others are nice back. The forum's been pretty dead, though, so I can't complain about any excuse for activity, hehe.

But yeah, hi! I was surprised to see new notifs in my inbox for these threads, but like I said, no complaints on my end.

(Really, I'll admit to having been more of a bitch than was probably necessary in years past, but now I generally reserve that for people who come in more or less trying to provoke people. It has happened before. And I think a lot of people tend to confuse "honesty not sugarcoated and no punches pulled" with "OMG YOU ARE SO MEAN YOU INTERNET BULLY HDU" because they've been exclusively asspatted and sheltered from learning how to cope most of their life. :|a)

4/4/2012 #10
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! That seriously made me laugh because I know SO many people on here that are like that...the worst part is they're like leeches and you can't get them off.

I prefer honesty, and not sugarcoated crap that'll make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Fanfiction isn't for that. If you had the balls to put something on here, you better have the balls to accept concrit when it's due. I'm not here to pick fights and I don't tolerate fights in my own forum. (My friend forced me to make it. le sigh)

4/4/2012 #11
TechnicolorNina

Excuse me, is that my ring on your hand?

I THINK IT IS WE ARE MARRIED NAO. :-DDDDD

All joking aside, thank you so very fucking much this is my philosophy in a box. Er, forum post. But "in a box" sounds so much cooler.

4/4/2012 #12
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

*admires ring* It's very pretty. I prefer pearls over diamonds anyday.

Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who believes that. I try to be as nice as possible when reviewing, but I really don't care what people think of me. I'm fifteen and on the internet, so I've got to have thick skin. If people think I'm a fucking douchebag because I told them their spelling and grammar sucks, I really do not care. And that's why I don't get mad when people tell what I write kinda sucks. I just take it to heart and use it to write better.

4/4/2012 #13
TechnicolorNina

Either you are the most amazing troll ever and I don't care because you give me hope, or you are the most amazing 15-year-old I have met in a long time and I want to pet you and shower you with glitter and puppies.

4/4/2012 #14
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

I AM THE MOST AMAZING TROLL EVER.

I may put that on my profile. Huh. XD

I like glitter! Can it be kittens instead?

4/4/2012 #15
TechnicolorNina

IT CAN BE VERY FLUFFY KITTENS WITH WIDE EYES AND ADORABLE EARS. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SCOTTISH FOLDS AND RAGDOLLS.

4/4/2012 #16
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

What are scottish folds and ragdolls? YAY FOR KITTENS!!

(I think we may have gotten off topic here...)

4/4/2012 #17
TechnicolorNina

gaetrhuidfkj;aerdtfuiahjkdf

Scottish Fold:

Ragdoll:

4/4/2012 #18
Qu-ko

They're breeds of cats. Google image search them. You will like what you see, I guarantee you.

Pfft, there's basically no such thing as topic enforcement in this forum, in the sense that conversation derails a lot. It's just a discussion forum, no matter what that discussion starts off about or turns into later on. |D

EDIT: Or Nina can beat me to it, that works too.

4/4/2012 . Edited 4/4/2012 #19
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

I literally looked at your links and went "D'AWWWWWWWWW!" as loud as I possible could. THOSE EYES!

TROLOLOLO well, good. I didn't want to be the person to get us both kicked out for getting off topic. XD

4/4/2012 #20
TechnicolorNina

I love you, Qu. So very, very much. You just made me laugh out loud in real life hard enough that I am getting quite the death glare from the dog in my lap for being noisy.

4/4/2012 #21
TechnicolorNina

I love you, Qu. So very, very much. You just made me laugh out loud in real life hard enough that I am getting quite the death glare from the dog in my lap for being noisy.

4/4/2012 #22
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

Ahhh well I try. That's what I'm here for...I think... :D Thank youuuu.

4/4/2012 #23
Qu-ko

Ehhh? What did I say...?

But yeah, since we seem to be in two topics at once, I'll just drag one conversation over here: you can PM me or hit me up elsewhere if you want, too. I love making new friends, and I'm not nearly the raging hormonal bitch I was a few years ago. And I mean, you've passed the preliminary test, so that's a good sign? XD

I have Tumblr, Plurk, Dreamwidth, AIM, MSN, Skype... any of these appeal to you?

4/4/2012 #24
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

Ehhhh...no. You can have my yahoo though! LULZI'MSOCOOL.

I also can be reached at .

=/ I was a huge fan of D-Generation-X when I was thirteen. So shoot me.

4/4/2012 #25
Qu-ko

FFnet filters out emails, sadly. ;; I don't have a Yahoo account, either.

4/4/2012 #26
LizzyLizzyInATizzy

Fuck it, just PM me and I'll give it out.

4/4/2012 #27
Forum Moderators: Qu-ko
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member