The Curse of Noble Blood
The life of a Noble has responsibility, but it never leaves you wanting. Everyone wants to be in your shoes. But what happens when others like you want more? ...Only time will tell who lives and who dies. Mafia games with characters centered around noble blood.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
AsteriaKimeNymar

1. Be respectful to others. You don't know what's going on with them, so don't potentially make things worse.

2. Don't share your profile with anyone, and keep talk outside the game to a minimum. That's what the game's for.

3. Signing up means commitment. So try to post at least a few times per day phase, unless there's a reason for the absence.

4. You can't change your words in real life, so only edit posts to add words or fix spelling or grammer.

5. I would rather you didn't copy and paste profiles, unless there's no other way you can explain them. Still, please ask me before doing so.

Any other general rules of Mafia playing are also in effect.

To show you've read the rules, on Day One post you're favorite noble/royal character and what they're from.

1/18/2016 . Edited 7/13/2016 #1
AsteriaKimeNymar

RP RULES

Days

Days will begin on Mondays at 12:00 AM EST and end on Fridays at 2:00 PM EST. Night phase will last the remainder of the week. This is only because of my work schedule; on Friday evenings and most of the day Sundays I will be all but absolutely unavailable to talk. This way, no one will have to sit around waiting for me to respond or update anything. It also gives killing teams and any other Night roles plenty of time to fully flesh out their actions.

Regarding the Night Phase, I have to ask that some Town Night actions (I'll let you know if you're one of those people when I send your role) be sent to me by sometime Saturday night. It isn't the end of the world if I get them on Sunday. I simply ask so that killing teams are aware soon enough if there's anything important that is supposed to possibly affect their plans. If I get them, say, four hours before the end of the Night, THEN there may be a chance of them being ignored, unless there's a good reason why they're so late.

Items

Items will be randomly scattered around the various rooms of the manor where the game is taking place. They won't necessarily make sense for the room they're found in; they're not always supposed to. A specific number of items total will be available in any given Day; this number resets and maybe even changes every Day. Each item will correspond to a specific ability, and so some items will be much easier or harder to find than others.

If you find an item through searching, you'll be sent a PM of the item and asked if you would like to take it. You can only carry one item at a time, and once you use an item, you will no longer be able to find one that Day, no matter how much searching you do (so if you keep doing it anyways, I'm just going to ignore you). If you find an item, and you're already carrying one, you can switch them out, and the one you drop will go to a random place in the manor. So you won't be able to drop it and come back later if you happen to change your mind; you'll have to search again and hope someone else didn't pick it up. I'm currently debating on whether or not I will post when all items have been found. You can also drop your item at any time, if you wish. If you do so in this way, you can choose which room it goes to, but not where in said room (as there may be an item already there, and it would be revealed in doing so). If I say when there aren't any left, I would also need to reveal that there is an item again, so...

Voting

Votes will be cast in one specific room. Still figuring out which one... Since the days run on a set schedule, majority will operate in a slightly different way than normal. As in, it doesn't mean a majority of players, but a majority of votes cast. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the Day is lynched. Debating on whether or not there should be a minimum. For Days One and Two, there will be a No Lynch option; for Day Three and onwards, this will be replaced with a Random Lynch option. These will be defaulted to in the case that no one votes. Or there's less than the minimum if I have one. In the case of ties, the lynchee will be randomized among the players with majority.

NPCs

By NPCs, I mean the characters who came with your main character to the manor. You will still be able to RP with them, just as your main character; they just will not have an alignment in the actual game and cannot pick up or use items. They can still interact with the manor, however. I just suppose it would be more worth it to go through more important events with your main than anyone else.

NPCs can and will die, just like main characters. They will not affect the ratio, however; their deaths will be purely for RP purposes. These can be through murders, or through...'accidents'...that occur in the manor. I'm warning you ahead of time, so don't be too upset if they seemingly randomly fall into a bottomless pit or catch on fire...though don't worry. Nothing like this will befall your mains. They'll be saved for the Mafia...

Murders

Killing teams will have the entirety of the Night Phase to plan out their murders: victims, methods, locations, etc. There can be multiple victims, but only one of them can be a main character in the actual game. You can theoretically kill as many NPCs as you want, but that doesn't mean you can go on some crazy killing spree – make it make sense in the context of the game.

The murders have to be able to in some way point to at least one of the members on the team. It doesn't have to be ridiculously obvious, like a 'Hey, this is so-and-so's weapon, so it has to be them' type of thing. It just has to make sense for the team, and not be impossible to figure out eventually, even if that eventually is a Day or two later.

Debating on whether or not to tell them when their target is protected, because not doing so would mess with the RP aspect if one of the victims is randomly not there because they were protected.

IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN HANDLE THE ASPECTS OF PLANNING OUT THE MURDERS, SEND ME A PM BEFORE I SEND OUT ALIGNMENTS, AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT ON ONE OF THE KILLING TEAMS. HOWEVER, IF I AM TOLD TOO LATE, OR IT IS PUT INTO A POST INSTEAD OF A PM, I WILL IGNORE YOU, EVEN IF YOU DELETE THE POST AND/OR SEND ME A PM AFTERWARDS.

Dying

Don't go away just because your main character dies. You can still RP with any of your other characters that still live, and all of your characters can still play a part in the RP in their ghostly forms...you just can no longer reveal game information unless in specific circumstances.

MAKE SURE YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES; IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, JUST ASK ME, AND I'LL CLARIFY. I WILL FRANKLY BE VERY UPSET IF SOMEONE BREAKS RULES BECUASE THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND AND DIDN'T ASK, OR STRAIGHT UP DIDN'T FEEL BOTHERED TO READ IT AT ALL.

9/8/2017 #2
Forum Moderators: AsteriaKimeNymar
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member