Credit to the first people to tell us here of this work-around goes to Effiron and Slashguy, who built off of each other's ideas.
Hi, people of Fanfiction. While the issue has not yet been fixed and FF Support hasn't replied to our numerous reports, there IS a way to still update stories:
TO UPDATE AN EXISTING STORY
1. Login and go to 'My Stories' page as usual
2. Click in the story you wish to update
3. The error will come up as usual, with an address like this displayed: http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story_edit_property.php?storyid=[series of numbers]
4. While on that page, simply go to your address bar and replace 'property' with 'content'. Change nothing else.
6. Your address bar should now look like this: http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story_edit_content.php?storyid=[series of numbers]
7. You should now be able to update your stories normally.
This is currently the only way to update stories in the larger fandoms, which are the only ones affected by this bug.
TO POST A NEW STORY
1. Post the story like normal in a category that is working--pick a random one that is small.
2. Go to My Stories, click on the story, and edit the category in Properties.
3. Click Submit. You will get an error message; don't worry about it. It has changed.
It should be noted that you cannot change the character filters after this until the problem has been fixed. Please be patient. If you have questions, please refer to the links in the next post.
Please do not post any more new threads on this topic. I will delete them without warning. Use the older threads.3/22/2011 . Edited by Kitsune no Tora, 3/23/2011 #1
|Kitsune no Tora
DO NOT HAVE A FIT IF THE STAFF DO NOT REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS. TRUST ME, THEY'RE GETTING THEM. BUT THE SHEER NUMBER OF EMAILS PREVENTS THEM FROM RESPONDING FROM EVERY SINGLE ONE. You will not get a response. This is normal.
If you want to discuss the work around, go here:
If you want to discuss the error, go here:
Edit: Actually, I changed my mind. I'll sticky this thread and change it a bit.3/22/2011 . Edited 3/29/2011 #2
|Kitsune no Tora
Current known errors:
Fanfiction Error Type 2 has been preventing users from updating their stories and creating new ones in select fandoms with over 5,000 fanfics in the archive and all fandoms with more than 15,000 since March 18th at earliest reported. RESOLVED MARCH 31ST.
Search function has been acting up since January and went down officially around March 21st. RESOLVED MARCH 30TH.
Beta Readers browsing has been affected by the Fanfiction Error Type 1 and first reported as so around the 24th. RESOLVED MARCH 30TH.
Now that this issue has been resolved, I'll be unpinning this thread, but it'll remain locked.3/29/2011 . Edited 3/31/2011 #3
|Forum Moderators: Benjamin Bradt Kitsune no Tora|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|