Fanfic Help Desk
Got a technical problem that confuses the deuce out of you? Need to flesh out the details on an OC? Need some ideas on where to take a story? This is the easiest way to find whatever kind of assistance you need! Come on in!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
misomilk

Good day. For the past two days I've been trying to access my Settings page, but once I input my email address and password, I am led to the error message page:

FanFiction.Net Error Type 2

An error has occurred while processing your request. Please email this error message to via . All errors are logged for administrative and security purposes.

:70 /account/settings.php 2012-09-20 09:20:36

I'm sure I get logged in because when I access my profile, I can see my username on the upper right screen like usual. But, once I click on my username to see the user menu/Settings page, I get the above error message again.

I've already Googled "Error Type 2" and found out about the March 18-30, 2011 problem, but this problem and that problem are quite different. Last time, you just couldn't access the stories properly in the Settings page. But for my problem, I cannot access the Settings page itself. At all. Let me just say that I tried the fixes in this post, but I get a message that Firefox/Chrome can't find FanFiction.net.

I've checked for updated Java and Flash, and mine are up to date. I've cleared my Cache/Cookies, as well. But there's still no change, and I keep getting the error message. Does anyone know why this is? Or if there's a solution? I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem. :(

I'm partially guessing this is really just a server problem that's taking longer than usual (it's been more than 2 days by now). But if no one else experiences this, then I'm quite scared that my account might have a bug or something. DD:

Thank you in advance for any help!

9/20/2012 . Edited 9/20/2012 #1
Hippothestrowl

Others have reported this problem so you're not alone.

Try a direct link as a workaround. You'll have to copy and paste into your address bar the first time - then you can bookmark (favorite) them.

9/20/2012 #2
misomilk

Thank you for the reply!

And I just checked. Seems the menu's back. :)

9/20/2012 #3
Forum Moderators: Armchair Professor Kitsune no Tora
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member