who should sora be paired up with?
Who should sora be paired up with?leonyurilaylarosettaothers?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
SP777
Right now, there are two men she could be paired up with...Ken & Leon. But, if she was to be paired up with someone for a LONG term relationship, then the choice is Leon. Why him? Why not Ken, you say? Well, let's talk about Ken first. First, why is it the female lead HAS to be paired up with the FIRST male she sees? Who's to say that he can't be just 'the friend'. In a situation with Ken, if they were to date, it would be sweet, it would be charming & it would be boring. Yes, they would care for one another, but such a relationship would be luke-warm and it would fizzle out when all is said and done. There would be no pizzazz/spark and with Sora's ambitions to create a better Kaleido Stage, he would slowly be left behind and though this situation applies to them at age 16 or 17, it applies to them as they get older, also. Plus, the thing that bothers me about Ken is...no backbone. Yes, that is harsh, but Ken has had PLENTY of time to tell Sora how he feels and turns into a complete 'nerd' when he gets around her and when the time DOES come to go into action, he COMPLETELY messes up his chance or doesn't know what to say. Sweet & charming, yes...but makes you shake your head at the hopelessness of it all. Now, about Leon. There are two sides to his story and we were only privy to one aspect of it. I always had the feeling there was more to him when I first saw him and felt him to be a very interesting character in the anime more than any other character. We have to remember Leon was a young man who was laid-back, easy-going & had a smile ready to show...but, had learned to put on an impenetrable mask for the sake of his sister, then kept it on to keep his pain inside when she died, to the point it was all he knew, until he came across a young woman named Sora. Why should Leon be the one to be paired with Sora? Sora would bring out the best in Leon and he would bring out the best in her... She could bring laughter in his life, He could help her see through serious situations...She could help him learn to have fun performing, He could help bring her talents to another level that has YET to be done since she got there. She would bring a LOT of love in the relationship, He would bring fire & passion and she would definitely be the focus of his attention since it would be his first serious relationship. I realized watching the anime these two have a few things in common, the one thing that stands out is that they were both orphaned at a young age {I bet most of you never thought of that.. :-)}. If these two ever had a heart-to-heart talk, they would realize what they have in common and that would be the foundation for a relationship to start between them. The relationship wouldn't have to be romantic, but one where they could be close confidants. Bottom line is...I've always been one to give the underdog/misunderstood/one with a small voice a chance to show what it is that they've got...and Leon is not an exception. I think people need to give him the same common courtesy that they gave Layla. If people forgave Layla for her trespasses against Sora, they can definitely find it within themselves to forgive his and allow him to prove he is worth Sora's time. If only the Director Sato would get a clue. Now there seems to be a hint of a continuation of the Kaleido Star series, but we'll see. I just hope Sora & Leon's relationship is similar to Serena & Darien's relationship from Sailor Moon. Two people who couldn't stand each other, but wound up becoming friends & falling in love. Hey, it could happen... nuff said.
10/13/2006 #1
Royal blueKitsune
*shrugs and grins* You know I completely agree with every point you made. Yes, we all hope that Sora and Leon's relationship will be like that of Serena and Darien (such a sweet couple). Frankly, Sora and Leon have even more potential because during this period where they couldn't stand each other (like Serena and Darien), they had more than one moments of intimacy. They've got a plus there don't they? I definitely think SL is the only way to go for me. Leon is purely male and definitely attractive and gorgeous and while Ken also has good looks in his own way, Leon is so much better. (he has something roguish that makes for an enticing relationship with Sora) *winks* Leon could be the one to protect Sora from the ones that want to hurt her. Ken, like you said, has no backbone whatsoever so he would most likely get trampled or stepped over without mercy. Besides, he's a little goofy for my tastes. I like the strong, silent type (and reinforcing the fact that he is definitely gorgeous) that is Leon better.
10/28/2006 #2
an ancient
The age-old question "Who should Sora be paired with?" I agree with what you said, but I don't really think either of the two suit her, but lets take them in order. Sora and Ken indeed seems to have been plotted from the begining, thankfully it didn't happen. And Ken trough his little subtilities tried to win her over. Even at the end of the golden pheonix. Altough the "my dream is burning brightly, right now in front of my eyes" (at least in my version) could be interpreted her importance on the stage, but really we knew that already. To me it looked as if this was the most direct Ken has ever been to her, but what he never really could understand is that those kind of little hints don't work with her. As May put it "You're so dense, it's a crime" So all his juvenile attempts at charming or impressing her remain unnoticed or categorized as a friends little quirks. Indeed he has no presence as Rosetta put it in the latest OVA "Thats why people always say you remain in the background" (The 'Goood! It's Goood!' Ova) What Ken needs is someone strong, someone who doesn't linger about deciding what to do and really Sora fits that image. Too bad she lacks the attention for the little things or figuring out motives, which he doesn't realize he needs. As far as that goes only if Ken would openly confess to her, would we see something, but then again Sora could just wave it off as antics of friendship. In that regard Ken should probably try his luck somewhere else. On that note Manami always seems to have this quick wit which Ken could enjoy as she would instantly pick up the interest, if there was any. On the other hand Mia is also an option, being a writer and devoted to romantism she would also clearly see affection if they where directed at her. Manami to me clearly always if in a relationship would like to lead and Ken would gladly let himself be guided. Mia I am not really sure, but together they could coax eachother into a healthy realtionship. Now to Sora and Leon. I really think we saw to little of Leon past, to say he had a warm smile in those days. From what I've seen all that good nature was soly directed towards his sister Sophie. Now griefstrucken as he may be and altough Sora helped him finally overcome it, a longlasting relationship really is something difficult. The point of both being orphaned is quite a good base for something, but if that is what a relationship is going to be built upon it would clearly not last. What I guess makes for so many girls (in the anime or otherwise) appealing is the fact that he has this air of mystery. He is like this complex puzzle with a unique way of solving it. Now look at Sora would probably never notice the puzzle and get distracted like a little lamb to pastures new, so how can she solve him in the first place? My answer is she couldn't. What is tipical for her is this clear sight. What she sees is what she belives in and hidden moves and motives she never even registers. True that this pure heart is something desireble and even Leon could admit it being a worthy prize, but Leon needs more. He needs a key to understanding himself and Sora is clearly uncapable. Someone who could unravel him might, "might" be Mia. But her conceptions are far to bright on most things. Leon needs someone who has been on both walks of life. Mia seems to have seen it, but she clearly dislikes it altough knowing how to handel herself, whilst Sora saw it briefly and ran away eventually returning to the snug world she came from. Cathy could be a good option for him, but I haven't seen her display any interest in anyone. She however clearly and easily saw trough Leon outer shell and layed it out in front of him. He never seemed impressed tough and avoided her since. This air of mystery is what he is based upon and having it shattered like this left him probably a bit insulted. On that note Layla might be capable of seeing past it without shattering it, but if just solving a puzzle is what either understand under a relationship, then it won't lead anywhere. Altough weird my recomandation for his is Barbera. I don't think many remeber her, but she appears in the second season as one of Anna's clownteam, the slightly darker skinned girl. Now this would probably contradict all that i've said becuase Sora and Barbera seem alike, same purity of mind amongst other things. I think its fair to say they are a complete opposites. Now there are two kinds of opposites, the ones that aren't compatible and the ones that complement. It may seem unlikely but the last option could fit. Barbera compared to Sora in the second season is much more naive and could easily fall for Leon's mysterious character like a little girl. But her objective clear made trough her joining anna's team is to bring laughter, so Leon must be quite the challenge. And the earlier childish infatuation could lead to something. Somehting like this could happen. "Why do you try to make me laught? .. I want to make everybody laugh? .. Why do you keep trying? .. Because I love you." Now that seems corny, but take this possibilty, what if Leon would become the educator for Barbera showing her the cruel side of the world from which she came, whilst Barbera shows him all the good in the world she came from. Together they would bring eachother to a common level and maybe more. Barbera's childish attempts could remind him of all he has forsaken in the years, and this pure of heart individual is appealing to many men. Sora also has this trait, but she has seen far too much and has suffered too much in comparison. She is more like the flower that lacks a few petals. She needs someone who knows how to bring her up from those kind of sorrows and in the end there is only one person that ever did that, obviously I mean Layla. That's all I think on this subject, if you want me to consider the other couples I will;) I mean by that all X&Sora couples, that is the name of the board in the first place:D
11/7/2006 #3
SP777
First, when I saw your name I was like 'Oh God, it's An Ancient', because I've seen you on the ''Unofficial Kaleido Star'' website and you have a knack for 'debates', so let me get my mind crankin'...and this might be a bit long. Second, I've been tempted to join ''Unofficial Kaleido Star'' because a few of the youngin's {..and I can tell they're young..} seem to not want to see the big picture on some couples. . . . Anyway, here goes my response...Part I - let's talk about Ken. 1. [To me it looked as if this was the most direct Ken has ever been to her, but what he never really could understand is that those kind of little hints don't work with her] - that is what bugs me about Ken and I CAN'T understand why would people want her with him, because of 'subtleties'. Which makes me wish Mr. Sato would continue Sora's story, like he did Sailor Moon, because her story seems so incomplete to me, I don't care if she did an Angel's Maneuver or ANY kind of maneuver! I would think it interesting to see WHO she would end up with in the future..and I don't see Ken as that person as of now. 2. [What Ken needs is someone strong, someone who doesn't linger about deciding what to do and really Sora fits that image.] - hmm...sounds to me you just described May OR..Rosetta. Rosetta is such a charming girl and with her being close to Sora..and Ken trying to be a presence..Rosetta & Ken could wind up being friends, hanging out one day and wind up liking each other. That's just something off the top of my head, but I've seen it happen in anime. I don't know about May, she reminds me of someone who will ALWAYS be forceful no matter how old she gets. A bit too much for Ken. As for Mia, I HONESTLY believe it would come as a surprise, but I've thought of that happening because of the fact they work close together and their temperaments are the same. Their relationship would be...sweet & endearing. That probably sounds sappy but think about it. As a matter of fact, I would LOVE to see it happen. ..and Manami wouldn't be interested, plain & simple. . . . My response..Part II - Talking about Leon. Even though this is an anime, I tried to look at what type of relationship Sora would be in IF this was reality. Basically, Kaleido Fans have been basing her relationship STILL at the age of...16. But, what about as she gets older? Sora may be a naive young girl NOW, but in reality she's going to have to grow up ESPECIALLY now that she is a star. She will have to make decisions that affect herself, the cast and work with Mia [..as other stars have done..] which might cause a few disagreements and that would FORCE her to grow in areas she never did when she was constantly busy trying to be acknowledged in Season 2. 1. [we saw to little of Leon past, to say he had a warm smile in those days. Now griefstrucken as he may be and altough Sora helped him finally overcome it, a longlasting relationship really is something difficult.] - not necessarily, I'm not talking forever..OR 'until death do us part' that would be far-fetched. But considering how they would be partners [..I can't see Rosetta being Sora's official partner, no matter how much she wishes it..] during performances, the trust would be built there first. Second, they would have to EVENTUALLY wind up having conversations that would trickle about their personal lives, which is why I mentioned they would connect if they talked about them both being orphans. An understanding would come between them from ''I know exactly have you feel because I've been there''. Thus the beginning of a friendship...and it COULD go from there. 2. [Now look at Sora would probably never notice the puzzle and get distracted like a little lamb to pastures new, so how can she solve him in the first place? My answer is she couldn't.] - O_o ...Why should she??? That's the mistake almost EVERY woman/girl have made when it comes to men! WHY are you trying to solve him?!? He'll come around when HE is ready. That statement goes for women too. All Sora can do is..be..there...when..he...needs...her, as a friend. Anything else will happen later, as he realizes he has a good friend he can turn to when he needs someone to LISTEN. That something Leon has never had being closed off...a friend. 3. About Mia, Cathy, Layla...and Barbera. -I'll just say Mia & Cathy wouldn't be compatible with Leon, at all and I'll leave it at that. Layla & Leon...oh NO. Those two are TOO much alike in temperaments and stubborn. It would be like putting 2 bulls in a stall, who would be the first to give in...give or take some bloodshed. :-) ...and PLEASE tell me WHY folks want him with Barbera??? We know next to NOTHING about her to give ANY consideration...and her wanting to make him laugh would REALLY wear thin. What would they have to talk about? What connection would he have with HER when he has already done that with Sora and honestly Leon, at this point, wouldn't open up to any other female BUT Sora, his sister being first if she was still alive. 4. [Barbera compared to Sora in the second season is much more naive and could easily fall for Leon's mysterious character like a little girl] - come now, who WOULDN'T fall for such a handsome young man :-) ...and being naive will only get you so far with him. 5. [She needs someone who knows how to bring her up from those kind of sorrows and in the end there is only one person that ever did that, obviously I mean Layla] - well, that's what friends are for...her including Mia, Anna, and DEFINITELY Rosetta. But, don't count Leon out, with him letting go of the past about Sophie I think he would be able to help Sora with HER troubles since he knows what it's like to sink in despair. Sometimes people who have gone through their own trials can help a person 'see' through theirs. 6. [if you want me to consider the other couples I will;) I mean by that all X&Sora couples] - go ahead, I'm not the manager of this community, it would be interesting to see what you come up with! ...and please don't do Sora x Yuri. :-] That would be TOO easy. :-) PS-I'm SO tempted to drag this convo.' over to the ''Unofficial Kaleido Star'' website considering how a few folks give Leon a hard time, but put Layla on a pedestal. *tsk*
11/7/2006 #4
an ancient
Point taken on the growing up thing. Even four years change any girl and her perspective on love. Still and I usually base myself on astrology, Segaterius has this overwhelming desire to go out in the world, the desire for freedom is great in her as having Sora coming to America strongly suggests. This is one of the major difficulties in this pairing. Scorpio by nature are horribly posessive and after the first *cough* 'dosey-do' let's say, it multiplies a lot. Leon will probably give her some freedom to interact with her friends, but only that much. Staying away for too long really upsets him and rows could easily insue. Actually on this I also base my theory on Sophie. Not just because of his brotherly nature but also his sun-sign he was immensly caring and kept her close to her. Maybe its just me, or the lack of evidence, but I can quite well assume that Sophie didn't have any friends, Leon would always watch over her. Anyway, this need to give out protection could also be applied to Sora, but in Sora's case it could be suffocating. Another problem I saw with this paring was that if they were to become a couple for a limited amount of time, Sora would really want their worlds to meet. So she would probably want Leon to talk more with his friends and interact with them. Leon on the other hand just wants it to be the two of them. Another point unrelated to astrology would concern Leon's tragic childhood. After Sophies death he obvoiusly was griefstruck. I'll give you that Sora did help him to starting recovering, emphasis on 'starting'. Its a long process and there is that ominous possibilty that Sora doesn't change him, that as you put it "comes around", he might never. As much as his life has improved he will always rember the his loss. The last thing I can think of about now is subtility. Now Leon as most Scorpio people (and I should know being ascendant in them) have this habit of dead-panning. But behind that seemingly lost meaningless look lies an ocean of thoughts. However it isn't unreadable, altough difficult. My point is that Sora lacks the ... let's call them 'intuitive skills' to figure out what goes behind his eyes. She as most Segaterius is bluntly honest and altough Sora would probably not realize it, but she could hurt him deeply. Leon if she managed to somehow upset, he would most probably hide it and rember it. Scorpio people never forget injuries, keep that in mind. Sora however would not even notice the damage she has done and would assume nothing to be wrong. Leon also altough not proven would probably like to bring up small banters to tease Sora, but Sora on the other hand could never lead that kind of mind-game. She just is too open and direct. These small games she never could lead as some would probably emply small lies and Sora in the whole series I heard lie only once. SHe usually when confronted to for moralities sake starts mumbeling or saying "Etoo ..." Rather avoiding answering knowing she would say nothing but the bare truth. [And that one time she lied I was refering to is when she passed Leon's test. May was struck with grief and Sora seeing her felt responsible. Ken then asking her if she was alright lied for the first time that nothing was wrong.] Anyway there could be a short term realationship, but Leon and Sora exist on diffrent planes. Saying it in a fancy way, Sora is guided by the body, whilst Leon by the mind. As for LeonXBarbera. Well I just liked the idea, I never seen it mentioned or a fic about it. I just thought the sheer comedy of it. I think your right about the two, but if I ever see something on the two of them that is belivable then I'll be laughing obnoxiously like a moron. Thats that I guess:P Now for other Sora&X's Let's see who to choose first. SoraXRosetta ah yes the second alltime favorite. Fire meets Fire. Infernal bliss is it not? Well maybe not as much, but there is a boatload of potential. Form the point of view of astrology its quite obviously a good couple, altought not instant bliss, but where can that be found anyway? Rosetta as we've seen in most cases has something for Sora, but she isn't quite sure what it is. Yeah a blush here and there at times, but I wonder if its out of admiration or love? Its really hard to actually tell. However Rosetta badly wants to complete the Legendary Maneuver with her so I guess they'll be spending a lot of time together. The last scene of "The unsmiling princess" showing Rosetta all grown up somehow to me said that they are fated to accomplish the act. However what was that sudden grasp of hand? Just a excuse to get Sora to look over her? a show of a deep partnership or somthing more? That is quite debatable. But lets move on. Even with her confused affections Rosetta doesn't seem to be shy about matters of the body and Sora has been on the end of that mirthfull youngster a lot of times. She on the other hand was a bit surprised by her sudden moves. She more willingly hugged Ken in the first season:P So where all this shyness is from is open for debate. It may be that she does see Rosetta slightly to phisical or to her something tells her that they can't just be friends. But i'm deviating and even with those ideas she seems to have lost this trait with the second season, swinging with Rosetta amongst other things. And they helped eachother many times in the past which could also lead to the obvious, but there is as always that other ominous possibilty, but which most find dull, that Sora and Rosetta have adopted eachother as sisters (hmm reminds me of Rod-TV) ... I claim that with two things. Sora who was orphaned due to her loss never valued bond dictated by blood and so made everyone around her close friends, or at least tried. And that more special to her she made her unrelated family. Rosetta to me seemed to be the only one that really is in that family. As for the redhead, she having been pro all her childhood has never really bonded with anyone and therefore seemed cold at first. The friendships that she makes however she quickly takes to a new level. This may explain their close bond as purly fraternal. Maybe there was something at some time, but Rosetta seems to have 'recalibrated' and Sora has gotten used to her quite open nature, when it comes to the matter of the body. But in that has I think has more to do with her Aries nature. The first of the signs it stands for life and body (in contrast to Pisces which stand for the mind and eternity). The step however could be quite easily be made as they have a history together and if they do reacreate the maneuver it will probably enchance their relationship ... whatever that may be. But Sora put it quite obvious in the rookie-episode, that she regards her as her little sister. So if there is going to be something it will probably be one-sided. On that note if they where to get involved to me it always seemed that Sora would be forced into it. That may lead to something, but then again it most likly won't. To me Rosetta always seemed to be somewhat profiting of Sora's good nature. My best example of that is that to this day I have not ever heard Rosetta openly ask Sora if she wanted to do the maneuver with her. She always assumed Sora would comply and even to the last episode Sora has never stated that she would, altough she didn't deny it and the scene with Rosetta hinted it. In any case the same would could be said with any other form of relationship. This may also have to do with the aries lovalbe nature, you just want to help them and feel bad if you don't. But looking at what Rosetta needs I think the major flaw in this relationship is Sora's mellow character. Now I don't claim Sora is weak, she just is more gentel. What Rosetta needs (and I should know after having studied her) is someone with an equally strong will. So that means someone who will argue with her, who will fight with her, who will try and tame her. Now Sora just argued with Rosetta once in "The Unsmiling Princess" and that led to Sora feeling horrible and Rosetta running away. Sora just isn't capable of controling her and as much as she tries to gently get her to reconsider Rosetta is just to stubborn. On that note Rosetta needs someone with a will similar to hers who isn't afraid of her and stops her (for her own good in some cases) ... on that note the only one capable I think quite clearly is May, read my latest Kaleido Star: Convergence for Rosetta related relationships (shameless self-promotion ended :P ) Maybe I'll consider the one with Layla later, but I'm too tired for it right now.
11/7/2006 #5
an ancient
oh yeah and about "The Unoficial Kaleido Star Forum" it really bums me because its a wasteland in the last week. Kids are everywhere in most forums, but this is a nice place to discuss it too. As for having a knack on debates, you're probably right, but I gave up on the local romanian forum, now THOSE are kids. Not all of them but too many.
11/7/2006 #6
SP777
It's ironic how you mentioned about Astrology, because I JUST got through typing up the Astrological signs for Sora and Leon for a fellow Kaleidorian's website, I'm just waiting for her to post it. I still have them on file. I'll make this part of the response based on their Astrological signs...concerning Sora about Leon and vice versa. *** Sora: born..November 23. The Day of Irreverence Those born on November 23 are quick to show their displeasure with all overt forms of authority and repression. They are not ones to believe in something simply because they are supposed to. This is not to say that they are incapable of faith or adherence, but for them it must be justified and proven in worth. Those born on this day display a combative nature when they are around people whom they find difficult to suffer, so unless they are in the company of those they like, love or at least respect, it is often best they remain alone. November 23 people believe in live and let live, but if they are provoked their reactions are swift and severe. - THEREFORE it would highly be unlikely that Sora is just going to stand around and LET Leon say whatever and do whatever he wants with her. For example: Remember episode #39, when Sora wanted a Kid's Stage and Leon basically told her, she was stupid for wanting something like that and not to do it? The girl STUCK to her guns and got what she wanted. So if push comes to shove, Sora CAN 'step up to the plate and bat' and remember that WASN'T the only time she stood up to him and did what she wanted. SO Leon maybe overwhelming at times, but the girl CAN come with it! It makes for a dynamic relationship between the two. He thinks he'll win the argument then...BAM!!! She surprises him with a sucker-punch out of the blue! *** 1. [Leon will probably give her some freedom to interact with her friends, but only that much. Staying away for too long really upsets him and rows could easily insue] - yes I've seen men trip out when their girl stay out too long with friends, those ''men'' are 'deep down insecure' and try to remedy that by being controlling. Even though Leon at the beginning couldn't stand her friends (..I DO agree with him when he said they were soft..) as time goes on, he WOULD realize they ARE important to her and if he cared a LITTLE about her, he wouldn't keep her away from them. Of course, he wouldn't interact much them, I knew of some boyfriends who didn't interact hardly at all with their girlfriends' friends but they didn't keep their girl from them. It would take a insecure guy to do something childish like that. Insecure + Childish doesn't equal Leon. 2. [Its a long process and there is that ominous possibilty that Sora doesn't change him, that as you put it "comes around", he might never. As much as his life has improved he will always rember the his loss.] - you NEVER forget the ones you love. To do such a thing, is like a dishonor to their memory...and Leon is too strong of an individual to 'never' come around, he WOULD bounce back...granted with a little help. 3. [Now Leon as most Scorpio people (and I should know being ascendant in them) have this habit of dead-panning. But behind that seemingly lost meaningless look lies an ocean of thoughts. However it isn't unreadable, altough difficult. My point is that Sora lacks the ... let's call them 'intuitive skills' to figure out what goes behind his eyes] -UNLESS you're a Cancer who are HIGHLY intuitive [..that's me.. :-)] then you would drive yourself batty trying to figure someone out. That used to drive me crazy when someone tried to 'figure me out'. Why are you trying to in the FIRST place??? But do we agree that Sora DOES have a caring heart? If she is concerned she WOULD ask after all. ..as for Sora being bluntly honest, she has done that in the series and yeah, it has taken him by surprise and he basicially tells her to do what you will. In other words, Leon is CAPABLE of bending and will defer to her if the situation calls for it, but it doesn't mean he will let that happen ALL the time. He IS a Scorpio. *** Unfortunately, I don't have a birth date on Leon, so this is all I could go on... Scorpio is the eighth sign of the zodiac and the second water sign (after Cancer). Weighty and intense Scorpio is ruled by the dark planet, Pluto. With Mars as its co-ruler, it shares certain aggressive characteristics with Aries, but is more fixed in its orientation. Scorpio symbolically demonstrates the power of middle age and a corresponding ability to direct and control the life around it. The defensive Scorpion is not the only symbol for this sign. The soaring Eagle represents its far-seeing nature and also its capacity to both ascend to heights and plummet to the depths. The Scorpio Personality The rulership of Pluto emphasizes the powerful, sexual, dark, fateful and deep aspects of Scorpios [can someone say 'God of Death'?], while the co-ruler Mars lends dynamism and directness, but perhaps also belligerence. Scorpios are often serious people and those who have felt their sting know that they are not easily ignored, even though they don't seek confrontation, but rather keep their weapons in reserve. Furthermore, the themes of death and rebirth play a dynamic part in their lives; many Scorpios seem to undergo an arduous, sometimes agonized, process of transformation and metamorphosis in their personality. *case and point: the change in him after Sophie's death but I suspect was there beforehand* They do have an excellent sense of humor and show a mature understanding of the ironies of life. They must beware of tendencies towards self-destructive, controlling behavior and an inability to relinquish attachments of sorts, i.e. people or ideas. 1. [Leon also altough not proven would probably like to bring up small banters to tease Sora, but Sora on the other hand could never lead that kind of mind-game. She just is too open and direct.] -well hopefully they do what every couple and damn talk-show host SAY to do...communicate or they'll find themselves slamming into a wall. You know, bottom line...when all is said and done. People are NOT going to or will refuse to see past how he acted in the anime and will continue to base him on that. But I refuse to join the club and not see the big picture regarding Leon Oswald. Yes, IF they were to get together they would have to compromise and communicate to make it work, but what couple hasn't had to do that? But considering how they work together and have to interact on an almost-daily basis, nothing they do should surprise the other since they already have an inkling what the other is like, so it's not like they're strangers. nuff said...
11/7/2006 #7
SP777
Sora x Rosetta... You know, in a way THAT is an uncomfortable pairing. My God, it's almost like...i***! What we have here is a clear case of idol worship, but yeah...I can see why people would go there with Rosetta's constant comments of ''let's do this together Sora!!!'' But who hasn't been a victim of worshipping a person you admire, lord knows I have. *sigh* thank goodness, I got over it. 1. [Even with her confused affections Rosetta doesn't seem to be shy about matters of the body and Sora has been on the end of that mirthfull youngster a lot of times. She on the other hand was a bit surprised by her sudden moves. She more willingly hugged Ken in the first season:P So where all this shyness is from is open for debate] -you know, I look at it like this...Sora is ALL female and to get such a hug would catch you off guard, especially when Sora & Rosetta first met and Rosetta gave Sora a kiss on the cheek TOTALLY unexpected, but flattering. Now that Sora knows Rosetta, I think Sora allows those 'quirks', if you will, and affections of Rosetta's and hardly thinks nothing of them...unless Rosetta all of a sudden gives Sora a BIG one on the smacker. Then we got a problem! :-D 2. [Sora who was orphaned due to her loss never valued bond dictated by blood and so made everyone around her close friends, or at least tried. And that more special to her she made her unrelated family. Rosetta to me seemed to be the only one that really is in that family.] - I think because of the fact Rosetta IS more physical when it comes to Sora, the fiery redhead is NEVER one to hold her tongue when it comes to speaking her mind unlike Mia & Anna [..now that's a pair..]. 3. [The last scene of "The unsmiling princess" showing Rosetta all grown up somehow to me said that they are fated to accomplish the act.] - in Layla's words, 'You are not qualified', unless they BOTH see the Fool, that won't happen. Remember how long it took just for Layla to see him...and God knows she's a better performer than both of them! 4. [Sora has never stated that she would, altough she didn't deny it and the scene with Rosetta hinted it.] - do you know Sora to hurt someone's feelings? If anything she won't say anything. 5. [But looking at what Rosetta needs I think the major flaw in this relationship is Sora's mellow character. Now I don't claim Sora is weak, she just is more gentel.] - you better not say Sora's weak! :-) Hey mellow individuals are NOT to be discounted TRUST me. They can be sneaky or just honestly KNOW how to get over you because you took them for granted! I live with such a person and I am one, so watch your back! :-D 6. [What Rosetta needs (and I should know after having studied her) is someone with an equally strong will.] - Rosetta x May ....yep, that's right and I thought of this before I saw your answer. I was watching episode #47 and there was a scene when May confronted Rosetta about everyone training for Swan Lake and Rosetta basically told May to mind her own business. Looking at that, I thought to myself, 'Wow...May & Rosetta would be PERFECT partners on the stage.' because they both have fire & passion, they would continuously strive to do the best & make the best and they don't take crap. 7. About Miss Layla...I'll just say this for now. I think their relationship has transcended to that of 'closer than sisters' and they are the best of friends..and not simply 'best friends'. Get what I mean?
11/7/2006 #8
Royal blueKitsune
. I'm here now. Sorry for missing out earlier. *big, happy smile * I owe you for this horoscope and es I'm definitely adding it to my site. Nice debate by the way. *wiggles eyebrows* I know you're fighting for the pairing Sora/Leon but I feel defended anyway. All this banter for these pairings are only fueling my idea of writing a serious, in character Sora/Leon story (which has been created in my mind a few weeks ago and is ready to be written and finished). Must try that one soon. With drama and action and tragic romance, triangle pairings. *is starry eyed* Anyway thank you...for everything! *bows and zooms to post to her community*
11/7/2006 #9
an ancient
I never claimed to fully disaproove of the possibilty. However your arguments are good and I can see them together. Making it personal, I wouldn't like to see them just because I think Layla deserves Sora. Personal stuff done I am curious to see that fic. Then again I think i can't fully see it becuase for the moment I am really curious with shoujo-ai:D ... that's what Pheonix Reborn does to a guy. But also I never was a fan of love-stories at all so that may also count my inabilty, but it also explains my curioustiy with shoujo-ai and also why I wrote the fic. My saying when writing was. "If I am going to write a love-story I am going to do it wrong!:P" I was dumbstruck seeing just how well Rosetta and May fit together. Ok, excuse me for deviating from the discussion. Well I am a worshipper of the LaylaSora pairing, so commenting on it would probably be too long and I still have exams. So I think we should just count the things that are going to stand between them. ... . .... . .... well ... I can't think of anything for the moment, I'll leave this to you until I get mu head straightened. Oh and btw could you send me a link on that site with the birth-date? It was quite detailed and I really never saw one that was specific to the day. Now of course an astrologer could help, but I don't have the resources, nor have i seen a real astrologer in Romania. I would really like to see the site that you got that from. Or did you do it yourself? ... I still want an accurate description ... 24.02.1990 ... what do the starts say to that date ... born at 00:03 ... I really am curious. Oh and yeah I'm 16, I hope that doesn't make you regard me as a child. *hope*
11/8/2006 #10
SP777
Since you mentioned Fanfiction...the wonderful thing about it is that you can take 2..or 3..characters and put them in scenarios that is or isn't canon. With Layla & Sora, you can put them in whatever situation AS LONG AS the plot is plausible and gives evidence of what made them/why they would come together. SO, no matter who it is you like as a pair, when it comes to fanfiction, as long as you can convince me with a plausible reason..then I'm there with you. For example: you're familiar with the Harry Potter movies? then you would know of the fanfiction with Hermione Granger & Severus Snape. Two individuals with a gap in ages & temperaments [Severus is NOT an easy man to get along with], BUT you have had quite a few authors put together plots that make you believe it would work, especially since these two have in common are their strong academics skills & Hermione IS skilled in potions when push comes to shove. *** Now, let me mention this...you're a guy?!?! O_o I always thought you were a young woman in her 20's. :-) But if you're curious, I'm a woman, not a girl or young lady, I'm WAY past that stage. :-) ..and yes you have older people who like anime, I've SEEN older women in their 70's at an anime convention. It kinda blew my mind. Getting back on subject, there's NOTHING wrong with liking shoujo-ai, especially if you're a guy. I confess that I read certain yaoi fiction..and I told myself I would NEVER..and I mean NEVER do it and I did. Damn these authors and their good plot works. :-) Oh, and unless you're just damn good with words, when it comes to love stories UNLESS you've had the experience or you just listen to friends talk about theirs, you CAN pull it off. *** 1. [I was dumbstruck seeing just how well Rosetta and May fit together.] - like I said they both have fire & passion, they WOULD fit together. They would both have to learn to compromise though considering how both girls are vocal when it comes to certain situations...and they ARE definitely go-getters. 2. About Layla & Sora as a pair, I would HAVE to read a fanfiction to wrap my brain around that one, because Layla is so...I don't know, there's an untouchable elegance about her that suggests Yuri WOULD be the one who is more her speed and if it comes down to it, he'll let her know who wears the pants. LAYLA DOES!!!! :-) Seriously though, Sora as cute as she is, she is just so...unrefined right now. She needs to grow a bit and then we would see if she can truly keep up with Layla or will she always be two steps behind. *** NOW the moment you have been waiting for, but makes me shudder because it's a LOT to type. I didn't get the info of the internet, I have a THOROUGH book that is over 800+ pages and it's called 'The Secret Language of Birthdays'. It has information on EVERY sign AND it gives info on EVERY birth date in the calendar year. Let's see about you...by the way I wouldn't regard you as a child, if you don't carry yourself as one. Not to say there's nothing wrong with being silly as one on occasion. :-i A. You...born Feb. 24 The Day of Sacrifice Sacrifice is a pivotal theme in the lives of February 24 people and can manifest itself in a variety of ways. Those born on this day sacrifice their own concerns..to a cause, parental wishes or the desires of a mate or family. Typically they demand a great degree of sacrifice from others, particularly loved ones. the theme may also recur in more abstract or philosophical forms, where sacrifice becomes a kind of acceptance of life as it is, a sacrifice of ego so to speak. February 24 people who choose to sacrifice themselves to a larger purpose or the wishes of a group do so with anything from blissful joy to an austere, even grim sense of duty. In the former case, they sincerely believe in what they do and the happiness or well-being of others is their personal reward. In the latter case, they may act out of firm moral or ethical convictions, they can harbor deep resentment due to their frustrated demands of their ego. February 24 people seek to reduce the presence of their ego, perhaps even getting rid of it altogether, in the pursuit of a more pure lifestyle. The danger here is that they could in some way be deluding themselves; it may not be possible to get rid of one's ego when it is not fully formed! The more highly evolved of February 24 people are aware of this trap and steer clear by strengthening the positive aspects of their personality and judging themselves by objective standards. February 24 people must find a way to work for the common good or perhaps please their parents and society without compromising their beliefs and desires. Those born on this day must be very sure of their wishes and unafraid of communicating them. If one day they wish to take control of their life, they may find the going rough, as they will be swimming against an undertow of ingrained habits and expectations. Steady progress, willpower, resolute conduct, dertermination, guts..these qualities they must have in place before they begin to make major sacrifices. *** Numbers & Planets: Those born on this day are ruled by the number 6 and the planet Venus. Those born on this day are magnetic in attracting love and admiration, since Venus is strongly connected with social interaction. the combined influence of Venus and Neptune [Pisces' ruler] can lend February 24 people an ultra-romantic & magnetic charm but also weakens their sense of personal and social reality. Love is the dominant theme. *** Tarot: The 6th card of the Major Arcana is the Lovers [the 22nd birth date is the Fool], symbolizing the love that unites all humanity through integration of masculine and feminine polarities. On the good side, this card indicates affections and desires on a high moral, aesthetic and physical plane; on the bad side, unfulfilled desires, sentimentality and indecisiveness. *** Health: Too many February 24 people have a tendency to relax into a easy life of sensuality and relative inaction. They must beware of sedentary disorders affecting the legs, circulatory system and lymphatics. Because of their self-sacrificing nature, and propensity for creating negative expectations, they may eventually arouse resentment or anger on themselves or others. Sensual food enjoyment and gratifying sexual activities are naturally important for their continued happiness, they would do well to limit their diet. *** Advice: Learn to stick up for the real you. Don't respond so readily to the suggestions or wishes of others. *** Strengths: Giving Open Accepted Weaknesses: Self-absorbed Demanding Static B. AND furthermore, so I can stop..an edited version of Pisces I. All Pisces..and other signs.. are categorized in 3 parts..I,II, & III. Pisces I [February 23-March 2] Element: water Ruler: Neptune Symbol: ... Mode: Feeling Motto: 'I Believe' The Pisces I period takes Spirit as its central image. In the twilight of the life [70's], many think of higher value and spiritual goals. For some religion plays an important role at this time, for others a cause which embodies their highest ideals. The Pisces I Personality: Most Pisces I believe in the supremacy of spirit over matter and often devote themselves to idealistic causes or pursuits. Many have a yearning and zest for the non-material side of life...the life of ideas, music, art and movement. Their belief systems maybe religious in nature or they may be pantheists who see God everywhere even if they don't submit authority to the church or temple. Also their sense of devotion can be directed toward their work, family or hobby. Advice: Sometimes you need to be more aggressive. Keep in touch with everyday matters and remain attentive to your needs and the needs of others. *sigh* after all that, I need to vanish from the board for a day or two, but I'll respond to whatever you might review later.
11/8/2006 #11
an ancient
That was quite impressive. I never would have thought it so detailed. Thank you very much. I do have a curiosity is ...lets call it 'mysticism'. Tarot and astrology being my favorites. However the chinese astrology I always found a bit unaccurate, numerology seems a bit obscure at times (maybe because i study too much math). The Lovers card applying to me is a bit of a surprise, I always thought it to be the Moon. As far as the ego-thing goes, I think i've fallen for that. I mean I sometimes have outbursts of it but tend to keep them in line. I'd say it is underdeveloped, but for my sake I started in the last months to give it some room to play out. It can help in certain situations. As for sacrifice, you hit the spot on that one. Playing martyr is almoast a passtime. I always enjoyed seeing it in many things. For example Layla who sacrificed herself for the maneuver. Now in all the series there isn't one other decision that can match that kind of self-sacrifice. (well maybe Yuri's wanting to martyr himself for Leon -- ah yes the pisces, not even a surprise) Religion on the other hand I think is something really odd in my case. I don't abide to 'god' or any other cult/religion/philosophy. However that doesn't mean I don't take them into consideration. Example, the Wheel of Fate, fundamental balance and other things. I think I do like most did and do, take concepts from diffrent places and combine them to a new kind of belief. However I to no religion can give my blind faith. 'I belive.' may be a motto, but thats usually followed by 'Why?' In love and in other things it is indeed true I see most things clear at young age. But in love as much as I've played the advisor for many when it comes to me I get so confused I can't discribe it. See it so many times, but still feeling it for yourself one loses that objective nature. In other thing my self-judging I say is the usually cruel, dilusion I have lost in a short amount of time and the person I criticize the most is myself. But enough time has past for me to accept both strength and weakness and most of all not hiding either. However the supremacy of spirit is something I've started to lose as complex matters like lets say love needs both material and spiritual consideration. O_O A woman in her 20's? Now I'm not sure to be flattered ... but I take it as a compliment, consider however the pisces sign as aligned to the feminine. Yeah I'm emotional at times, and a romantic at times. If that makes one feminie well then I guess I can't deny. Altough I don't know where my love of drama and grand ideas puts me, oh well. Maybe thats why I ended up writing my latest. Its nice to see being considered slightly older, I kinda enjoyed that. As for you thats quite interesting altough you weren't specific of age. I really find much greater curiosity in the more mature, maybe that's why I spend more time around them. And sometimes it makes me cringe seeing what heading for me, two more years and it's off to college and then work. The Pisces nature to take the easier road is starting to tell me not to worry anymore, but tis not a matter to be taken lightly. I just hope I can work on my agressivness until that time comes. sidenote: damn that was a lot of talk about myself, ... I wonder if that cancels the underdeveloped ego problem ... I wonder okey that was a HUGE off topic ------------------- as for fics and liking shoujo-ai i'm past the right or wrong of liking it part. Altough I at first didn't really consider it. But the drama that it would bring was enough to change my mind, behold the result. Kaleido Star: Convergence (oh its edited now for easier reading, for the curious) Yeah in all fics if there is no proof that makes sense that that relationship could work it just doesn't appeal. No I never followed the Harry Potter series or Lord of the Rings and others for that matter, but that sounds like an awkward couple. Oh and talking of shoujo-ai I've even recently started looking for Stargate SamXJanet fics, altough I guess this goes under femslash (or whatever its called) rather then shoujo-ai. In case I think that these kind of pairing if not confronted with any kind of society becomes the usual loveroutine, where's the drama? What I liked about RosettaXMay was neither girl having considered it, and May out of all people would have a hard time regarding love ... to sum it up to me it cried out to write a fic. But you are right one can't create a relationship on nothing, there have to be those events and I put a lot in my fics to convince the reader that there is somehting. So with those kind of moments any pair is basicly possibe, maybe even BarberaXLeon. Still there has to be something from which everything starts. Oh something I think that *coming back* liked about SoraXLeon was the aspect of it. Now this may be the stupidest argument regarding this pairing, but it always stung my eye. Don't laugh, or just snicker, but to me the size-diffrence between Leon and Sora made it kinda out of place. I am a big fan of kisses whislt standing and well Leon beding over and Sora up on her toes is something awkward to imagine. To me just imagining them together is weird, even on stage I never really liked how the looked. Once you've seen Layla I guess ... as far as what would go against LaylaXSora would be again Sora's honesty. Altough Layla was never one to choke on pride she wasn't challenged in that regard anyway. But in a relationship Sora could slip something that might damage Lalya and she would not admit it and grow detached. But were talking Layla here, she I think would quickly get over it and Sora as Segaterius people do have the abilty to say somethig like "You're a very short man, almoast like a dwarf" then add "but I think we measure out good together" so it might not be a big hurdle However Layla could return to the habit of locking herself. Now that could be a problem, but Sora again seems to have been the key to unlocking. Hmm, truth be told I really don't see what could stand in their way, but I think I have an idea. Let's take Layla, she has crossed her father and would I think do so again if the SXL couple would start. She also doesn't give a dime for anyone elses opinion. So that rules out the other problem this couple would bring. But the question is, how about Sora? Is she as strong as Layla? Consider the imensly strong bond she has with her parents. Now as any parent they would clearly be worried about their girl and might (even if to them it seems for her own good) try to break them apart. Consider that Sora chose family over the stage once, what about love? it isn't farfetched she would do it. Now comes the what other think. Remeber what Fool once told her when regarding May. "Do you fear having her hate you?" Indeed she cares about other people opinion and has been influenced by them on some occasions. Now there is one last major hurdle this time that would really break them apart. Their love of the stage. Now even if (and it seems likly) Layla does not return to the Kaleido Stage if they where to enter a relationship it would affect them. Question is what they value more, stage or love? Maybe Layla could, she would give up performing maybe, but Sora is still bound to the stage as Fool is proof of. I think it was said once that only people who honselty love the stage can see the spirit, so Sora might have a hard choice on her hand. She might end up leaving the Kaleido Stage to follow Layla. Or Kalos could send her away. Now we know Sora has too little emotional detachemnt to keep performing if she is influneced by something. BEst example. arabian nights when she is depressed she could have gotten herself seriously hurt. Performing for either of the two is expressing themselves and if sorrow on Sora has such an effect, what will happen with love? We are talking a sentiment of greater magnitude, not to mention Sora never one able to hide them on or offstage. And now talking those butterflies in her stomache amongst other thing could lead to some serious flaws and possible injuries. I think Kalos would see that and prohibit her to go onstage as she could end up seriously hurt. BEst example is Cynthia's death (Marions mother) who became unfocused due to leaving Marion alone for that day. Now she had been a veteran performer and she was affected, how about Sora? she is for what i could tell at the stage for about 8-9 months. Kalos would surly not risk having another casualty and throw her off the stage. It may sound cruel, but it is for her own good. If Sora then would go to Layla or Layla would indeed rejoin Kaleido Stage we would have the same emotional problem, but multplied. Oke i think i was a bit to hard, but I think those are the only real concerns and would probably be the only difficulties in this pair. I think any writer considering these two will confront himself with these problems. Anything to add and comment? (sry if it took so long to respond)
11/12/2006 #12
SP777
1. chinese astrology..I rarely followed this and the fact that I'm a RAT... *rolls eyes* ; numerology...ALWAYS looked complicated when you got deep in it so never paid it any mind. 2. as for the ego, do you get defensive when someone is SIMPLY trying to give constructive criticism about you? If so, then yeah you got an issue on ego. :-) 3. [Playing martyr is almoast a passtime. I always enjoyed seeing it in many things] - ''like calls to like'' ever heard of that? You WOULD be drawn to people or animated characters, like Layla, who reflects you. Heaven KNOWS that's why Leon appeals to me, we're both the same in our cool attitude, stoic-ness and not suffering fools, but at least I don't do extreme things. 3. [In love and in other things it is indeed true I see most things clear at young age. But in love as much as I've played the advisor for many when it comes to me I get so confused I can't discribe it.] - actually that's human nature in a way, but those of us who are intuitive are really quite capable of using common sense when giving advice to others especially when you're an ''outsider looking in''. But in our OWN relationship dealing with a person who is different from you & you have to constantly deal with those differences in such closeness with somebody, you can have a tendency to not be able to 'see' the BIG picture. Understand? 4. [O_O A woman in her 20's? Now I'm not sure to be flattered ... but I take it as a compliment, consider however the pisces sign as aligned to the feminine.] - Heh! Actually it's quite COMMON for a female to ASSUME she's talking to another female, especially in fandoms such as this one. It has nothing to do with signs. The same way you are assuming you're talking to someone who is the same color as you. ;-) It's natural that there are those of us who assume we are talking to certain races & genders, when regarding certain subjects, topics or interests. 5. [it makes me cringe seeing what heading for me, two more years and it's off to college and then work. ] - believe me, we ALL feel that way! But take my advice, once you settle at a job you KNOW you'll be at for a long period of time, start setting up your finances for retirement IMMEDIATELY. 6. [I've even recently started looking for Stargate SamXJanet fics, altough I guess this goes under femslash ] - actually dealing with American characters IS slash, Yuri applies to Japanese characters and the character listed first is the dominant one. But you knew that right? :-) [Kaleido Star: Convergence (oh its edited now for easier reading, for the curious)] -shameless plug there? :-) 7. [So with those kind of moments any pair is basicly possibe, maybe even BarberaXLeon.] - IF you can pull it off, more power to you! 8. [Don't laugh, or just snicker, but to me the size-diffrence between Leon and Sora made it kinda out of place] - actually, I DID laugh. Heh! ;-] ...Because I know exactly...EXACTLY what you mean!!! I don't know how it is where you live, but HERE in the United States, it's a common occurrence. But mostly among certain races, among the Caucasian race I've seen men who were 6 feet with wives who are 5'3-5'5. In the African-American it's not that common, both sexes are not that far apart in height. Actually comparing the 2 races, it's 2 in 1. SO, with all that said, seeing the height difference in Sora & Leon doesn't phase me much. 9. I think Kalos wouldn't take Sora off the stage because of PERSONAL issues, if he's ANY typical boss, they'll let their employees deal with their emotional baggage themselves and stay out of it, UNLESS they see they are hurting themselves and affecting others around them. 10. [one last major hurdle this time that would really break them apart. Their love of the stage. ] -yes, it would, IF Layla was a performer again. There's nothing more uncomfortable than dating someone in the workplace and ALL OF A SUDDEN you get into a fight & it affects how you two react to each other at work..and let's not talk about other people who involve themselves in your business. When you start working you'll realize how uncomfortable it can get when you date someone then have to work with them still when you break up, especially when it's a bad breakup. 11. I can't see Sora leaving the stage for Layla THAT easily. It would be an ultimatum that WOULD cause friction when you force a partner to choose. Layla has some respect for Sora and wouldn't do that to her, it would show Layla as insecure and we know Layla isn't like that. NOW if they were heavily involved, living together, etc. ...and something happened to Layla where she would need Sora, then yes I can see Sora leaving to take care of Layla. I hope I answered the questions you wanted answers to, because right now my mind is on something else. By the way, Sora had been at Kaleido Stage at least a year and a half, because Yume was starting to crawl and don't forget the New Year show Leon & May did. So time had flown by, I just wish the Directors would have the foresight to put such details in anime, like birthdays. It's annoying not knowing, at least to me.
11/12/2006 #13
SP777
..and where is LoyalHero and when are you going to put up that 'thing' I sent? By the way, loved your wallpapers but something needs to be done about 'Swan Lake', can't see the characters. :-) *sigh* people have said I'm kinda demanding. Now HURRY up!
11/12/2006 #14
an ancient
What is the 'thing'? Which one from Swan Lake? I don't rember which pics I used and never was one to rember covers amongst other things. But even if I lost the .psd a loooong time ago and even if I would have had it I rarly edit my work. Not due to cockyness (excuse the term)or at least I don't so, but I want to see my mistakes keep them, let them remind me of my past errors. Hmm I wonder if I was on the defensive right now? Anyway, sometimes I do get like that but I consider before doing something, what the average and advance man would think, so I have the answers before they post their question. In any case that applies mostly to the ideas implimented in both writing and visual art, the artistic ideas, those I will always defend, those in the end are the base of my work. 'work' a weird term for them ... fanwork sounds better If its the pink/mov one or the one with Fool then I have to tell you that those where the two first ones for this fic, the order i posted them is the one i created them. In any case some of the last ones aren't that hot either. The best have to be the ones with the graveyard/deceased theme. Well that is more my style, I kinda like the darker theme, which is funny considering what I write about. (legacy of kain[vampires], trapeze[ks] and cgi[3dmax])are my obsessions, a weird triangle by some standards, but I always had a knack of combining things i liked and well behold the result. My other five fics have strong influence from the legacy of kain series. Oh and there was an art to that as well, first fanart actually. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/bogd/fanficpicture4.jpg anyway, don't maul me for the blurryness, its explained in the fics as an odd vertigo on SL i think we agree, but this idea can be applied to all couple confined in the stage, only backstage crew-workers might get away. As for Kalos I think I like that idea because of the utlimatim. The realism behind your arguments I had not yet considered. But even so Kalos would disallow them to get on stage if they would go trough a rough time.
11/13/2006 #15
SP777
*sigh* I keep forgetting that FF.net & its Forums are second-rate compared to what's new out there. That reply about the wallpapers was for RoyalBlueK. But clicking on the 'reply' button in that post did me NO good it seems, I shouldn't be surprised considering how things are in this website. Ancient, I didn't realize you had a link to a website of yours. Anyway hope that cleared it up for you. *** Now as I was saying, 'Hurry up RoyalBlue!!!'
11/13/2006 #16
Royal blueKitsune
Well let's see...the 'thing' you sent me was posted and ready. *salutes* It's on the new community I told you about! *grins* You should see it here...credit goes to you of course! http://community.livejournal.com/sl_snowblossom/profile My site I won't use that much because Bravenet has changed and controlling it and my poor site is harder now. . As for that Swan Lake wallpaper...I've somewhat made a new one with the theme of Leon and Sora embracing. Also on the site sl_snowblossom. I hope you like it *bows and salutes again* This message if for SP777...just in case.
11/13/2006 #17
C.Majalis
Tenshi: (grins) Hello there! I usually don't go to forums often, unless there's a challenge, but discussing LeonxSora pairings is a temptation I definitely cannot resist! (squeals) Big fan of Kitsune's and ain't afraid ta show it either! Leon is cold, stoic, aloof, and harsh; in short, he's an iceblock... But fortunately Sora's warm, outgoing, kind, and selfless; just the person to melt Leon's cold heart so it can stop pumping ice through his veins! Their just the perfect couple, I really dislike couples who are, in the exact same way, alike. I like contrasting pairings, like how the winter freezes the hearts of people; and spring and summer warm them up. Cold and warm, calm and energetic, innocent and tainted... get it? Well anyways, I'm gonna go and read Kitsune's ficcies now! Ja ne! ^_^
11/21/2006 #18
SP777
To: Lil' Tenshi... that's a interesting way of describing them...he is winter, she is spring.
11/26/2006 #19
Kisaiyo
Hmm... Other than just LeonXSora, and KenXSora, there is always YuriXSora left, and that is a pretty good pairing. Leon and Sora could make a fanfiction very interesting, but nonetheless a bit predictable, and Ken and Sora pairing are as a lot of you say, lukewarm, and not very interesting, but there is always more than one way to go about these kinds of things. If you think more about this pairing, you could probably use it to make quite an impressive fanfiction because number one: In fanfictions, you can always make characters OOC and you can also do AU fics. Number Two: If you make Ken OOC things are less predictable. Number Three: When making an AU fanfic, possibilities can pretty much become limitless. The YuriXSora pairing isn't seen quite often, but in my opinion, this pairing is similar to the LeonXSora pairing, but Yuri seems more devious, and he can make for a very dynamic character depending on who is writing the fanfic. In short, since the LeonXSora pairing is seen so often it's a bit too predictable in most cases. KenXSora pairings can be boring, or they can be entertaining and less predictable if characters become OOC or are made in an AU fanfic. Lastly, YuriXSora pairings can make for a dramatic fanfic, or somewhat of a standstill when it comes to relationships. This is just my opinion so I hope this didn't offend anyone... ^ ^;;
12/17/2006 #20
Royal blueKitsune
I see Yuri more with Layla but I guess you're right. He could be paired up with Sora too. *chuckles* If the pairings LeonxSora would be seen so often I wouldn't have started writing them. I think it's more Layla/Sora or any other shoujo-ai pairing that comes to mind.
12/17/2006 #21
C.Majalis
Tenshi: (shivers) Sorry I'm not a fanatic when it comes to yuri or yaoi, it just seems a little wrong to me... SORAxLEON FOREVER!! Let me give you one reason as to why she shouldn'e be paired with Yuri or Ken. Yuri 1. He's seen mostly with Layla Ken 1. ... umm... he's a bit of a wimp. He's strong-hearted but he looks ike he wants to faint everytime Sora comes near.
12/17/2006 #22
an ancient
LeonXSora not rare? Actually here on fanfiction its predominant. So far there are three fanfics about SoraXLayla. Three also about Sora and Rosetta. Still no long ones execpt Pheonix Reborn. Of course AU and OCC could make it happen and quite interesting, but I prefer staying true-blue to the original characters. Call it "Keepin' the magic" Sora and Leon also seem to be the predominant couple in all forums. It's all because of the whole second season. To me I've seen enough of the too, but thats just me. We must not forget that in ficiton everything is possible so SoraXSarah is just as possible. Hmmm ... wait ... gotta keep that in mind *writes down* Curious tough that Leon has been dropped out of the offical stuff relating to KS. I mean he missed out in the whole third Ova and then there the drama cd's. I don;t know japanese but there is some shoujo-ai context in it. Especially Layla and Sora shouting eachothers name outloud until Ken, the bum, interrupts them. The b***. Sora actually with other men just is boring and this being a shoujo anime, its to be expected her to be couple with some of the other girls. My final word on this is that lately all fics with Sora have become somewhat boring. There are just too many of them and as the main character there is a lot me know about her. Only the out of the line pairings spark some interest. Back to Leon Sora. Again I think I've seen the forbidden fruit leon, sora the curious eve, thing. But maybe its just me, I just don't like to stick with the rest of any community ... back to thinking about SoraXSarah
12/17/2006 #23
SP777
Responding in General... You know, I was going to keep quiet but that last response had exclamation points popping out of my head. :-) Sora & Sarah??? Heh! Guys, I'm AMAZED nobody has mentioned...Sora & Dio. Remember him? I thought for sure Sora would take a shining to a cute guy like him and you can do whatEVER you want with him. Writing-wise, not physical. ..and yes, there is a possible relationship with him. I see a lot of people are getting on the 'tired of Leon & Sora' bandwagon now. Well you have to admit, there WAS a lot of mentioning of Yuri [..and don't forget Layla], before the other 'c*** of the hen house' strolled in and stole his thunder. ...and actually there WEREN'T a lot of stories with Leon until a CERTAIN person ..*cough*RoyalBlue*cough*..took it upon themselves to start a Revolution! :-) Then a few folks kinda picked it up. Yes folks, Leon Oswald IS forbidden fruit...and we KNOW what happened in the Garden of Eden. So, we ladies, would LOVE to take a bite. *** by the way, is anybody having trouble getting onto the story websites? My downloading has become slower ever since they changed things.
12/17/2006 #24
SP777
Responding in General... You know, I was going to keep quiet but that last response had exclamation points popping out of my head. :-) Sora & Sarah??? Heh! Guys, I'm AMAZED nobody has mentioned...Sora & Dio. Remember him? I thought for sure Sora would take a shining to a cute guy like him and you can do whatEVER you want with him. Writing-wise, not physical. ..and yes, there is a possible relationship with him. I see a lot of people are getting on the 'tired of Leon & Sora' bandwagon now. Well you have to admit, there WAS a lot of mentioning of Yuri [..and don't forget Layla], before the other 'c*** of the hen house' strolled in and stole his thunder. ...and actually there WEREN'T a lot of stories with Leon until a CERTAIN person ..*cough*RoyalBlue*cough*..took it upon themselves to start a Revolution! :-) Then a few folks kinda picked it up. Yes folks, Leon Oswald IS forbidden fruit...and we KNOW what happened in the Garden of Eden. So, we ladies, would LOVE to take a bite. *** by the way, is anybody having trouble getting onto the story websites? My downloading has become slower ever since they changed things.
12/17/2006 #25
an ancient
exactly, he is, she is ... repetetive isn't it? Personally I think its time to go to pastures new and explore other ideas. SoraXDio ... hmm Dio and Yuri seem pretty similar ... we konw to little about him ... so I think anyone picking it up would have an easy time making it belivable. Yes, there was a lot of mentioning of Yuri just because of the predominance of LeonXSora. SarahXSora came to mind when Marion and Mia were talking about the Andy-Sarah-Kalos love triangle. I know they were referring to Kalos and Sora, but just how odd is that? ...very, and that's exactly what makes it soo interesting .... exciting even I boldly state.:P It's the idea that no one has thought of it before and honsetly now this would be pretty hard to pull off. And tht brings me up to my main point in all that regards shoujo-ai. It's not your usual romance. Think about it. What are the difficulties with the pair? 1. worrying about acceptence 2. trying to figure out how to "get together" 3. dealing with personality or past issues of self and desired partner 4. confessing and that suff 5. discovering what its like 6. diffuclties of comunication or behaviour 7. overcoming those difficulties now then, that sums up a pure spritiual relationship (leaving events aside) now then for example SoraXSarah, there is a lot of potential for conflict and most of all ... DRAMA! and thats all i like ... i'll continue later on that, gotta go
12/18/2006 #26
Fefe-chan
I really don´t think she´ll end up with Ken... Neven with Leon, or even Yuri... Sora is like one of these girls that you can dream about pairing with your favourite male character, and even if I enjoy seeing love triangles about Sora, Leon and Ken, and don´t really have a preference between the two boys, I don´t really think they´ll be together. And I think that she´s a shoujo-ai character... With all that ´Miss Laila! I wanna be with Miss Laila! Miss Laila is so perfect!´ I don´t see har as a straight character... Yeah, if I dream, I see her with Ken or Leon, and if I go straight to the point, I see her with some girl... I really do hate shoujo ai...
3/28/2007 #27
Miss Layla
Ok...here's my opinion. Sora is always paired to these people: Leon, Yuri, Layla and Ken. If possible, I could give opinions for each. Leon - this is my choice. Due to the many Leon-Sora fanfics i've read here in FF.net, I say this couple is really a great one. Whenever there's an M-rated fanfic about them, I realize how sweet, tender and romantic Leon could be and because of that, I'm starting to have my crazy crush on Leon again. Yuri - well, I dont agree with him being paired with Sora because like RoyalBK said, we see him more with Layla. But I can't help reading fanfics about them. The Yuri-Sora pairing is nice and funny, that's all I can say. Layla - I started to like shoujo-ai a few months ago just because of this pairing. I know it's kinda nice for Layla and Sora to hook up with each other but I think they could just be really close friends who share secrets to one another just like regular girls do but seeing them as lesbians kinda freaks me out. Ken - I was a fan of this pairing before but I started to like Leon-Sora, so I ignored it already. All I can say is that, if Ken finally does admit his affection for Sora, then maybe there's a chance. Overall, my choice is Leon for Sora...I don't want this pairing to be somewhat disturbed by either Layla or Yuri because my favorite KS pairings are Layla-Yuri and Leon-Sora.
5/28/2007 #28
Royal blueKitsune
[q]The last thing I can think of about now is subtility. Now Leon as most Scorpio people (and I should know being ascendant in them) have this habit of dead-panning. But behind that seemingly lost meaningless look lies an ocean of thoughts. However it isn't unreadable, altough difficult. My point is that Sora lacks the ... let's call them 'intuitive skills' to figure out what goes behind his eyes. She as most Segaterius is bluntly honest and altough Sora would probably not realize it, but she could hurt him deeply[/q] Okay...let me just add that this is not necessarily true. And I'm not speaking from the point of view of a Sora/Leon fan. I'm a Sagittarius myself - I can tell you now and here, no hesitation, that the last trait someone would ever give me would be blunt honesty. Never, ever, ever! *grins* I'd rather spin in circle and take the long way than to ever hurt someone's feelings. I am the type of person who takes great pains in not hurting another's feelings if I can help it. *cough* I am a bit clueless I admit, but not all things fly above my head and into the blue wide sky. ^___^
6/14/2007 #29
Royal blueKitsune
[q]I see a lot of people are getting on the 'tired of Leon & Sora' bandwagon now[/q] *shrugs* For all those who think that (not you! Just...others!) I say - don't like, don't read. I love reviews *cough* no kidding *cough* but I do mainly write for my own pleasure. This pairing is and will always be my OTP - aleternate universe or not. [q]...and actually there WEREN'T a lot of stories with Leon until a CERTAIN person ..*cough*RoyalBlue*cough*..took it upon themselves to start a Revolution! :-) Then a few folks kinda picked it up.[/q] *winks* I feel special.
6/14/2007 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: loyalhero90
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member