Cats Rants
Got something about Cats you want to get off your chest? This is the place for you.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Ickle Putty Tat
Let us know what you think about mates - who's mates with who and which cat should never be mates with another cat.
8/15/2006 #1
Ickle Putty Tat
I don't know about you, but I don't understant the idea of same sex relations in a tribe of cats. I mean in real life cats aren't gay!
8/16/2006 #2
Alex0821
And - as far as we know - they also don't sing and dance (haha). I mean really, it's just for entertainment value that we allow same-sex relations within our fanfics. Or, that's my opinion at least. I don't personally have any "favorite" pairings, myself. However, I do have "least-favorite" pairings. For instance, I hate the idea of Misto and Victoria. They just don't seem like they're together. I think the movie shows that they're good friends (they're seen together a lot, but I don't think it's because they're mates). And also, I mean come on now, she does that dance with Plato. I also don't like Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer being mates; I believe they're siblings.
8/16/2006 #3
Miss Tinkerbell
I think you're right Alex, Mungo and Rumpel (can't be bothered typing full names) are siblings, Mungo being slightly older than Rumpel..or that could be debated. I like the pairing of Demeter and Munkustrap..it just looks cute to me. Same sex relations are wrong because real cats don't do that, well they don't sing and dance either. Although whenever there is a full moon my cat stares at it and makes noises......So maybe they only sing..
8/18/2006 #4
Bomba-Fae
I just don't think that cat's can have a same sex realtionship. I mean the musical is about cats and cats just aren't gay... And it's just wrong. I mean it ruins the whole purpose of the mating dance, the pair off dance and alot of other stuff that seems to happen. And it just isn't realistic... Thats just my opinion anyway. About mungo and rumple, misto/viki. I actually don't care what they're paired up as. They can be mates/siblines or both. I also think it depends on what show you see. Alex does have a point though, Vicki had to of done the mating dance with plato for a reason. Well everyone already know's my favourite paring lol (I'd be shocked . But other then Tugger/bomba I also like the idea (or just started to) like the idea of Jemi/Misto or Jemi/pouncival. I never really thought about Jemima before, so I used to pair her up with Tumblebrutus because I never thought of him much either. I also think exotica/rumpuscat make a cute couple... And I use to only like Alonzo with Cassandra but now I also like him with Tanto thanks to Aevany lol. Hmm so many choices, so little brain power time lol. Well I guess that about does it for me.
8/22/2006 #5
Bomba-Fae
EDIT: I meant to say I'd be shocked if you didn't know who it was by now lol) Ooooops my bad lol.
8/22/2006 #6
Ceresava
While I don't think slash pairings in CATS is wrong, the same sex pairings don't rate high on my list. I enjoy a good slashfic every now and then, if it's well written. My favorite pairings ~~~ Munkustrap and Demeter (as a couple) - Because it's just really sweet. US!Alonzo and Demter (as a couple) - Same as above, adopted after I saw the American tour. London!Alonzo and Cassandra (as a couple) - ((Got to go. Will edit more in later.))
8/23/2006 #7
Alex0821
I used to be a huge fan of Alonzo and Cassandra, but Aevany Storm convinced me that Alonzo and Tantomile was a much better pairing. XD
8/23/2006 #8
Miss Tinkerbell
Alonzo and Tantomile? Wow...I never thought about it...I actually like Alonzo and Jemimia myself...if you look in the background of the video in The Jellicle Ball you can see them having fun together...its sweet!!
8/24/2006 #9
Bomba-Fae
That's true and I've often watched them but that seems like the only time their together. At the begining to the ball when Viki and Jemima are dancing together and then Alonzo come's on like "Jellicle cats are black and white" he's like flirting with Viki too. I dont know who he should be paired up with. I like Cassandra AND tantomile aswell as I dont mind him with Jemima... Alex who do you think Tumble should be with since you played him?
8/24/2006 #10
Alex0821
Oh, that's so nice that you asked me! Here's my opinion... See, we had it that Tumblebrutus has a rather strong crush on Cassandra (they do the sensual section together in our production, as well). However, I would not pair them off together; rather, I think he would be best with Jemima, personally. Electra also would have worked, but we didn't have on in our production.
8/24/2006 #11
Ickle Putty Tat
Hellow, everyone, have you missed me? I'm home from my holidays (A whole fortnight without my computer!) I really think that Pouncivil & Electra are a really cute couple - awwww Puppy love. As for Cassandra and Alonzo, come on guys! Cassandra was all over Alonzo in the Video!
9/1/2006 #12
Alex0821
Well, yes, but Alonzo was all over everyone ELSE in the video, as well (i.e. Bombalurina, Jemima, etc)
9/1/2006 #13
Bomba-Fae
AND he got regected by Bombalurina. He was seen with Cassandra alot.
9/1/2006 #14
Alex0821
Yes, but my point is that he tries to get with a WHOLE lot of queens. The fact that he's seen with Cassandra slightly more is really irrelevant.
9/1/2006 #15
Bomba-Fae
Such a Tugger wanna be lol.
9/1/2006 #16
Ickle Putty Tat
Oh, come on Guys. Tugger is all over the queens, but everyone still says Bombalurina and him are mates.
9/2/2006 #17
Alex0821
I don't. I actually don't think either one has a mate yet. However, I did make them "going out", if you will, in one of my stories. However, this doesn't reflect my true beliefs.
9/2/2006 #18
Bomba-Fae
Actually they are. I know I sound like an obsessed person here BUT actually they're said to be boyfriend and girlfriend or mates in some shows. My freind's mother was in CATS in the national tour a few years ago and that's what she said. THey just like to play around. And in one production (I forget which) Bombalurina was mates with Munkustrap but really liked Tugger way more... And my friend went to see CATS a few weeks ago and she met some of the actor's. THe one who played Bombalurina was just like "I'm suppose to be the Rum Tum Tugger's girlfriend, but I'm too good for him" Anyway in some show's they are suppose to be mates. That and the fact they were made to look good together. ANd most of the time thats all someone needs to see. LOL now that you think about it; alot of the CATS relations are weried cause they're desplayed more human then cat. Like in alot of the shows, most of the cats have one mate, and in real life it's not like that at all.... That was just something that alway's interested me. ^_^
9/2/2006 #19
Ickle Putty Tat
And Alonzo & Cassandra can't do that?
9/3/2006 #20
Bomba-Fae
Of course they can. LOL Cassandra is the one who I like the most with Alonzo. Another thing that's always bothered me is that no one seems to mind when alonzo/cassandra but people mind now when it's tugger/bom. And at the end of Tugger's song; when pouncival is hitting on Bombalurina; Plato(i'm really to lazy to try and find out the toms name) is doing the excact thing to Cassandra. Cassandra and Alonzo are flirts; and people like them together. Tugger and BOm are flirts and people say it would never work together! Why? I don't understand; if Cassandra and Alonzo are like that and can still be mates so can Tugger and Bombalurina.
9/3/2006 #21
Miss Tinkerbell
Yes! I dunno why people don't like Bom and Tugger. You have an excellent point Bombalurinasara!!
9/3/2006 #22
Ickle Putty Tat
I'm more for stable relationships with a twist - like Demeter and Munkustrap. The trouble is too many people write about Bomb&Tugger. Can't the focus alittle more on the less popular cats?
9/3/2006 #23
Miss Tinkerbell
Yeah, stable relationships are better...Munk and Dem are sooo cute!!
9/3/2006 #24
Ickle Putty Tat
Cute? I was thinking more along the lines of soul mates. Munk protects Deme from Macavity ands a love has begun - even though it was soooooo blindingly obviose.
9/3/2006 #25
Miss Tinkerbell
Yes they are soul mates, obviously, i just think its really sweet. They are better together than Alonzo and Cassandra..I don't get how in sum productions Munk and Bomb are paired....very wrong. I don't think Munk could handle Bomb's flirting
9/3/2006 #26
Ickle Putty Tat
You are sooo right!!! Bombalurina is just too overpowering for Munk. I also dot't get it when people say that Demeter and Macavity had a relationship. If Deme had loved Mac, she wouldn't fear him, would she?
9/3/2006 #27
Alex0821
Umm... Demeter DID have a relationship with Macavity, as did Bombalurina. That's why they're singing the song. Basically, Demeter found Macavity too rough for her, but Bombalurina found it rather attractive. This is Andrew Lloyd Webber saying this, not me.
9/3/2006 #28
Bomba-Fae
Very true Alex. Munk and Dem are really nice together. And I HATE it when Bom is paired up with Munk too. It doesn't make sence! Thats why in the production I was talking about above; she was mainly with Tugger but was mates with Munkustrap (don't ask; I have no clue how that works). Tugger also has a thing for Bombalurina and she has a thing for him too(duh) and that's why they gave her the line in his song. And why on stage they have a spat the whole time. K this has nothing to do with the topic or cats but I just got tickets to go see WIcked!:D :D :D! *caughs* ahem... Well.... K I'll go now...
9/3/2006 #29
Bomba-Fae
But also, alot of people focus on Munk/Demi too.
9/3/2006 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Ickle Putty Tat
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member