Dib: Earth's Hero
Hey there, this forum is all about our favorite jr. paranormal investigator. Sure, few to none earthlings on the show like him, but he has some obsessed fans out here! Come on in, I know you want to, I can see it in your eyes!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
JoyWillCome

Anyone have songs that make them think of Dib?

4/6/2008 #1
tere moto the sentry

Well, there's "Unwell" by MatchboxTwenty.

4/11/2008 #2
Dibsthe1

Ever since I read NightmareKitty's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" it has been impossible for me to listen to that song (by Green Day) and not think of Dib.

4/13/2008 #3
tere moto the sentry

Yeah. I've thought that song sounded like him too.

4/13/2008 #4
Wikitiki99

My poor, obsessed brain morphs every song I hear to make me think of Dib.

...and Zim, too. DX

4/14/2008 #5
JoyWillCome

Ugh, mine too.XD Well, I have to agree with tere moto the sentry and Dibsthe1 on the ones they said. I always think of Dib when I hear those songs.

When I have time I'll post the songs I think of, but there are too many and right now I'm in school.

4/14/2008 #6
JoyWillCome

On an unrelated note, I love how all four icons currently on this page are of Dib.

4/14/2008 #7
tere moto the sentry

Yay! Long live the Dib fandom!

4/17/2008 #8
JoyWillCome

I still don't have enough time to list all of the songs that remind me of Dib, but right now I'm listening to Stars, by Switchfoot, and I think it's a very Dibbish song.=) It fits his personality well.

4/17/2008 #9
tere moto the sentry

Never heard that one.

4/17/2008 #10
JoyWillCome

Hm. It's pretty good. I always think of Dib when I hear it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_Fj7wbc3Zc

4/17/2008 #11
tere moto the sentry

Only thing from Switchfoot I've heard was "Meant to Live". Pretty philosophical song.

4/17/2008 #12
JoyWillCome

Mhm. A lot of their's are like that. That's partly why I like them.

4/17/2008 #13
The Torminator

Well...there's "Glittering Clouds" by Imagene(spelling?) Hemp, even though that's both Dib and Zim...and "Anima Libera" by Dj Raaban reminds me of his sillier side.XD I also think a lot of Oingo Boingo songs are Dibbish. Like "Just Another Day," "Fool's Paradise," "Private Life," "Help Me," and "Same Man I Was Before." Perhaps some others...I always mess with songs in my head...Oh! Just thought of another one! "Crazy" by Gnarles Barkly. Yeah, whenever I hear a song, I think about my favorite cartoons and books. For "Crazy" I also thought about the book Warriors for a while...

4/26/2008 #14
KJMathers

Lawl 'Aliens Exist' by Blink 182. It is impossible for me to listen to this song without seeing Invader ZIM clips in my head. Man. I need a laptop of my own and a Youtube account. Then I could make totally awesome Invader ZIM Music Videos (featuring Dib, of course.) Oh, and I think the other song is 'One Step Closer' or something like that. It is by Linkin' Park

5/4/2008 #15
MissMune

Oooh, yes. Probably too many, since I tend to attach songs to characters/pairings/etc. that I like.

So, let's see....

By Five Iron Frenzy:

"You Can't Handle This", (Only because I saw an AMV to him with this song... and it's been stuck with me EEEEVER sense. Captain James T. Kirk bows beneath Dib's fists, apparently) and "My Evil Plan to Save the World".

By The Barenaked Ladies:

"Take it Back" and "Maybe You're Right" (In particular the very end of the song: "Maybe you're right, but I don't think so.")

By They Might Be Giants

"Destination: Moon", "Your Own Worst Enemy" (Uh, but this one makes me think of both Dib and ZIM.) and "Snowball in Hell" (Mainly because it was the inspiration for one of my fics without me even realizing it. Now that I do, though, I kind of wish I would have named it "Snowball in Hell". Ah, well.)

EDIT: Oh, and one more I just remembered. "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional. Couldn't give you my reasons for that one, though.

10/28/2008 . Edited 11/8/2008 #16
Duck Life

YAY!!! Finally another TMBG fan!!! I love those songs for Dib. I just found this forum and I think it's awesome!

I wanted to say "Disproportioned Head" by... someone. I forget. I saw it in a Youtube vid.

2/27/2010 #17
Sierra259

Whenever I hear the song "Hero" by Chad Kroeger, it reminds me of Dib.

4/27/2010 #18
KJMathers

I've been listening to songs I've never heard before. So, I have some new songs.

Vindicated- Dashboard Confessional

Time of Dying and Scared by Three Days Grace (blame some really good A/CMVs on these two. No idea really why they remind me of him.)

5/15/2010 #19
AgentInvaderMinionofDoom

Yeah, "Unwell" one of my favorites that remind me of Dib. Also, "It Ends Tonight" by The All American Rejects.

7/27/2010 . Edited 7/27/2010 #20
Inventor of ZADRF

So this is my first time writing on a forom thing but yeah... i have plenty of songs that remind me of dib, but my favorite and most recent is "Christmas Shoes" since nobody knows what happened with Dib's mom or if he even had one. plus i think dib is soooo cute, so imagine him as that cute little boy asking to buy those shoes for his dying mom, "I want her to look beautiful, If mama meets Jesus tonight."

Some of you may disagree but i think it fits so perfectly if Dib has a mom

10/2/2010 #21
Duck Life

He never had a mom, Prof. Membrane cloned him and Gaz in tubes.

10/2/2010 #22
metasgirl

'Stand and Scream' by Krystal Meyers

'Paranoid' by IDK who...

Yaya.

5/8/2011 #23
LaynThePurpleRaccoonGirl

"Parallel Worlds" by Eliot Minor, or "You Can't Take Me" by Brian Adams. XD Two of my favorite songs of course...

9/17/2011 #24
AspenTree97

Ever since I saw a video on youtube with scenes from Dib's Wonderful Life of Doom I always think of Dib when I hear the song Fireflies by Owl City. It was scenes from the show put together to make it vaguely look like Dib was singing, but the scenes that show him asleep are so cute. I wish I knew how to make a video, but I don't even have a camera to record stuff with. Heck, I don't even have a cell phone.

10/3/2011 #25
LaynThePurpleRaccoonGirl
*winces* Ouch, I feel fer ya, I'm lacking in the electronics section too... :/ I SAW THAT VIDEO!!! ^.^ It was quite good, and I do reckon that Owl City suits him(Adam Young for the WIN), but I think that 'Galaxies' or 'Angels' fit him better(both by Owl City). And call me crazy, but does anyone else watch Phineas and Ferb? Anyone heard 'Busted'? *looks up* Wow...unnecisaraly long post.... 0.0
10/4/2011 #26
AspenTree97

Hey! I thought I was the only person who watches Phineas and Ferb even though it's way to young for me!

I don't know if I've seen that episode, so you'll have to give me details. I'm like a computer(NEED MORE INPUT). But, if anyone needs to know the name of any of the aired Invader Zim episodes, well I'm right here. Oh, and I'm not only lacking a phone, by the way. I don't have an ipod, or an mp3 thingy, or a TV in my room, or...I think you get the point. I'M SO DEPRIVED!*Sob*

10/5/2011 #27
LaynThePurpleRaccoonGirl

I have an Ipod, and a-that's...that's it. Ah, well. At least I have access to a computer, even if it's not mine. *shrug*

Yes!! You are not the only one!! Phineas and Ferb for the WIN!!! There's actually a tribute on Youtube using IZ clips and the song 'Busted'...cracked me up!!! I dunno the exact episode, but I'll remember it at some random point in time, like tomorrow in the middle of my huge math test. I'll sit up and yell the name of the episode, then realize that I forgot how to add4.6443122/434633 to 2053/534323.43534 and then divide by 3.14, and I'll fail the test.

*sigh*

10/10/2011 #28
AspenTree97

What math class are you in?! Jeez! That's some crazy stuff, unless, of course, you're just exaggerating.

I think I may favorite you cause you like IZ and Phineas and Ferb and stuff. And cause your pen name is awesome. And cause I'm babbling to myself and need something better to do... Yeah, I'm insane...

10/11/2011 #29
LaynThePurpleRaccoonGirl

Daww...tankies!!! I've got all kinds of oneshots for every fandom that I've ever liked written out and sitting on my desk, and I'm too lazy to actually (heaven forbid) type them up and post them.

Ah, well. Maybe someday I'll get around to doing that...and what a coincidence, for I am insane as well.

10/11/2011 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Deyinel
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member