Dib: Earth's Hero
Hey there, this forum is all about our favorite jr. paranormal investigator. Sure, few to none earthlings on the show like him, but he has some obsessed fans out here! Come on in, I know you want to, I can see it in your eyes!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
The Torminator

Yeah...I don't really like messing with my hair much either. I read that little story-one-shot-thing. It's good. It gave me an idea for a one shot myself...though it did not turn out good.

6/25/2008 #31
ManosHands

Does anyone know what happened to dibsthe1?

6/26/2008 #32
The Torminator

No, sorry...

6/26/2008 #33
JoyWillCome

She/he's still around I think... I saw some recents posts of their's on the "Gaz the More Mature One" thread.

6/26/2008 #34
The Torminator

Oh yeeeaaah...come to think of it...I think I saw those too.

6/26/2008 #35
JoyWillCome

:\ Why did this thread die? I liked it.

9/27/2008 #36
Dibsthe1

:\ Why did this thread die? I liked it.

It's been very quiet in this forum lately. I haven't seen anything from tere moto the sentry for ages. Is she still around?

I haven't read any IZ fics for a while now (and I'm sure you can figure out why that is). However, I had been checking this forum and it was stuck at 451 posts for weeks. (Heh, Fahrenheit 451.)

9/29/2008 #37
JoyWillCome

I don't know if she's still around... I haven't seen much of anyone. I haven't really read anything either. Too many pairings, too many badly done OCs, it's just hard to find anything good anymore.

9/30/2008 #38
tere moto the sentry

I've returned!!! My excuse is this forum hasn't been doing anything.

Did you see the announcement, DT1? The backlogged PMs and stuff are coming in! Have ya got those 2 from me? I got the one saying you hadn't heard from me in forever.

BTW I have been on this site lately a bit, just elsewhere...

9/30/2008 #39
Dibsthe1

I've returned!!! My excuse is this forum hasn't been doing anything.

Did you see the announcement, DT1? The backlogged PMs and stuff are coming in! Have ya got those 2 from me? I got the one saying you hadn't heard from me in forever.

Ah! *Hugs!!!* I've been wondering where you were!

I still haven't received one review alert, story alert, forum post, or anything else from this site in what has to be months now. I don't know what's up with that. It's like this site is as disgusted with me as I am with it ( gloating Dib torture and mindless Gaz idolatry).

I see you've added a fic, a Fairly Oddparents one. I must read it sometime.

Are "Shifting Sands" and "And Still He Stood" on hiatus too? You needn't answer that if you don't want to.

10/1/2008 #40
Dibsthe1

She just answered our question! Tere is alive and well!

They're not making fics like they used to, that's for sure. However, paaaaaiiiirings regularly get more reviews than anything else. In my case it was more because of all that Dib hatred that doesn't even have the guts to call itself what it is, Dib hatred.

10/1/2008 #41
tere moto the sentry

*hug back* Why thank you!

I had no idea you were familiar with Fairly Oddparents. Anyway, Old Flame is a break from my usual, it's actually a humor fic.

And no, those 2 aren't on hiatus. I do plan on finishing them, and my sincerest apologies to my readers that ASHS's last chapter still hasn't come-I realize it's been a year and a half...I'm like halfway through the last chap.

I hope you get the backlogged stuff coming to you, Dibsthe1!

10/1/2008 #42
JoyWillCome

Honestly, the majority of the crud in the IZ fandom is turning me off to this place. I only come every once in a while to skim through and see if anything's worth reading.

10/1/2008 #43
Dibsthe1

The forum section in general seems to be slowing down, in terms of posts anyway. Despite this people still keep adding forums, and they see no activity at all.

I wonder how many others are being turned off for the same reason you are?

By now, the actual writing is the least of the problems. After correcting several dozen essays a week written by kids whose first language isn't even English, I find the grammar here to be a step UP.

10/3/2008 #44
Dibsthe1

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get another alert from this place.

I'd say you have quite a few people wondering about ASHS, but personally I'm curious about SS.

10/3/2008 #45
tere moto the sentry

Well, I have made it through like half of SS Ch2 as well.

10/6/2008 #46
Dibsthe1

Yay, good news!

I'm going to have to ask you to email me yourself when you post it, please. I posted two new fics last night but not one single review showed up in my email account. Thanks!

10/6/2008 #47
Dibsthe1

PS. Thank you very much for the review! Yes, horrible AND true.

If you haven't already reviewed my other one, please read the review it got before you read the fic itself. Thanks.

10/6/2008 #48
tere moto the sentry

Which review?

And look! My second fan-iversary is today! I'm a Fanatic!

10/24/2008 #49
tere moto the sentry

Has anyone seen the commercial for the new Nicktoons video game? I remember seeing a glimpse of a large-eyed character with hair shaped like a scythe...wonder who that is...heh heh.

11/5/2008 #50
MissMune

Hope you don't mind me jumping in.

But, I did see that commercial! I was amazed that they would actually put Dib in a video game. Strangely, though, it seems that Dib is considered one of the playable 'villian' characters... I mean, I know that Invader ZIM can be ambiguous with the whole 'hero/villian' thing but... really? Really? Dib is a villian?

That just totally surprised me.

11/8/2008 #51
JoyWillCome

I saw that commercial. I didn't see Dib at all, but maybe I just missed him.

11/9/2008 #52
JoyWillCome

Woah... so, I looked it up, and Zim's a playable hero and Dib's a villain. I agree with MissMune about that, it is kind of strange that Dib's the villian. It's also strange that they'd put them with mostly more recent Nick characters, but I'm not complaining about that. It's just cool that they're in there at all. It also looks like there's actually a lot of IZ stuff in that game. I see some screenshots with GIR and some places from the IZ universe like Skool and Zim's base. It makes me wanna buy a Wii.

11/9/2008 #53
MissMune

Yeah, it seems like one of the level's is Dib and ZIM's town, which is really neat. Has any other nicktoons game ever visited that town? I've never been one to play them, so I'm not really sure. Also, seeing that GIR screenshot, I'm wondering if GIR is a boss. Since he's clearly in duty mode and is attached to these gigantic metal tube things. Maybe legs? In any case, what I was really curious about ever since I heard about this game was whether or not they'd get the original voice actors... and it seems they have. Or, as far as I know they have. So... I think I'm going to have to go out and rent this game and see what it's like.

11/9/2008 #54
Dibsthe1

Yay, that makes both of us! *highfives*

The first one for "What Really Happened: Game," the one that says both characters came off as jerkish, although through private messaging I have since found out it was more an innocent misunderstanding.

Overall, though, I'll never understand it. Gaz constantly treating Dib worse than the dirt under her nails gets HER called "cool"... but Dib just looking like he's even thinking about standing up to her is enough to get HIM called "jerkish."

11/11/2008 #55
Dibsthe1

"Mind"? It's great to see you here!!

Did you ever open a large graphics file in a program that's too simple and primitive for it, or mess up your screen resolution and you see the colors all messed up? That's what I liken that to.

You know and I know there were never meant to BE heroes and villains in IZ. (Although Gaz sure does come off as villainous in some eps.) IZ is far too complicated and ambiguous a series to easily fit into the Plant an Orchard of Money Trees and Get Rich Yesterday world of commerce. The video game universe is built around Good Guys and Bad Guys, with the player being the Good Guy to get more instant gratification. Sitting around debating with oneself, "Should I utterly destroy this guy, or would that make me as evil as he is?" is hardly the way to rack up the high scores.

I very seldom play video games and I have never seen this one so this is just my guess, but that probably means that here at least Dib will actually win a lot of the time! The video games I've seen were programmed so that when the player loses the game, the Bad Guy wins.

11/11/2008 #56
MissMune

Aw, thank you.

I don't think I've done either of those, but I HAVE accidentally put a large magnet up against my television screen and that messed up the colors something fierce.

This is true, in most video games you are the Good Guy, however, in more recent generation games, there has been a lot more ambiguity in terms of "Good" and "Bad". Most of the time the "hero" of the tale is more like an "anti-hero". But that's neither here, nor there, I suppose. I don't generally play the types of games that have these type of main characters, though, not because of them, but because they're usually not my type of game. What I really like to see, though, is being able to play a Bad Guy and that rarely happens in video games, much to my chagrin. It's fun to be a hero and all, of course, but it gets kind of stale after a while.

Well, Dib is a playable villain, so he'll pretty much operate like a hero. Globs of Doom is a co-op game between one hero and one villain per level, both of which team together to fight the main villains in the game, these strange blob things that are controlling people. I'm not sure if which villain and which hero you have per stage is set or not, or if you get to choose which ones you play every time. I hope it's the latter, since I would pick Dib as the playable villain EEEVERY level.

Now, this is completely unrelated to the subject of video games, but has anyone ever dressed up as Dib? For Halloween or any other occasion? I'm just curious as I just did for Youmacon '08 two weeks ago and I'm wondering what sort of experiences other people may have had when doing so.

So, the hardest part of the costume, for me, was the hair. I couldn't find a wig in time so I just ended up dying my hair black and putting a lot of hair glue and blasting spray in it. It was as hard as a rock by the time it was done, and my friend pricked her finger when she tried to touch the very tip of my scythe. I even ended up sleeping on it and it wasn't affected at all when I woke up. It had a crazy amount of hold.

Now for actual experiences at the con. The one that sticks out to me the most was this lady that interviewed me (as Dib, of course). I remember some of it... up to the part when we started talking about GIR. I don't even remember what I said about that. Then people kept asking me for proof that aliens exist. And... of course, people kept calling my head big. Oh, and a few people wanted to hug me, too. That was pretty neat.

In conclusion? It was a lot of fun and I'd like to go as him again next year.

Uh, so, yes? Anyone else have any experiences as dressing up as Dib?

11/11/2008 #57
JoyWillCome

I was Dib for halloween this year. I didn't even bother with the hair because I didn't even have anything to put in it to keep it up, and I'd spent all my money on the trench coat, which was actually just a longish regular coat because I couldn't afford an actual trench coat. Only two people recognized me, both girls, and they said I was sexy, which was a bit.... awkward for me. But that's all. I'm guessing if I were dressed as... say, GIR, I'd have more people know who I am. But I still felt pretty cool, just being dressed as him.

11/11/2008 #58
tere moto the sentry

Yep. Halloween '07 I was Dib. With just the outfit, though. It was easy since I had found his shirt at Hot Topic and I had my mom's trench coat, my gray sweatpants, and my tall boots. I would have worn my colorless sunglasses (they look like regular glasses but have UV protection) but I couldn't find them.

11/22/2008 #59
MissMune

Gah, that does sound a bit awkward to be called sexy, like that... Still, I know what you mean about feeling cool to be dressed like him. It always makes me feel awesome to put on that shirt and trenchcoat when I go out... Course, now it's too cold to wear my trench... and I am sad.

Also, I didn't know they made colorless sunglasses, tere moto. The glasses I bought were cheap halloween fake glasses. It had a sticker that said 100% UV resistant... but it was NOT. Not at all. Plus they were all uncomfortable after a while. Bleh.

11/22/2008 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Deyinel
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member