Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
RudeArtist

One of the better Sci Fi romances is actually Han and Leia. For one, it worked. For two, it felt natural. We didn't have to hear a string of stupid, FAKE sounding dialogue that 'proved' that they were in love. Three, it was better acted.

Wow.... it's like Superman getting the little crazy guy to say his name backwards

12/2/2008 #61
madam-obscure

Han and Leia is one of my favorite couples. Of course, after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Predjudice.

That's the kind of romance I wish was protrayed more in entertainment.

12/2/2008 #62
trueroyalblue

I honestly liked Luke and Leia together as a couple until they turned out to be related......

12/2/2008 #63
militaryhistory

As to Son Kenshin's post--ehhhhhhh--it's been a while, so I'm unsure about the stalker part, but as to Padme being clueless--definitely. Although ranking Anakin with Edward on the creepy scale is being unfair to Anakin--I've never read Twilight, but I've read several reviews to see what the fuss was all about, and say what you will about Anakin, he never got in Padme's bed while she was asleep. However, as to the rest, Son Kenshin is correct.

12/2/2008 #64
madam-obscure

Has anyone seen the spoof of the Twilight trailer on Youtube?

I know it's off topic, but you have got to watch it. It's the funniest thing I've seen.

12/2/2008 #65
RudeArtist

What's Twilight?

12/3/2008 #66
madam-obscure

It's a book, and now movie.

12/3/2008 #67
RudeArtist

Oh..... What abouts?

12/3/2008 #68
Son Kenshin

Basically, a crappy plot like this:

Girl meets Vampire. Vampire meets Girl. Both fall in love. She figures out what an entire town couldn't that there were Vampires in town. Said vampire is a 'vegetarian' Said vampire walks in Daylight due to 'glitters'...

Said girl and Vampire get together. Later in the series, it is revealed that the simple act of love making for them ends up with girl being battered, bruised, and having several broken bones.

Starting to sound stupid isn't it?

12/3/2008 #69
RudeArtist

Not nearly as stupid as the plot of Perfect Creatures

12/3/2008 #70
trueroyalblue

Ignoring. Evil. Things. Said. About. Twilight.

And that scene is after they were married so it's not like you can judge them for premarriage sex.

12/3/2008 . Edited 12/3/2008 #71
Son Kenshin

Padfoot, the series is just *BAD*. And after they are married, it doesn't matter. The simple act of *sex* breaks her bones. Hell, even more disturbing is the fact that Jacob made that seal thing that will make Bella and Edward's little girl grow into a 16 year old at age 6. The mind of a six year old in the body of a 16 year old is still p***.

12/3/2008 #72
trueroyalblue

No, it's not ALL BAD. I hated the fact that Jacob made Bella *imprint* on her daughter. GROSS! Seriously, it's gross to be in love with the daughter that your previous love had. I just like the series overall.

And here's my...more positive... summary of Twilight: When Bella moves to Forks, Washington to live with her dad, she meets, and is captivated by her mysterious biology partner, Edward Cullen. Later, she finds out that he's a vampire and her world is flipped around after she and Edward fall in love. To add to all of it, rival vampires are after her blood and will stop at nothing to get it.

12/3/2008 #73
militaryhistory

What is "Perfect Creatures"? And yes, Lady Padfoot, I given what I have heard of Twilight, I find it to be annoying as just about anything I have ever heard of.

12/3/2008 #74
RudeArtist

Perfect Creatures is a New Zealand made Vampire movie set in a attempts to be an steampunk alturnate london. Not a bad move per-say jus not very good.

12/3/2008 #75
militaryhistory

Although if you're interested in steampunk I can recommed Fitzpatrick's War by Theodore Judson. It's about this future Earth where this guy named Robert Bruce writes his memoirs, which primarily concern his service to a man named Fitzpatrick who pulls an Alexander, and his book doesn't square with the official history of the matter. It's written like this professor has annotated it in various portions, outlining where he is "wrong." It's a pretty good read.

12/3/2008 #76
BLANKBLANKBLANKBLANKBLANKBLANX

I'm a kataanger here...

I think most people like zutara because of the whole "forbidden love"/"opposites attract" thing or they are zuko fangirls who imagine themselves as katara... And I'm sorry if I offend zutarians who don't like it for those reasons... No one seems to understand that katara is a kind and understanding person who cares about most (note I said most) zutarians and mistakes that for love.

I understand that people think aang is too young for katara but if he wasn't young then the whole plot wouldn't work. He is supposed to be a kid who is carefree being an airbender and has to learn and grow into his responsibility and mature in his role. I really wish that everyone could get along because I know alot of really nice zutarians and nice kataangers so I think we should at least try to think about the thing we all love.... Avatar

12/5/2008 #77
thebloodfiend

seeing as how I've only seen the movies and never read the stawars books I guess I shouldnt bad talk them

thinking it over I really don't like zutara in the show (i just don't like kataang in it either)

the real reason I'm a zutarian is because of the AU webcomic

I detest the idea of forbidden love, opposites attract that I sort of like

my mother won't even take me to see twilight because she says its a waste of money. and i agree but i just wanted to talk crap about it anyway

12/5/2008 #78
madam-obscure

issyleggat, I don't think we're not getting along. We're here to debate, and that's what we're doing. If you want a place where Kataangers and Zutarians sit in a circle singing camp fire songs, you won't find that in a forum like this one. Although, smores sounds really good right now. ; )

And I'm going to disregard everything else you said because it's irrelevant.

12/5/2008 #79
trueroyalblue

I resent the fact you referred to some of us as "fangirls" to Zuko imagining themselves as Katara. He's a frickin ANIMATED character! I have more of a chance with Taylor Lautner because he's actually ALIVE!

I agree with madam-obscure on what she said, too.

12/6/2008 #80
thebloodfiend

i hate the idea of being called a fangirl. i dont even like to imagine myself with imaginary characters. and i would die before i became katara. toph is much cooler dispite being short and blind.

I have more of a chance with Taylor Lautner because he's actually ALIVE!

even though he's like 3 years older than i am

12/10/2008 #81
thebloodfiend

And the rennessme crap disgusted me. I don't even care about Jacob not getting bella but that is just revolting to have him imprint on bellas daughter-a scene in the twilight future

jacob - you know nessie I use to date your mother

nessie - really my brother/father/lover/husband

jacob - yep we were in love,.....in fact I could be your father. i*** tonight at eight sound good?

nessie - yippie pappy yippie

that is not my cup of tea. and jacob was my favorite character in the whole book!

12/10/2008 #82
trueroyalblue

I know me too! Taylor's only 1 year older than me, so it's not so bad. XD

Team Edward people told me it was so "Jacob could still be a part of Bella's life"... YUCK! If I were Jacob I would rather NOT be apart of Bella's life if being a part of it meant Imprinting on her frickin DAUGHTER!

I'm actually on a Taylor Lautner fan forum. Haha- there you can go crazy about him and not get yelled at for not liking Edward... and Robert Pattinson made a sucky Edward...... got Jacob just right, though!

If I could be any character of Avatar I would be Suki because she's a kick-a** warrior!

12/10/2008 . Edited 12/10/2008 #83
madam-obscure

Suki pwns. Hands down.

It's a tie between Suki and season-two!Azula. Both have the same badass quality I like. Then again, being Ty Lee wouldn't be too bad. I've always wanted to be in a circus. Ah, I don't know. I really don't care to be any of them. They all have too many issues.

12/11/2008 #84
trueroyalblue

Suki doesn't have any issues (that Bryke showed us), another reason to choose her!!

12/11/2008 #85
militaryhistory

Sorry y'all but Sokka beats everyone. Swordsman, swordsmith, general tech dude--and one of two people in the entire group who can't bend.

12/11/2008 #86
Shadow the Impaler

If I could be any character of Avatar I would be Suki because she's a kick-** warrior!

I'd be the person who ends up marrying Ty Lee.

Naw, but seriously, I'd be Iroh. Old, wise, funny, and all he wants to do is open a successful tea shop.

12/12/2008 #87
militaryhistory

Yeah, Iroh's pretty cool. However, the reason Sokka's cool is that he can't bend, but yet is one of the most effective members of the team.

12/12/2008 #88
trueroyalblue

Yeah. The team found out how much they needed Sokka in the sword episode in Season 3 (sorry I can't remember the title!). They also found out that Katara is not the back up funny person in the team, lol!

Iroh is BEAST! I think my favorite is Suki, though. She's a kick-a** warrior who doesn't bend but is still very good. SPIDER SUKI!

12/15/2008 #89
militaryhistory

And this thread has died.

12/21/2008 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member