Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
WanderingChild96

I still believe in Zutara! What's your favorite zutara scene? Your favorite line? Share! And, remember, no one can sink our ship as long as there's a few zutarians to paddle!

11/27/2008 #1
InsertNamesHere

Woot! Power to the Zutarians!

Hmm...hard choice, favorite scene....it's either the 'Zuko hit by lightning' at the end, or the hug in Southern Raiders. Or any Katara yelling at Zuko. ^_^

Favorite line? Katara- Okay, you can get off of me now.

11/27/2008 #2
WanderingChild96

Yeah, I agree. I have to say I liked CRD, when she was yelling at him... It was so sweet... Until he betrayed everyone. My favorite line was "I thought you had changed!" "I have changed." Classic! ^_^

11/28/2008 #3
trueroyalblue

I love that line Zuko said in the Season One finale, "You rise with the moon. I rise with the sun!" Also loved the scene where Zuko tied her to a tree, lol!

12/1/2008 #4
RueBroadway

Also loved the scene where Zuko tied her to a tree, lol!

Lol, can you say bondage?!?

12/1/2008 #5
Alionh

I loved when Jun said Zuko and Katara were back together.

12/1/2008 #6
Son Kenshin

I hate to break up the party, but I have to say this:

It is nearly six months after the finale. Avatar: The Last Airbender has been repeated, in its entirety, on Nicktoons Network. It is time to move on. Zutara, Kataang, whatever, the show's been over for six months. It is time to go to a new fandom, or get on with our lives. The debate is over, Zutara lost and would never happen. All those Zutara scenes were misinformation. The creators mocked the Zutara Fandom in Ember Island Players. Now, it is time to move on, get to another fandom (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, whatever), and start moving forward. It is frankly...disturbing on about how much you people are posting about 'Zutara: Even after the Finale!' threads.

12/2/2008 #7
thebloodfiend

Its disturbing to see how much you like bringing other people down.

12/2/2008 #8
WanderingChild96

Yea, Summer's Frost, you're totally rite! We can still hope if we want to! We're zutarians! We're used to being let down, but we still believe! It's inevitable! BTW, I like the "I rise with the sun, you rise with the moon," line too. Hey, for anyone who's interested in a good zutara fan video, I saw this awesome one on Youtube, that's to the song Already Over by RED. Just type Zutara- Already Over into the search bar, and it's the one with the most hits. Sorry, don't have a link...

12/2/2008 #9
trueroyalblue

Son Kenshin, if you really believed that, you wouldn't be here. So you're really just a filthy hypocrite.

12/3/2008 #10
WanderingChild96

Now, Lady Padfoot21, I wouldn't go as far as to say that.

12/3/2008 #11
trueroyalblue

I would've added more, but I had to take my dog out so my post was cut short.

Son Kenshin: I understand that you have rights to be here as much as I do, but why on earth would you post on a very obvious Zutarian thread?! If you're aware that it will p*** you off and that you'll post something that will make others mad, DON'T CLICK ON IT! Obviously there are still people posting, and you were insulting more people than just Zutarians with your whole "It is time to move on. Zutara, Kataang, whatever, the show's been over for six months. It is time to go to a new fandom, or get on with our lives." Whether or not you had a crap day and just came on to vent, I believe it was still disrespectful and not necessary because it hurt other peoples opinions and ideas... and that's not right morally.

I have tried to be respectful, polite, and tolerant of your opinions of anything disagreeing with mine or others. But when you say them so disrespectfully and rudely when they could've been worded better, it's very difficult for me to even pretend that I am being any of those adjectives listed above. Please: GET OFF OUR BACKS! (the Zutarians).

Avatar fanfiction is still going strong, and so is this forum; it takes more than one person to make a forum, so obviously people are still interested in discussing Avatar or anything related to it. Frankly: WHY DO YOU GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT ZUTARIANS DO OR SAY WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN MENTION KATAANG? (like this thread)

I know people will either hate me, yell at me, or love me after this post, and I accept and am fully aware of the possible consequences to all of it.

12/3/2008 . Edited 12/3/2008 #12
trueroyalblue

I'm sorry; I overreacted and took that too far. Sorry that was too overreactive of me and I was overly-sensitive with what you said.

12/3/2008 . Edited 12/3/2008 #13
madam-obscure

I know people will either hate me, yell at me, or love me after this post, and I accept and am fully aware of the possible consequences to all of it.

If you accept that, then you shouldn't apologize. If you believe something, stick to your guns.

Yeah, that was cheesy. I'm in a rather sentimental mood right now.

12/3/2008 #14
thebloodfiend

son kenshin is kinda brash at times though

like everybody isnt though

12/10/2008 #15
Live and Imagine

Please! Zutarians don't give up, the movies could be different. Don't listen to Son Kenshin! If you all give up who will I argue with!?

3/2/2009 #16
Arhani 'Hanny' Daforcena

Look, it does not matter whether or not the series has ended, it all ends up on preference. I may be new to the fandom as a whole, but with all the years watching Avatar sporadically, I have been a Zutarian ever since I saw Siege of the North. Zutara may or may not become canon in the movie-verse, but who cares? So long as there is fanfiction (which is the whole point of this site, actually) and fanart, and a breathing soul, Zutara is always alive! MUAHAHAHAHA~~

But seriously, people who criticize others for what they prefer are just plain disrespectful and immature.

3/10/2009 #17
Interfuge

If you're aware that it will p*** you off and that you'll post something that will make others mad, DON'T CLICK ON IT!

Oh REALLY?!??!?!?? Just like when you INVADED OUR KATAANG THREAD @ ZUTARIANS ARE IDIOTS! YOU ARE THE FILTHY, STINKING HYPOCRITE!!

6/10/2009 . Edited 6/10/2009 #18
graystripe2

In other words, a Kataanger using the old "it's non-canon, show's over" gig to disguise his hatred towards Zutarians. You should start moving forward from that. It is frankly...disturbing on about how you are like "Hahahaha Kataang won u all r losers" threads.

6/22/2009 #19
trueroyalblue

Oh REALLY?!??!?!?? Just like when you INVADED OUR KATAANG THREAD @ ZUTARIANS ARE IDIOTS! YOU ARE THE FILTHY, STINKING HYPOCRITE!!

I don't think I hever did that... *scratches head in confusion*

6/23/2009 #20
eleventy7

Hi *waves* I'm a total newbie to the Avatar fandom. Wow, I really wasn't expecting these intense shipping wars.

Anyhoozle, I've just finished watching the series (I know...I know. I ignored it for ages until a friend forced me to sit down and watch it with them) and while I have no problem with Kataang shippers, I definitely noticed a lot of Zutara subtext. I'd love to read some Zutara fics but don't want to be put off by choosing a badly-written fic. Anyone got any suggestions for a good beginner Zutara fic?

Thanks in advance!

PS sorry if this is completely off topic or something. Most of the other forums seem to be RPs =\

Also I looked around for an intro thread but couldn't find one. Again, apologies.

8/31/2009 #21
Empty-Account000000

What We Need, Shadowed Kisses, Smile Because it Happened

Those are some good Zutara fanfiction. =)

8/31/2009 #22
Interfuge

"Those are some good Zutara Fanfiction. =)"

...And that is not correct grammer.

8/31/2009 #23
Empty-Account000000

You mean "grammar", not "grammer"

If you don't like Zutara, why come on this thread?

8/31/2009 #24
eleventy7

Thanks Whatever-life24, muchly appreciated :)

8/31/2009 #25
EfinityFabala

me is zutarian

we are all such dorks for getting at each other's throats for a dang CARTOON!!!

myself included...myself definately included...lolz

i decided to let...it...go...

let jerks think what they want to think. live happily.

i avoided this forum for weeks after i got a harsh taste of zutara/kataang flaming. (i just got another taste recently) i am therefore removing myself from the dork-fight. starting right...now.

in response to the first post... i loved it during Ember Island Players when zuko sat down next to katara. lol. aang was all, "I wanted to sit there." and zuko was all, "just sit next to me, what's the big deal???" i looove that episode in general!!! XD LOL!!

9/1/2009 #26
EfinityFabala

(yes, i know and accept that i am a total and absolute dork. thank you very much. lol)

9/1/2009 #27
eleventy7

I read Rhythm of Rain and We're Caught In Between Thankyou and Goodbye too (a good mix...first one being a massive epic and the second being a short, succinct one-shot). Here's the links in case anyone's interested in some Zutara recs too:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4748899/1/Were_Caught_in_between_Thank_You_and_Goodbye

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3108579/1/Rhythm_of_the_Rain

Efinity, I have to say I think the shipping wars are incredibly amusing. It's a bit like:

Poster 1: Hi.

Poster 2: GET OUT OF HERE YOU FASCIST PIG!!

Scrolling through the forums is good fun.

9/2/2009 #28
Mrs Kerryn Potter

Hi people i am kataang fan and was wondering if there was zutarin who would be willing to discuss the pairings, Like adults lol:) So if any zutarins (sp?) would like to talk feel free to reply.

Peace out :)

9/4/2009 #29
Dukeofnachos

Can i discuss it like and adult and not be serios, cause that hurts my brain.

10/30/2009 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member