Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
BadMad3000

Okay, I've been reading this discussion for a while now, and I think it's time to set the record straight. Zutara rocks. Kataang stinks. Why? Because Kataang is putting an immature child with a mostly mature teenager who is two years older than him. Katara is like a mother/sister to Aang. On the other hand, she and Zuko have always had a 'true love' relationship. They have the perfect age difference, and they have CHEMISTRY. What about at the play in "The Ember Island Players" when Katara told Aang that she was confused? Because she loves Zuko!!! They obviously like each other. Why didn't they get together? Reason one: because Zuko and Katara were both already stuck in a relationship, and they didn't cut them off when they should have. Reason two: because the creators are IDIOTS. They originally had Zuko and Katara together, but when people began to guess what was going to happen, they changed it to throw people off!!! Now, Zutara is the best couple EVER. End of story.

7/17/2010 #31
Son Kenshin

BadMad3000, the creators aren't idiots, only you are. Zutara doesn't rock. Zuko and Katara have zero chemistry and spent most of the series fighting. How many times did Zuko threaten Katara over the series? And do you remember Katara threatening to kill Zuko if he ever hurt Aang?

And Zuko and Katara are less mature than Aang. Aang had the weight of the world on his shoulders, had to make extremely hard decisions. Remember his counciling of Katara that made her make the right choice in Southern Raiders? "Let your anger out, but don't go too far." Aang is a person who lost his entire race, the last of his kind and had to save the world at age 12. He's more mature than his older, supposedly more 'mature' as you Zutaran idiots say, Zuko and Katara.

And a little hypocrisy from you-Katara is two years younger than Zuko. Why is it bad that Aang is two years younger than Katara when you ship Zuko and Katara together? Zuko and Katara also hated the very THOUGHT of getting together, it disgusted them. "He/She's not my boyfriend/girlfriend!" And during Ember Island Players, Katara and Zuko got sick when the play implied that they were together.

The reason why Katara was confused? It wasn't that she 'loved Zuko'? She barely stopped hating Zuko. It was because the war was still going on. She was afraid to express her feelings due to the f*** war.

Zutara is one of the worst couples ever newbie. Stop being stupid. Let me guess, you like Twilight.

7/17/2010 #32
Azula's Favorite Prisoner

BadMad3000, the creators aren't idiots, only you are. Zutara doesn't rock. Zuko and Katara have zero chemistry and spent most of the series fighting. How many times did Zuko threaten Katara over the series? And do you remember Katara threatening to kill Zuko if he ever hurt Aang?

A lot of people seem to ignore that. Which is why I agree with you.

And Zuko and Katara are less mature than Aang. Aang had the weight of the world on his shoulders, had to make extremely hard decisions. Remember his counciling of Katara that made her make the right choice in Southern Raiders? "Let your anger out, but don't go too far." Aang is a person who lost his entire race, the last of his kind and had to save the world at age 12. He's more mature than his older, supposedly more 'mature' as you Zutaran idiots say, Zuko and Katara.

Thank you! That it exactly what I believe! Aang can control himself most of the timeā€”but Zuko is rather...naive and impulsive. As is Katara. But I like neither, and I adore Sokka for his level-head.

And a little hypocrisy from you-Katara is two years younger than Zuko. Why is it bad that Aang is two years younger than Katara when you ship Zuko and Katara together? Zuko and Katara also hated the very THOUGHT of getting together, it disgusted them. "He/She's not my boyfriend/girlfriend!" And during Ember Island Players, Katara and Zuko got sick when the play implied that they were together.

Yeah. It wasn't "denial." They simply found it appalling. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

7/17/2010 #33
Erowin

So.... Why does it matter that the show never really gave them chemistry? That's why there's a fandom of fan fiction and whatnot, to make our own scenarios that bring them together. The fact that a pairing is not canon does not mean it shouldn't exist... what if we like it? Who cares what the creators chose, we like Zutara so we make a fandom where it happens. We see moments where we think 'Oh, if only this had happened-!' and turn it into Zutara. We don't care that the creators never planned it. :P

7/18/2010 #34
Son Kenshin

Random-post, the problem with Zutara is that you fangirls make Zuko and Katara into characters they aren't, just making OC's and labeling them Zuko and Katara. The fact that Zuko and Katara fed off their negative emotions in The Southern Raiders, were disgusted by the thought of getting together in Ember Island Players, Katara's threat to Zuko's life at the end of Western Air Temple, and all the battles between them over the series shows that the only way to make it work is just to ignore characterization. Which is not what writers do. Even in AU's, a Fanfiction Writer has somewhat of an obligation of getting a character(s) characterization right. Those that make wildly different characterizations show how much of a novice they are when they write.

7/18/2010 #35
Erowin

Yes, all the fanfics where Zuko comes up and says 'LOL HAI! UR HAIR ARE PERTTY, I LOVE U!!1" and Katara goes "OMG I ALWAYS LUV U 2! HOW DID U KNOW, LOLZ" Are bad fanfiction, and OOC. There are some fanfictions that are good, and work toward a Zutara pairing without it not making sense and everyone is OOC. You couldn't throw it in toward the end of the series or anything, but simple things like what if Katara did not go batsh!t insane and accepted Zuko as much as the others. That wouldn't be OOC, I (and the Gaang) were pretty surprised at how b**chy she was. Slightly changing events wouldn't have to change the in characterness of it if done right. I don't get pissed and act like I've been personally attacked whenever people talk about Kataang. Even though I didn't really enjoy the pairing I'm totally cool people like it. Why some people think straying from canon is some kind of horrible sin I'll never know.

7/18/2010 #36
evol love

wow. You're all getting way to worked up over shipping for an animated series. chill out people! I love both Zutara and Kataang. I think they're both good. I read both. It's like Ron/Hermione vs. Draco/Hermione. It's just an idea people had that they liked. it's called opinion. I'm pretty sure the forum specifically said "no bashing" so why are you doing it anyway? My god, this is fanfiction not a life-or-death fight! Calm down, breathe, relax. People are allowed to have different opinions. Power to both sides, I'm neutral.

7/21/2010 #37
evol love

Further more, I agree that the fics that are "OMG, i've always secretly luvd u Zuzu!" suck, but if they're quality fics, I love them. I read basically every pairing in he fandom, and there's good and bad fics for all, including Kataang. And Zutara. And everything, really.

7/21/2010 #38
Azula's Favorite Prisoner

Tenzin has arrived. He just disproved Zutara.

7/24/2010 #39
Amira Elizabeth
Random-post - it is not the shipping of fanon that bothers people. It is the attitudes from people who ship fanon - creators didn't know what they were doing, the fanon ships would make more sense despite evidence to the comtrary, that only fanon shippers can criticize other ships and won't accept any about theirs, the characters are warped, etc. Actually it feels more like a crime to ship canon.
7/29/2010 #40
Lord Vukodlak

Not to dash your hope further. But in the next series Avatar the Legend of Korra[about the next avatar]

She learns her air bending from Tenzin the son of Katara and Aang.

7/30/2010 #41
Bilinda Sorkin

I support both Zutara AND Kataang. Anything interesting is nice.

8/2/2010 #42
Lauren The Panhead

BadMad3000, the creators aren't idiots, only you are(FALSE!). Zutara doesn't rock. Zuko and Katara have zero chemistry and spent most of the series fighting. How many times did Zuko threaten Katara over the series? And do you remember Katara threatening to kill Zuko if he ever hurt Aang?

Very good point, j***. And no, I'm not an idiot. I'm one of those people who won't put up with your crap. And to the 'Zutara doesn't rock' comment, prove it (That was sarcasm. You can't prove an opinion.) Oh, and the death threat? That wasn't, "I will kill you if you hurt Aang because I love him!". It was more like, "I will kill you if you throw the world out of balance, sending the world into an era of hopelessness, by destroying the world's last hope and only chance at peace." I will respect your ship and try my best not to sink it, but you're making it quite difficult, my frienimy. You, like most (But not all!) Kataangists are being very disrespectful to people who are just enjoying Zutara. What did we say that upset you so much? (Silence) That's what I thought.

And Zuko and Katara are less mature than Aang. (FALSE!)Aang had the weight of the world on his shoulders, had to make extremely hard decisions. Remember his counciling of Katara that made her make the right choice in Southern Raiders? "Let your anger out, but don't go too far." (FALSE! He actually said, "Let your anger out, and then let it go.") Aang is a person who lost his entire race, the last of his kind and had to save the world at age 12. He's more mature than his older, supposedly more 'mature' as you Zutaran idiots say, Zuko and Katara.

I agree... To an extent. WE ARE NOT IDIOTS! SHUT UP ABOUT THAT ALREADY! NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK! (Tirade over!) Aang started out a goofy, bald kid. He has matured throughout the show. But so has Zuko, and so has Katara. If you disagree with that, may I suggest that you refer to the flashbacks in the episodes 'Zuko Alone' and 'The Southern Raiders'?

PROOF THAT ZUKO IS MATURE:

Um... Ozai. Need I say more?

He was banished.

He "lost his honor"

His daddy don't love him no more! (WAAAAAH!)

His mom committed high treason, followed by her banishment.

'The Crossroads of Destiny'

Hmm... you said Aang had to make big descions. Kind of like how Zuko had to decide to betray his entire Nation (His family, other than Iroh, included.) to join his ticket home (Aang) to defeat his father (Not to mention he planned on Aang killing Ozai).

PROOF THAT KATARA IS MATURE:

Ever since her mom died, she's been the mother of basically everyone she's ever met (Aang included). She said so, herself, in the very first episode- Just sayin'.

She knew that her mother died to protect her life. Imagine the guilt you would have if your mom died for you.

She doesn't go into some freakish, glowy, supernatural state that brings pain to the ones she loves every time something upsets her. (Remind you of anyone?)

"Do I act like a mom?!" "Well... I..." "STOP RUBBING YOUR EYE AND SPEAK CLEARLY WHEN YOU TALK!!!" "Yes, ma'am!"

Hmm... ma'am... Oh, yeah. They're totally into each other.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a coma and 10 being the Avatar State, how much would you say Katara spazzed when she realized her necklace was missing? Yup, that's what I thought.

Hmm.. now back to your "Aang had to make big descions and that makes him mature" argument, Let's talk about Yon Rha (The man who killed Kya, her mom). Or forgiving the man who betayed her trust in 'The Crossroads of Destiny'. Not that Aang would understand her mommy issues like Zuzu did.

And a little hypocrisy from you-Katara is two years younger than Zuko. Why is it bad that Aang is two years younger than Katara when you ship Zuko and Katara together? Zuko and Katara also hated the very THOUGHT of getting together, it disgusted them (POSSIBLY FALSE! Yes, because you read their minds and therefore, you know exactly how they felt). "He/She's not my boyfriend/girlfriend!" (There is more than one instant where Jun makes a remark about Zutara and neither deny it. Just throwin' that out there.) And during Ember Island Players, Katara and Zuko got sick when the play implied (The play threw Zutara in your face. It was not implied.) that they were together. (Really? Literally sick? There was actually no sign of that, whatsoever. Did one of them throw up or something? I must've missed it. Be careful with your wording.)

The reason why Katara was confused? It wasn't that she 'loved Zuko'? She barely stopped hating Zuko (Hmm... She seemed fine with him sitting right next to her at the play- even though he was sitting very close and her Fire Nation clothes were fairly revealing. Also, she made no objections to him sitting next to her. Not even a scowl. And she didn't even seem to notice that Aang was wanting to sit next to her even though he clearly threw that out there for the world to see.). It was because the war was still going on. She was afraid to express her feelings due to the ** war.

Um... **? I don't get it. And I forgot that you know the thought process behind every charater's actions. I'll be sure to remember that.

Zutara is one of the worst couples ever newbie. Stop being stupid. Let me guess, you like Twilight.

Hateful, much? I didn't see a single comment on this forum that would upset you to this degree. Except, maybe this one. What does someone being new have to do with anything? You were new to this site at some point, I'm sure. Keep your hate to yourself! I'm not being stupid, I'm being loud, honest, annoying and sarcastic. And I hate Twilight. But, in case you didn't know, Twilight has nothing to do with this forum. I know it's crap, I know, but go bash it somewhere else. It's really quite sad when you just sit around attempting to change our minds. By the way, I wonder if you noticed either of these things?:

1. This forum is intended for Zutarians, which you clearly, and obnoxiously (In my opinion), are not.

2. We Zutarians tend to be (Sarcastically and/or Sokkastically AMAZING NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!) quite stubborn. I promise you that I will turn into a 400-foot tall pink platypusbear with purple horns and silver wings (Thanks for the quote, Azula!) before you make me jump ships.

That being said... Here's what I was thinking while laughing meniacally at your ship.

I'm not the one sinking your ship. You have simply failed to notice all the holes in it.

Your ship might have a canon, but it won't sink ours.

You will not sink our ship as long as I'm still alive to paddle it away from you.

RANDOM STATISTIC: As of right now, Zutara has 25 pages of flair (On facebook. Look it up.). Kataang has 17.

Our ship has better fan art than yours. (That's just my opinion, but I'm sure a few of my friends that make said fan art would agree.)

Yeah, I'm weird... (Deal.) but I refuse to let you stereoype me as 'stupid' and/or 'idiotic'. (And yes, some Zutarians suck/fail at arguing our ship, but you guys have people like that, too.) And I do agree with you on the 2 year age difference thing. (Yes, it's possible for us to agree on some things.)

Sorry this was so long, but there was much to be said. Please understand that offending you was not my intent with this post (I have better things to do!). If you respond to this, please do so in a respectable manner. I can take sarcasm just fine, but I won't deal with mean people. I would love for you to attempt further argument on this topic, but please note that, since you posted on this forum, you are in Zutarian territory. So we are not trying to toss you overboard, we are simply trying to get you off of our ship.

NOTICE:

Go ahead and hate me for this. I won't cry myself to sleep because some person on the internet hates me. Furthermore, I have done nothing other than present solid facts.

8/2/2010 #43
Amira Elizabeth

With regards to the death threat - she meant it in a "I care about him" fashion. You want to know why people get so annoyed with Zutara shippers - right there. They cannot for one moment concede that Katara might actually care for Aang outside of "he is my fake son or he is the Avatar."

And actually lauren, most kataangists (as you call them) are friendly. Most honestly don't give two figs if you like Zutara. But most are also tired of the garbage from Zutarians. Particularly the Aang bashing, the need to infantilize Aang, the need to raise Zuko into some sort of mature god of hotness that all women should swoon over, the need to make Katara only able to love guys that fit the "hot, bad boy type" when in reality after Jet the only one she ever really had eyes for was Aang, the need to degrade Kataang, the garbage spewed after the Korra info came out, the hypocrisy and double standards, etc.

You want to know what upsets Kataangers so much. Ask them about the p*** comments, the rants after the finale about how "Aang didn't love Katara", the rants about how she was a prize, the notion that only Zuko is the real hero of Avatar, the whining about Tenzin being a kataang child, etc. Even now, two years after the finale they are still focused more on hating kataangers and kataang.

And yes, Katara and Zuko did not like being romantically linked. Their reactions kind of proved that. Besides, why would they want to be. Katara has a boy who loves her with his whole heart and saved her world and believed in her bending even when no one else did and Zuko has a hot Ninja chick who sacrificed herself for his safety.

8/2/2010 #44
Dark Templar Zeratul

Katara mentioned Aang specifically when she threatened Zuko....Also, very little of that stuff shows Zuko is mature. That is stuff that happened TO Zuko. Not how he overcame it and recovered...

At this point, Aang and Katara are confirmed to have had a child and stayed together. Zuko has Mai, who's a better match for him. It's pretty open and shut.

8/2/2010 #45
Lauren The Panhead

Hey, j*** (Just being honest. You have no right to be a turd.)! Here's what I find wrong about your theroy (No offense intended. Pormise!):

1. You said: BadMad3000, the creators aren't idiots, only you are. Zutara doesn't rock. Zuko and Katara have zero chemistry and spent most of the series fighting. How many times did Zuko threaten Katara over the series? And do you remember Katara threatening to kill Zuko if he ever hurt Aang?

I say: You're right on some things. The creators are clearly not idiots. If they were we wouldn't be here. Yes, Katara and Zuko spent some time fighting, but I'm not sure I would venture to say most. And yes, I do remember her threat- I'm gettin' there. Here's what you screwed up:

BadMad3000 is not an idiot. You have no right to insult someone like that. By the way, I'm not sure what they did to upset you, but calling them an idiot will not help the situation. "Zutara doesn't rock." is an opinion. While I completely disagree with you there, I respect your opinion and will not attack you for having it. (Although you have quite clearly insulted Zutarians on the basis of: "I didn't agree.")

Let's see... Here's a possible explanation for Katara's threat to Zuko in 'The Western Air Temple':

Aang is seen as the world's last chance at peace. He is the world's only hope, as shown when Song told Zuko, "I know you think there's no hope left in the world, but the Avatar has returned!" (This might not be exactly right, and I do apologize for that, but I didn't have time to look it up.) If Zuko were to kill Aang, the Avatar cycle would be broken. (Air, water, earth, fire, ...) That would end all hope for the world. Therefore, Katara is NOT about to let anything happen to Aang.

Also, it is reasonable to assume that Katara does not trust him (It was pretty obvious...). After she trusted Jet (Didn't see that comin', did you?) and he betrayed her, she might be afraid to put her trust in someone so easily. She could be afraid that Zuko woulld betray her trust, like Jet did, and like he did in Ba Sing Se (That is the right spelling, by the way. I know there's some confusion about it...). Also, considering his past, and his heritage, and Kya (Katara's mom, if you don't know.), and the current situation, and her feelings toward the Nation that he is the prince (Granted, banished) of, we can see why Katara would be afraid to trust Zuko so easily.

To sum that all up: Aang must survive if the world is to survive. There are many contributing factors (Most of which are not his fault) building up to Katara's distrust of Zuko. She is making him aware that she will not allow him to harm the Avatar, (Notice how I didn't say Aang.) regardless of her 'feelings' toward him, because it would throw the world out of balance. NOT BECAUSE SHE HAS A CRUSH ON AANG.

Feel free to disagree, but you will not change my opinion. If you respond, please do so in a respectful manner.

2. You said: And Zuko and Katara are less mature than Aang. Aang had the weight of the world on his shoulders, had to make extremely hard decisions. Remember his counciling of Katara that made her make the right choice in Southern Raiders? "Let your anger out, but don't go too far." Aang is a person who lost his entire race, the last of his kind and had to save the world at age 12. He's more mature than his older, supposedly more 'mature' as you Zutaran idiots say, Zuko and Katara.

I say: Zuko and Katara are at least, if not far more, as mature as Aang. You make a very good point on why Aang is mature, and I agree that throughout the three seasons he has matured and grown as a person very much. And the quote is actually, "Let your anger out, and then let it go." But good job pulling in quotage. Here's where you screwed up:

I will get to why Katara and Zuko are mature, but let me start with this: Zutarian idiots. So... we're idiots for standing up for something we firmly believe in? Wow, good one. I don't care if you want to throw a virtual temper tantrum, but don't make fun of people because they have an opinion. If you're going to do that, at least come up with something better than 'Zutarian idiots'. Sorry, but I'm one of those people who just won't listen to your crap. Thank you very much.

Now, here's my basis for saying that Zuko and Katara are both very mature:

Katara- She has had to step up to the plate in her mother's absence. Everyone has just, in a way, expected things of her that she shouldn't have to do all by herself. She remains fairly calm whenever referring to Kya, not to say she wasn't a total wreck when Yon Rha killed her- but we can't assume. Whenever Aang gets upset enough, he will enter the Avatar State. I do not believe the same would go for Katara. Also, you mentioned Aang had to make some big choices. I agree. So did Katara. For example, when she decided against murdering Yon Rha to avenge her mother. Also, forgiving Zuko given his past, his heritage, and the whole Jet thing, was a big decision.

Zuko- Ozai. Need I say more? He moved to sea in exile at age thirteen, after his father gave him his scar. All his life, he was only after his father's love. It took maturity to accept the fact that his father didn't want him anymore, and that his honor could not be restored by Ozai. Not to mention Ursa. She committed (sp?) high treason (I believe she killed Azulon to save wittle Zuzu), knowing the consequences of her actions, (I believe she was banished) and was never seen again. I'm not going to say anything else on this matter- except that, in 'The Crossroads of Destiny', he showed great maturity. Don't even argue that.

Feel free to disagree, but I won't go back on my opinion. Respond nicely.

3. You said: And a little hypocrisy from you-Katara is two years younger than Zuko. Why is it bad that Aang is two years younger than Katara when you ship Zuko and Katara together? Zuko and Katara also hated the very THOUGHT of getting together, it disgusted them. "He/She's not my boyfriend/girlfriend!" And during Ember Island Players, Katara and Zuko got sick when the play implied that they were together.

I say: You are correct regarding the 2 years thing. Not all Zutarians are experts. Cut us some slack. Here's where you screwed up:

How do you know they hated the idea of getting together? How do you know they were digusted? Maybe it was just awkward. Maybe they just didn't want the other to think they had feelings. Have you ever denied having an intrest in someone that you actually did have feelings for? On the subject of Jun:

"So this is your girlfriend. No wonder she ran off. She's way too pretty for you." Are you aware of what happens next? They don't deny it. "What happened? Your girlfriend run off on you?" And Zuzu replies, "It's not the girl I'm after... It's the bald monk she's traveling with." (O.o --- Shocked face). And are you sure they got sick? Did one of them say they had a fever, or throw up, or even look slightly paler? (...) Riiiiiight... I must have missed that part. Choose your words carefully.

4. You said: The reason why Katara was confused? It wasn't that she 'loved Zuko'? (---Question mark???) She barely stopped hating Zuko. It was because the war was still going on. She was afraid to express her feelings due to the f*** war.

I say: effing? That was the best word you could come up with? Maybe you shouldn't be on this site... (Sorry. Not meant to offend, but I wish people wouldn't curse in these forums.) She did say she was confused because it wasn't the right time, and they were in the middle of a war, but she didn't mention Zuko. We can't assume he was irrelevent in her thought process. We also can't assume she hates Zuko at this point. Did she protest when he sat next to her during the play? (No.) Did she scowl at him or look uncomfortable with him sitting as close as he was while she was wearing fairly revealing clothes? (No.) Did she even seem to give a crap? (No, not even when Aang said he wanted to sit next to her.) So, please don't put words in people's mouths or thoughts in their heads. Thank you.

Feel free to disagree, but do it in a Kataang forum. This is our turf.

5. You said: Zutara is one of the worst couples ever newbie. Stop being stupid. Let me guess, you like Twilight.

I say: If it's that bad, why are you here? Get on a Kataang forum! Someone being new to something is completely irrelevent. You were new at some point, as well. Don't forget where you come from. (Not that I know!) Stop being stupid? Ouch. Was that supposed to hurt? And we are not being 'stupid', we are expressing our thoughts on a matter in a civilized way. Sorry if that seems salvage to you. What does Twilight have to do with anything? I hate it, too, but go hate somewhere else! We didn't come here to talk about Twilight. If you did, you probably shouldn't own a computer. This is clearly marked as Zutarian. Not team Edward or Jacob, or who-the-crap-ever! Why would you assume that, anyways? I'm just wondering. Please stop terrorizing us on our own turf with your insults and stereotypes. (Sincerely, -The Zutarian Empire.)

I didn't sink your ship, you simply failed to see all the holes in it.

You will not sink our ship as long as there is at least one Zutarian to paddle it.

You might have a canon, but you can't sink such a large ship with it.

REGARDING THIS SPECIFIC FORUM: We're trying to get you off our ship. Stop making it sound like we are trying to throw you overboard.

RANDOM STATISTIC: The Flair application on Facebook has 25 pages of Zutara flair, and 17 pages of Kataang flair.

If Zutara were so utterly wrong, you wouldn't be trying to prove that to us. You wouldn't have to.

I think my ship has better art than yours. While that is only my opinion, I'm sure some of my friends who make said art would agree.

8/2/2010 #46
Lauren The Panhead

Sorry, my computer spazzed and I didn't think it posted this.

8/2/2010 #47
Lauren The Panhead

I am very sorry if you took offense to that post. I did not think I had posted it. (I was also very mad at the moment.) I understand where you are coming from, and did not mean to degrade you in any way. I do consider the fact that Katara could love him, I simply prefer Zutara. Anyays, my computer spazzed and I didn't know it posted that comment. Sorry for being a j*** about it, I realized it was posted after I posted my alternate (Calmer) response. Again, very sorry. (Plz forgive me?... PLZ?!) Please understand that we get a lot of hate from other people, too. I'm sorry if I was rude (I kind of was...) and I would delete that post if I could. Pleaze don't hate me for that post! I need to not be such a turd... And you're right. I think we all have to deal with other people bashing our ship. Verry sorry. (And I just see some major holes in some Kataangist's explanations.) I don't mean to label you, either. I call myself a Zutarian. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. Please ignore that post. I was very mad when I typed it up and, like I said, I didn't know it was posted. Still sorry, -me.

8/2/2010 #48
Lauren The Panhead

I realize that it is canon, I just wish it wasn't. (Please let me have this!) A very good point, by the way on the Zuko-maturity thing. Thank you for saying that. I'll remember that for next time.

8/2/2010 #49
Amira Elizabeth

Mmmm-hmmm.

This forum is open to anyone. While I do agree that Son can be a bit harsh, if you all can't take the fact that people are going to debate and disagree with your ship and your notions of Zutara, then maybe you need to form your own forum with limited membership.

Ships with no problems (i.e. with characterization, storyline, etc) can stand up to the scrutiny and its shippers shouldn't be afraid to answer to such scrutiny.

The death threat thing - She meant it with regards to "I care about this person A LOT!" Not in the "He's the Avatar...blah blah blah." Why? Because she held his lifeless body in Ba Sing Se while the oh so mature Zuko advanced on her. She brought Aang back to life. She cared for him and sat by him for weeks while he lay in a coma. That is going to make an impression on Katara. Those images and thoughts and feelings she had during that time are going to stay with her.

And while she might forgive Zuko and become friends with him, I guarantee nothing will erase those hours wondering whether Aang would die and then weeks watching for any sign he might wake up from his coma. She was basically telling Zuko with that threat that she had not forgotten what he had done and what it nearly cost her. And she was not going to go through that again. And that Aang meant so much to her that she was willing to kill for him and his safety if necessary.

That's not a "because he is the Avatar" threat. That is a "I care about him more than anything, including your life" threat.

The history of the show has her caring for Aang on a more human level. She has always seen the boy behind the Avatar. The threat just continued that notion.

8/2/2010 . Edited 8/2/2010 #50
Son Kenshin

Lauren the Panhead, how is something that happened in canon being a theory? Are you so attached to Zutara you can't admit that Katara cares about Aang more than a son or the Avatar?

1. Yes, she is an idiot. Read her post. She had no understanding of the characters at all. You are coming off as the same way too. Listen, its perfectly alright for you and her to like Zutara, its not alright to ignore that Zuko and Katara hated each other through the series, and make up things to make Aang look like a infant. Read what Amira posted on this subject.

Katara's cared for Aang ever since season 1, he was the first person to believe in her and nurture her bending. She grew to love him over the series, hell she even realized it during The Fortune Teller. You ignore this, and claim she is only making the threat because Aang is the Avatar. You act like Katara only cares for Aang JUST BECAUSE he's the Avatar, not because the two had an almost immediate bond when they met.

And let me just say one thing-the Creators themselves have gone on the record to say that Zutara is a bad relationship. That they didn't even anticipate so many people expecting it.

2. You are just reciting the things that happened from them. Not showing how they grew up from them. How is making fun of another person's belief's mature (like Zuko did in Southern Raiders)? How is getting frustrated that Aang was getting Waterbending faster than her mature (like Katara in The Waterbending Scroll)? You do realize the reason why Katara didn't execute Yon Rha is because she listened to Aang's advice instead of letting her anger control her, right? And how is Zuko showing great maturity in Crossroads of Destiny when he stabbed Iroh in the back, joined with his sister and attacked Katara and Aang which led to Aang's death since Azula tempted him with 'honor'?

Whenever Aang gets angry, he doesn't always enter the Avatar State. It only happened at times of great stress-seeing Gyato's body, the Moon Spirit being killed, the b*** General who faked Katara's death, after losing Appa (the only thing that remains of his culture and his oldest companion) after being caught in the desert, and when he was losing to Ozai. That's it. Don't exaggerate these things and put them out of context.

Zuko and Katara aren't bastions of maturity. Aang had shown to be the more mature person at the end of the series.

3. A bit awkward? Both Zuko and Katara looked shocked and disgusted when it was insinuated that they were together. During the play which threw Zutara in their face, they looked ready to throw up. They reacted disgustedly whenever June insinuated they were together. Lauren, I suggest you learn how to read people. At no point do these show that they even liked the very IDEA of them getting together.

4. Yeah, she wasn't in love with Zuko. No question mark needed. And you forget that Zuko was ALREADY IN a relationship with Mai, someone who nearly got herself killed saving him. And Katara had finally forgiven Zuko in Southern Raiders, hence why I said 'she barely got over hating him' since the series was four episodes from finishing. And...this is not your turf. This isn't a Zutaran forum, this is a Kataang or Zutaran forum-encouraging debates among the members. Don't assume this is just a Zutaran site and then get pissed off when a Kataanger enters a conflict with you.

5. Sorry, most Zutarans are of the age and sex which like the Twilight series-ages 13-16 and female which again, love bad relationships and claim they are true love. And once more, this is a Kataang or Zutaran forum, not a Zutaran forum.

To you, Zutaran is a religion. Whenever its 'attacked' you get offended.

8/2/2010 #51
Amira Elizabeth

I just saw your other posts, Lauren. I took no offense, I am just kind of sad about the whole thing. I understand where Zutarians come from. I do. But at the same time, I have yet to have a Zutarian truly want to know what I ship and why. And Kataang arguments are made of few if any holes. Kataangers argue specifics within the show. And the canon is there to back it up.

Besides, I will never understand why people want Katara with a guy who although forgiven did some pretty crappy things to those she loved and to herself when she has a sweet, loving boy right next to her who would move the heavens for her if he could. And he has some pretty smokin' dance moves. :) Also, why Zutarians would want to slap Aang in the face like that - pairing up the girl he adores with Zuko, who stood by and watched Azula kill him - is beyond me. That is just messed up. Boy has lost everything and now you all want to him to watch the girl he loves go be with the guy who tried to kill him?

Like I said, Zuko might have been forgiven - but after getting his throne, new friends and allies, the war over, a new best friend in Aang, his sister and father imprisoned, his uncle's forgiveness, etc. - don't you think he was rewarded enough for pulling his head out of his behind and doing the right thing for once?

8/2/2010 #52
Lord Vukodlak

If Zutara was so right its fans wouldn't have to make things to support the pairing, Ty-Lee and Sokka had more shipping evidence to support the couple. I'm a fan of alternate pairings sometimes I enjoy Temari/Naruto but I never for a moment thought the pairing could ever happen. The way I see it Zutaran's get angry when they're told their is no evidence to support the pairing because the truth hurts so they scramble to find just the right interpretation on a scene to make it sound Zutara, but its all hearsay and conjecture without any hard evidence.

In turn Kataangers get annoyed when some Zutaran's evidently attempt to disassemble all the Kataang moments claiming the cannon as wrong.[as obviously Zuko can't be with Katara if their is more Kataang evidence] And really the moment supporters of one side open their mouth it invites the proponent of the other side to speak to. Especially then the topic title is Kataang or Zutara.

8/2/2010 #53
evol love

Okay, people, not trying to get involved, but honestly, can't we just agree to disagree? it's not a huge deal. in regards to the statements about Zutara being out of character-fanfiction is fan FICTION for a reason. So...yeah. Not trying to lean one way or the other, as I am a Kataang fan and Zutara fan, I'm just trying to help settle everybody down.

8/2/2010 #54
Lauren The Panhead

Me, again! (Although I should probably stop posting stuff here... Still very sorry, by the way! X( )

I do agree. Aang being in a coma does show how much Katara cares for him. I'm not saying she doesn't have feelings for him (She does...gr), but I think that him being the Avatar could contribute to her threat to Zuko (At least a lil' bit?).

Oh, and there is a youtube series called Zutara Evidence for the Intelecual Dummy (Not saying anyone here is, that's seraiously the name of it!) with some very good supporting facts for my ship. It shows foreshadowing, symbolism, and even talks about Jun. Here's something I found interesting:

The scene where Katara is holding Aang in 'The Crossroads of Destiny' looks extremely similiar to a famous statue (Forget the name) of Mary holding a baby Jesus. (If you watch the video, they seriously do look almost exactly alike!) The video then goes on to say how it's a mother holding her son and blah, blah, blah...

I thought that was kind of cool, whether it be Zutara or not.

Here's some other stuff the videos pointed out:

In 'The Chase', Katara is the first to mention Zuko. When Sokka refers to him as, "Just some angry freak with a ponytail" Katara immediately says, "What's wrong with ponytails, ponytail?" So she, in a way, defends him.

If it weren't for Zuko, Katara would never have gotten her necklace back. It would still be at the prison.

In the episode, 'Bato of the Water Tribe', we see Zuko and Aang fighting at the abbey. There is a moment of slo-mo that shows Katara's necklace around his wrist. What's it doing there??? (You wear your heart on your sleeve...)

When Jun asks, "What happened? Your girlfriend run off on you?" Zuko simply ignores this and goeson to say, "It's not the girl I'm after, it's the bald monk she's traveling with." Later, Jun comments, "So this is your girlfriend. No wonder she ran off. She's way too pretty for you." (...) Again, neither Zuzu nor Katara deny it. Did you know that Jun's name actually means handsome, obidient, pure, and honest?

2008, the year the show ended, was an utter disapointment. The number 8 means new beginnings (sp?). There was also a total lunar and a total solar eclipse that year. And they still make Kataang canon.

(I know this one is kinda crappy, but it is true) Zuko has turned away from Mai's kiss before. Katara has pulled away from Aang's kiss before, too. (I know, I know! I'm just sayin'!)

(Again, this one is pretty weak, but...) Mai says to Zuko, "I don't hate you." and "I think it means I kind of like you." Not once does she say "I love you." Katara never tells Aang of her feelings toward him.

(This one's kind of...eh.) Zuko never once says Aang or Katara's names. (Then, the vids said something about this was a huge focus on them because thay were the most important people in his life, or something.)

In one episode, (I forget the name, but it's the one where Katara and Sokka need to suck on frozen wood frogs) Katara is seen wearing a golden tiara. Did you notice that the tiara had two dragons on it? Symbols of the Fire Nation? The ORIGINAL SOURCE of Firebending?

On the Nicktoons channel, they show pop-up versions of the book 1 episodes. (Pop-ups being those blue bubbles that randomly show up containing tid-bits of information) One clearly said that Mike and Bryan intended for Zuko to be Katara's ORIGINAL love intrest.

O.o

That's all I got. Don't want to sink your ship, just want to defend my own. I promise! (And I do admit that Kataang is canon.)

8/3/2010 #55
Lauren The Panhead

Very sorry for my first post, just in case you didn't see what I said about it earlier. Please forgive me. I did get pretty offended and I was very mad (For outside reasons, as well) when I typed my original response. Again: Very sorry. Please forgive me. Don't want to sink your ship.

Lauren the Panhead, how is something that happened in canon being a theory? Are you so attached to Zutara you can't admit that Katara cares about Aang more than a son or the Avatar?

Thank you for pointing that out. Not a theory, canon. Sorry. When I said theory, I was referring to some of the evidence the some people use to back up the Kataang ship. Not the ship in general. I'm not going to say that she doesn't, either. But I will say that I wish she didn't.

1. Yes, she is an idiot. Read her post. She had no understanding of the characters at all. You are coming off as the same way too. Listen, its perfectly alright for you and her to like Zutara, its not alright to ignore that Zuko and Katara hated each other through the series, and make up things to make Aang look like a infant. Read what Amira posted on this subject.

No one is an idiot. It's not your place to say. And I know some people fail at this (Not saying she does), but that doesn't make them an idiot. Sorry if I came off as an idiot, too. Thank you for respecting our ship by saying it's okay for us to like it. Did I make up anything? I'm not trying to be sarcastic. If I did, please let me know what I said that wasn't true and I will correct myself. I'm not sure that I would say they hated each other throughout the series, but I will say that they did most of the series. (Well, at least Katara. Zuko didn't really care about her at all until later in the show.)

Katara's cared for Aang ever since season 1, he was the first person to believe in her and nurture her bending. She grew to love him over the series, hell she even realized it during The Fortune Teller. You ignore this, and claim she is only making the threat because Aang is the Avatar. You act like Katara only cares for Aang JUST BECAUSE he's the Avatar, not because the two had an almost immediate bond when they met.

In the fortune teller episode, I would like to argue back a little bit: She realized that he could be who she was going to marry, but I will not say that she didn't realize her feelings, if any at that point, right then. And you're right about them caring about each other since they met. I completely agree, but I won't say it was love at first sight. I did not mean to come off as saying that Aang being the Avatar was the only reason for her threat to Zuko. I meant to say that it very well could be a contributing factor. Sorry if I did not make that clear.

2. You are just reciting the things that happened from them. Not showing how they grew up from them. How is making fun of another person's belief's mature (like Zuko did in Southern Raiders)? How is getting frustrated that Aang was getting Waterbending faster than her mature (like Katara in The Waterbending Scroll)? You do realize the reason why Katara didn't execute Yon Rha is because she listened to Aang's advice instead of letting her anger control her, right? And how is Zuko showing great maturity in Crossroads of Destiny when he stabbed Iroh in the back, joined with his sister and attacked Katara and Aang which led to Aang's death since Azula tempted him with 'honor'?

I never intended to make fun of Kataang or those who support it. And, like I said, when I wrote up my first post I was extremely mad (Mostly personal stuff) and I did cross the line. Again, uber-sorry. About the Southern Raiders thing, are you talking about Zuko making fun of Aang's beliefs? I just wasn't sure if that's what you meant. Good example, though. Maybe he did that to justify going after Yon Rha? (Just a thought.) And Katara, another good point. (We all have our moments, like I did on my first post here.) I'm not saying Aang's advice did not contribute to her decision, but she said, (To Aang) "I wanted to do it." Also, Aang told her to forgive Yon Rha, whick she said she would never do. I'm not saying what Zuko did was mature. I'm saying it took maturity to seriously consider both options, for him to honestly consider taking the right path, when Azula offered him everything he's ever wanted. Even if he chose wrong, he did at least consider choosing right. He said in 'The Western Air Temple' that he had to go through all of that to get to where he is.

Whenever Aang gets angry, he doesn't always enter the Avatar State. It only happened at times of great stress-seeing Gyato's body, the Moon Spirit being killed, the b*** General who faked Katara's death, after losing Appa (the only thing that remains of his culture and his oldest companion) after being caught in the desert, and when he was losing to Ozai. That's it. Don't exaggerate these things and put them out of context.

First of all, I said angry enough. Katara just, in my opinion, has a better hold of her emotions. I will say that in 'The Storm' he went glowy for like, half a second, but came back. Seeing Gyatso's body... He knew his people were dead, Gyatso included. Maybe he wasn't expecting to see the body, but he was fully aware that Gyatso was dead- before they reached the Southern Air Temple. The moon spirit being killed, I won't argue that one. I think that was more of a keeping-the-balance thing. Sorry if I'm wrong, but that's my opinion, not a fact. Yeah, that guy was a j***. I know that proves he cares about Katara, but would he do the same for any of his other friends? On the subject of Appa: First of all, the only thing left of his culture? (How about the Air Temples? And Momo?) Oldest companion? Yeah, okay. That would be hard. I was not trying to exaggerate or put things out of context. Katara told Aang that it hurts to see him like that. Having that knowledge, I would try to avoid the Avatar State altogether for her sake. Aang does go into the Avatar State on more than one occasion, knowing that it hurts Katara (If not the others, too) to see him that way. He also knows that he is at his most vulnerable. If he is killed in the Avatar State, the cycle will end and no more Avatars. He knows that he has to stay alive for the sake of the entire world, but he puts himself in that dangerous position, anyways.

Zuko and Katara aren't bastions of maturity. Aang had shown to be the more mature person at the end of the series.

This is an opinion. Also, I said that they are at least as mature as him, if not more. That's my opinion. I don't see how you can say that they don't have a single bit of maturity in them, but this is also my opinion. You cannot prove an opinion, or else it would be a fact. So, let's agree to disagree on that one, okay?

3. A bit awkward? Both Zuko and Katara looked shocked and disgusted when it was insinuated that they were together. During the play which threw Zutara in their face, they looked ready to throw up. They reacted disgustedly whenever June insinuated they were together. Lauren, I suggest you learn how to read people. At no point do these show that they even liked the very IDEA of them getting together.

If you think they looked shocked and disgusted, that is more than okay with me. I think they were shocked, but I won't say they were disgusted. If you think they looked ready to puke, well... okay. I don't. These are opinions. If you think they reacted disgustedly to Jun's remark, alright. I think they were a little more on the shocked side. Maybe they were also wondering if they acted like they were together, since Jun assumed (Or kidded, whatever floats your boat.) they were. I should learn to read people? Okay, I'll be sure to sign up for classes. Thank you for the advice.

4. Yeah, she wasn't in love with Zuko. No question mark needed. And you forget that Zuko was ALREADY IN a relationship with Mai, someone who nearly got herself killed saving him. And Katara had finally forgiven Zuko in Southern Raiders, hence why I said 'she barely got over hating him' since the series was four episodes from finishing. And...this is not your turf. This isn't a Zutaran forum, this is a Kataang or Zutaran forum-encouraging debates among the members. Don't assume this is just a Zutaran site and then get pissed off when a Kataanger enters a conflict with you.

I never said she was in love with Zuko. If I did, please let me know and I will apologize and correct myself. I didn't forget Mai. She did risk her life for him. Thank you for explaing why you said that. It makes much more sense now. Okay, then... Welcome.

5. Sorry, most Zutarans are of the age and sex which like the Twilight series-ages 13-16 and female which again, love bad relationships and claim they are true love. And once more, this is a Kataang or Zutaran forum, not a Zutaran forum.

You are forgiven. (In case you were wondering, that's what set me off the most. I HATE being labled/stereotyped!) I fit into both of those categories. I do not love bad relationships (I'm sorry, but I see Kataang as a bad long-term relationship. It's cute, but I don't think it would last.). Sorry, then. Welcome to this forum.

To you, Zutaran is a religion. Whenever its 'attacked' you get offended.

It is not. Please stop assuming things about me. I do not appreciate that. I do not think you attack our ship, but I do think you could be a little less... mean (?) about it...? I was offended because you stereotyped. I was offended because it did not seem, at first, that you were respecting our ship.

I hope you forgive me for my first post. I was mad regarding your stereotyping and other reasons that are personal. I do, however, forgive you and hope that you will do the same. Please repect our ship, and I will respect yours. And yes, Twilight is junk. Thank you very muchly, Son Kenshin! -LtP

8/3/2010 #56
Lauren The Panhead

Random-post, the problem with Zutara is that you fangirls make Zuko and Katara into characters they aren't, just making OC's and labeling them Zuko and Katara. The fact that Zuko and Katara fed off their negative emotions in The Southern Raiders, were disgusted by the thought of getting together in Ember Island Players, Katara's threat to Zuko's life at the end of Western Air Temple, and all the battles between them over the series shows that the only way to make it work is just to ignore characterization. Which is not what writers do. Even in AU's, a Fanfiction Writer has somewhat of an obligation of getting a character(s) characterization right. Those that make wildly different characterizations show how much of a novice they are when they write.

Some Zutarians go OOC. Not all. I try my best not to. I don't ignore characterization. If I did, they wouldn't be Zuko and Katara. Some writers actually do that. We have no obligations to keep them in character, even if some of us do. Shipping them is OOC. We do that.

Good job pulling in support from the show. I'm not exactly sure why you need it, though... Zutara isn't canon. We accept that. I am honestly curious as to what you are trying to prove with all this evidence. If (And I'm not saying you are) you're trying to prove Zutara isn't canon/Kataang is, the creators beat you to it. Thank you to all those people (Not saying any of you do this!) who try so hard to prove Kataang is canon and Zutara isn't. We can sit back and say, "We know. Care to join us?"

I did not mean to offend anyone with this. Sorry if I did. I did try to respect your ship. If I somehow disgraced it, let me know and I will apologize and correct myself. I hope I wasn't too rude, let me know if I was. To all of you who don't like Zutara:

Go Kataang! Kataang is canon! Mike and Bryan proved you wrong! WOOOO!

...We're still gonna like it. Feel free to cross over to the dark side. We have Zuko.

8/3/2010 #57
Lauren The Panhead

If Zutara was so right its fans wouldn't have to make things to support the pairing, Ty-Lee and Sokka had more shipping evidence to support the couple. I'm a fan of alternate pairings sometimes I enjoy Temari/Naruto but I never for a moment thought the pairing could ever happen. The way I see it Zutaran's get angry when they're told their is no evidence to support the pairing because the truth hurts so they scramble to find just the right interpretation on a scene to make it sound Zutara, but its all hearsay and conjecture without any hard evidence.

Ty Lee and Sokka! Haha, good one! We don't want to prove ourselves canon. We're not. Even if we have no shipping evidence, it doesn't mean we can't like it. I'm not sure it would happen, either. Actually, I know it won't because of the Tenzin thing. I can live with that. I actually posted some very good evidence on here. For example: Parts where neither Zuko nor Katara deny a relationship when Jun makes a comment. I'm sorry I made up that whole scene. It might not prove crap, but it's still there. Thank you very much. -LtP

PS- By the way, I don't get offended when you say I have no evidence. I get offended when you disrespect our ship because of it. Congratulations, you're canon. We're not. We accept that. I have a kataangist friend who keeps showing me proof that Zutara isn't caanon. I say, "Thank you, but the creators actually already proved that."

Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm still trying very hard to keep from doing that. Please don't hate on us. (Not you, Lord Kain, that's just a request to the people who do hate on us.) Kataangists/ers (Whatever you prefer), feel free to switch sides. We do have wittle Zuzu, after all! XD

8/3/2010 #58
Amira Elizabeth
Sorry my dear, but zuko is not an enticement to join Zutara. Who needs zuko when kataang has Aang, Katara, and their happiness. And please for the love of god do not use the zutara videos as evidence for your arguments. They've been deemed ridiculous by any serious fan of the show, shipping preferences aside. They, like most zutara works, make the characters ooc, degrade aang, and worship zuko. And yes, to a degree, zutara is OOC. And kataang would never be a bad long term relationship. Sorry, but a love based on friendship, mutual respect, and real love is not bad. They support each other, respect each other, and care deeply for each other. It will only grow with time.. I really hate it when zutarians just can't swallow their pride and admit that katara and aang do love and care about each other and are a good couple. Especially since you all are trying to make us see the fairy take you are trying to sell.
8/3/2010 . Edited 8/3/2010 #59
Lauren The Panhead

Sorry my dear, but zuko is not an enticement to join Zutara. Who needs zuko when kataang has Aang, Katara, and their happiness. And please for the love of god do not use the zutara videos as evidence for your arguments. They've been deemed ridiculous by any serious fan of the show, shipping preferences aside. They, like most zutara works, make the characters ooc, degrade aang, and worship zuko. And yes, to a degree, zutara is OOC. And kataang would never be a bad long term relationship. Sorry, but a love based on friendship, mutual respect, and real love is not bad. They support each other, respect each other, and care deeply for each other. It will only grow with time.. I really hate it when zutarians just can't swallow their pride and admit that katara and aang do love and care about each other and are a good couple. Especially since you all are trying to make us see the fairy take you are trying to sell.

I was suggesting that whoever wants a somewhat sane, not OOC, decent Zutara video should look it up. I was not using the videos as evidence. I was using the FACTS shown in the videos to, not support my opinion, but show that I do have some sense. The videos are well-made (And I am a perfectionist before a Zutarian). The person who made the videos gives their opinion, yes, (Because that's what Zutara is and you can't get around it.) but then they back it up with facts straight from the show. It also gives possible (That being the keyword) explainations to certain actions by the characters.

Some might say that it only gives one interpretation for some scenes, which it does. It does not make claims that cannot be supported (At least to the best of my knowledge. I haven't watched them in a while). I hate it when people put thoughts in the characters' heads, like you were saying. That, I do believe, is what makes them OOC. Correct me if I'm wrong. The videos are simply meant to show that Zutara does have a little thought behind it. We know it's not canon, but we can live with people throwing that in our faces all the time.

I would not like to degrade Aang. How can you want to degrade a cute lil' bald kid?! I don't want to yank Katara away from him. either. I want for both of them to be happy. I just don't think that they would be their absolute happiest with each other. I actually think that they're very cute together. I don't think they're a bad couple at all. I just don't think that they would last forever and ever amen. I'm not saying they would break up a week after the series ended, but... Well, here's my thought process:

Katara lost her mother at a young age and her father's been at war for years (My dad's been deployed twice. I would know how she feels, there). She's going to want to settle down at some point, I think, but Aang is a nomad. Also, her cultural background, I believe, plays a major part. Listen to Iroh talk about the Water Tribes in 'Bitter Work'. They're all about family. They stick together and are always there for each other. Aang, I assume (Not making any claims, here! Just what I think!) is going to want to travel the world and help people. Katara, no doubt, will go with him (Probably healing). I just don't think that they would want to go on like this forever (At least not Katara). I hope that made sense. I wasn't trying to prove anything there, I just wanted to show you what I was thinking.

Oh, and the last part...

I really hate it when zutarians just can't swallow their pride and admit that katara and aang do love and care about each other and are a good couple. Especially since you all are trying to make us see the fairy take you are trying to sell.

Zutarians need to swallow their pride? Please don't judge me when you know hardly anything about me. I don't want you to see my so-called 'Fairy Tale', by the way. I want you to see that I'm not crazy and I shouldn't be labeled (EXAMPLE: I'm a Zutarian so I need to swallow my pride). You want me to admit it? No problem. Here goes:

Katara and Aang do love and care about each other and are a good couple.

It is true. I will not deny it. That doesn't mean I like it any more. If you're trying to prove to me that Katara and Aang are a good couple (Not saying you are, but it sounds that way), I already know that! Just because I don't like it doesn't mean that I don't acknowledge it. I do try my hardest to respect your ship. They are good for each other (See? We can agree!). I still don't like it, though, and I would like you to respect that. Thank you, my dear.

8/3/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TimeWitch'93
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member