Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
I'm Just Allie
This topic is super popular. I support Kataang and I'd like to see others views. As of right now I open this Debate Forum! RULES 1. No cusing, it's pointless anyway. 2. Try to be as nice as possoble. I'm srry if you can't control your anger. 3. No bashing. It will not be tolerated as noted. 4. Kataangers and Zutarians, please do not start yelling. We can all tell anyway. So Ill need someone to represent Zutara and Kataang. Please Message me for details. I will decide fairly, I should tell you.
12/23/2007 #1
zutara luver
haha. i'm here!
12/26/2007 #2
I'm Just Allie
Okay, cool, we can start. Too bad we don't have more people though. But I'll try to get more next week.So you can start with making a point about Zutara or why you Support.
12/26/2007 . Edited 12/26/2007 #3
foreverseeking
Lol ^_^. First off I would like to say how I had no idea this place had a forum. Secondly, I'm a Zutara fan. I always thought the relationship between Aang and Katara was extremely kawaii however. However, I NEVER saw them as a couple (sorry ^_^U). I strongly believe that Zutara's gonna happen! I mean come on! Alot of yous didn't even give the couple a chance! HE JUST JOINED THE GROUP!
12/26/2007 #4
zutara luver
People say that there is no proof that Zutara is actually there, that we Zutarians pull it out of our butts, but there has been foreshadowing that can't exactly be seen as zutara, but it is still there. Take "The Fortune Teller" for example. She said Katara would marry a powerful bender. Aang right? Well, if Zuko bedame firelord (and you have to admit something like that is going to happen) would that not make him a powerful bender? There was also that time in Crossroads of Destiny, and yes I know, it ended badly for Zutarians, but Zuko and Katara found a common ground and connected to eachother. **SPOILERS** In the "Westeren Air Temple" Zuko had gone up to them to ask for forgiveness. It was Katara who said that he should not be trusted ever, because she had been deeply hurt. She even says that she had trusted him and blah blah blah and she was the one to pay the price. That was the second time that had happened (Jet) and she reacted the same way for both. She didn't immediatly trust them (and blasted them with water XD). Yet she did warm up to Jet, so is that not to say she won't do the same for Zuko? It is also obvious that Zuko respects her. When the gaang was deciding whether to let him in or not, he seemed a bit indifferent to what the others were saying, but when it came to Katara, he actually sweat a little. A little later, Katara had come to his room and he had SMILED meaning he thought they could be friends. Needless to say she kind of blew up in his face. Sorry if this seems a bit rushed, I have other pressing matters.
12/26/2007 #5
foreverseeking
^This girl's h*** ^_^! Plus rememeber way back when the fortune teller told Katara that she's getting with 'a strong bender'. She could have just said the Avatar now couldn't she? The only one I thought up of was [i]Zuko[/i]!
12/26/2007 #6
zutara luver
Precicely. The foreshadowing is vague, and it could go either way, which is why it gets annoying when kataangers say Zutarians don't have a snowball's chance in hell. The truth is, we do have a chance. It may not be as prominent as kataang, but it is still there.
12/26/2007 #7
I'm Just Allie
Okay, I understand that we all have dirrerent views on this. So, I'd like to say...... I don't know about any other Kataangers or anything. But I remember in S2, I was starting to support Zutara. So I realize your opinion. However, I agree, there has been little glimpses of Zutara. I respect that, right? I try not to shove everything in peoples faces that there has been more Kataang moments. You have to agree on that. But I don't blame you for loosing your cool on me for saying something as such. But....... that's all I have to say right now.
12/26/2007 #8
zutara luver
Sorry to group you like that. I never mean to do that. Did it seem like I was loosing my cool? I have to work on that... I'm trying to stay in the middle, express my views blah blah blah... yeah. What do you think about toko? Just a simple question, or maiko even. I haven't heard about that on the kataang side, at least not much...
12/26/2007 #9
I'm Just Allie
No, you weren't loosing your cool. I just didn't want you to go off on me. Actuall, I forgot what toko is:). lol. But I don't really know much about Maiko. I think it's cute cuz they sorta match eachother, but I never really thought about it. I don't know much really.
12/26/2007 #10
farbo1176
ok, kataang person here! ok...so what do we do? XDD Just...debate or something? sorry kind of the first time i've ever like debated friendly like and not on the spur of the moment.
12/26/2007 . Edited 12/26/2007 #11
zutara luver
toko= Toph+Zuko i really didn't like maiko, and no, it's not cuz i'm zutarian. they just didn't seem to fit. i'm sorry i'm not a fan of emo love.
12/26/2007 #12
zutara luver
you talk about you're shipping and why you ship it. you can reply to other posts saying why or why not you agree or disagree.
12/26/2007 #13
farbo1176
ok then. I ship Tokka, Kataang and the tiniest bit of maiko. Im not really that into it. It just doesn't have any...you know spark yet. I have a feeling it'll get better though so i stick with it. the reasons why i ship kataang? It seems like it could be a passionate relationship based off of friendshi[ and not a fly by boradway night romance. Also considering Most of the evidence leaning towards it means the creators want it to happen too.As for tokka, it just seems adorable. I mean sokka and toph seem made for eachother! both sarcastic and quick witted, and strong brave people. I just think they belong together. Of course i'll face the canon if sukka were to happen. -shrug- Of course I don't want these relationships to happen right now, maybe in a couple years or so. They all need to act like kids for a little while because this war is making them mature way to fast. Especially Aang.
12/26/2007 #14
zutara luver
that's a reason i DON'T ship kataang. to me it seems so... soap-opera-ish. it's "the perfect relationship". there's no... dimension to it. it also seems a bit one-sided. i'm laughing cuz zutara is almost no-sided but i can see something blossoming. tokka...meh... i guess i could like it... it just... i dunno. it just doesn't fit me. i think it's cuz sukka seems the best for sokka, which also leads into "the girlfriend teaching the boy a lesson" which is how zutara could go. ... i don't support emo love... at least not in a kids show. everytime i saw them together on screen, i turned to my avatard friend and mimicked what they would say: "Let's go cut ourselves then make-out" yeah... no. if nothing else i hope taang happens. talk about a fluffy relationship. aang's such a pushover and i can see toph battering him everyday. "Toughen up! Act like a man!" it could also bring out toph's girly side, maybe toughen aang up a bit... i'm not saying aang's not strong, he has to save the world... but he is too much of a pushover. which also leads to the fact that katara mothers him. and i know by now, you've heard all of this before, but nonetheless, she is only nuturing that... fluffy aang-ness. he's like appa XD. i hope it doesn't seem like i'm biting your head off, that's the last thing i want to do.
12/26/2007 #15
farbo1176
oh trust me your doing anything but biting my head off. XDD Thats not exactly true that it can be the perfect relationship though. I mean when Aang needs to be the avatar and he has to go, theres always the sense of danger that he won't come back or he'll come back badly hurt and it'll be an aangst fest. Thats also what i like about the ship, the sense of danger. Its also the fact that it devolops off the best basis for any relationship. Friendship. Yea sure katara mothers aang, but she mothers everyone eventually. XDD Even Zuko in due time will be smothered with mother love. Tokka is also mostly one-sided at this point to tell you the truth. -shrug- its only on tophs side really, but i can see sokka warming up to it. Also considering its based off the same thing as kataang, friendship. Tokka could just end up as a friendly relationship and nothing more and i gurantee MOST tokka shippers would accept it and sqee over it. With the maiko...im not really to sure about it. Im just sitting there watching the maikout and im like "...........dude. they both have horse faces." XDDD sorry if it seems like biting your head off, i don't wanna do that either.
12/26/2007 #16
I'm Just Allie
OKay, got it, Toko. That's sort if a wierd name. lol. It does seem kind of Soap Opera-ish, nwo that you mention it.Hmmmm. Well, I think it's cute, plus, they're really close and know eachother well. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but, I don't think Zucko knows Katara's name. Yeah, they're going to get to know eachother ( which kinda kills my hope) but I just don't think they'd fit.
12/26/2007 #17
farbo1176
I mean, i'll go with anything thats canon. I'll have my ships inside my heart but canon is canon and you can't change that. -selfnod-
12/26/2007 #18
zutara luver
"dude, the have horse faces." GENIUS!! yeah, but i think it may be a bit different for zuko. he grew up without a mother for most of his life, so he might get a bit clingy, want to help, blah blah blah, and in turn katara will... i forgot where i was going with this XD i'm so tired. i hope you at least have a vague idea as to what i'm saying. but right now it seems that's all katara wants to be: aangs mother and friend... not girlfriend. i can see it happening, i just don't see it ending well. it's the same thing with tokka, but i think that was kind of... damaged when sokka started crying for suki. he really likes her. the only reason he got over yue so fast is cuz he knew suki before, and saw her the same way he saw yue... 'cept tougher. oh dear god! horse faces!! *can't stop laughing*
12/26/2007 #19
zutara luver
tell me about it XD that's another good point, but i don't think Zuko's THAT dense. he'd have to pick it up somewhere. most people don't think zuko and katara would fit, but they are so alike, yet different. isn't that the ideal relationship? zuko needs guidance, katara is there. katara needs to keep her guard up better (XD) zuko's done that his whole life. these are really sucky examples i know. kataang just doesn't float my boat... ACK! BAD PUN ALERT!! XDDDD
12/26/2007 #20
I'm Just Allie
Maybe, you're right about Katara. But may i note that, Aang pulled away from the Kiss in DoBS, not Katara. I'm just trying to prove my point.
12/26/2007 . Edited 12/26/2007 #21
zutara luver
but everything starts off as fanon. things just have more proof than others, but everyship (save slash) has proof. it may just not be as easy to see.
12/26/2007 #22
I'm Just Allie
True that Right about now, I'm trying to think on the views, the points and stuff. It's all hurting my brain! Ouch, it BURNS!!! Ahhh, shucks
12/26/2007 . Edited 12/26/2007 #23
zutara luver
yes, but it was katara who looked a little ashamed. normally, when you love someone, you'll jump for joy or at least smile, but katara looked away, didn't smile, and seemed to hide from aang.
12/26/2007 #24
I'm Just Allie
Maybe, but the thought that she might've never seen him again was a downer too.
12/26/2007 . Edited 12/26/2007 #25
farbo1176
well it probably was because it seemed like it was "i may not come back from defeating the firelord, heres a goodbye kiss" type of thing, would you be jumping for joy if you just got kissed by someone who you may never see again? -ooch, that seemed a little snarky. sorry about that.-
12/26/2007 #26
zutara luver
yeah, but she still would have smiled. if she had wanted it, you would see something more along the lines of "Oh aang!" "Katara..." "Promise me you'll come back-" "But-" "Promise" *Aang nods his head and flies off* Katara watches after him in a daze till sokka says to come down into the sub. no, she looked away, his face got kinda angry/determined, and katara sat there contemplating what she wanted. this is kind of an exageration, but the main point is still the same: Katara is not sure whether she likes aang the way he likes her.
12/26/2007 #27
I'm Just Allie
Totally understandable. Also, at the end she gave Aang a comforing smile:)
12/26/2007 #28
zutara luver
yeah... but still, she would have at least smiled for RELIEF or something (all those pent up emotions XD)then gotten all serious and crud. no, she looks away. a guy loves her, she doesn't know if she loves him back, and she may never see him again. there still would have been a little something if the feelings were reciprocated.
12/26/2007 #29
zutara luver
emphasis on COMFORTING. she said she was proud of him, but just a few minutes ago, she said the same thing to sokka. there has been no proof that she feels the way aang does. sorry if i'm sounding a bit snarky. not meaning to!
12/26/2007 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member