Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
wsdr
[q]yeah, I'm very diff. I respect, I put this crazy thing on my himepage and I got all emotional. I could understand that too. I get a bit obbsesive and aggressive. I try to keep it cool online.[/q] I really like you TwinkleToes, you're very open-minded and that's always great to see. I personally used to like Kaatang a lot (Zutara more, obviously, but I never disliked the idea of it becoming romantic) but ever since I've gotten into the Avatar fandom in different places the Kaatang shippers I've met seemed really obnoxious to me, and as if I was STUPID and WRONG for thinking/interpreting things differently than them. Everything's BLACK AND WHITE, and I never once disputed that Kaatang has more evidence and more likiliness ot be canon, but some Kaatang shippers make it hard to actually have an opinion because everything is OBVIOUS so I don't know, I think that's made me dislike the pairing, especially when I hear the kiss stuff because I personally didn't think it changed anything at all. I liked Kaatang a lot more in season 1 and 2, but now, I'm not so sure.
3/13/2008 #391
knd
I REALLY agree with you Fisah! Kataang shippers always seem obnoxious and everytime a Zutararian or somebody else has a different opinion, they don't respect that and they get clawish and they start jumping down your throat and they never consider your opinions, you know! They should at least consider them! Give it a thought! But no! They do exactly the opposite of that! Not all of them do it but most of them do it...and when I get offended I get aggresive even if I dont want to but it is like my only alternative! You can't have a decent conversation or aguement with them or at least be nice and friendly with them because even if you are, they still mean and obnoxious! And when they do that, I start to act that way, too! I dont like that but it is the way they make me feel and act...and that makes me dislike the pairing a lot, too. They have done that so many times that now I really hate the pairing, I can't stand it! And I dont usually hate things, I dislike things. Before in this forum I said that I would really be happy if Aang died and then Hydra God said that that is sad. What do you think make me said that and feel that way? I even said it was surprising what TwinkleToes said before to me because that is not the usual way Kataangers act; and the way TwinkleToes was acting was nicely and friendly! If Kataangers were not that aggresive like they usually are then I would REALLY try to be more open-minded with things that are related to Kataang and I would even read Kataang fics to see different perpectives! I would not be that negative towards Kataang! I really like you TwinkleToes! You are the first Kataanger I ever liked... and I really like your perpectives, Fisah, because they are like very smart and clever. You seem to always have this secret weapon concealed...
3/13/2008 #392
knd
in a good way...
3/13/2008 #393
swimmurgirl
[q]I REALLY agree with you Fisah! Kataang shippers always seem obnoxious and everytime a Zutararian or somebody else has a different opinion, they don't respect that and they get clawish and they start jumping down your throat and they never consider your opinions, you know! They should at least consider them! Give it a thought![/q] I remember I watched the commentary for the Kataang kiss in DoBS where a Kataang shipper had used it to prove that Zutara wasn't going to happen. One of the commentators said, "They're [Zuko and Katara] not supposed to be together." The Kataang fan was like, "See? SEE? NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER! Did you hear that?!?! Let me rewind it so you can all see it again!" However, she forgot to show the part right after where Mike or Bryan said, "Well, that's what makes it so great."
3/13/2008 #394
knd
I dont get what you are trying to say...
3/13/2008 #395
knd
BUT that is a great example of a mean Kataanger!
3/13/2008 #396
wsdr
Oh, [b]knd[/b] that's really flattering :D I don't think all Kaatangers are mean though, the ones I met on ffnet were nice usually, and they listened and I think that's the biggest point. I thnk a lot of people are clever on here, which makes the debates fun and rewarding. The mean Kaatangers I meet are usually at devart or lj, but I've met some stupid Zutara shippers too, but yeah. There's crap everywhere, I guess :D And [b]swimmurgirl[/b] I didn't know that D: You learn something new everyday, I guess. I think that's pretty funny though, selective reading in fandom have always made me laugh. I mean, it's nice to at least RECOGNISE a reason why the fandom exists, regardless of whether or not they're supposed to be together. D:
3/13/2008 #397
knd
I know. That is why I said that not all of them are like the rest.
3/14/2008 #398
It's Just Alex-nyan
I'm not mean am I?????
3/14/2008 #399
knd
No one said you were...
3/14/2008 #400
knd
Of course you not mean!
3/14/2008 #401
knd
I meant to say Of course you are not mean!
3/14/2008 #402
It's Just Alex-nyan
Okay, cool. I'm good then.
3/14/2008 #403
knd
Yeah.
3/14/2008 #404
Hydra God
Aw too many longs posts.... this may take a while. Okay Aang running away from it? Because Zuko NEVER does that(Anybody remember Song was it?). Face it Zuko is worse when it comes to dealing with problems. Let's see: Aang realises his whole race got killed: One anger moment and that's it. Daddy hurts Zuko: I MUST KILL ONLY HOPE FOR WORLD FOR MY HONOR! (Not like that... that was mainly for the lulz.) He stopped her mother behavior because he was trying to KILL her. Hard to be a mother figure in that situation. If that did not happen she probablly would continue her mother figure. I don't see anything wrong with Mother Katara, as she doesn't think she's inferior in any way, usually it's just her taking command. Aang also often breaks her from that figure to let her relieve stress. Oh he doesn't challenge her? Aang can be reckless some times. If anything how would Zuko challenge her? Zuko's not known as a fun person. The only way I can think of is an argument. And Katara would sound like an angry mother shouting at a son who came home too late. There is borderline proof if you could call it that, with the streak they have been doing. Cheek kisses (Sukka, Yukka) Blushes (Tokka, Yukka, Sukka) And full frontal kisses being accepted (Yukka, Sukka, Maiko.). But it's not SOLID proof so barely worth mentioning. If we had solid proof why would we be debating? Also we don't know what's going in Katara's head. She's thinking on it, she's not indifferent she's thinking. I'm just going to let her make her decision as it's about 85% likely what will happen. Still there's a chance she could say no, but to be honest I think since Aunt Wu there's always been that consideration. And to be honest comparatively Kataang and Zutara debate are quite tame. I've never seen anyone insult anyone. By the way I meant sad as in that's a sad way of thinking. Being in a heated debate is fine but having happiness from the thought of death? Sorry if it offended you but I think that's not a very nice way of thinking. Time zones are frustrating.
3/14/2008 #405
AshZaku
Wow, I decide to sleep and now i have some catching up to do... Well, Chris, I have a question for you: do you ship a Sokka pairing, and if so, what? I mean, if you're such a cannonshipper, you probably have some opinion. Also TwinkleToes, you're not mean at all, and you reflect the kind of attitude I like to put forward myself, one of respect and flexibility. Unlike most Kataangers I've met, most of whom are just plain rude. Thank you for keping it mature. HG, Song wasn't a problem, and I don't see what made you register it as a problem. He took the ostrich-horse from her because he felt it was justified to take, given his current position, I do't rely see a problem that he's running away from. Well, if you're dad didn't love you HG, and physically abused you then threw you out of the house, making you feel like it was your fault, wouldn't you do something to, in your mind, "make up for it"? Zuko knew that was the only way he could get home, and he didn't care obout the cost to the world. But, as we have all said on here, multiple times in some cases, Zuko has changed since then, so I don't see why y'all point out that Zuko doesn't need help with his problems because he's changed, but are quick to point out his previous flaws which we know aren't an issue nymore. Also, just to clarify, I think we ALL agree that either Katang or Zutara WILL happn, and at this point we cannot accurately determine, given the canon information, KAtara's feelings one way or the other. Yes?
3/14/2008 #406
AshZaku
Oh, also Chris, the in "Cave of Two Lovers", Katara suggested they kiss, then she pretty much burst out laughing, remember?
3/14/2008 #407
Hydra God
Woops sorry about that I put Song instead of what I meant. What I mean was: Remember when he ran away from Iroh? I'm not saying that Zuko didn't do a reasonable response. But compared to Aang he dealt with the situation far worse. If something like that happened to Aang say if his master beat him (Does Aang have a dad? We never met him.) and told HIM to kill someone then I think we all know how Aang would deal with it. Oh he's dealt with his CURRENT problems. Doesn't mean he still deals with NEW problems well. It's a flaw in Zuko's character, I doubt if he can get rid of it. He just doesn't make very good decisions. Determine for 100%, no. There wouldn't be a debate if we could do that. But we know she's at least considering Aang. And I do believe that that laughter was out of nervousness.
3/14/2008 #408
wsdr
Yeah, Zuko is worse but seriously? Comparing Aang who's a generally fun loving person who grew up in a happy enviornment to Zuko who's been living with a horibble life for a long, long time. I would be suprised if he didn't deal with his problems the way he did. And yes [b]AshBender[/b], I do agree. As long as Katara's feelings are mysterious, I think everything's fair game. Like I sad before though, I honestly don't see the point of the kisses especially since it didn't change anything in their dynamic; it isn't like anything feels remotely romantic b/w them, so yeah. As for the challenging stuff, I haven't seen moment where Aang actually challengened her emotionally, maybe it happened (it'd be great if anybody could give me an example) but Zuko at least has the potential too, given their dispositions and given the fact that Katara is still very much angry at him. And you're not a mean person at all, [b]TwinkleToes[/b] :D You're very nice and it's great seeing somebody who's open-minded and generally able to consider all prespectives. I think this forum is pretty nice though, I haven't run into much problems (I was called blind rather heatedly just because I had an opinion), but I think that's okay. Debates are fun :D
3/14/2008 . Edited 3/14/2008 #409
Hydra God
Happy yes. But Zuko's life wasn't so miserable until the day when it all happened. If anything having such a happy life style and then finding everything you knew and loved and everyone you knew and loved had been destroyed and now you have to fight the guy who caused it all, THAT in my opinion is a far harder thing to do. Mind you compared to a normal person Zuko still handled things well, but I can't think of ANYBODY who has been through all that Aang has and still came out alright. Aang tends to make good decisions, Zuko has had a life filled with bad ones. Yes Zuko can challenge her when she hates him. But in a relationship? It would still be a motherly type of anger. And let's see... Okay in the Puppetmaster at the end that was some role reversal. How about near the very beginning of the show with the Penguin Sliding and Aang teaching her to have some fun. Or the Headband when suave Aang lifted her off her feet.
3/14/2008 #410
It's Just Alex-nyan
Ah, headband eppie. Fun stuff, fun stuff. Yeah, debates can be fun and enjoyable if your not arguing like, unthought words, and when your not all angry. Zuko has made a lot of bad decisions. But Aang has too. Not recently, but he has. Like, when he got all devistated when that stupid Fisherman in S1 was yelling at him. He shouldn't have run away like that. But, now Zuko's good. He finally made a good decision.
3/14/2008 #411
wsdr
I think the point is that Zuko and Aang are meant to handle their desicions differently, it's just something innate and in their disposition. I just thinking comparing it is a little weird, seeing as they're TWO different people, regardless of how bad their angst was. I think Aang is generally better at handling his problems (although he still has issues) and Zuko isn't, so yeah. I loved the headband episode, it cracked me up :D But yeah, that's definently a good dynamic they added into their relationship. I just think that Katara would be more prone to mother Aang than Zuko, and I'm just outlining the potential. I know for a fact that Katara can turn around and mother Zuko too, but I didn't think that moment in the cave was mothering at all, they related with each other for one, and I personally thought it was just a kind moment. I'm just saying, that what we've seen so far, maybe they could challenge each other in other aspects too.
3/14/2008 #412
Hydra God
You know what's funny Fisah? After I finished my new story and came here you had JUST posted. Weird. It's a possibility. But it's no good assuming it, so far Zuko can challenge her by annoying the hell out of her. That's it so far. And I suppose you think that Zuko challenging her more is what makes you a Zutarian, why I think that Aang by far is the best at dragging her out of her stressed out motherly self. Especially Suave Aang. But Suave Aang is just made of win. On a side note... Suave Aang with hair and Haru's mustache... best combination ever?
3/14/2008 . Edited 3/14/2008 #413
It's Just Alex-nyan
That would be fun. Aang with his awesome hair and Haru's new stache. Fun stuff to think about. That reminded me of the new Abridged Series. Suave Aang rules! ( total fangirl ) Yeah, I'd have to agree. They treat there problems totally different. Wierd. I kow this is totally off topic. But I was looking at earlier posts, and Zutara rules the thread. It's like, Zuatara point, Oh! I've got one too! And me, it's like...... What? But then that's me personality. But I just thought that was funny.
3/14/2008 #414
wsdr
Maybe we have a psychic connection, Hydra God? :D I do agree with you though, it's totally an assumption, I'm not denying it. I honestly don't think Zutara doesn't have substantial evidence currently, it's really just me outlining the stuff I've seen and basically trying to apply into a romance. Just trying to make sense of the reason why I like Zutara, just like you said. This is such a huge secret but I'd ship Kaatang HARD if Sauve Aang turned up more and their relationship was more fun and cute like the Headband, it'd be my OTP, no lie <3 I like Kaatang too, not as much as Zutara though, but it's not a bad pairing at all and I do see it, and I'd probably be okay if it turned out canon. It's nice liking a lot of stuff :D Although Zutara people would slice me in half if they heard :D I'd love to see him with Haru's stache, and wait, Avatar has an Abridged series? :D Did not know that!
3/14/2008 #415
Hydra God
Perhaps we are X-Men! :D And you did not know there was an Avatar Abridged? The stache commands you to watch it now! >:(
3/14/2008 #416
wsdr
Maybe, ha :D Or even a l33t Heroes power--I've always wanted that! No I didn't, and I have feeling that I'm probably missing out like crazy D: If you don't see me for days, you know what I'm obsessed with.
3/14/2008 #417
It's Just Alex-nyan
I will know what you're obsessed with.
3/14/2008 #418
knd
Avatar Abridged is so hilariously funny! I just wachted episode 1 and 2!
3/14/2008 #419
knd
And now I just watched the rest!
3/14/2008 #420
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member