Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
ads64drago

So everyone any thoughts on the new show?

A new avatar (I guess Aang will be her spirit teacher) new problems (a wave of antibending sentiment sweeping the fictional world)

a new style energybending

and of course Aang and Katara's son Tenzin (Zutara fans please do not kill me)

3/8/2011 #1
ads64drago

oh and by the way the reason i posted this on this forum is because it seems to be the most active

3/8/2011 #2
Fullmetal Catalyst

(I guess Aang will be her spirit teacher)

I'm looking forward to this. Any word on whether the same VA comes back...or how Aang will appear (if he does) in the series? It's hard to see him as anything other than the boy we know, but he obviously grew a fair bit over 60 or however many years.

(Zutara fans please do not kill me)

This forum follows the Air Nomads' code of ethics, you're fine :)

3/9/2011 #3
ads64drago

nothing has been shown so far accept a picture of Korra and Republic city

The two genius writers have givin us plenty of juicy information though which makes the long wait agonizing and might make the show unable to measure to the expectations

I can however see a lot of good ideas and logic in this premise

like the advancements in technology, with the war over guys like the Machanist, Sokka, and Qin could take the focus away from drills airships and tanks to more buildings, cars, and bikes

and the anti bender sentiment. Rise of the "new" often leads to feelings of getting rid of the "old" and in this case we have the recent history of a war centered on bending that lasted a full century

What i really want now is to see a picture of Tenzin, since we have Korra I am currently envisioning him as a much older male Katara with more of Aangs coloring.

3/9/2011 #4
ads64drago

Oh and they have stated that Aang will have the same relationship with Korra as he had with Roku (though with their difference in personality I suspect she might not listen to much of his advice)

3/9/2011 #5
Mrs Pettyfer

I'm on the fence about this series. In one respect I'm excited, but in another I hate letting go of characters I love. And I'm not sure how I feel about modernizing Avatar. I liked the fact that it was back in the day, so to say. Our world is full of so much technology..it was refreshing to see something more natural. Is that the right word? lol I'm not sure.

Dante Basco is voicing a character from what I've heard, so I'm guessing it'll be Zuko's son or grandson. I love his voice so I was happy to hear that.

I don't know how they're going to make a complete story in so little episodes. Like what's the point? ATLA was about Aang's journey to defeating the Fire Lord..so I'm not sure what plot they can convey convincingly in such a short amount of time. I hope we hear more about it soon. =)

3/9/2011 #6
ads64drago

^

the idea is that it is a more central show with less if any filler

and what i like about it bein so many years later is that it is resonable for the landscape to be different (as oppsoed to two years later the world has gone nuts)

3/10/2011 #7
ads64drago

what Dante said on his blog was that the character was "surprising" at least he thought so so it may not be as simple as a decendent

3/10/2011 #8
ads64drago

Also you dont have to let go of Aang and the gang completely

Dark horse in association with nickolodeon and the series creators, is going to publish comics detailing stuff that hapened right after the show (I believe there they will show what happened to Zuko's mom)

3/10/2011 #9
Mrs Pettyfer

^Thank goodness. Talk about leaving a subplot unanswered. I was so angry when we never found out anything. I would have preferred a book 4 following Zuko's adjustment to Fire Lord, finding his mom, and the gang rebuilding and possible new threats. Rather than a new show. But that's just me. :P

3/10/2011 . Edited 3/10/2011 #10
ads64drago

The only other threat i could think of that my actually have worked is for Aang to find out that another airbender from his era had somehow survived but was now insane and ang has to fight him

you have to hand it to the team the have a good direction.

One series one major threat (stop the fire nation defeat the fire lord which was the main goal from beginning to end)

guys I want to see in the comics

Cournal Mongke and the Rough Rhinos. They destroyed Jet's village and they need to go down. Plus the whole "each on is a different weapons master thing" is very cool

Koh the face-stealer

The Dai-li (maybe they might try to stop the earth king from getting his throne back)

3/10/2011 #11
ads64drago

and Shyu the only the fire sage who undersood that being a sage meant you fight for the earth and the avatar

3/10/2011 #12
ads64drago

The only other threat i could think of that my actually have worked is for Aang to find out that another airbender from his era had somehow survived but was now insane and ang has to fight him

you have to hand it to the team the have a good direction.

One series one major threat (stop the fire nation defeat the fire lord which was the main goal from beginning to end)

guys I want to see in the comics

Cournal Mongke and the Rough Rhinos. They destroyed Jet's village and they need to go down. Plus the whole "each on is a different weapons master thing" is very cool

Koh the face-stealer

The Dai-li (maybe they might try to stop the earth king from getting his throne back)

3/10/2011 #13
Mrs Pettyfer

I agree but realistically, the world would be pretty chaotic afterwards. The aftermath of war is never pleasant and while ending on a good note is definitely appropriate for a show, there's plenty to build on after the Fire Lord's defeat. The challenges the nations would face, reuniting themselves with the Fire Nation, adjusting to a new era, rebuilding..not to mention there's probably a bunch of FN against Zuko who supported Ozai/Sozin's cause.

And there's always Azula. What happens with her? I personally don't think she was literally insane. There's a difference in someone with serious mental issues and insanity. I think Azula definitely had mental issues..she's not the only one I might add..but I don't know if I'd put her into the 'insane' group just yet. I've seen crazier..I'll just say that, haha.

But since every 'book' was named for an element, I think calling the fourth 'air' would make sense. And maybe there were some rogue airbenders that survived but kept hidden. That would be interesting if Aang found them and they began rebuilding the air temples. :P As well as other after war adjustments...I could totally see a series working off that.

3/10/2011 . Edited 3/10/2011 #14
Fullmetal Catalyst

I WANT TO SEE KOH!!!!

If a giant face-stealing centipede could have fans, I'd be #1. Just don't Face/Off me, Koh.

not to mention there's probably a bunch of FN against Zuko who supported Ozai/Sozin's cause.

And I thought the similarities to Aang had ended, but clearly not, and I love it. Here, it wouldn't be a question of whether or not Zuko would crush them (he would, naturally), but how he would do so while keeping his integrity intact. A similarity to Iroh as well, who could've fought his brother -- but abstained for the sake of doing things the right way rather than just doing them. Nice to see Zuko follow in his "father's" footsteps ;)

And there's always Azula. What happens with her? I personally don't think she was literally insane. There's a difference in someone with serious mental issues and insanity. I think Azula definitely had mental issues..she's not the only one I might add..but I don't know if I'd put her into the 'insane' group just yet. I've seen crazier..I'll just say that, haha.

I agree. Katara truly broke her, but I don't think she's insane. She's just defeated. It will take something big to bring her back (physically, mentally, emotionally) to the world stage, but it's far from impossible. I want to see her be more cunning, more like Ozai than like her previous self. It's one thing to manipulate your servants, it's another entirely to manipulate them from half a world away.

But since every 'book' was named for an element, I think calling the fourth 'air' would make sense. And maybe there were some rogue airbenders that survived but kept hidden. That would be interesting if Aang found them and they began rebuilding the air temples. :P As well as other after war adjustments...I could totally see a series working off that.

That's fic material right there. How would a hundred years of hiding affect a culture based on freedom and flight? How would the remnants of a pacifist nation deal with their civilization's unprovoked extermination? How would they treat Aang?

3/10/2011 #15
ads64drago

I thought there would be an air chapter too but the creators have pretty much said neigh

(however the post war stuff you just mentioned is probably stuff that will be dealt with in the comic series)

What it looks like to me is that after the next half century during reconstruction the four nations (really three since the air nomads are basically exctinct) took steps to prevent another war by joining their governments to a certain extent in a sort of councilish way

I think Republic City (PURE THEORY NO SOLID PROOF) was started as place for the water tribe leaders, the earth king and the fire lord to meet and discuss matters (probably with help/guidance from the order of the white lotus)

as for Azula there is a RUMOR (emphasize that word) that she may return in some form to the new series (Elder woman, or spirit perhaps)

but then again when korra was first announced people started shipping korra/tenzin thinking he was a teen and he is being voiced by J.K Simmons (whose other voice acting includes white knight from generator rex and j jonah jameson of the new spider-man series)

3/10/2011 #16
ads64drago

Azula was sent to a mental hospital i'd say she's had a full breakdown

3/11/2011 #17
Mrs Pettyfer

but then again when korra was first announced people started shipping korra/tenzin.

Why would anyone ship them?! That's gross..Korra is a reincarnation of Tenzin's father. Ew. lol Yeah I'm thinking some people didn't do the math if they figured Tenzin was a teen.

Azula was sent to a mental hospital i'd say she's had a full breakdown.

Yes that's what happened..I'm saying I'm not sure if it's entirely believable. To that extent that is. She did have a mental breakdown which would require therapy and rehab obviously but I'm not sure if that means she'd be a little better after a year or two...or thrown into a white room with a padded jacket, lol. Did she live forever in a hopsital or what? I hope they answer that question.

3/11/2011 . Edited 3/11/2011 #18
Fullmetal Catalyst

Why would anyone ship them?! That's gross..Korra is a reincarnation of Tenzin's father. Ew. lol Yeah I'm thinking some people didn't do the math if they figured Tenzin was a teen.

Welcome to fiction shipping wars, where anything and everything can and will be shipped? Haha. Besides, it's no different than Korra hooking up with Zuko's grandson or something except for a generational gap. It's hard to ship Korra with anybody related to the original series. What would Aang say when Korra talks to her past life?

I hope they answer that question.

They might in the comics, though I don't think they can in Korra. Azula was broken, had a full breakdown, and yes if she was ignored and left to rot in her cell she'd never get better. But her breakdown occurred because no one ever loved her, and she confused fearful respect for love so when she lost that power and control to real love, it sent her in a rapid downward spiral resulting in no power at all. If she could find some love, some peace in not dominating a relationship, she might put the pieces together again.

3/12/2011 . Edited 3/12/2011 #19
ads64drago

has anyone heard new things about this since we last spoke

5/16/2011 #20
Fullmetal Catalyst

Not sure how new this is, but the series will be 26 episodes. They will ALL be written by Bryke, resulting in a tighter main storyline and probably no filler episodes.

Don't know when it starts.

5/16/2011 #21
Mrs Pettyfer

So happy it'll be 26. I thought 12 was just too short. :P

5/16/2011 #22
XBowtiesareCoolX

Actually, one of the reasons I am particularly excited for this is because the main character (Korra) is a rebellious young woman. I like the change because we get to see it from a girls point of view which many girls will relate to and we get to see it from a more teenager-like character. With her rebellious attitude, she probably will connect to more present day teenagers this way.

6/1/2011 #23
chromeknickers

For anyone who missed the trailer (and the bootleg trailer for ComCon).

The animation totally reminds me of Cowboy Bebop. Even the music does. And Mako looks a lot like Spike, but with better hair. Still, the Anti-Bender element seems very interesting. Any chance of Sato becoming a love interest for Korra? Hmm.

Speaking of love interests, there are two brothers who accompany Korra: Mako and Bolin. Mako's a Firebender and Bolin's an Earthbender. Both are brothers who come from a multi-racial family, which could suggest that one of their parents is a Waterbender (see the meaning of Bolin's name for details). Mako is slated to be part of the love triangle with Korra. Is Bolin, too? Two brothers fighting over a girl? Hmm.

7/24/2011 . Edited 7/24/2011 #24
Mrs Pettyfer

Omg so excited! I was about to post the trailer. :P

I'm a little meh about the modern-ness though. I loved the sort of..un-modern aspect of the show. Idk if they'd be that far in technology with only 75 yrs later but ah well.

They're so doing a love triangle, I bet. Great another shipping war is on it's way, haha. I'm putting my bet on Mako though. I sort of thought the main firebender would be in relation to Zuko but I guess that's not the case. I have a hunch there will be a more 'Zutara-like' relationship this time around. Not enemies falling in love but two characters that clash a bit.

"We wanted to create a new Avatar that was completely the opposite of Aang. So, whereas Aang was the peaceful, nomadic Airbender guy, she's very tough, very headstrong, not scared to get into a fight, and kind of picks fights with people too sometimes." - Mike and Bryan

Thank.You. *bows down*

7/24/2011 . Edited 7/24/2011 #25
chromeknickers

I have a feeling that Mako will be either hot-tempered like Zuko or silent and brooding like Mai. Either way, I see a lot of Fire and Water clashing. I'm super curious about the brothers, though, and I can't wait to see Toph's daughter. I'm also curious how big of a role Dante has, and DeSena. Please let it be more than just flashback voices.

7/24/2011 #26
Mrs Pettyfer

He looks a bit of a brooder based on the pictures, haha. I hope Dante isn't a flashback too. I didn't know DeSena was voicing again! I love him. And Sokka. It pains me that the old characters are gone. I wish we had one last 'book' from ATLA before a new story.

7/24/2011 #27
chromeknickers

Yeah, if you listen to the bootleg trailer shown at ComCom, it's Sokka's voice at the end ("It's the Avatar!"). I don't think he will be playing a big role in the show, though, just a side character or something or maybe the show will have some flashbacks.

Mako is cute. I'm already crushing. Bring on the shipping war! Rawr!

7/24/2011 #28
Mrs Pettyfer

Haha the tall handsome firebender will likely lead the shipping war. Oh boy, Makorra will set sail soon. Bolin looks a bit like the Sokka of the show, the one who brings some comic relief. Could be another love interest though..not one of the brothers.

7/24/2011 #29
chromeknickers

I'm hoping it's not both brothers. That's too Vampire Diaries. I'm hoping the other love interest is Sato, who turns out to be the leader of the Anti-Bender resistance. But then I might be torn and end up loving both Mako and Sato! *cries*

7/24/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member