Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Fullmetal Catalyst

I'm getting even more excited about this show. Haven't seen the first episode (and will try to restrain myself) but Katara's alive, Korra sounds good, the story promises interesting times, some returning voice actors, the introduction sequence...so much to enjoy about what little I've seen. Ok, so Toph's dead, but hey, every show has its flaws. I am curious how Korra has learned (presumably near-mastered?) three elements by age 16 without the necessity of the Hundred Years War, but I'm sure this'll be explained in time.

Since I suspect Korra discussion will still be in this forum, I'd like to propose that we keep this forum open to all discussion, that we keep it free of the kind of shipping wars that plague so many YA fandoms including AtLA. Because really, if I learned anything from AtLA, it's that such divisions are superficial constructs built to justify conflict and discord. While I enjoy conflict, it's not healthy for the fandom. Don't know how we'll avoid it, but I'm in an idealistic mood today.

-flails-

Pictured your avatar doing this and burst out laughing.

12/5/2011 #61
chromeknickers

Pictured your avatar doing this and burst out laughing.

Well, my avatar is adorable. ^__^

I'm so pumped for this series. It cannot come quickly enough. -perverted thomas dance-

12/5/2011 #62
Mrs Pettyfer

I have such mixed feelings on this series. On one hand I'm excited but on the other, I hate next generations because it makes me sad. It took me forever to accept the next generation in Harry Potter, haha and the originals are still alive! The thought that the originals are dead in this just kills me. At least Katara is alive. I really, really wish they chose to just do a season that focuses on rebuilding the nations, finding Ursa, a book four kind of series that's post war. But oh well. *sighs*

12/5/2011 #63
chromeknickers

It's so cute listening to old Katara speak. And Korra's voice is adorable - total tomboy!

12/14/2011 #64
Tazzilicious
I feel the same as well. I just wish in the last Harry Potter book and movie, they did not put the epilogue. *sigh* I might avoid the new ATLA series for some time.
12/15/2011 #65
TigerShadow

Tazzilicious, I have a forum for discussing the HP epilogue and other facets of the series (shameless plug alert) for those on this forum to prevent us from spamming up threads with Harry Potter debate. It's called Harry Potter Discussionness; if anyone has anything to say about HP discussion, please take it there instead of here. That's why it was made in the first place.

I just saw those scenes! I'm so excited. I love Korra! She's hilarious. She kind of reminds me of a tomboyish Ty Lee or more aggressive Aang or something. It's going to be so awesome!

12/16/2011 #66
Mrs Pettyfer

Bah but there's cars and telephone wires! My heart hurts from this modernizing. lol

12/16/2011 #67
TigerShadow

It's the Avatar version of the Roaring Twenties, according to the creators. A lot of people have complained about the modernizing, but think about how modern Avatar already was. There were jet skis, zeppelins, tanks, bombs, all sorts of things. The idea of cars and telephones isn't that unbelievable when you consider that, for one thing, it's been seventy years and a lot can happen in seventy years, and for another, the real world made dozens, if not hundreds, of technological advances over seventy-year periods, if not shorter.

12/16/2011 #68
Mrs Pettyfer

I guess it's the technology part that gets me as well. So it's kind of steam punkish, huh? It still shakes me but I'll get over it.

Where is your HP epilogue forums again? I couldn't find the link, haha. You need to put the link in your profile. :D

12/16/2011 #69
TigerShadow

Haha, that I do. It's http://forum.fanfiction.net/forum/Harry_Potter_Discussionness/100771

12/16/2011 #70
Mrs Pettyfer

Got it! Thanks. :D

12/16/2011 #71
Tazzilicious

Oh right! Sorry!! ^_^;;

12/16/2011 #72
Narwhalphonse
Is anyone besides me DYING to know if Soka is still alive? I mean, Water Tribe people seemed to have long lives. Old Sokka would be absolutely hilarious XD

I'm also extremely curious as to who Chief Bei Fong's father is. Theories? Has anyone seen her picture yet? She looks a lot like Poppy Bei Fong but she's dark like a cerain Water Tribe warrior.

Dante Basco revealed that a) he's voicing a new, Zuko-related character and b) one of the episodes is called "Skeleton in the Closet." *Insert Pure Speculation*The very first thought that came to my mind was that perhaps this Zuko-related character has some questionable lineage...

12/19/2011 #73
moaaa

Dante Basco revealed that a) he's voicing a new, Zuko-related character and b) one of the episodes is called "Skeleton in the Closet."

I thought when Dante Basco said that, he meant he would be voicing a flashback character (maybe Zuko, who knows) for just that one episode? Did I read that wrong?

xxEchelonAtHeartxx

12/20/2011 #74
Narwhalphonse

This is from Wikipedia's page on LoK:

"Dante Basco, voice actor of Prince Zuko in the first series, has confirmed his return to the second,[9] representing a character related to Zuko in some way.[10] Basco also confirmed that one of the episodes is currently titled "Skeleton in the Closet"."

And this is *supposedly* a post Mr. Basco himself made about it. I don't know if it's valid or not.

"For all you Avatar: The Last Airbender Fans… I'm talking about to the ones who love the animated series. I just want to give you a heads up… I just recorded an episode today in which I play a character that is a big surprise… (at least it was to me) & I must say it was so great to be back in that world and seeing a bunch of the old crew, including the Director Andrea Romano, the creators Mike DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko… I love you guys. Even seeing our sound engineer, Justin and Shannon in casting was great. Its like a family reunion. I did miss Mae Whitman and sent her a text from the sound booth."

"But to the die hard fans, I don't think you will be disappointed with the new series… I think its going to be amazing and I'm just honored to be apart of it again."

"Long live the Benders from all Four Elements… but especially the Fire Nation!"

12/21/2011 #75
Mrs Pettyfer

HAHA old Sokka would be epic, Donna. :D I hope more than just Katara is alive. I was rooting for Sokka and Toph, figuring Zuko was a goner.

12/21/2011 #76
Fullmetal Catalyst

If the quote's legitimate, I like Basco already. Seems like a cool guy, very accessible, very grounded.

On another note, exceedingly important question. Do I watch the show as each episode comes out and force myself to wait week by week, or do I somehow hold off until the entire show is finished? Pick my poison.

Also of devastating importance, which ship do I support: Korraang or Korramon? I think Korramon is a little more realistic in terms of their actually being two separate people, but Korraang has a spiritual headstart and mirrors a couple from the last series.

12/21/2011 #77
moaaa

Also of devastating importance, which ship do I support: Korraang or Korramon? I think Korramon is a little more realistic in terms of their actually being two separate people, but Korraang has a spiritual headstart and mirrors a couple from the last series.I, uh, have to hope you mean in terms of..anything else besides a relationship? Korramon as in Korra-Amon, correct? If so, he's her enemy from what I've read, it'd be kind of hard if you're looking for something like a love-relationship.

I Korralin would be fun just to think about. :) Of course, I have to ship..what is it, Korrako, Korrko, Makorra, Morra?! Yeah. But that could change when their actual personalities are revealed in the show, I'm open to possibilities.

Of course, I am talking about a relationship thing.

On another note, exceedingly important question. Do I watch the show as each episode comes out and force myself to wait week by week, or do I somehow hold off until the entire show is finished? Pick my poison.

Week by week. I think it's more agonizing to try to wait for who knows how long until it's over. Unless you think you can do it, if so, I say, more power to you.

xxEchelonAtHeartxx

12/21/2011 #78
Narwhalphonse

"On another note, exceedingly important question. Do I watch the show as each episode comes out and force myself to wait week by week, or do I somehow hold off until the entire show is finished? Pick my poison."

I, for one, simply cannot contain myself. Assuming I get cable back, I will be religiously glued to my television for half an hour each week. I've been bouncing up and down since I first heard about it a year ago... and it was originally suppossed to come out this October. But then Nick or Bryke or whoever is in charge of that decided they wanted more Avatar, and VOILA we wait another year. :( I'm glad we get more episodes, but I'm so impatient...

"Also of devastating importance, which ship do I support: Korraang or Korramon? I think Korramon is a little more realistic in terms of their actually being two separate people, but Korraang has a spiritual headstart and mirrors a couple from the last series."

I don't know about you, but I'm fully-full on Tenzin/Chief Bei Fong - Taang for a new generation. Whoo!

12/21/2011 #79
Fullmetal Catalyst

I, uh, have to hope you mean in terms of..anything else besides a relationship? Korramon as in Korra-Amon, correct? If so, he's her enemy from what I've read, it'd be kind of hard if you're looking for something like a love-relationship.

Of course I mean for a romantic relationship, ma'am! KorraxAmon and KorraxAang. It'd be hard to find Korra/Amon (or maybe Amorra?) stuff if he never appears in the show, Ozai-style, or if he's downright evil beyond redemption (Ozai-style again). But, I mean, if Bryke make him multi-dimensional and only part of that evil then this could be more than a crackship. We'll see! :P

And TenzinxChief is an interesting one, donna, even if it's a real homewrecker. Because everything "needs" to be codenamed, shall we call it Chenzin, Tong, or Ten Fong?

12/22/2011 #80
Mrs Pettyfer

Lmao Cadmos..Korra/Amon?! What if it's an old guy behind that mask! Watch him be super attractive and catch everyone by surprise. Well, as attractive as a cartoon gets..but you get my point. I'm going to be shallow for now and say Mako/Korra. But Bryke has said they're friends, so at least there's a building block there...*sad attempt at defense* When is this supposed to come out again?

And of course you'll watch it week to week. Don't torture yourself..spoilers will be all over the internet anyway. :P

12/22/2011 #81
Justice Tokidoki
Not trying to be mean, but Tenzin is already married. And he is very old in comparison to korra. I don't really think it would work if they were paired up....
12/22/2011 #82
Fullmetal Catalyst

Lmao Cadmos..Korra/Amon?! What if it's an old guy behind that mask! Watch him be super attractive and catch everyone by surprise. Well, as attractive as a cartoon gets..but you get my point.

Well, my preferred ship would be Korraang. Korramon/Amorra is a backup in the event that Aang never really appears. Of course, if Amon never appears either, or he ends up being completely rotten and the relationship looks disgusting, I'll have to find another ship. (@Echelon, I'm not being entirely serious with my ships, but I am curious to see what would happen if I shipped these pairings on various forums)

Also, Madame Pettyfer...shallow? Maybe, but what choice do you have? We know almost nothing about the story or the characters, so it's either shallow or nothing. Besides, at least you're sane. I intend on shipping a pairing that's physically impossible.

@Justice: both true.

12/22/2011 . Edited 12/22/2011 #83
Fullmetal Catalyst

Double post.

12/22/2011 . Edited 12/22/2011 #84
Narwhalphonse

Cadmos:

I suppose I can't call you FC anymore :P

Korraang just sounds like the ultimate form of narcissism.

"And TenzinxChief is an interesting one, donna, even if it's a real homewrecker. Because everything "needs" to be codenamed, shall we call it Chenzin, Tong, or Ten Fong?"

I wasn't at all serious when I said that, but now that I think about it... it is rather intruiging...

And why is it that all couples in the Avatarverse MUST be given a ship name? Plenty of other fandoms are content to just put an x or a / between the two names and call it good. Although I have to say that I'm pretty fond of the term for KorraxBolin, "Korralin." it's my real name spelled differently, haha :D

If I had to pick anything, it would be Chenzin. Ten Fong sounds too close to Long Feng, and that's all I'd think of upon hearing it.

12/22/2011 #85
Fullmetal Catalyst

I suppose I can't call you FC anymore :P

I'll still answer to it, haha :P

Korraang just sounds like the ultimate form of narcissism.

Yeah, pretty much. But let's face it, spiritually they're INCREDIBLY in tune with each other. They'll understand each other's problems on a level no one can even approach...except the other thousand Avatars. But we're not concerned about THEM.

And why is it that all couples in the Avatarverse MUST be given a ship name? Plenty of other fandoms are content to just put an x or a / between the two names and call it good. Although I have to say that I'm pretty fond of the term for KorraxBolin, "Korralin." it's my real name spelled differently, haha :D

I don't know who started it and it's annoying, but the lingo is the lingo. Korra's name lends itself really well to lots of mashups, I guess, which doesn't bode well...none of them are within a light year of my name, though o.O You're too right about Ten Fong...Chenzin it is, then.

12/22/2011 #86
Narwhalphonse

"But let's face it, spiritually they're INCREDIBLY in tune with each other. They'll understand each other's problems on a level no one can even approach...except the other thousand Avatars. But we're not concerned about THEM."

Well, actually, Mike and Bryan said Korra is pretty much an anti-Aang... so, if anything, they aren't going to get along very well :P I suppose you could use the "opposites attract" argument, though.

I'm going to start shipping KorraxRoku (Rokorra?) just to be a brat. Mwahahahaha.

"I don't know who started it and it's annoying, but the lingo is the lingo."

I'm going to go over to the Twilight section, write a JacobxBella story, and call it Jella in the summary.

Seriously, though, do you have any theories about Korra? I've got a lot floating around in my head but most are wishful thinking rather than solid, backed-up theories.

12/22/2011 #87
Fullmetal Catalyst

Well, actually, Mike and Bryan said Korra is pretty much an anti-Aang... so, if anything, they aren't going to get along very well :P I suppose you could use the "opposites attract" argument, though.

ARGH. This is true. But wait...we might have something here. Personality-wise they're very different, but they can still understand each other incredibly well. It could lead to a hell of a dynamic!

I'm going to start shipping KorraxRoku (Rokorra?) just to be a brat. Mwahahahaha.

You might be onto something there. Could also be Korraku. And Jella...I confess, I chuckled.

Seriously, though, do you have any theories about Korra? I've got a lot floating around in my head but most are wishful thinking rather than solid, backed-up theories.

Unfortunately, not really. I don't know enough to have any serious theories. I hope Amon isn't evil the way Ozai was, I hope the Dai Li engage in a shadow war with the Metalbending police, I hope Bryke don't even THINK about a love triangle. It'd be very interesting if the civilization came crashing down toward the end of a season, forcing Korra to take up the mantle of a true Avatar in an era when they didn't think they needed one. I hope we see Koh, La, Tui/Yue, and Wan Shi Tong again, although I don't know in what context. I want Amon to be a Bender with an agenda that takes many episodes to unravel.

But no, no theories :P

12/22/2011 #88
TigerShadow

Cadmos, you're really pulling at straws to support Korra/Aang, huh?

I really hope they bring back Koh...just to bring back the "we'll meet again" line from "The Siege of the North" and make it the ultimate continuity nod/Chekhov's Gun.

12/22/2011 . Edited 12/24/2011 #89
Narwhalphonse

"ARGH. This is true. But wait...we might have something here. Personality-wise they're very different, but they can still understand each other incredibly well. It could lead to a hell of a dynamic!"

They probably will, since Aang's going to be her guide the way Roku was to Aang (or at least, it's been hinted strongly at that being the case). But...romance? That's a combination of narcissism and necrophilia. Ew. But hey, feel free to ship whatever, man :P

"I hope Amon isn't evil the way Ozai was"

Amon is the leader of the Equalists, who, from what the trailer showed, use Chi Blocking. I'm guessing Ty Lee has something to do with the Equalists. Either that, or perhaps it was a rebel response to Ozai having his Firebending stripped of him. Perhaps a combination of the two...

"I hope the Dai Li engage in a shadow war with the Metalbending police"

That would not only be kick@ss, but it would explain why Korra gets mixed up with the police - she's trying to figure out the secrets and issues there and, as Avatar, having to keep peace.

"I hope Bryke don't even THINK about a love triangle."

Well, they said "cheesy teen romance," but a love triangle has yet to be confirmed or denied. It's sad how teen romance seems to equate with love traingles these days, though.

"I hope we see Koh, La, Tui/Yue, and Wan Shi Tong again, although I don't know in what context."

I didn't particularly like Wan Shi Tong, but I would love for Koh to show up again. "We will meet again"... they'd better follow up on that. Without Sokka, I can't see Yue showing up, but I wouldn't mind if she did.

"I want Amon to be a Bender with an agenda that takes many episodes to unravel."

Maybe an ex-Bender who had his bending taken away by Aang and now holds a grudge against Korra, like Koh did against Aang for what Kuruk did.

12/22/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member