Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Fullmetal Catalyst

Other than that idea, I'd work on my BBT post-apoc fic. :D

Oh? Sounds like fun :)

I would love to see this. With who? A Firebender or an Earthbender?

Firebender, a commander in Zuko's army. Unorthodox, but, well...to say she's pushed into it is probably misleading. She initiates it. It's one of the only scenes in the middle third of the fic for which I actually have ideas on what will happen.

10/18/2011 #61
Mrs Pettyfer

Toph in an Agni Kai sounds very epic. :D The idea of Aang and Mai working together has to be full of win as well.

I just read a reviewer who wants me to kill more characters. Lol that NEVER happens. When the time comes I'm not so sure they'll want the deaths anymore though..*sad face* Killing main characters is rough.

I need to read your Fifth Column at some point Incognito. :D

10/18/2011 . Edited 10/18/2011 #62
redpinkandwhite

Two weeks, get psyched! You ready?

Ahh!! Two weeks??!! *Is so not mentally prepared for this*

I have two weeks to get ready, right? You are so (a)head of me.

LoK is supposed to come out Summer 2012, but there are talks of it being delayed yet again 'til 2013. RAGE! x_x

... DUDE. Seriously? They are trying to push it back that far? Why? Jeez. They need to get on it!

Can't speak for her, but for my part you're welcome to join us :)

I'm cool with you joining in, Incognito. :) You'd be doing the BetaCircle, right?

Zuko and Katara deal with a Fire rebellion while Aang and Mai hunt down its source, Piandao has an epic fight scene, Toph is pushed into an Agni Kai, and Ty Lee is not her cheery self.

.... Zutara... Awesome Agni Kais... Aang and Mai fighting together...

Just rediscussing your storyline makes me SO pumped for your story, Cadmos. Chock full of action and butt-kicking! You'll be sure to put assassination attempts in, right? :)

10/18/2011 . Edited 10/18/2011 #63
Fullmetal Catalyst

Toph in an Agni Kai sounds very epic. :D

I'm not sure if she wins or loses yet, but in either case there will be some serious Fire vs. Earth action.

The idea of Aang and Mai working together has to be full of win as well.

I'm debating on the first step of their journey in the Spirit World. Pretty sure they go see a horribly wounded Koh first. Good thing Mai likes her deadpan expression.

I just read a reviewer who wants me to kill more characters. Lol that NEVER happens. When the time comes I'm not so sure they'll want the deaths anymore though..*sad face* Killing main characters is rough.

Haha, really? This must be a Battle Royale reader or something. Maybe they're just trying to not so subtly tell you to update as fast as humanly possible.

I do as well. For someone who's, ah, too lazy to link to your profile, may I ask what it's about?

Ahh!! Two weeks??!! *Is so not mentally prepared for this*

I have two weeks to get ready, right? You are so (a)head of me.

Of course. I'm not really ready, I'm just too tired to worry about not being ready :D

Just think of it like writing a normal fic....except a lot faster. Quantity over quality, to begin with.

.... Zutara... Awesome Agni Kais... Aang and Mai fighting together...

Just rediscussing your storyline makes me SO pumped for your story, Cadmos. Chock full of action and butt-kicking! You'll be sure to put assassination attempts in, right? :)

Thanks so much! Don't overhype it for yourself, I would hate to disappoint :)

I don't think Zuko and Katara will end up marrying after all - not sure there's enough time - so they'll probably just be working closely together in the palace. There will be plenty of development between them, though, I assure you. At least two assassination attempts are planned, one of which is very nearly successful ;)

Aang and Mai fighting together...well, they'll be potent, that's for sure. Beyond that, I can say no more until I've actually written it.

10/18/2011 #64
chromeknickers

It's not for the faint of heart, and it's certainly not fluff. I just can't seem to write fluff, with exception to A Matter of Appearances. But then I was prompted to write such a story. If left to my own devices, all my AtLA stories would be dark/angst or angst/romance. :P I am somewhat pleased with what I've written so far for FC, given the parameters of the prompt: dark/angst/smut/dub-con/post-war/Zutara.

I do as well. For someone who's, ah, too lazy to link to your profile, may I ask what it's about?

Well, it's a post-war Zutara fic, but it's not exactly romantic. At all. In fact, it's very dark and political (and psychological). To give you some background, fourteen years have passed since Sozin's Comet, and the Fire Nation is on the cusp of civil war. A clandestine society from within, known as the Fifth Column, seeks the abdication and ruin of Fire Lord Zuko, as well as the capture of the Avatar, to return the Fire Nation to its former glory. In order to achieve its aims, the group has kidnapped the Avatar's fiancée, Katara, and are holding her prisoner in a relatively unknown part of the world. Without giving much of the plot away, it ends up becoming a race against time for the gang to find Katara, free her, and locate the leaders of the Fifth Column to try to halt the mounting civil war. Plus, there's intrigue. Anyway, it has slight NTR, but not the kind that makes you rage against Zuko or Katara.

-

Edit: I wrote Fire Lord Ozai for some reason. While the Fifth Column seems to have been in favour of Ozai's rule, the society is primarily made up of purists and Fire Nation supremacists, and Ozai was more about himself than the betterment of his nation.

10/19/2011 . Edited 10/21/2011 #65
Mrs Pettyfer

It's not for the faint of heart, and it's certainly not fluff.

Good, my cup of tea, then. I'm more of a dark romance/angst reader myself. Plus, it's Zuko..and he's anything but fluffy. When he says the word "fluffy" in TBR talking about the clouds I about died laughing. lmao Even the WORD is strange coming from him. I think romance can be deep without being fluffy. Goes back to the "show don't tell" rule with writing as well. :D

Anyway, it has slight NTR.

*feels really dumb* What is NTR?

10/19/2011 #66
chromeknickers

*feels really dumb* What is NTR?

Don't be. I've been shooting out acronyms all day. Bad habit. NTR stands for netorare, which is Japanese for cuckolding. In anime or games (or h***), it's where the main protagonist's loved one is taken away by another. Aang, however, isn't the main protagonist in this story, so it isn't really netorare, but canon purists would claim that any Zutara story that features Zuko "stealing" Katara as netorare. I only use this term at all because Katara is engaged to Aang, the hero, and there is a heavy amount of dub-con involved, which is quite typical for netorares. *grimaces*

When he says the word "fluffy" in TBR talking about the clouds I about died laughing.

Yeah, Zuko being fluffy is quite shocking. I always imagine him as awkward, even when he's older. Of course, I like to make him a bit of a BAMF when he's older, but when it comes to women, he still draws a blank. :P In A Matter of Appearances, I just created a humorous dialogue between Zuko and Katara. I really miss my Draco/Ginny writing some days because I have such freedom with their acerbic dialogue and witty back and forth. Zuko and Katara never really struck me as having this kind of interplay - with exception to Katara making pitiful jokes and Zuko giving her a deadpan expression. :P

10/19/2011 #67
redpinkandwhite

Of course. I'm not really ready, I'm just too tired to worry about not being ready :D

Just think of it like writing a normal fic....except a lot faster. Quantity over quality, to begin with.

XD At least you have a plot. I only have a prompt... I really need to crank out a storyline for myself to follow. I am going to flop and fail if I don't have something going on.

Well, that's also the problem. (---- Has, like, never really tried to undertake a story before) And my first story doesn't count. Let's just hope that I have the stamina for a story?

Thanks so much! Don't overhype it for yourself, I would hate to disappoint :)

There's no way that you can disappoint me! Besides, I'm sure your story is going to be awesome, no matter quality. Besides, it's all about quantity, right?

I don't think Zuko and Katara will end up marrying after all - not sure there's enough time - so they'll probably just be working closely together in the palace. There will be plenty of development between them, though, I assure you. At least two assassination attempts are planned, one of which is very nearly successful ;)

Aang and Mai fighting together...well, they'll be potent, that's for sure. Beyond that, I can say no more until I've actually written it

... Eh. I don't mind them not marrying. As long as there is plenty of bonding and a tad bit of potential romance (even a hug or two would suffice), then I will be happy. ^^

YAY!!! Assassinations. This is going to be awesome!!! Oh, and will ninja assassins be involved? :)

Yeah. That will be an interesting combo. I'm excited to see it. We'll find out once November rolls around, eh? :D

10/19/2011 #68
Fullmetal Catalyst

At all. In fact, it's very dark and political (and psychological).

One of my cups of tea :) I like your plot, too. NTR, eh, never really read any explicitly labeled as such, so neutral.

I think romance can be deep without being fluffy. Goes back to the "show don't tell" rule with writing as well. :D

Of course. Some of my favorite romances are the understated ones that are far from fluffy. And sometimes the circumstances of the plot would make a fluffy romance out of place, anyway :)

Yeah, Zuko being fluffy is quite shocking. I always imagine him as awkward, even when he's older. Of course, I like to make him a bit of a BAMF when he's older, but when it comes to women, he still draws a blank.

Zuko ain't fluffy. I definitely imagine him as a BAMF when he's older, but then he really is a bit of one even in the show. You just need to get him into his element and let him loose.

XD At least you have a plot. I only have a prompt... I really need to crank out a storyline for myself to follow. I am going to flop and fail if I don't have something going on.

If you want to discuss ideas I'd be happy to have them bounced off me :)

I haven't tried something like this since I lost all my early writing attempts in a computer crash a few years back, so I hear ya. Don't worry, I'll be your support group! And it really is all about quantity, you can always edit later if you actually want to post it. Think of it as a really long-term writing exercise.

... Eh. I don't mind them not marrying. As long as there is plenty of bonding and a tad bit of potential romance (even a hug or two would suffice), then I will be happy. ^^

YAY!!! Assassinations. This is going to be awesome!!! Oh, and will ninja assassins be involved? :)

Hug or two? Does clinging suffice? ;) And I'm taking your recommendation about bonding through sparring. They're going to have a lot of anger and grief to deal with even before the final chapters, and both will need to vent. They're also going to be completely alone in a sea of sharks that most people call "nobility" -- Iroh, Sokka, Suki, Mai, and Aang are all gone, and Toph is busy with her own troubles in Zuko's army (probably with Ty Lee helping her).

Ninja assassins? But of course, and I don't just mean Mai. Firebender assassins and an assassin of a more shadowy nature, too.

10/19/2011 . Edited 10/19/2011 #69
redpinkandwhite

I haven't tried something like this since I lost all my early writing attempts in a computer crash a few years back, so I hear ya. Don't worry, I'll be your support group! And it really is all about quantity, you can always edit later if you actually want to post it. Think of it as a really long-term writing exercise.

Oh. I'm sorry about that! But, at least I'm not the only one in the fray. That's good. :) Thank you for that.

Hug or two? Does clinging suffice? ;) And I'm taking your recommendation about bonding through sparring. They're going to have a lot of anger and grief to deal with even before the final chapters, and both will need to vent. They're also going to be completely alone in a sea of sharks that most people call "nobility" -- Iroh, Sokka, Suki, Mai, and Aang are all gone, and Toph is busy with her own troubles in Zuko's army (probably with Ty Lee helping her).

Ninja assassins? But of course, and I don't just mean Mai. Firebender assassins and an assassin of a more shadowy nature, too.

Hm. Clinging on the brink of death? XD Just kidding. Clinging works VERY well. It shall sate my inner romance monster. YAY! I love it when they bond through sparring. It makes the fighting seem so much better (though it's all ready cool as is.) That's going to make the whole story better, too. :) I'm getting excited again!

Yay!!! Ninja assassins that can actually put up a fight. Epic! Ooh. Do we have characters already planned!? This is amazing.

10/20/2011 #70
Fullmetal Catalyst

Yay!!! Ninja assassins that can actually put up a fight. Epic! Ooh. Do we have characters already planned!? This is amazing.

Characters, scenes, settings, events, even individual paragraphs in some cases. Been thinking about this for some time ;) Just have to get it all down in the outline and keep the dialogue in mind for when I write the story.

Even better assassins will appear in the sequel, though. Outlining that one too.

I think your prompt has a great deal of potential, by the way. Best of luck! :)

10/21/2011 #71
redpinkandwhite

Characters, scenes, settings, events, even individual paragraphs in some cases. Been thinking about this for some time ;) Just have to get it all down in the outline and keep the dialogue in mind for when I write the story.

Yes, you have this down! I can't wait for November to end. This is going to be awesome!!

Even better assassins will appear in the sequel, though. Outlining that one too.

O.O ... You have a sequel planned? Already? Dude. Assassins! Awesome! And they are better and newer than before?

Just wondering, do we know who is going to have an assassination attempt on? I don't want too many details, but will one of them be on the Fire Lord?

I think your prompt has a great deal of potential, by the way. Best of luck! :)

Thank you! :)

10/21/2011 #72
Mrs Pettyfer

I always imagined Zuko and Katara would bond through bending. Not only to vent steam, but to learn from each other. Zuko will be teaching Katara are how fight with duo swords in one of mine. :D

Cadmos, you are not allowed to have Katara and Zuko "trip" and fall right on top of each other. Lmao

Are you writing this post war fic in multiple points of view? Third person or first?

10/21/2011 #73
Fullmetal Catalyst

Just wondering, do we know who is going to have an assassination attempt on? I don't want too many details, but will one of them be on the Fire Lord?

Won't give more details than some of the targets. One on Katara, one on Zuko and Katara, one on Zuko that is changed mid-attempt to one on Toph, and likely one on Aang and Mai to spice their journey up. There are other attempts (I know, "Cadmos, how can you possibly fit that many into one story?") on other characters, but I haven't completely decided how those will play out just yet.

Both assassins and target in the sequel are much stronger than the ones who came before ;)

I always imagined Zuko and Katara would bond through bending. Not only to vent steam, but to learn from each other. Zuko will be teaching Katara are how fight with duo swords in one of mine. :D

Oh my, never thought about the swords, I'll credit you for that when I use it ;) Danke.

Cadmos, you are not allowed to have Katara and Zuko "trip" and fall right on top of each other. Lmao

I can have them trip as much as I please, haha :p

Don't worry, I have lots of things for them to bond over, and I know where I want to take them. There will be a variety of moments for their relationship to deepen.

Are you writing this post war fic in multiple points of view? Third person or first?

Third person, beginning about four years after Sozin's Comet. Current point of view characters include Aang, Mai, Zuko, Katara, Toph, Ozai, and Piandao. Not sure if I want any more than that.

10/21/2011 . Edited 10/21/2011 #74
Mrs Pettyfer

Baha I just realized I said to "vent steam" and Katara and Zuko, well, they're known as the "steamy benders.." *chuckles and looks away awkwardly*

Piandao? That's interesting. I've never read something in his point of view. He's going to be in my Black Games sequel. I'm considering that one of my new "gang" members is his son. Not sure though. I'm glad you're doing third person. I don't mind points of view changing but I prefer third person if so. I don't really like changing points of view in first person, especially if one perspective is literally going over what just happened. I couldn't read the Vampire Diaries because of that reason. I like the mystery of not knowing what every single character is thinking..since usually the protangonist doesn't either.

Oh my, never thought about the swords, I'll credit you for that when I use it.

You don't have to do that. :P I wanted to do something with the idea of stormbending. Even before I read that fanfic, I was thinking about it. That saying that lightning is attracted to water just begs me to use it in a story.

Speaking of all this writing, have you read any good stories lately? Real or Avatar FF? I just bought Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. Heard it was good so I thought I'd give it a go.

10/21/2011 #75
Fullmetal Catalyst

Piandao? That's interesting. I've never read something in his point of view. He's going to be in my Black Games sequel. I'm considering that one of my new "gang" members is his son. Not sure though. I'm glad you're doing third person. I don't mind points of view changing but I prefer third person if so. I don't really like changing points of view in first person, especially if one perspective is literally going over what just happened. I couldn't read the Vampire Diaries because of that reason. I like the mystery of not knowing what every single character is thinking..since usually the protangonist doesn't either.

Oh yes, Piandao. He'll be doing what he does best. A Black Games sequel? Stop teasing me :p

Having multiple first-person points of view is incredibly difficult and almost always more of a bother than it's worth. First person is so intimate that to leave that character's viewpoint makes it tough to hang on to his/her story. Also makes it hard to point to a single protagonist.

Speaking of all this writing, have you read any good stories lately? Real or Avatar FF? I just bought Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. Heard it was good so I thought I'd give it a go.

Haven't, unfortunately. Been incredibly busy for the last month or so and have barely found time for anything. If these forum posts took any longer than they do, I wouldn't have time for them either :(

Tiger's Curse? Let me know if I should check it out.

10/21/2011 #76
Mrs Pettyfer

A Black Games sequel? Stop teasing me.

Ugh. That's how it makes me feel. So much more pressure for the sequel. But the ending I want for TBG can't happen without a sequel. It could, but that'd be me being lazy. Can't do that. :P As of now it's called Insurgent. Because "insurgent" means "A person who rises in forcible opposition to lawful authority, especially a person who engages in armed resistance to a government or to the execution of its laws; rebel." Thought it was appropriate. :D

I need to force myself through Mockingjay so I have it as a guideline, since the sequel will be more like that than Catching Fire. I'd say inspiration but I don't want mine as depressing, lol. You're doing a sequel, right? Did I read that? What's the idea behind it?

Having multiple first-person points of view is incredibly difficult and almost always more of a bother than it's worth.

True, it's harder to write. Which is weird because you'd think it would be easier in some sense. I think multiple points of view works best in adventure/action stories where you have sort of a group of main characters (like Avatar) and want to show what's going on over a large distance. I think multiple points of view where the characters are in the same setting is a bit pointless. Cassandra Clare is great at this, while also making it clear who the heroine is, and having her point of view be the dominate one.

10/22/2011 #77
chromeknickers

Hmm, totally forgot to post about this on here, but today's the last day to sign-up for the Zutara Secret Santa. You have until 11:59 PM PST (GMT -7) to create a wish-list. All the details are on the kz_secret_santa LJ community and the link is on my profile. For the sloths of the WFZ *looks at Cads*, here's the link to the site: http://kz-secret-santa.livejournal.com/ AND the direct link for the wish-list sign-up: http://kz-secret-santa.livejournal.com/1390.html

10/22/2011 #78
Fullmetal Catalyst

For the sloths of the WFZ *looks at Cads*

...probably earned that.

This doesn't much seem like my thing. Too much Zutara and not enough Toph.

(That said, I wouldn't mind a single Zutara prompt to balance my Kataang prompt. Ideas?)

Ugh. That's how it makes me feel. So much more pressure for the sequel. But the ending I want for TBG can't happen without a sequel. It could, but that'd be me being lazy. Can't do that. :P As of now it's called Insurgent. Because "insurgent" means "A person who rises in forcible opposition to lawful authority, especially a person who engages in armed resistance to a government or to the execution of its laws; rebel." Thought it was appropriate. :D

So much pressure!!! Do you have an idea for where you go with the sequel or do you just feel it's necessary?

I need to force myself through Mockingjay so I have it as a guideline, since the sequel will be more like that than Catching Fire. I'd say inspiration but I don't want mine as depressing, lol. You're doing a sequel, right? Did I read that? What's the idea behind it?

Nice. Catching Fire was necessary for Mockingjay, but it felt strange to me coming after Hunger Games. Good luck if you don't intend on making it as depressing...haha.

Yep, sequel. I can't say anything about the idea because it would give away almost everything in the ending of the first one, and I really don't want to do that. Suffice to say that there's an apocalypse en route and a group of assassins have to stop it from happening.

10/22/2011 . Edited 10/22/2011 #79
chromeknickers

Too much Zutara and not enough Toph.

I wrote a humorous Toph drabble last night, Matchmaking. I also have a slew of other non-Zutara fics currently entered in challenges, so I keep myself well-balanced. ^_~

That said, I wouldn't mind a single Zutara prompt to balance my Kataang prompt. Ideas

I have loads, but I'm not sure if I should share them with the likes of you! ^_~

10/22/2011 #80
Fullmetal Catalyst

I wrote a humorous Toph drabble last night, Matchmaking. I also have a slew of other non-Zutara fics currently entered in challenges, so I keep myself well-balanced. ^_~

Haha, if we learned anything from this show, it's that balance is always the key.

I have loads, but I'm not sure if I should share them with the likes of you! ^_~

BAH. While you're correct that you shouldn't, of course, I'm still going to ask you for them :p

The alternative is that I eventually get around to writing my pair of Kataang oneshots and then get mad at myself for unbalancing my workbench.

10/22/2011 #81
Mrs Pettyfer

Do you have an idea for where you go with the sequel or do you just feel it's necessary?

Yeah, I have some scenes already in the works, and a basic idea where it's going. Dreading the final battle. Writing battles is rough. For me. :P

And it's pretty necessary. It'd be like combining The Hunger Games with Mockingjay. Just won't work without cramming too much into one story. The Black Games should focus on well, the Black Games. When I started writing the end I realized it wasn't working into the story because it needs to be part of a new story. *grumbles* But I am excited about the new group of characters. I've got an OC who is basically my ode to Finnick. :P

As for prompts, you should really check out some of the artwork on Deviantart. I've written a lot of stuff based off art I've seen on there. :D Go check out my favorites for Zutara work: http://ardawling.deviantart.com/favourites/45540711 Some real beauties in there.

10/22/2011 . Edited 10/22/2011 #82
chromeknickers

I wouldn't mind a single Zutara prompt to balance my Kataang prompt. Ideas?

Actually, I have one word: coexistence. I'm using that word as my prompt for an AU I'm writing, aptly titled Coexistence. I think that word sums up their different personalities/elements quite well; despite the fact that these two might not see eye-to-eye, they do manage to coexist. If you want a slightly more detailed prompt, write a one-shot that will parallel their major loss in life: their mothers. ^_^

10/28/2011 . Edited 10/28/2011 #83
TigerShadow

At the moment, I'm trying to write a post-battles pre-tea shop scene between mostly Zuko and Sokka--premise being that Sokka asks Zuko why he cared so much about Azula and Zuko asks him to think about what he just said. Unfortunately, I also have a Heroes of Olympus oneshot that I'm trying to finish typing, and unfortunately I haven't had the time or inclination to get it done. I am in the rough draft process of this oneshot, though. I'm thinking if entitling it "Family." What do y'all think?

10/28/2011 #84
Mrs Pettyfer

^I love stories that feature Zuko and Sokka. Mainly because it can be really awkward but I could see how they'd also have a heart to heart. I've wanted to write a one shot where Sokka asks Zuko about the Ember Island Play..regarding that scene between Katara and Zuko. Lmao I can only imagine how awkward that would be..how Sokka would try to play it cool while asking. :P

10/28/2011 #85
GothGeek89

I love Sokka/Zuko friendship. They're both complete dorks and together they're just too funny. I would really love it if the Legend of Kora(did I spell her name right?) showed flashbacks of some really awkward moments.

I haven't read in any Avatar fics in a while. What little free time I get between work and the personal s*** I've got going on in my life has been dedicated to watching episodes of the Voltron remake, Thundercats remake, and the new Young Justice cartoon on my DVR while resisting the urge to squeal like the geek that I am.

11/14/2011 #86
chromeknickers

I love the bromance, too. I often hint at in my fics. I would love it if Legend of Korra had flashbacks, but I have this sinking feeling that they won't with exception to Aang and Zuko, maybe.

I've found myself beginning to veer away from fanfiction back into manga and anime. Actually, I've decided to create my own manga, starting with a light novel, which will most likely be more of a novella because I can't bring myself to write pure dialogue. The only thing that makes me cringe about it is writing it in first person. :|

11/14/2011 #87
Mrs Pettyfer

I used to hate first person but I read a lot of young adult books in the fantasy/paranormal romance genre and almost all of them are first person. So I've gotten used to it and don't mind it as much. I find I prefer third person in fanfiction though. Weird. :P Why do you hate writing in first?

11/14/2011 #88
Odekake

I used to write in first person when I started out, but then I switched to third person limited as I improved my writing. First person is rather difficult for me nowadays because I have to make sure that I write in a matter befitting the character I am talking about. Meaning that some characters will have a more colorful language than others. Some will use more complicated words than others. Some will not "get" things quite as fast (or at all). It's a bit of a headache. Third-person limited works. I don't have to "sound" like the character, but still keep the story in their point of view.

11/14/2011 #89
Marius Prime

Certain types of fiction really work the first-person angle well. Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series really showed me how emotion can feel much more immediate and personal when written in first-person. That's mostly self-explanatory, but one of my favorite little tricks that you wouldn't think of is the difference in the character's mindset and how other people see him. You get used to seeing things from the protagonist's viewpoint, and he knows all too well how lucky he is to have survived, how difficult and terrifying his challenges are, and how he continually squeaks by on the narrowest margins, and it's always painful and often costly. Other people, from his peers to his friends to various major international powerhouses, tend to focus more on how he faces monumental challenges again and again, continually spewing impudence, and emerges victorious every time. It always comes as a shock to Harry - and to the reader - just how large he looms in everybody's view of the situation. One short story is told from the point of view of the usual protagonist's brother, who is really powerful in his own right, but he's in complete awe of his brother's willingness to stand up to major evils, tell them what HE thinks, and spit in their eye, which is not at all how Harry thinks of himself. It's fantastic.

11/14/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member