Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
MasterOfTheAster

The Gaang is a "family"! Would you date your brother? besides it's so obvious that Toph is better for Aang. First off THEY'RE THE SAME AGE! and second Katra's not only like a sister but like a mother to Aang and Toph is the newest member, not including Zuko.

Furthermore Zuko and Mei are perfect for each other!

10/23/2011 #1
TigerShadow

besides it's so obvious that Toph is better for Aang.

Okay, so you just said that the Gaang is like a "family", but Toph is part of the Gaang. Wouldn't that mean she was dating her "brother"?

not including Zuko.

And Suki. Toph is hardly a new member of the Gaang.

Furthermore Zuko and Mei are perfect for each other!

Pretty sure it's "Mai" and "Zutara". Just saying. You know, as a fandom Nazi.

At any rate, I would recommend not making point-blank statements like that unless you can back up your point.

10/23/2011 . Edited 10/23/2011 #2
MasterOfTheAster

yes but BECAUSE Katara knew Aang waaay longer it makes Toph less than a "sister" than Katara and it doesn't necessarily mean Aang should even marry Toph because she is still close with him. She and Aang being together would be like Danny Fenton and Sam Manson. Best friends!!

amd i have no idea about Mai/Mei but i have a friend who's Japanese named Mei pronounced May. spells it with an E.

10/23/2011 #3
TigerShadow

What's wrong with best friends being together? Or are you supporting it?

And yes, it is "Mai"; you can look it up on the show's wiki or website or even in the credits.

10/24/2011 #4
MasterOfTheAster

I'mdefinately supporting it! Aren't Danny and Sam perfect for eachother?

cool! good to know about Mai! You learn something new everyday!

10/24/2011 #5
TigerShadow

True dat, true dat, they are indeed. I'd be careful with that, though. You say you don't support Katara/Aang, but you support best friend pairings--Katara and Aang are best friends, if not closer.

Don't you, though? My brother thought it was pronouced "My" because of the spelling...M. Night Shamallamadingdong will probably say it that way, too--it's the "correct" pronunciation, after all.

Anyway, technically I'm a Zutarian, but more because I don't like Kataang and Maiko, not because I think they "belong together"--it's a popular alternative that I can see potential for. Shallow? Maybe, but it's better than "FIRE + WATER = TRUE LURV AN STEAMBABIES" or "OPPOSITES ATTRACT" or something.

10/24/2011 #6
MasterOfTheAster

lol yes. I used to think that Zutara was perfect but i don't anymore,

See, they are closer than best friends, though which is why it'd be dating a cousin, or sibling rather than a best friend. now do you get what I'm saying?

10/24/2011 #7
TigerShadow

Oh, yeah, I get what you're saying--but not everyone will, so I'd be careful. I'm not saying you should pull a Cadmos and write really long posts to illustrate your points, but I am saying that you should evaluate your views so that we fully understand what you're talking about. Don't just say "I like best friend pairings but Katara and Aang seems more brother/sister so it squicks me out" (not the least reason of which is the fact that it's a run-on sentence). Explain why you feel this way before people pick apart what you say. Not chiding you--just letting you know to be prepared.

10/25/2011 #8
MasterOfTheAster

OK, thanks! Sorry I'm kind of new to Fanfiction...

10/25/2011 #9
TigerShadow

That's okay; that's why I told you--I used to be pretty new, but I screwed up pretty badly, and I don't want anyone to make the kind of boneheaded decisions I did. Live and learn, right?

10/25/2011 #10
MasterOfTheAster

Yup! We definately learn! I just got back from school (8:40-4:10)

10/26/2011 #11
MasterOfTheAster

Yup! We definately learn! I just got back from school (8:40-4:10)

10/26/2011 #12
Fullmetal Catalyst

I'm not saying you should pull a Cadmos and write really long posts to illustrate your points

Oh no, you should DEFINITELY write ludicrously long posts the entirety of which no one will actually read. It's FAR more fun than anyone else will give it credit for. Do it! Do it!

And welcome to FF, Danni.

10/26/2011 . Edited 10/26/2011 #13
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member