Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Amira Elizabeth

The new character of Iroh I think will be an interesting one. But I have to say I am not really liking the use of Dante Basco for the character - at least with his voice the same as Zuko's. With technology, adjustments could have been made. But then again, I was not a fan of Zuko's voice really (or Zuko for that matter, but I digress).

This new character is probably his grandson. But the possibility is also there that it is his son. Tenzin had I his first child at 41, so the possibility is still there.

But honestly, I found myself more concerned with Lin and Tenzin's storylines right now. I was in tears over Lin (no lie...LOL). I think Lin and Tenzin are my favorites of the series.

6/17/2012 #211
Melon Fuhrer

Tenzin had his first child at 41, so the possibility is still there.

True, but Pema is also 16 years younger than Tenzin is, and she's the one doing the work. If Zuko married Mai (is it true they split up in The Promise pt 2?), she's only 2 years younger than he is, and it's doubtful she'd stil be able to carry children that late in life.

With the name of the next book still up in the air, I think it's possible that Korra might learn Energybending in the next season. Maybe she'll find a way to restore Lin's bending. At first I sort of questioned why Lin didn't fight back or try to run from Amon when he went to take her bending from her, but it looked like she had already accepted her fate, which makes it even sadder somehow.

6/18/2012 . Edited 6/21/2012 #212
fan-freak121

I thought that Korra and the Krew left before Lin was captured? So they don't know what happened?

Hope Lin gets her bending back. Just like I hope everyone else gets their bending back.

General Iroh will most liikely kick som Equalist butt. I can't wait for hid fight scene.

I agree I don't think his voice goes with him. Basically because it was Zuko's voice to begin with.

6/18/2012 #213
Amira Elizabeth

True, but Pema is also 16 years younger than Tenzin is, and she's the one doing the work. If Zuko married Mai (is it true they split up in The Promise pt 2?), she's only 2 years younger than he is, and it's doubtful she'd stil be able to carry children that late in life

True, but women do have children late in life. My grandmother was 47 with her last child. :D

But anyway, there is apparently confirmation by a writer who writes for the Wall Street Journal that he is Zuko's grandson. The fellow apparently interviewed the creators about the finale. I saw a screenshot of the fellow's twitter and I know he has done reporting on Korra in the past.

6/18/2012 #214
Fullmetal Catalyst

Zuko's grandson makes more sense given his appearance and Zuko's age. But then, Azulon had more than fifty years on Ozai, Ozai had less than thirty on Zuko, we don't really know their wives' ages...who knows.

Point is, General Iroh is younger than Zuko's daughter and young enough that Basco's voice makes some kind of sense. I confess I'm not overly impressed with it, but it's really good, and certainly appropriate, as far as fan service goes.

The finale is going to be incredible. Say what we will about pacing, different feeling, development, etc...this latest episode's build-in was perfect.

And I shed tears at Lin, too. Didn't want to, didn't mean to. Just did.

6/18/2012 #215
Mrs Pettyfer

I adore Dante's voice but he will always be Zuko to me. He sounds a little too young for Iroh's character, me thinks. I wish they would have tweeked it a little..made it deeper or something.

Poor Lin! Team Avatar is going to hurt without her skills. Bolin and Korra better step up their earthbending. I really hope Iroh bends like Zuko..that style needs to come back like now.

6/19/2012 #216
Mitsuko The Dark Angel

If Zuko married Mai (is it true they split up in The Promise pt 2?), she's only 2 years younger than he is, and it's doubtful she'd stil be able to carry children that late in life.They do split up around the end of the comic, and Suki seems to begin to care more about Zuko personally.

With the name of the next book still up in the air,I heard the next book will be called Spirit, but that's still a mere speculation.

6/20/2012 #217
TigerShadow

why Lin didn't fight back or try to run from Amon when he went to take her bending from her, but it looked like she had already accepted her fate, which makes it even sadder somehow.

I think she also knew that it would happen to her anyway and there was no point in fighting it. Her entire scene, from jumping onto airships to getting her bending removed...just wow. :'(

They do split up around the end of the comic, and Suki seems to begin to care more about Zuko personally.

Tiger approves. Suki/Zuko is interesting; honestly, I'd prefer just about anything to Mai/Zuko.

Grr...I didn't save the Word document on which I commented on the last two episodes, and then I accidentally copied a quote before I posted it. Okay...well, let's just say I had the same feels as everyone else and have done with it.

6/20/2012 #218
Melon Fuhrer

Suki seems to begin to care more about Zuko personally.

Hmm... I heard about that, thought it was just rumors. Did she and Sokka break up? And where is the promise sold? I'm dying to have a copy :(

6/21/2012 . Edited 6/21/2012 #219
Mrs Pettyfer

Tiger approves. Suki/Zuko is interesting; honestly, I'd prefer just about anything to Mai/Zuko.

I approve too. Which I can't believe I'm saying because I support Sokka and Suki. But I could actually see the potential between Zuko and Suki. I always imagined him with a leader type of girl anyway, someone who leads with him instead of you know, blending in with the walls. I really, really can't imagine him marrying Mai. As a teenage romance, fine, but definitely not in the long run. It makes me gloomy and miserable just thinking about it.

6/21/2012 #220
TigerShadow

Which I can't believe I'm saying because I support Sokka and Suki.

I would prefer Sokka/Suki to Zuko/Suki as well, but I can see Zuko/Suki happening for all of the reasons you stated, Pettyfer.

I really, really can't imagine him marrying Mai. As a teenage romance, fine, but definitely not in the long run. It makes me gloomy and miserable just thinking about it

So...thinking about Mai makes you Mai-like?

6/21/2012 #221
Melon Fuhrer

Zuko/Suki in a romantic way is such a curveball, lol. I wonder who came up with that one. (And seriously, where does that leave Sokka?) But it's still lightyears ahead of Mai/Zuko, and it kind of proves some of us right about how they aren't really meant to be... *hides*

6/21/2012 . Edited 6/21/2012 #222
fan-freak121

lol @ Tiger

Zuko/Suki uh? Sounds interesting to me. Though I always thought it would be interesting if Zuko and Ty Lee got together. Ty Lee can hold her own and after Azula I doubt that she would take any orders from anybody. And they both have emotional baggage too.

I can't wait until the next new episode/ I definately can't wait until General Iroh's fight scene. I think it will be interesting and amazing.

I still feel bad for Lin. I hope that General Iroh or somebody will be able to get Lin from Amon.

So have any of you seen the finale episode? It looks like Korra will lose her powers; unless that's the time that Korra will be able to get into her Avatar state. Like a last minute thing. That would be cool.

Can't wait until the second seasion. I don't know how they're going to top Amon for the villain.

6/21/2012 #223
Mrs Pettyfer

Haha yes! It's a bad influence for me, obviously. Well, her and Zuko together. Not Mai by herself. I think there are times when one character brings out the good in another, like Mako and Korra. But I don't think Mai really gains anything by being with Zuko. Or vice versa. In my eyes, she was always Azula's sidekick or Zuko's girlfriend. Never just "Mai."

unless that's the time that Korra will be able to get into her Avatar state.

I'm pretty sure she will. When her eyes close, they'll snap open all glowly white. :)

I don't know how they're going to top Amon for the villain.

I'd like Koh. I think a dark, face stealing immortal spirit could be quite a villain. Also, Mike said in an interview that they have ideas for a third book so it's a possibility we'll get three!!!

!!

6/21/2012 #224
Fullmetal Catalyst

Aww, so much Mai hate! Ah well. Can't lie though, the idea of Zuko/Suki blindsided me, really intriguing premise. There are also a mere thirty-odd fics about them, too. Talk about untapped.

I'd like Koh. I think a dark, face stealing immortal spirit could be quite a villain.

They have to play him right, though. Amon has been referred to on this forum as unbeatable, and he's only a man, if a very intelligent and powerful one. If they do it right, he'd dust Amon and Azula with ease. The best of both.

6/21/2012 #225
Melon Fuhrer

the finale tomorrow... brace your feels, guys...

6/22/2012 #226
Fullmetal Catalyst

So who else is rewatching the series this evening in preparation for tomorrow? (If you can bear to watch Lin's sacrifice again, I recommend it.)

6/22/2012 #227
fan-freak121

I definately want to. But I don't know if I could handle Lin's sacrifice. Can't wait until the Finale tomorrow; I can't believe we are finally at the point!

6/22/2012 #228
Melon Fuhrer

I totally would, except a)I've killed enough braincells this week and if I veg anymore I'll turn into a potato b)I don't take my own advice and will be doing a lot of writing today and c)I can't even watch the finale until Sunday night, and I am a big fat sad panda about this. :(

6/22/2012 #229
TigerShadow

I considered this for about two seconds, and then my recovering body and I said, "I don't have a death wish". I'm just gonna watch the finale; I'm enough of a nerd about the series to know what's gone on.

6/23/2012 #230
Fullmetal Catalyst

And now it all makes sense. Skeletons in the closet indeed.

EDIT: Amazing finale. No lead-in to the second season but hey, they'll work something out.

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #231
fan-freak121

Best episode in the whole entire season! I loved it!

Didn't really need General Iroh really.

But I loved it! It was amazing; no more than amazing it was; I can't think of the right word for it really.

Don't want to spoil it for anybody who hasn't watched it yet.

@Cadmos: I agree the name Skeletons in the closet really fit the episode.

6/23/2012 #232
TigerShadow

SO MANY FEELS. FEEEEELLLLS.

That was an incredible finale! Oh, the ending was spectacular! I couldn't quit smiling, and I'll bet I looked creepy, but it was soooo cool! More thoughts will be posted later, methinks, once I calm down and stop squeeing inwardly.

6/23/2012 #233
Mrs Pettyfer

Haha I'm with you, TS. The feels are too much. That run and hug...oh my Makorra heart. It was bursting.

I complained a bit about Mako's firebending but HOLY MONKEY FEATHERS CAN HE LIGHTNING BEND. He needs to focus on that. He's done it in a moving car; he's been electrocuted, grabbed it, and redirected it. Then he resisted Amon and did it. Seriously, he deserves credit for that. Precision is his strength, not so much brute power, like we saw with Zuko. If Mako does learn to bring out his inner fire a little more he will be very tough to beat.

The ending was perfect. They wrote it without plans of season 2, so I think it makes sense. I'm guessing season 2 will focus on airbending--since this one apparently called Air didn't really have much airbending going on lol--and mastering the avatar state. I really, really want koh or another spirit to be the villain.

It's still a little odd hearing Dante voice someone else, but at least the way Iroh talks isn't like Zuko. And Iroh is pretty much Iron Man now.

6/23/2012 #234
Fullmetal Catalyst

Mako's lightning-bending has earned him a serious amount of respect from someone who despises the rest of him. I was very pleased with him this Saturday morning. He's no Iroh (those fire-jets), but he's really grown from the pro-bender (which was pretty much synonymous with "weakling") we saw earlier on. Good for him.

Thoughts on Tarrlok and Amon? Their subplot - and its conclusion - blew me away. It took me a second watch to notice Noatak's tear right before Tarrlok sends them both to the spirit world, and I had to shed one for them. Neither brother wanted to be evil...

Aang's appearance was awesome and perfect. I wish Korra hadn't regained her bending like that (and people say the Energybending last series was a deus ex...lol). Would've been enough for her just to connect with her past lives, as well as provide an easy lead-in. But as it was originally meant to be a single season, it makes sense.

6/23/2012 #235
Mrs Pettyfer

Iroh is obviously Iron Man. He's pretty damn good at bending.

I predicted Amon being Tarrlok's brother as soon as he resisted bloodbending. I figured he had to be a bloodbender himself. Then I just figured Bryke would tie the two together to Yakone. :P The boat scene made me so sad, too. I felt bad. More for Tarrlok, because he kind of had a Zuko story going on. He wanted the city to see him as a hero, and the only heroic thing he does will probably never be noticed.

Amon is gone, but I don't feel like the equalist movement will go away. It has to be addressed. I can't imagine the equalists changing their views just because Amon is gone. Some, probably, but not all. Poor lieutenant.

Yeah the no bending would have been a great cliffy. I'm sure they would have done that if they knew at the time they would be doing two seasons. Bloodbending was never explained either..with how it can apparently shut down bending.

6/24/2012 . Edited 6/24/2012 #236
Fullmetal Catalyst

Amon is gone, but I don't feel like the equalist movement will go away. It has to be addressed. I can't imagine the equalists changing their views just because Amon is gone. Some, probably, but not all. Poor lieutenant.

Could go either way. On the one hand, Amon was the face of the revolution as well as its planner, leader, and executor. No one has his genius. On the other, there's something to be said for the situation: just because Amon is gone doesn't mean the sentiment has disappeared. I'm sure some Equalists will be upset that their cause was perverted, that they were manipulated into war by a bender for his own selfish ends...

6/24/2012 #237
fan-freak121

When I found out that Amon and Tarrlock were brothers I was literally freaking out. I can't call Amon by his real name cause it just feels weird.

After hearing the story that Tarlook said about his life I just wanted to cry. It was so sad.

When Tarlook took his and his brother's life away that made me shocked. I just couldn't believe it.

Even though General Iroh really wasn't needed the little bending that he did there was great!

I couldn't believe that Mako was able to do what he did with Amon; that was amazing, he needs to allow his inner bending to come out because the lightning bend was amazing.

Poor Asami. You have to feel for the girl. It was great to see Mako tell Korra of his feelings for her but than after he did it I was like wait... isn't he still with Asami?

At least Bolin was there to help Asami out with her father. Ah Bolin he makes me lol. Even in the seriousness of the battle there are still moments of humor.

What I want to know is how the heck did Amon manage to capture Tenzen and his family? He must have threatened Tenzen in some way but I want to know exactly how he managed to get it.

At least now everybody can have their bending come back to them. When Amon was taking people's bending away and he said "next" and it showed all of those people in line to get their bending taking away I was W**! That was just freaky.

You know I did wonder why Amon took Tarlook with him when he took his bending away from him. I did think it was odd but I never expected the reason was because they were related.

I wonder if now that Amon is gone if Lin will go back to the force or if she will still not be there any more?

Finally Katara shows up after the battle is done and it is over with.

There are just one too many feelings that I feel for the finale. I can't wait until Session Two! Does anybody know when it will be aired? Hopefully we don't have a long way to go.

You know what's strange? When Jet died they kind of showed us that they were getting ready to kill him but they didn't actually show us but LOK they showed us that Tarlook took his and his brother's life. I just thought that was strange. Though that could be because the show is meant for a more older auidence too.

6/24/2012 #238
TigerShadow

That run and hug...oh my Makorra heart. It was bursting.

I exploded and died. The kiss only made it better.

I complained a bit about Mako's firebending but HOLY MONKEY FEATHERS CAN HE LIGHTNING BEND. but he's really grown from the pro-bender (which was pretty much synonymous with "weakling") we saw earlier on.

I think Mako improved so much because a) he learned a lot of offensive firebending on the streets and developed some in probending (you must admit, some of what we saw in Leaf in the Wind was fairly impressive) and b) he spent time on Air Temple Island, home of several sentries of the Order of the White Lotus, who proved themselves later in Turning the Tides to be quite capable. I imagine he and Bolin both got some training between events in When Extremes Meet and between Out of the Past and Turning the Tides.

If Mako does learn to bring out his inner fire a little more he will be very tough to beat.

Ship him off to the Sun Warriors and he'll come back awesome.

They wrote it without plans of season 2

That's what I think I lot of people who complain about pacing are forgetting. Maybe it was a bit rushed, maybe there were some problems, but the context of the finale's writing was that of a series ending instead of a season ending. I just wonder what the next season's going to do to top this.

I'm guessing season 2 will focus on airbending

I hope Team Avatar does some traveling in Book 2. I want to see some of the traditional Four Nations stuff and how it changed in the aftermath of the Avatar Industrial Revolution.

And Iroh is pretty much Iron Man now.

Someone AMV this, please.

Thoughts on Tarrlok and Amon? Their subplot - and its conclusion - blew me away.

That was a really sad story. At first, when Amon revealed his burn, I thought that Tarrlok had lied again, and then the makeup got washed away and I was most pleased to see Tarrlok's heroism, especially as he blew them both up.

Aang's appearance was awesome and perfect.

That whole scene made me bounce up and down and smile like a lunatic. It was the entire reason for the mass of feels for me.

I don't feel like the equalist movement will go away. just because Amon is gone doesn't mean the sentiment has disappeared.

Of course it hasn't. Anyone remember the fact that a father and his children, the last practitioners of an important and noble art, were set to have the ability to perform it removed from them in the style of a public execution and a crowd stood before them, practically baying for their blood? This isn't over yet, and frankly, I can't see why anyone would want to go back to a city like that. You'd want to set the problem right, but at the same time, I can't say I'd ever want to see any of those people again. If they want to lead nasty and violent lives where they enjoy stripping people of abilities they can't control having, let them. //rant over

I'm sure some Equalists will be upset that their cause was perverted, that they were manipulated into war by a bender for his own selfish ends...

I can certainly see that being a statement made by the Equalists. The Lieutenant seemed to think along those lines, anyway.

6/24/2012 . Edited 6/24/2012 #239
dayties

Newbie here, but here's some of my thoughts:

I have very mixed feelings for the finale. For a girl who loved every bit and piece of AtLA, I find LoK a bit of a bummer. I understand that it has to be rushed, but it feels far to rushed for a plot so intense. Nonetheless, I loved the series up until this episode.

I was crying for all the wrong reasons after the finale.

See, I was a huge Makorra shipper up until episode 8. After that, I lost the heart to love Mako.

So on to the finale:

I really liked everything. The first few minutes with the ambush on the United Forces definitely set a good mood. It really showed just how strong and advanced the Equalists are, as well as how advanced the world has become. At first, Iroh seemed really weak, but he definitely proved himself later on (fire jets woohoo!)

I felt that the Makorra was far too forced in this episode. The only scene I can really appreciate with them is when Mako picks Korra up and runs away from Amon. The fact that Mako could fight against bloodbending was the biggest screw-up I've ever seen (only people who've been able to do it prior - at least that we know of - are bloodbenders and Avatars...Mako isn't close to either of those). Nonetheless I'll let it slide.

What...Korra loses her bending and learns how to airbend. Like a pro. Whut?

Noatok and Tarrlok were my equals to Azula this series. I loved their background story and their characters, and it fit in well with Amon's actual Equalist movement. Their deaths (?) were extremely sad and I felt my heart break. It really showed how Tarrlok progressed as a character, and the fact that Noatok shed a tear right before his death made me truly believe he knew what Tarrlok was going to do. The whole scene was a snap of waterworks for me.

Asami was kickass. She has definitely gone from being my least favourite of the group to being my favourite. She's no Sokka or Suki, but damn is she awesome. Bolin on the other hand, they definitely butchered his character and I really hope Season 2 can make up for it.

Bumi. Oh Bumi. You and Iroh remind me how much I miss AtLA and have definitely gone up in my rankings above Tenzin and Lin. You're up there with Meelo now!

After that though...everything went downhill.

The scene in the compound was actually very intense. To have all of Korra's closest friends and family there definitely shows how much she's changed and how important she is, not as the Avatar but as a general person. The fact Katara couldn't heal her made the scene so much more heart-breaking. When Korra ran away, I definitely understood. It wasn't melodramatic or forced; Korra is the born Avatar, she's not like Aang or any other Avatar before her; it's her identity. I wanted to reach out for her and give her a hug.

And then Mako ruined it. When I saw the scene of watching him watch her run off, I think that showed me more Makorra than any other scene. If he had just stayed there and let her have time to herself, I think it would show that Mako's grown. It would show that he understands people and their feelings. This, alongside his awesome lightningbending, would make me love Mako again. I could honestly say I love him.

Aaaaaand it's gone.

He chases after her. Cute, but not what she needs. She needs Tenzin, or her parents, or KATARA for pete's sake, not some boy who may or may not love her. Scratch that, he does love her. He decides to announce it to her while she just lost her identity. WHAT IS THIS? Plus, if you expect me to believe that brief scene of you telling Asami you care about her (and not even admit that you did something wrong, but blamed it on "circumstances") to be your break-up, I feel sorry for your future girlfriends. Korra, being the smart girl that she is, runs away. Mako goes to chase her, and Tenzin stops him because he knows that Mako's just being an idiot.

So Korra's on her cliff, and it looks like she's about to commit suicide (cuz y'know, she lost her whole identity and all) when Tenzin NO OMG Aang shows up and gives her her powers back. And then Mako chases after Korra even though Tenzin specifically told him NOT TO and Korra tells him she loves him and they kiss. Mako you insensitive j*** you have a girlfriend! Then they go back home and give Lin her powers back and they all lived happily ever after.

Now I know there was only supposed to be one season. If there was only one season, I think I would be much less harsh than I am now. I'd still kind of expect more closure between Mako and Asami but still, much less harsh. But it isn't the last season. We still have one (maybe two) more seasons to go. Instead of trying to force an ending within 15 minutes, you could've given a cliffhanger. It would've been a horrible thing to do to us fans, but it would still be better than all this b***. Korra should've ran away. The next book is called "Spirit" so she should've gone somewhere and tried to connect to her spiritual side more. I know Republic City is being rebuilt and restructured, but Bumi (a non-bender) and Iroh (a bender) are there. I'm sure they could handle it. This would take up a total of 10 minutes. This would also let Mako grow more, apologise to Asami and Bolin for being a bigger jerkbender than Zuko, and let Korra become her own person, not just the Avatar. I don't care if Makorra's endgame as long as the two actually grow into people and not one-dimensional figures. It's really not that hard. We know more than a month ago that there would be a season two. I'm sure something could've been done to fix this awful ending.

*sigh*

I'm really an awful fan aren't it ;-; ?

6/24/2012 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TimeWitch'93
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member