Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
IAmMyOwnBiggestMystery

I mean, c'mon. Didn't your mother teach you manners?

Just be quiet and watch the show. The creators didn't even intend for there to be shipping. So please, please, just enjoy the show.

7/21/2012 #1
TigerShadow

The main issue with this forum (never been to it, but I think I can pretty well guess) is that it's a hate forum. A ship bashing forum, fine. A character bashing forum, fine. So long as they keep it to at least slightly reasonable levels, go for it. This forum you're taking about, however, is a shipper bashing forum, and in my personal opinion, that crosses the line. Zutarians may do and say some pretty boneheaded things, but it doesn't help a Kataanger's/Maikoan's/whomever's case to act like a j*** about it. If you want to rant about the things they do and say and argue their points like a reasonable person, more power to you, but insulting/flaming/bashing them isn't going to get you anywhere.

7/22/2012 #2
Rachelthefangirl

I agree

7/25/2012 #3
Fullmetal Catalyst

Don't be depressed. Take heart in that it's a tiny segment of a small niche of a vast community. Remind yourself about the greater fandom :)

It's vulgar and hateful. It's a forum devoted by its title to ad hominem. Such will always exist.

7/26/2012 #4
IAmMyOwnBiggestMystery

I know I know...it still hurts like poop. (Sorry. My placeword word is poop, seeing as I don't cuss.)

Anyone got love advice for someone jealous and tearbending?

7/28/2012 #5
dayties

Real life love advice?

7/28/2012 #6
IAmMyOwnBiggestMystery

Nah, for a fic I'm planning.

7/28/2012 #7
dayties

Oh - well if you PM me we could bounce around some ideas. Just give me what the situation is and I could help :)

7/28/2012 #8
IAmMyOwnBiggestMystery

Thanks!

7/28/2012 #9
Uitori

Kataangers have thier legitimacy but don't let the extremes bother you. I have to ask, though, why did you go there? Did you expect that forum or thread to be welcoming? I feel like the title was a red flag. LOL

Uitori.

7/31/2012 #10
IAmMyOwnBiggestMystery

Didn't expect it to be welcoming per say, just a little less...violent. I felt like people were taking it way too seriously.

7/31/2012 #11
Amira Elizabeth

While I am not in agreement with that forum, it certainly isn't the worst I've seen from the shipping world. And honestly, just avoid places like that. They don't like Zutara or anything about it. Just avoid it. It's honestly no worse than what Zutarians themselves have done.

Now, what is honestly more irritating is doing a search for your ship and seeing nothing but opposing shippers making fun of it or calling it p*** in the search results.

8/1/2012 #12
The Cretin

@Amira: Are there still people calling Kataang and other ships p***? I've been out of it for awhile but I thought that nonsense would have blown over at least by now.

8/1/2012 #13
dayties

It's not going to blow over - these shipping wars aren't going to blow over for a long time. People still harbour ill feelings, and when new watchers join the fandom it starts all over again. Maybe when we're all old and senile - and when no one actually watches this stuff anymore - will it calm.

8/1/2012 #14
IAmMyOwnBiggestMystery

Hey Ivy! :)

LOL that would be funny wouldn't it? It all blowing over the moment we don't care. Karma, much?

8/1/2012 #15
The Cretin

I'll be jousting in a wheelchair by then.

@IAMOBM: Yeah that would be funny. XD Who knows what our favorite fandoms and characters will be like by then.

8/1/2012 #16
IAmMyOwnBiggestMystery

All the adults will be dead or senile...what a sad day that will be...

8/1/2012 #17
The Cretin

Bah, they're forever frozen in our hearts, immortal in our fanpics, legendary in our fanfics. Those characters will never die. Not as long as we live. :)

8/1/2012 #18
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TimeWitch'93
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member