Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
C'est Ma Vie

...I think Zutara is totally possible. Katara and Aang were caught up in the moment of victory, and they kissed. So what? Zuko and Katara are completely perfect for each other. And I'm a bit of a fangirl, so excuse me. Aang is cute and all, but Zuko is like, hot. *teehee*

All are welcome, and no flame wars (after "the current one" is sorted out)!

8/3/2008 . Edited 8/13/2008 #1
Shadow the Impaler

My argument: don't we have enough of these threads?

8/3/2008 #2
Fatal Yaoi

TOTALLY!I agree with you full on!I mean,sure it was the last episode and all but who cares?I COMPLETELY agree with everything you say!

8/4/2008 #3
Fatal Yaoi

Oh well,deal with the threads....

8/4/2008 #4
icarus enjoyed the view

um i ship zutara too, but cant you come up with a better arguement than just zuko is hot and aangs not.

8/4/2008 #5
Son Kenshin

No, its not. Zutara was *never* possible. From your post, you are one of the shallow fangirls I debate and destroy. Zuko and Katara *are not* perfect for each other. In real life, opposites do no normally attract, and relationships sprung from them rarely last. Secondly, Mike and Brian said 'Sorry, no Zutara. We're Kataang' in *several* interviews. Kataang was shipped from the very first season. Sorry, you're really wrong.

8/4/2008 #6
icarus enjoyed the view

although i do think that yes anything could happen after the finale (theyre probably all gonna end up with people weve never seen) son kenshin is right. sigh...i hate saying that (just kidding kenshin, u know i love you) but please try to find less shallow reasons to support ship, though yes, zuko is hot.

and its not nice to say people are wrong kenshin, dont dismiss others opinions.

damn its hard being on both sides

8/4/2008 #7
Son Kenshin

Icarus, read the post. This person, she admitted she was a fangirl. She hates Kataang with passion and finds only shallow reasons to support her ship. This is the type of person I hate.

That's like me saying "Who care's about Sakura? She's not as kriffing hot as Hinata!"

8/4/2008 #8
icarus enjoyed the view

yes, its a stupid reason to support a pairing and she is being a fan girl (which is annoying) but im just trying to not insult anyone...too badly :P

and anyway, sakuras supposed to be hotter than hinata :P

8/4/2008 #9
trueroyalblue

it's not nice to simply tell someone they're wrong. you were completely shooting down her opinions SK. there are nicer ways to say it than that, even if the reasons aren't great. i mean the "zutara was never gonna happen" part? that was a little unneccessary if you ask me.

my point- there are NICER ways to tell people they're wrong than just shooting down other peoples opinions like that.

8/5/2008 #10
Son Kenshin

Lady Padfoot, I responded to her in the exact fashion I learned to in regards to fanboys and fangirls. She probably wasn't going to listen to anything else.

8/5/2008 #11
Shadow the Impaler

That's like me saying "Who care's about Sakura? She's not as kriffing hot as Hinata!"

Well duh, it'd be just foolish to say that.

Hinata's hot, but Sakura is much hotter. And once again I must say: Don't we have enough of these threads? Good God, I would expect a few due to the finale, but there's about six of them.

8/5/2008 . Edited 8/5/2008 #12
Son Kenshin

Unlike Sakura Shadow...Hinata's not flat. :P

8/5/2008 #13
Venath

...As much as I love Zutara, I have two complaints here:

1) "Zuko is hot" does not an amazing argument make. Him being hot, and them looking good together, isn't really much of a reason for them to be together, at least IMO.

2) Personally, I don't think Aang is as hot as Zuko, but he's also several years younger. He's still kind of in that "cute" stage. Kid will probably be pretty hot when he begins to get older though, if his appearance now is any indication.

...Seriously though, Phoenix King "The Joker" Ozai trumps all the other guys in the series for hotness.

8/5/2008 #14
trueroyalblue

Just to point out, if anyone watches Zoey101, Quinn and Logan are THE perfect example for Zutara, and up till the end of the series, the relationship was still going strong.

How did Ozai get the nickname of "The Joker"? I thought that name was only used for Batman... Heath Ledger DID do an amazing job playing the Joker in the movie thou!

8/5/2008 #15
Son Kenshin

Ugh...I hate these new Nick 'Teen' shows. Lady Padfoot, do you remember the shows from the ninties? Are You Afraid of the Dark, All That, Kenan and Kell, Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains it All? Those are some of the best live action shows that Nickolodeon has produced. Zoey 101, ICarly, etc. are...kind of bad. Real bad.

And Ozai and the Joker (Batman: The Animated Series/Justice League) are voiced by the same actor-Mark Hamil.

8/5/2008 #16
trueroyalblue

Ummm, I didn't exactly watch TEENick in the 90's, so I really wouldn't know... I was kinda into Disney @ that moment in time... I DID watch The Amanda Show and some epis of All That until they were kicked off. I liked The Amanda Show- it was funny!

How many episodes of Zoey101 have you seen? (Cuz you can't judge a show based on 1 epi) And I think Zoey101 and iCarly are GOOD shows! (well, Zoey101 at least) That's your opinion, this is my opinion. And still, the LoganXQuinn thing was really well-written and well-acted out. I suggest you check out the episode "Quinn Misses the Mark" for the ZK and QL related moment.

OH. I get it now. I miss the old Batman episodes....

8/5/2008 #17
Son Kenshin

There was no TEENick in the 90's. We had the superior SNICK. Saturday Night Nick. I grew up with old Nickolodeon. Rugrats, Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. for cartoons, Salute your Shorts, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Clarissa Explains it All (you'd probably like this, look it up), All That (old cast), Kenan and Kel, Pete and Pete (awesome show...'I am Arty! The most powerful man in the world!')...

Seriously, all were written highly superior to Zoey 101 and iCarly. TEENick isn't even for teens, trust me, I've watched it. Nickolodeon was in it's golden age during the 1990s, my era.

8/5/2008 #18
Venath

I don't really think the new Nick shows are that bad, and I actually enjoy several of them like iCarly...I do miss some of the older ones though. I definitely wouldn't have a problem with a few of their newer shows being taken off to bring some of the older ones back. I dunno, maybe it's just nostalgia.

And yeah, that's why I like to call Ozai "The Joker." Because he's voiced by Mark Hamill, who also voiced The Joker on Batman: The Animated Series (And most of the stories related to it, such as the "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" movie). It's strange. I wouldn't expect the guy who played Luke Skywalker to be so great at voicing villains.

Forgot to add: Yeah, I freaking loved Ledger's Joker. Two words that describe his awesomeness: Disappearing Pencil.

8/5/2008 . Edited 8/5/2008 #19
trueroyalblue

I'll agree with u that TEENick isn't really for teens... maybe up to 14 at the most. My brother grew up with Drake and Josh, so that show was on all the time, making me watch it too when my parents were watching the other TV. I guess I only put up with that show cuz I thought (think) Drake Bell is hot. It's really funny at least!

Well, you can at least blame Dan Schenider (sp?) for the theme of all these new shows. And they ARE making really stupid new animated cartoons....

Do you watch Malcolm in the Middle on FX? It's an oldish show, but it's HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

8/5/2008 #20
trueroyalblue

OMG, Luke Skywalker was played by Mark Hamill?!?!?! I had no idea...

It's a real shame Heath Ledger won't be able to act as the Joker (if there is) in the movie -sniff sniff-. NO ONE WILL ACT IT BETTER THAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watch iCarly too! Thou i stopped watching it when they stopped showing new epis....

8/5/2008 #21
Shadow the Impaler

Unlike Sakura Shadow...Hinata's not flat. :P

Sakura used to be flat.

Kenan and Kel

God I miss that show.

8/5/2008 . Edited 8/5/2008 #22
trueroyalblue

Believe it or not, I've never heard of that show before....

After me and my friends had seen that movie, we were acting out the parts where Joker said how he got those scars. It was so funny! My fav line the Joker says (that I can remember) is "Why so serious?" and that other one from the trailer, "And here we go!" My last one is the one in my image, "Here's my card!"

8/5/2008 #23
Venath

I don't think I can pick my favorite line from Joker in TDK. He's just got so many that I love.

Though I've got to say, the "Why so serious?" and "Let's put a smile on that face" lines from the trailer had me since I first heard them.

8/5/2008 #24
RueBroadway

There was no TEENick in the 90's. We had the superior SNICK. Saturday Night Nick. I grew up with old Nickolodeon. Rugrats, Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. for cartoons, Salute your Shorts, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Clarissa Explains it All (you'd probably like this, look it up), All That (old cast), Kenan and Kel, Pete and Pete (awesome show...'I am Arty! The most powerful man in the world!')...

Seriously, all were written highly superior to Zoey 101 and iCarly. TEENick isn't even for teens, trust me, I've watched it. Nickolodeon was in it's golden age during the 1990s, my era.

AAAAHH $***, you brought out the big guns!! SNICK beats TEENick, no contest. The only thing I can watch on nick now are the cartoons (SpongeBob, MightyB, Chowder, Misadventures), basically all the mindless humor. Please believe me when I say I tried watching Zoey101 and iCarly...I couldn't stand them. They are a little too dramatic and the overacting is horrendous. I will admit that Zoey101 is better than iCarly (seriously, there is not one person in that whole cast who can act, worst of all Miranda whats her face) and Ned's Declassified is pretty hilarious!

Lol, I was one of those kids who was dumb enough to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark in the dark...and yes I was afraid...

But I recognize that every generation has their shows. I urge you to go on YouTube and look these shows up. You might find that they are more appealing due to the simple fact that they have real looking actors, not the made-up divas on TV today (kids actually looked like kids, what a concept). Dang I feel old...

8/6/2008 #25
trueroyalblue

OMG, I completely forgot about "Let's put a smile on that face!" That's a great one, too! I love saying "Why so Serious?" at completely random times- it's so fun to watch people's reactions!!!!! WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!

I love Ned's Declassified! It IS hilarious!!!!!!!! I miss the new episodes.... And I DO hate Jamie Lynn Spears with a burning passion- even thou I like Zoey101.

Nick@Nite is cool, thou. I love George Lopez and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!! Home Improvement's OK, but I hate Family Matters with a burning passion.....

8/6/2008 #26
RueBroadway

The only reason I don't like Family Matters now is because I was a rabid fangirl when the show was new. I had a crush on Stefan!

8/6/2008 #27
trueroyalblue

I think I said it before either on this forum or another one, but the reason I don't like it is bcuz it kicked off Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the process. And that little kid creeps me out.... Come on, is Fresh Prince or Family Matters a better show??

8/6/2008 #28
RueBroadway

I'm tired of both. I can't watch Fresh Prince anymore b/c

a) I've watched it too much already...

b) Now that I have sexy Hancock Will in my mind, I don't want to marr it with tiny tim Will.

But yeah, it still beats Family Matters. I'm wondering why they put it on...

8/6/2008 #29
trueroyalblue

I didn't like Hancock that much when I saw it... I didn't get it that well. I am Legend wasn't that great either. Independence Day and Men in Black 1 & 2 beat I am Legend (at least that one, if not Hancock) into the ground!

8/7/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member