Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
pyrocullengirl

OK not trying to offend you Zutarians, But I need to know Why on earth do you like them together, I mean it is obvious that Katara and Aang are in love, Katara does love Aang, most girls excluding, drunken ones or teasers, won't Kiss a guy they don't love, and Katara kissed Aang with this amazing passion, how on earth could you not want to cry when that last seen happened, plus i noticed this the first time watching this, If you pay really close attention just before the end she sighs in a loving tone

9/28/2008 #1
trueroyalblue

And WHY do we need another post like this? We already have one The Lightning Knight posted VERY similar to this; only more respectfully worded...........

Anyways, now to answer your question. I like Zutara because it's about an epic tale about redemption, forgiveness, finding oneself and true love in the very midst of war and chaos, firey passionate and hate, and compassion and empathy. Basically I think Zutara is this beautiful, passionate, slightly forbidden romance that comes at a time when everything you love is at stake. I know that's why some people don't like it and some of those are similar to Kataang, but those are the reasons why I love it. :)

And then there are the more shallower reasons I won't bother to mention...... lol..........

9/28/2008 #2
thebloodfiend

And WHY do we need another post like this? We already have one The Lightning Knight posted VERY similar to this; only more respectfully worded...........

Anyways, now to answer your question. I like Zutara because it's about an epic tale about redemption, forgiveness, finding oneself and true love in the very midst of war and chaos, firey passionate and hate, and compassion and empathy. Basically I think Zutara is this beautiful, passionate, slightly forbidden romance that comes at a time when everything you love is at stake. I know that's why some people don't like it and some of those are similar to Kataang, but those are the reasons why I love it. :)

And then there are the more shallower reasons I won't bother to mention...... lol..........

hah repost

this is technically spam

9/30/2008 #3
Live and Imagine

People like Zutara just like some people like cutting themselves. They need to be different and just want attention. The cure is to just ignore them.

2/20/2009 #4
ILikeIt

To answer PrettiestPyro's question, the reason behind my liking for Zutara is something I can't explain. I like it because I like it.

People like Zutara just like some people like cutting themselves. They need to be different and just want attention. The cure is to just ignore them.

Okay, I don't want to start anything, but that was very rude of you. I think cutters would find your comparison quite offending. Liking Zutara and cutting aren't "needs". People who ship Zutara ship for the fun of shipping. Are you saying cutters cut because they enjoy it? Sure, some cutters do it for the attention, but I'm sure the majority cut because they think they have nowhere or no one to turn to, and mostly because they're scared. They really do need help.

Okay I had fun blowing off that steam xD

Please ignore :)

2/20/2009 . Edited 2/21/2009 #5
thebloodfiend

Thats like comparing Bush to Jesus. Zutara to Cutters. We have a hater.

2/21/2009 #6
trueroyalblue

That was just insulting. I agree, it IS like comparing Bush to Jesus. (And Bush got shoes thrown at him) If you want someplace to vent about how much you hate Zutara, do it with your Zutara-hating friends and not here, where people actually -gasp- LIKE it!

2/21/2009 #7
Live and Imagine

Srry, I was on a major caffine high when I wrote my last post. Me and my friend were having a bet to see who could stay up the longest. I won thank you very much 27 hours, he had to pay for all the red bull I drank and moon someone, hahahahahaha! I am srry though.

2/27/2009 #8
graystripe2

Because people have opinions

6/22/2009 #9
ACCT REMOVED

Because Zutara is amazing, and Aang is younger than her, and shorter than her and I love Zuko

8/1/2009 #10
Sly Mongoose

"Because Zutara is amazing,"

Okay, you are entitled to that opinion, but if you could eplain you're reasons.

"Aang is younger than her"

Well that dosen't seem to bother Katara so much, but I guess a two year age difference is a concern to you.

"shorter than her"

Again, dosen't seem to bother Katara, though I imagine Aang will grow taller in the next few years. Heh, it'll be funny if he ends up taller than Zuko.

"I love Zuko"

Again, that is perfectly fine for you, but were not asking about why you and Zuko should be together. That's another thread entirely. We are asking why people find this Zuko/Katara relationship so much more interesting and plausible than the canon Aang/Katara pairing.

I personally do not mind fans who feel Zutara is cuter, or what not. I mean we won't all see situations the same way. For example, some of my friends feel that Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2 is a flawed and tragic Hero. To me he's a monster that murdered his father, sent the last of the Earth gods (titans?) to their death and decided to wipe a humanity out instead of trying to teach them to respect nature. We have a difference of opinion, that's fine.

What I often do take issue with is the destruction done to other characters to make a pairing work.

An example. Right now in Naruto, a talented fanwriter could pair Naruto with Sakura or Hinata (at this point) without denegrating the other character. I mean the most recent chapters have the wallflower confessing her love, while the pink haired wonder has finally gotten it through her skull just how much Naruto cares. If the series wasn't shoenen, we can spend at least a book of managa on the silent war between Hinata and Sakura as they both try to win Naruto's affection. Though since we currently have a meeting of Kage's, Team Hawk's infiltration of the Iron Country, and Storm trooper looking Samurai Kishi curently has enough on his plate that the love tale can take a back seat for a bit.

If you have to turn a character into someone they are not, or make them die for something to work, perhaps you should re-evaluate you're work before going any further.

8/2/2009 #11
Dragojin

This pairing seems as wrong as the yaoi on this site. Putting them together is just too much of a stretch for me to take seriously. You may as well pair Ryu with Ronald McDonald. Aang is usually ignored altogether in such stories, too.

8/6/2009 #12
Azula's Favorite Prisoner

It intrigues me as well as to why people love Zutara a lot. My main sip is definitely Sukka, but I'm a very voracious Kataang reader as well. To me, Zutara is a good, epic tale mostly under the genres of angst/ hurt/ comfort. As much as I love emotional stories, I love chirpy, hopeful stores also. That's where Kataang some in, I guess.

I assume that Zutara is loved because it could be described as an emotional journey helping the scarred Zuko heal. Perhaps people simply find them compatible. I'm not sure, but I respect everone's opinion. If you're a Tokka shipper...not sure...

8/10/2009 #13
euphoricxdreamer

I think this is nonsense. Kataang are meant to be together. Have you forgotten Mai? Mai and Zuko duh! Just because Zuko is older and taller than her, dosn't mean their meant to be together. I'll show you an example of older girl with younger boy. Mariah carey and Nick cannon. Mariah is 37. Nick is 26. And yet this is 11 year difference in their relationship. Kataang, its only just 2 years difference. Besides. Who would want to break a 13 year old, cute little teens heart. Katara and Aang love each other. you can't change the relationship of Kataang that Mike and Byran made.

8/30/2009 #14
ComicRiot

Okay, I will give them credit for a cute ending and I thought Aang's little crush on her was cute and her, along with Sokka's, obliviousnes was funny. But I think that Zutara is loved because its unexpected and like... wow, i just cant explain. (btw, they dont kiss with "passion" its a cartoon.) Zutara is very... exciting and suprising, and their characteristics clashing makes it all the better. Mai is boring, nothing but one of Azula's ex-puppets, and Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are completely different to the subject. They are real. That is all and please dont hate me because thats just what i think, I am a very open minded person. :) and i agree with the one with the Orlando Bloom picture.... they are quite a spicy couple ;)

8/31/2009 #15
Kokomojeezus
I find this thread immature. I have no real beef with any other ships, and though I don't particulary care for Zutara, I can respect that some people like it. You can try to debate the merits of Zutara over Kataang, or Sukka over Tokka, but you're not going to change people's opinions. They've gotta change those on their own. I really have only one thing to say: please don't support a ship because you wish you were one of the characters. Your logic will fail, your fanfics will be terribly OOC, you'll p*** everyone off and your dog won't come home.
9/4/2009 #16
Dukeofnachos

I love Zutara because they don't seem to fit with anyone else. In my opinion, Mai is an emotionless, bland, annoying, flat as a ten-year-old boy, ex-puppet. Aang is just...no. He's my fourth favorit character, but him with Katara? Just no. I could tell you the only other Katara pairing i support, but that would make me look phsyco.

9/5/2009 #17
Chilly Star

Exactly! You can't change a person's opinions, nor can you hate them for not changing. It's like dissing someone only because of their race or ethnicity. Which is morally wrong.

First listen to someones opinion on a subject before you point out what is wrong to you in that sense. That is how you debate. What I see here is not debating, it's shoving your opinions down other people's throats. And don't take one person's opinion as someon else's, because people can have different opinions while on the same side.

9/7/2009 #18
Sly Mongoose

Here’s part of the problem, people say that Zutara makes sense and try to use evidence from the TV series. At times they’ve had to really twist that evidence to fit their viewpoint. Other people stand up and say ‘Hey wait that’s not right at all!' (like all the ‘hidden’ subtext that pointed to Zutara in “The Cave of Two Lovers” or the ‘non-jealous’ look Katara had on her face when Aang was dancing with the other girl in “The Headband”). So you have one group twisting cannon to suit their own ends, and another pointing out why that interpretaion is flawed.

If you like Zutara that’s fine I don’t care. If you’re going to try and justify the relationship by cherry picking and twisting evidence from the TV series then I’m going to say something. Especially if it get’s to the point of character assassination/negative trait amplification, as has been done to Mai and Aang a few times.

This is part of the reason I get so annoyed when people call Aang childish. It’s simply not true, the majority of the third season shows you that. Does he make mistakes yes, that dosen’t mean he’s the same kid he was when the series began.

9/8/2009 . Edited 9/8/2009 #19
C'est Ma Vie

So you have one group twisting cannon to suit their own ends, and another pointing out why that interpretaion is flawed.

Mm-hmm. See, but that's the canon!Zutarians (spell right please), and there's a difference between them and people who just flat-out like (ARE IN LOVE WITH) the pairing, like me, and would love to see it happen but know that Bryke's intention was Kataang. However, there are some parts in the series where even a Kataanger could step back and say, "Hey, wait a minute: why does it look like they're hinting at Zutara?"

Regardless, it isn't fair to lump all Zutarians together, just like it isn't fair for us to do that to Kataangers. We're not all insane fangirls who yell a lot, and you're not all people who laugh cruelly at us for losing.

Aang barely grows as a character during the series, IMO. Wasn't he already this self-realized person who was against killing and loves Katara even though they hardly get to know each other through their time spent together?

9/15/2009 #20
Sailor Tenchi

What Zutara "hints"?

9/15/2009 #21
Son Kenshin

There are none. Only someone with rosy colored eyes can see Zutara.

9/15/2009 #22
Sailor Tenchi

Yeah, I agree.

I mean, if you like Zutara, whatever. But there aren't any canon hints.

9/15/2009 #23
C'est Ma Vie

Right. Because two Kataangers say there aren't any, that makes it so, even without any evidence. Some of the Zutarians on this board have given excellent examples of "hints", and all you do is insult people. Not prove anything.

One of the main reasons I left this board is because of you, Son Kenshin. You aren't capable of arguing without insulting or ridiculing. But you're not going to drive the Zutarians away like this.

9/15/2009 #24
Son Kenshin

If I recall correctly, you left because your fellow Zutarans were sticking with you and you were actively being a troll, hoping everyone would forget about you when you came back.

And there were NO hints. None whatsoever.

9/15/2009 #25
Sailor Tenchi

Actually, there's evidence straight from the creators themselves. For example, Mike: "Sorry to disappoint the Zutara fans out there, but we never intended for Zuko and Katara to get together." So, sorry, I fail to see any "hints".

9/15/2009 #26
C'est Ma Vie

If I recall correctly, you left because your fellow Zutarans were sticking with you and you were actively being a troll, hoping everyone would forget about you when you came back.

Blatant lie. And it doesn't even make sense! Why would I leave if they were sticking with me?

Also, Bryke said somewhere (can't find the interview, or maybe it was a video on a fansite) that they would put little things in there to please the Zutara fans, since they had "no idea the ship was so popular" until then, but it would ultimately be Kataang. I never said it was their plan to make the show Zutara, and stop insulting me and your own intelligence by completely misinterpreting everything I say.

9/16/2009 #27
Marius Prime

Zutaraesque,

You've asked for, and received, very good reasons why Zuko and Katara would never be together, and why Zuko/Mai and Aang/Katara are better pairings. You've cited the creators, so you have to know that they were totally blindsided by the idea that people thought Zuko and Katara could ever be together. And surely you've noticed that the majority of people supporting you are girls in their early to mid teens, while the other side consists mainly of people who are older, more experienced, and more knowledgeable, if not always more mature. Yet you ignore these things, claiming that your way makes more sense than the actual source material.

You've proven yourself to be completely beyond reason. There is no reason for you to continue talking. If you want to continue indulging your juvenile fantasy, fine. Do that. Sit back and let those of us who are interested in writing and characters and structure discuss why "Zutara" is horribly out of character and inherently bad writing.

9/16/2009 #28
Son Kenshin

They weren't sticking with you. Venath and others pointed it out several times. You were acting like a troll ever since your first post.

9/16/2009 #29
ACCT REMOVED

Can I just throw something in randomly between your guys' fight. I like Zutara a lot but I never thought it would happen nor did I see any hints leading up to it. I think it's like the whole Sakura/Sasuke thing for Naruto they haven't gotten together but some people (not me) still want them too,(I'm kinda behind so if they did and i don't know about it please don't tell me) it's entertaining. I honestly think that throwing two characters together in your mind that are not actually meant for each other but you want to be together is one of the most fun things in the world. Sure it is a teen girl thing but why not, it's not like the creators or writers are actually going to change it for you anyway. Finally what's the big deal the show is over nothing is going to change, and the focus of the show wasn't even romance anyway. Just saying I felt like leaving a comment (I didn't even defend my Zutarian beliefs maybe I should)

I like Zutara because it is cool, different, entertaining, I like being against the majority, it is fun to write FF about (isn't that the only thing that counts.)

I'm also a fan of Naruto and Hinata

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9/16/2009 . Edited 9/16/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member