Kataang or Zutara?
This argument has come up a lot, what are your opinions about Kataang and Zutara? Which pairing is more likely? Do you think they're age differences really matter? Everyone's invited! Keep it respectful, though.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
Tiburontooth

Please, please please please PLEASE stop using the word "emo." Emo is a stereotype. It began, I believe, as short for "emotional" (correct me if I'm wrong), and changed quickly into "depressed all of the time," until finally it is now used plenty of times to label someone improperly by their dyed hair, a tendency to wear dark clothing, and a lack of human contact. Emo people may also write sad songs on their guitar, listen to screamo, cut themselves for fun, and do whatever the hell they want. No, Zuko is definitely not all of those things. He's no where near any of those things, because he's not a silly school stereotype. Please stop using it, and stop defending him against it; no one here has called him emo, have they? And if they have, they are poorly, poorly mistaken, and should definitely up their vocabulary to find a more appropriate synonym.

i said, miss...... Zuko is not emo

8/19/2010 #151
Amira Elizabeth
Actually all I've seen are people holding zuko accountable for his actions which people should do. This zuko persecution complex of yours is ridiculous
8/19/2010 #152
rachellephant

i said, miss...... Zuko is not emo

I actually agreed with you there, but I was just requesting that you stop using that word. It's uneducated.

Actually all I've seen are people holding zuko accountable for his actions which people should do. This zuko persecution complex of yours is ridiculous

^ Preach.

8/19/2010 #153
Gatekla

Why do people love Kataang? No matter how hard I try, I can't even begin to accept Kataang, even though I have long ago accepted Maiko. Its' just really weird to watch, I thought at first Aang was just going to be Katara's BFFL.

8/19/2010 #154
Sly Mongoose

Then you really were not paying attention, or you let your own bias cloud your view of things.

8/19/2010 #155
Gatekla

Probably the bias cloud, LOL

8/19/2010 #156
Mrs Pettyfer

I really don't like Kataang either to be honest. I just didn't see a romantic aspect in their relationship; it seemed more like a Harry/Hermione thing. Granted Harry never had a crush on Hermione but Idk, I sort of saw Katara as more of a sister or mother figure in Aang's life. I just always thought Aang was a little 12 year old with a crush and would get over it eventually. Apparently not lol.

What bothered me was the timing of them getting together. It seemed sort of forced in the last episode. Like everyone had to end up together so everyone kisses and makes up. Had they ended as friends, and the new mini-series came out which showed that Katara and Aang had a son, I wouldn't have been bothered. I think they as a couple could have worked out most definitely, but not right after the comet. It felt more like a tribute to the fans, than the actual characters.

Again, that's just my opinion.

8/19/2010 #157
Amira Elizabeth

Strictly as a fan of the show I think you missed out on a lot if you narrow Aang to a "little 12 year old with a crush" and Katara into the mother/sister role. Their is so much more to both characters and their relationship.

Speaking as a Kataang fan, it was not a tribute to the fans. It was in fact planned and written. And if it was a tribute to the fans, don't you think some poorly contrived Zutara ending would have happened? They wrote and built up Kataang for 3 seasons, their relationship growing and changing as the characters themselves did. That's not tribute, that is resolving a storyline and completing character arcs. And that is what the end of a show should do.

8/19/2010 #158
Amira Elizabeth

What's to like about kataang...well, I wrote this around the time of the finale and it hasn't changed, but it might give an insight:

I didn't actively start shipping until the second season. But in re-watching the series, I realized just how much Katara and Aang's relationship comes through. She is immediately hooked on him, even willing to sacrifice her own place in her tribe to go with him. Is it love? No, not in the romantic sense, but it is immediately a bond that has grown and changed as Katara and Aang themselves have.

There was just something wonderful about them. Something magical. Something that made me root for Katara to like the bald boy with the arrows. There is something epic there. The Avatar State giving the relationship this almost forbidden air and it was heart-wrenching to watch Aang choose between the girl he loves and his duty to the world.

Kataang puts a smile on my face. It is beautiful. It is two lost souls who found each other - the girl whose world was being destroyed and the boy who had lost everything and by a twist of fate (or in this case a strong ocean current through the ice floes) were brought together. It is the story of a girl and a boy who never let a war diminish their bond. It is the story of a girl and boy growing up. It is the story of a girl and boy realizing that the one you belong with has always been by your side.

It is friendship, it is family, it is spiritual, it is romantic, it is destiny, it is epic. It is love. C'mon y'all...feel the love...LOL :D

And whether one likes Kataang as a romantic pairing or not, the fact remains that one cannot deny their amazing bond and what it has brought to the series. I always thought it was a brilliant addition to the show. This show is in part a coming of age tale. It is in part a tale of the journeys taken both internally and externally. And for me, Kataang signifies that.

Ever since I saw Aang sob at the sight of Gyatso's skeleton, since Katara wept at the loss of her mother, I have been rooting for these two. Why? Because they came together when they needed each other most. And while I know this won't change minds, while I know we all have our preferences and opinions, maybe this gives an insight into the mind of a Kataanger...(it is a scary place indeed...LOL)

8/19/2010 . Edited 8/19/2010 #159
rachellephant

Speaking as a Kataang fan, it was not a tribute to the fans.

Saying it's a tribute to the fans kind of comes across as insulting to the creators to me. It's as if you're saying they want to just please people. When you write something, you should write what you want to write, not what you think others will want to read. If you create something your way, it generally comes out much more original and sincere, rather than molding your art to fit another's needs, just because you want to make them happy. And I don't think the creators are like that, really. I think they actually wrote the story they wanted to write. They made the characters the way they wanted them to be made. No, there is no question in my mind that Kataang was absolutely and unequivocally planned from the start, because from the start, the creators knew what direction they wanted their story to go in, and saying it was a last minute toss-in as a tribute to the fanbase totally disregards and insults all of the hard work and sincere thoughts they put in to creating the series the way they wanted to create it.

8/19/2010 #160
Mrs Pettyfer

As I said, that was just my opinion on my interpretation on what I saw. Nothing against the creators, who were amazing. To me it just seemed too rushed to be realistic. And even though I ship Zutara, that wouldn't have been an ideal ending either. I'm not a crazy Zutarian or whatever people call them lol. I was looking at it from my perspective. Katara ending up as friends with both, and possibly something more subtle like holding hands or something with Aang would have been more realistic to me. Indicating that maybe they would venture past friends. The kiss seemed too..much. The tribute to the fans meaning they might have thought, 'okay our fans have waited long enough for them to get together so let's here we go.' Which is totally fine. I'm just saying from the timing of their relationship build up, it didn't feel right.

Like I said, had there been an epilogue Idk a year later, and Katara was with Aang, I would have liked that better. It was the timing that bothered me most. I respect Kataang fans, Zutara, Tokka, whatever. I'm simply stating my opinion, which might happen to differ from others. As some of yours might differ from mine. And it's all good =).

8/19/2010 #161
Mrs Pettyfer

And Amira I just read why you like Kataang! lol I can totally see where you're coming from. And I agree, they have a strong bond for sure. I always thought Katara loved him, but I didn't think she loved him like a boyfriend. But that's just me. Did I think she loved Zuko like a boyfriend? Heck no lol. I just thought had the plots been twisted a little differently, it would have been interesting to see them as a couple. Had he chosen her side at Ba Sing Se, it might have happened. Idk. Would have been cool to see how that would have played out though. Reminds me of when Draco Malfoy had the choice to take Dumbledore's offer. Turning point in the series and both of them made the wrong choice, haha.

8/19/2010 #162
Mrs Pettyfer

Adding on to my little 12 year old comment, lol. I mean that in the sense that he's 12 years old, that's really, really young. I don't think of any 12 year olds in the scheme of romance. That's Harry Potter in 2nd year, or me when I was in sixth grade. I just don't think 12 year old boys contemplate a serious relationship at that age which is why I interpreted it a crush on Katara, rather than true love or whatever.

Here's a good question. Do you think if the story was turned around, and let's say Toph or Suki found Aang in the ice, would he have still ended up with Katara had they met down the road? I sort of think Aang had a crush on her the moment he saw her and it stuck with him. Maybe the whole love at first sight thing. I often wondered if Katara hadn't been the one to find him if they would have ended up together. Curious indeed.

8/19/2010 #163
Amira Elizabeth

First of all, I do not define these characters by today's standards. Katara is certainly not like any 14 year old girl of today, nor is Azula who is also 14 or 15. Aang has the wisdom of several lifetimes in him, the guidance of an older Spirit (Roku), and is arguably more spiritually in tune and more emotionally in tune than perhaps the others. He seems to know his feelings and himself pretty well. And you saw him in the FortuneTeller - he was all about his future love life. He wanted to know if he would have love and was thoroughly crushed at the thought of not having it. Aang was savvy enough to know he had no feelings for Meng and to let he down in the kindest way possible. He was far more interested in girls (a girl in particular) and romance than Zuko was up until season 3. And Zuko is a good 4 years older. So yes, I see Aang being perfectly capable of falling in love and knowing what he feels.

As to the second, well it would depend on the story. See with the story we got with Avatar we got an obvious progression - Aang sees Katara and likes her, she forms a bond with him. He tries to impress her in the Kyoshi Warriors, she falls for Jet but realizes he was just using her, Aang makes her a necklace and both get fortunes told to them, Katara realizes Aang might be her "powerful bender," Aang gets her necklace back and gets a flirty cheek kiss, Katara suggests kissing in the cave of two lovers, etc. And it went on with Season 3 having a hot dance, lots of blushing and some awkwardness, kisses, etc. But you notice, once it was suggested in the Fortuneteller that Aang could be her powerful bender, Katara never looked at and was quite indignant about the suggestion that anyone else caught her heart. He behavior towards Aang changed. She was more blushy, flirty, and more physically affectionate.

That was the story and the character's progression. Why people have trouble seeing it is kind of mind boggling. It sort of came at you like a two-by-four to the head. Only it is way cuter. :)

8/19/2010 #164
Mrs Pettyfer

I still can't believe they make Azula to only be 14 or 15 lol. Crazy, corrupted girl, haha.

I do see what you're saying. There is strong evidence, I just didn't see it going past the cute, young crush level. Reminds me of middle school love, haha only thankfully we didn't have to try to save the world. Their relationship definitely reaches beyond their age, but I just didn't see it romantically reaching beyond it. Oh Jet, you reminded me of him, haha. Sort of bummed he died. "Did Jet..just..die?" lol Sorry that reminded me of that line.

I suppose the reason I wasn't super interested in their love story was because it was cute, fluffy, sweet. Which is nice, of course. But I suppose I like the more drama, angst, relationships in stories. Real life, no haha but in characters I like the more challenging relationships and I think that's what made me like the idea of a Zutara. Not saying Katara was meant for him, certainly not, just that I would have been more interested in that pairing. Had it worked out, of course. :P

8/19/2010 #165
Amira Elizabeth

I do see what you're saying. There is strong evidence, I just didn't see it going past the cute, young crush level. Reminds me of middle school love, haha only thankfully we didn't have to try to save the world. Their relationship definitely reaches beyond their age, but I just didn't see it romantically reaching beyond it.

But if you got what I was saying you still would not be defining them by our standards. They are hardly a middle school couple, but their romance is age appropriate. And it is appropriate for their maturity. They didn't rush into it and grew and changed as they did. And that is a mark of good storytelling.

I suppose the reason I wasn't super interested in their love story was because it was cute, fluffy, sweet. Which is nice, of course. But I suppose I like the more drama, angst, relationships in stories. Real life, no haha but in characters I like the more challenging relationships and I think that's what made me like the idea of a Zutara.

But Kataang isn't all fluff. It isn't all cuteness and sweetness. It had drama - Aang choosing the Avatar State vs. Katara, Katara's feelings, the war, etc. It certainly had moments of romance - the cave of two lovers, the dance in the Headband, etc. And honestly I never saw Zuko and Katara being terribly complicated - bicker, bicker, stubborn, etc. Not much else. Nothing to balance. No difference in personality. Just two people who would eventually not be drama, but be tiresome. Also, the troubled boy doing bad and getting forgiven by the girl who falls for him - boring and kind of shallow. And done to death. It was kind of nice to see the sweet boy come out on top for a change.

8/19/2010 . Edited 8/19/2010 #166
basketballchick13

wat the heck is the avatar mini series??? i've never heard of it!!

btw; i support both ships. But i usually write more zutara cuz it's just sooo much easier for me to write. i think that aang and katara are better on screen, but zukoxkatara is better on paper. In normal circumstances in our world, people with katara and aang's personalities would fit together better...zutara might work, but its not totally llikely, I'm not saying that it's impossible. But if I was stuck in the wilderness and i had too choose between a twelve year old that just screws around and doesn't know anything about survival, or a sixteen (seventeen..idk) year old that knew what he was doing...i think the winner would be zuko. Plus he would keep you warm (lolz).

relationships are just strange. the heart doesn't always follow the ways of science. Like I've seen one of the most popular girls think that a guy, who was a total nerd, was kinda cute. Usually that wouldn't happen, but maybe they were forced to have a conversation together since he was her tutor or something, and she thought that being smart was a good thing. Or my best friends now, I would never dreamed of them being my best friends, especially since i used to be a preppy wanna be, and one of them was goth (shes not anymore, since shes got me instead of her old cutter best friend). We just ended up sitting at the same table on the first day of science and we've almost been inseperable ever since.unlikely relationships happen all the time...like Zuko and Katara. And for reasons unknown. But usually they've gone through a lot together, and because of that, it brought them close together. Because i could totally see Zutara happening if Aang hadn't been the main love interest, but of course he was, so that's that, right?

anyways, do you guys have any idea of what I'm saying? I think that anyone could be together...(unless Zuko had been the one that had actually killed her mother, that would be pretty weird.) And the whole 'maturity' thing. I think i get it, but at the same time, i don't. So, maturity? This show had some pretty mature themes to it, like killing, violence, death, people being tortured...so um i think they could've handled Zutara. But then again, since Zuko's 16 or 17 yrs old, that might be a little bit to...shall we say sexual for them? Well, it didn't have to be, but the parents might have intervened cuz they thought that was too 'mature' for them. So the creators didn't want to lose viewers because of that. I know you're thinking? How can a cartoon/anime (idk...is avatar an anime or cartoon? i think of it as both) be too mature? Well...lets c...family guy, simpsons, south park (ect) aren't exactly appropriate for the ages 5-8 which was when my sister started watching avatar. so if my mom had seen them together, my sister might not be watching it.

If you don't know wat south park is...then you're totally lost

8/19/2010 #167
Mrs Pettyfer

There's going to be a mini-series (around 10 episodes) featuring a new Avatar Waterbender, Korra and her journey to learning Airbending from Katara and Aang's son. Something about a battle between benders and non-benders I think as well. Not sure on that though.

Now, I wouldn't say Aang is someone who screws around and doesn't know anything about survival....the little playfulness of Aang shows his youth more so than laziness. He's only 12 after all. Those are not the reasons I would have paired Katara with Zuko. I agree with you though that relationships are odd. I really think it would be silly to say that Zutara couldn't have happened. It could have, had certain actions/acts taken place. Certainly so. I don't think any couple could have happened though, the personalities have to match up. Like Mai and Aang...not sure that could EVER happen even if the best author attempted to write it. Haha Can you even imagine that pairing? No offense if anyone ships that pairing..

I'm saying I think there were qualities in both Katara and Zuko that could have transpired to a romantic relationship, had certain things happened in the series. I've read very good Zutara fics and it all comes down not to the characters, but the situations in which the characters are in. Katara sympathized with Zuko in the cave in COD even after he had attacked her in the past. Many have said that Katara ever falling for Zuko would make her OOC. Some might also argue that it was OOC for her to offer her sacred water to someone who had attacked her in the past. It shows the characters are flawed, as all are since they aren't real. And thus, Zutara could have happened WITH certain situations/plots. The creators dictate their moves and could have gotten them together. Not saying that Zuko was technically better for Katara, but that the idea is not totally crazy.

What I meant by the mature theme basketballchick13 (I love bball by the way; played for 9 years lol) is that Aang and Katara seem like a more simple relationship and easy for anyone (even younger kids) to see that it's plausible. They care for eachother, they love eachother, it's a sweet thing. Zuko and Katara on the other hand started off as enemies, fought one another, but eventually Katara was able to forgive him. Their relationship in my opinion would not be easy, they would test eachother and probably bicker easily, and it would probably be a little more..intense, given their ages. They are both older, and even though Aang is mature for his age, he probably doesn't view a girl or have the same interests in one as a 16 year old boy would have.

It's funny I mention the age difference, as my boyfriend is a year and a half younger than me haha. But that brings me to the fact that if Aang was 15 and Katara 17, it wouldn't have bothered me. My boyfriend met me when he was 17 and I was 19 so it wasn't weird. I think it's different when you're older with age differences. Ugh, I'm rambling. I'm done, haha.

8/19/2010 #168
basketballchick13

I can't wait for that to come out...even if i'm a little old for that. Oh well I know some geeks that are 19 or 20 that sit on their butts and watch it, and I'll be in high school then, not in college like them haha.

And no, I just can't picture them together, if they were together, then either Mai would make Aang more depressed and not his cheerful, care-free self and that's just his personality that should be changed. Same with Mai, she's the downer of the group, the one who's always bored(u know, like the only teenager at a thanks giving dinner with only their kid cousins, or the adults to talk to, oh ya, that's me). And her personality shouldn't be changed. I've read stories where Zuko and Katara happens and then they try to make Mai and Aang happen...and they fail miserably since those two characters are so ooc

I have to admit that Zutara can be majorly ooc if you don't have the right writer to go with it. Because Zuko does love Mai, he's not just automatically oing to drop her. there's got to be a fairly good reason to dump her, other than she's too depressing. More like

1 she dies, which is kind of tragic, so don't do that one if you can avoid it, unless of course you just really don't like Mai.

2 Zuko has to marry someone from a different nation to keep peace, and so one of the major canidates would be Katara, since she's pretty much as royal as it gets where shes from. But then again, Aang deserves someone too, for sure, which is why I usually provide Toph. I know a lot of ppl think its a wierd couple, but I just think it's a cute couple.

3 You change the ending of the show where Mai never shows up. That's what a lot of people do.

I know relationships have to have some sort of balance, right? I mean you can't have two totally opposite people together. Like Zuko and Katara, i just don't think is the good girl/bad boy type of pairing, I can see it in our real world (you know, the one that actually exists?) And it's somewhat of a opposites attracts thing, which I totally believe in, to a point. they both care about each other, that true enough. They work hard, want good things for their newfound family and countries and also they make a really good team if the group is arguing about something, because they're so thoughtful. I mean Zuko spent three years with iroh, that was bound to happen, and Katara was traveling almost a year with only sokka Aang and Toph, so she had to adapt to being thoughtful. But they believe in different things, Katara's gentle with her training, Zuko's tough, just like toph. She's water, he;s fire and a few other things. Aang and Katara are more similar in personality, but Zuko and Katara are closer in maturity.

8/20/2010 #169
Mrs Pettyfer

lol Killing Mai. That's funny, haha. I think Zutara can work for fanfiction with a talented writer and plot. If it's based after the Aang/Katara kiss, then it would be challenging to bring them together. And in character. Again, that's tough but it can be done.

I think Aang and Toph are kinda cute too, actually. It grew on me for fanfiction. Toph seems like the type of girl that if she had a crush on Aang, she'd never let him know and he'd be oblivious to it; sort of like Katara was with him. I just love Toph.

8/20/2010 #170
Gatekla

relationships are just strange. the heart doesn't always follow the ways of science.

^^i agree, not all relationships go by the laws of love.

8/20/2010 #171
Tiburontooth

I actually agreed with you there, but I was just requesting that you stop using that word. It's uneducated.

ow. sorry then. because in my country some weird people are really proud to label themself as emo.

i think they hit their head somewhere

8/20/2010 #172
Tiburontooth

Then you really were not paying attention, or you let your own bias cloud your view of things.

is this a reply for me?

8/20/2010 #173
Gatekla
is this a reply for me?

No, i think it was for me

8/20/2010 #174
Tiburontooth

he's weird, you know.. i dont even know whom he talking to

8/20/2010 #175
Sly Mongoose

My initial reply was for Gatekla. I was commenting on Gatekla thinking that Aang and Katara would remain best friends. Katara begins to see Aang as potentially more than just a friend during the season 1 episode "The Fortune Teller" when she realizes that Aang fits the description of the man she will marry. The next major hint occurs during the season 2 episode "The Cave of Two Lovers." There are smaller hints between those two major events but those two were the most obvious. Avatar didn't focus a lot on romance as there was more important events at play in the world than who Aang and Katara would marry. That said, they left enough clues, hints, and outright examples for people to pick up on.

However, people sometimes see what they want to see. Some fans, for whatever reason, decided Zuko and Katara were meant to be together. Some, not all, of these fans went so far as to ignore or dismiss any evidence that contradicted their view of how things would or should end relationship wise in Avatar. That is the bias I refer to. If a person dosen't want to believe something is true, they can, have, and will find ways to ignore contrary information.

It's human nature.

8/20/2010 #176
Dukeofnachos

But Kataang isn't all fluff. It isn't all cuteness and sweetness. It had drama - Aang choosing the Avatar State vs. Katara, Katara's feelings, the war, etc. It certainly had moments of romance - the cave of two lovers, the dance in the Headband, etc. And honestly I never saw Zuko and Katara being terribly complicated - bicker, bicker, stubborn, etc. Not much else. Nothing to balance. No difference in personality. Just two people who would eventually not be drama, but be tiresome. Also, the troubled boy doing bad and getting forgiven by the girl who falls for him - boring and kind of shallow. And done to death. It was kind of nice to see the sweet boy come out on top for a change.

I can't help it. I just have to reply to this. In order, for a lot of us, yes it is, and yes it is. You can see all the angst, because you're on that side. We, on the other hand, can't see it past all the fluff. And to me at least, it's just so hard to put an extra A on angst and then take it seriously.

I know it's hard for you, but now imagine Zuko and Katara falling for eachother. Zuko is still with Mai, Katara is still with Aang. And yet they notice eachother, neither noticicing that they're being noticed. Oh no! Mai caught Zuzu looking! Zuko doesn't know. Aang sees Katara doesn't seem to be as happy as she used to be. Sokka notices too. Katara and Aang drift apart. Zuko dumps Mai and later she turns up dead or something. Don't really care. I hate her anyway. (Not even for Zutara reasons, she just feels like one of the characters that should have been dropped. I really feel that without her, the series would have gone the exact same way.) Katara and Aang break up, and while Aang turns to Sokka, with Suki taking care of their twins, Toph really being useless in that area, Ty lee, ehem, "bonding" with the rest of the Kyoshi warriors, and Iroh all the way in the earth kingdom working that tea shop that I wish i could go to, the only freind she can turn to for help is Zuko, who is feeling guily because Mai died. Use your imagination to figure out what happens next.

If angst is your first thought, you went on the journey with me.

10/8/2010 #177
Kuann

To me, Zutara seems a little forced. Now given that I'm not feeling particularly effluent right now and am new to forum writing in general, I have been waiting for ages to weigh in on the Zutara-Kataang front. And let me just say this.

Many people seem to think that Kataang was last-minute, a half-attempted effort to lump everyone with a partner at the end of the series. I may not be 100% accurate on this, but the majority of Zutara shippers act like Kataang and Maiko were just random relationships thrown together at the end of the show to give a bit of closure. I rarely hear (or read, rather) anyone say anything on what seems to me an obvious intention to put Aang and Katara together. Episodes like The Fortuneteller and The Cave of Two Lovers, that very first "Why are you smiling at me like that?" (Katara), or scenes like the dance in The Headband all point to Kataang, and have from the beginning. Many say that Kataang was just a tribute to the fans, but there are so many Zutara shippers anyway that I doubt any kind of tribute was made. In my humble opinion, Zutara would be more forced than Kataang, as well as Maiko. I personally love writing for all the relationships and to give them a chance. If there was a reason for the couple's breaking up (a good, SOLID reason, not someone just changing their preferences midway through a relationship), such as Aang distancing himself from Katara to protect her from the myriad of enemies he has just for who he is, or if, indeed Mai died, then maybe. But I saw no chemistry between Zuko and Katara, and I couldn't without someone just attributing it to Zuko's big muscles (lol jkjk).

But of course I don't mean this in a derogatory way. Well-written Zutara is as good as the next ship, but it has no intrinsic value to me. That's my two cents. I would, however, love to see a good reason why perhaps Katara and Zuko would come together, in a canon method. I may even want to write about it :)

10/8/2010 #178
TigerShadow

Actually, it's really only Maiko that was forced; Aang's crush on Katara has been there from the beginning. Kataang--all character ages aside--was done very well, whereas Maiko was not, and it's mostly Maiko that not a lot of people like--you can tell that there are significantly less Maikoans than there are Kataangers simply by looking at the fandom size.

I don't ship canon!Zutara. It wouldn't have worked out if it was made canon, because Kuann is right, it would have been forced. I ship fanon!Zutara, because even without the obnoxious Kataang kiss at the end, Zutara wouldn't have fit well into canon.

11/7/2010 #179
Mrs Pettyfer

Kuann - I'm a Zutara shipper, and I see your points. Thank you for giving a nice, open minded post. =) It's nice to read someone who is rational on both sides, lol. Even though I ship Zutara, I can see there wasn't much of canon Zutara. The reason I ship it is because of the potential they could have had...based on their characters. Now if you are ever interested, I am writing a Zutara fic that is post war and begins in Kataang. It's called Eclipse, by the way. I do want to keep it as canon as possible, and to ignore the Kataang relationship is silly. I'm trying to explore both sides to it. =)

I did think the finale kiss with Kataang was thrown together though. If the scene in the EIP didn't happen where Katara tells Aang she's confused after he kisses her, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. Or even if she would have seemed more like she liked it. After that episode, Aang leaves and Katara searches with the group for him before the finale. There's no time for her to even talk to Aang about her confusion or time to sort out those feelings. Then at the end, she apparently got over it and kisses him. I was like 'what?' lol

11/15/2010 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LadyLore3 ScatterSunshine50, moaaa, TheLadyBlackhawk
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member