Roleplays Rock
A place open to any or all roleplays. Join one or start your own!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 91 .. Last Next »
Smiral

IN. IN, IN, IN.

1/30/2011 #2,401
Misroyalty

Am I to assume you're in?

1/30/2011 #2,402
Smiral

You are to assume I'm in.

1/30/2011 #2,403
Patchman Returns

I'm thinking of a BioShock RP, well actually I thought of one; i got the concept down, and the setting and the characters and a bit of the story.

1/30/2011 #2,404
Misroyalty

A Hellsing/Ghost in the Shell/Elfen Lied RP, or can be entirely original.

Europe.

After the stock market crash of 1994, this country would be undergoing radical change that would disfigure the forever. Riots, crime, martial law, natural disasters, epidemics and insecurity caused the death of a hundred million people in the next six years. Two wars in South America against drug traffickers are failures who complete décridibiliser of the U.S. government. It loses its influence and sees several states such as France, Finland and England to declare their independence. Corporate power increases and we see the biggest rise of the military to ensure their own security and defend their interests. Between 2001 and 2004, two wars corporate shake the world economy. More and more cases of genocide, organized crime, mass fraud, espionage or dispossession related activity corporatist appear. In Europe or the Americas, the government is the plaything of the commercial interests of corporations who pull the strings of the political class.

In 2005, the European population is concentrated in cities, subject to overcrowding, crime and rampant pollution. Campaigns are vast wasteland inhabited by nomadic tribes at odds with society, or are the domain of mega-corporations who jealously guard their agricultural land.

Abroad, the worst alongside the best. The unified Europe requires its currency, the Eurodollar, as the main currency of the global economy. It remains, with the exception of England following the path of the USA, a haven of technology, profit and stability. Australia follows suit. Japan follows a similar vote, being the spearhead of the global scientific research. But his government is manipulated by the Mafia and corporations. Russia remains encased in armed conflict and the domination of the underworld on the local economy. A neo-nazi government returned to power, and promotes inaction and isolationism. South America has long been an area of armed conflicts that have scarred. However, some countries like Brazil are raising their heads and seem out of poverty. Africa is a privileged forum for the exchange of Europe and enjoy the wealth of the latter. China also streamlines its productivity and has become an industrial power to be reckoned with.

Far from being crippled by the collapse of the economy, scientific discoveries have literally exploded. Of rapid advances were made in fields such as medicine, micro-mechanics and computer science. The outcomes of this progress is nanotechnology (micro-robots injected into the human body), cyber-technology and virtual realities.

Web technology is to equip the body of implants and thus achieve greater strength, resilience, adaptiveness, speed, etc. ... Cybernetics pushed to its extreme is the replacement full body, which retains the original human being than his brain, the rest being a body synthesis. But beware, it does not use the Cyber Safe: It is known publicly that the addition of implants and dehumanizes the wearer can quickly turn into a dangerous imbalance. This symptom is called "cyberpsychose.

The computer world is everywhere in Europe 2005. The most results of the pervasiveness of computer networks is the matrix, a three-dimensional electronic copy of the real world, which allows addicts virtual worlds, netrunners to act on the real mode by moving the speed of an electrical pulse in the mesh network and interact with him through all the machinery and mechanisms that are connected. But the network is not a safe place, and those that connect directly to their matrix neurons may be toasting the brain, if unfortunately they were to be detected in a fortress protected by data corporatist programs known killers known as "black ice".

The people in this world. Gangsters, cops, detectives, netrunners, rockers or techies, vampires.... Nazis.. they all have in common the willingness to take risks, willingness to stand out and survive in this hostile world. Cybernetics, guns, money, charisma, fame, the virtual world technology are possible means to achieve their goals. What are those goals? open to them to fix it. But a real member of society should keep several things in mind at all times:

- Think fast and well. If you're slow, your enemies are not.

- Living on the edge: do not vegetate, ride the wave of progress and fashion. A person must appear before it, to look good rather than actually being. If you get funds into the mass you die.

- Make a difference: governments, corporations, the mafia are all actors who have made the world what it is and have no interest in seeing change. But the cyberpunk revolution can undermine their projects Sappa their work inside. Cyberpunk as you are there to make a difference.

It's a murky world, dangerous, or glitter and luxury alongside poverty and the world of the street.

In Europe, and truth may be questioned, while potential ally can hide a traitor, every enemy can have a good background and location will appear on conceal a trap.

For this world to be credible, it will take at your imagination to be tested each day. It must constantly surprise, deceive, predict, manipulate everyone in order to survive.

Style is not just unpacking technology, weapons and scenes of action, but a real life experience into a future that could have been ours, with a hand of fate.

=========================================================================================================================================

You should know the rules by now.

Don't be stupid.

No god modding, or meta gaming. Meta Gaming is using OOC Information for IC purposes. In short, even though you know all the secrets of some other character or faction, your character will not.

M-scenes are to be taken to Spear's forum.

Blah blah blah you know the rest

=========================================================================================================================================

Name:

Race(Werewolf, Vampire, Diclonii, Human):

Sex:

Height: (optional)

Weight: (optional)

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Allegiance (Hellsing, Nazi, Vatican, CATHEDRAL, Other):

Abilities/Weapons:

Anything Extra:

1/30/2011 . Edited 1/30/2011 #2,405
Smiral

Nazis should be Millenium, and you should include Diclonii, considering you're including Elfen Lied.

1/30/2011 #2,406
Abysse

Okay, So I just hatched up this idea in the shower.

I'm going for a "boss-battle like" premise here. Bear with me, this is just a basic plot.

The chosen Seven Heroes have awakened yet again, this time, to fight a much more formidable foe. A council made up of seven members as well has arisen to wreak havoc across the galaxy. Known only as the Conglomerate, they aim to extend their hand over galactic domination. Their methods are simple; take over what has surrendered, or punish those who resist. Already they have secured control over much of the Orion Arm. Nothing stands in the way of their expedition across the Milky Way.

Or, everything save the Seven Heroes is out of their way...

A glorious campaign tore through the Orion Arm, eventually reaching the HQ of Conglomerate. The Seven Heroes have arrived to defeat these brutal usurpers.

The battles will be fierce, and may even tear the very planet apart, but it is necessary for the freedom of all.

---------------------------------------------

Alright, so I'm looking for seven capable OC's who can roleplay on an intense level. The battles need to be sheer win and smothered in the sauce of epic. I want battles that bring out emotion, terror, and fury. I want them to be FUCKING EPIC.

I want comrades dying in brethren's arms, and villains holding onto edges of cliffs standing before an abyss. I want you to be so merciless in making it epic, that a noob would cry to his or her mother in jealousy before committing suicide. There are no boundaries (save the standard rules) as to what you can do. Want to tear a portal in space and unleash billions of space-monsters? Be my guest. Want to blow up the sun with a punch? AWESOME, GO FOR IT.

You get the idea. However, thee are things you should take into consideration.

No matter how powerful you are, you must go through each conglomerate Member from lowest power to highest. You cannot skip over. One on one's only unless otherwise agreed. No matter how low the Conglomerate's level is, they will give you trouble.

You may be a hero, but heroes also die. Remember; EMOTION. I will play all villains unless otherwise agreed.

If one person stays behind to fight a Conglomerate member, the rest of the group can ascend the tower to the next battle. Battles cannot merge.

The galaxy is big. Go nuts.

The heroes may or may not succeed, but their defeat will definitely call for a great sequel.

Battles shouldn't be short. Stretch them out a page or two.

Every single OC should be an individual. Make them cool on their own special way; choosing cliche's won't make them cool.

No one power is held by multiple individuals. You cannot choose space or time manipulation, though certain power levels may cause strange temporal distortions. :3

The higher you go, the more tough the opponent. Don't expect to get through easily when you get to the higher levels. If you stay behind and defeat an opponent, you are allowed to ascend and aid your team mates.

---------------------------------

That's what I've got so far.

1/30/2011 #2,407
Misroyalty

I'm mostly just including political and European information. All other information beyond that are to be created by the Rpers. In short, the first character in a faction or of a Diclonii species are to include information surrounding that faction or species.

1/30/2011 #2,408
Smiral

M'kay, so it's a prodigy RP with epic fights? Good premise, but it needs much more. Nothing I can think of immediately, though.

~~~

So, you can include ANY species in this? You're basically making a massive crossover fest that abides with Hellsing's structure?

Did I ever say how much I loved you? Good, just give me a few moments to think of anything else to add.

1/30/2011 . Edited 1/30/2011 #2,409
Misroyalty

Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it. But no, you can't just include ANY species, but if you want to, you'll have to check with me first.

Yeah you pretty much told me that a lot of time already.

1/30/2011 #2,410
Smiral

M'kay.

WAIT! Who, other than you and myself, would join this?

1/30/2011 #2,411
Misroyalty

That's a very good question.

What? Were you expecting an answer?

1/30/2011 #2,412
Smiral

Yes. As a matter of fact, I was hoping for an answer. -_-

1/30/2011 #2,413
HUNK of Chernobyl

You were hoping for an answer? I might have an answer.

1/30/2011 #2,414
Smiral

I can haz che- I mean answer?

1/30/2011 #2,415
HUNK of Chernobyl

Yein (Combination of the german yes and no.)

1/30/2011 #2,416
Abysse

Da.

1/30/2011 #2,417
Smiral

*facepalm*

You know what the answer to everything is? Beer. Beer is the answer to everything. Heineken keg, here I come.

1/30/2011 #2,418
Abysse

I thought it was 42...

1/30/2011 #2,419
Smiral

Well, you were wrong!

1/30/2011 #2,420
HUNK of Chernobyl

I thought the answer to everything was "BOOM HEADSHOT!" ... Guess not...

But I might join.

1/30/2011 #2,421
Tzubasa

Nice idea Abyss. Doesn't actually need more, as I'm envisioning an episodic style rp with distress calls to answer, military commissions to take down villain targets, and just about anything else you can think of in the vast expanse of space.

So, mind pming me a character sheet so I can start now?

1/30/2011 #2,422
Abysse

I was actually envisioning a tower-like scheme, defeating Conglomerate's each floor.

Though now that I think about it, I'd rather have a space-expansive mission-type roleplay where you might encounter a Conglomerate or two.

Sending one now.

1/30/2011 #2,423
Tzubasa

They both work, actually. An enormous Conglomerate space ship the size of Earth itself that our heroes end up on again and again, but never quite defeat. Between those times, space mission time.

1/30/2011 #2,424
Abysse

That sounds good. Sent you the PM.

1/30/2011 #2,425
Doctorre

I would definitely do that. Although I might not if you don't want me in it, I'd rather see it succeed...

ya' dig?

1/30/2011 #2,426
Abysse

You're a capable enough rp'er Delta.

1/30/2011 #2,427
Doctorre

The idea kinda reminds me of the jedi academy rp I was in two years ago, it got hit by that damned forum purge.

In any case, I'm in.

1/30/2011 . Edited 1/30/2011 #2,428
Mephiles666

An RP based on Jumpy's The Underworld Squad.

1/31/2011 #2,429
Tzubasa

We could call it

The Underworld Squad

1/31/2011 #2,430
« Prev Page 1 .. 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 91 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Shrimpy Kay Abysse, LadyApathy, spearofhope
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member