Roleplays Rock
A place open to any or all roleplays. Join one or start your own!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
U.N. Owen the Pain Killer

I'm sure everyone has heard stories of Egyptian kings and their vast hordes of wealth and power. Well those, I guarantee you, are true. As for the stories about curses upon the hordes wealth I was just talking about, well those are just rumors, right? Well, you would be sorely mistaken. Those are real. In fact we're all cursed. Here's a story for you to think about. Once upon a time, there was a pharaoh by the name of King Aswad. He despised all people who weren't Egyptian themselves. He believed those who weren't part of the Egyptian empire were subhuman freaks, that deserved to be slaughtered. His empire reached all across the Sahara, and even into parts of Europe. However, his genocide was left unfinished, by the time of his death. Upon his deathbed, he had his high priests put a curse on all non-Egyptians. The curse was death to all non-Egyptians by the next planetary alignment. Well...according to the scientists we have today, that day is getting pretty damn close. I know you're looking at me like I'm some old fool who's had too many knocks to the head and too much to drink, but let me ask you this: Why is it that there is an increase of deaths in non-Egyptians as of late and an increase in the population of Egyptians? *sigh* You're still not convinced are you? Well what if I told you that King Aswad's tomb is still untouched and that there's mountains of treasure inside? That's what I thought. My name is Captain William O' Conner, and I'll be leading you all on this expedition. We leave next week. I suggest you get your things packed.

-----------------

This is my first RP in a few months so go easy on me, alright?

As the title says this is a Steampunk RP. For those not familiar with steampunk....here's the definition:

This takes place on Earth (duh) but there are some territorial differences. The ancient Egyptian Empire was much larger than it was in real life. Britain controls much of that empire now, so there is a large population of British people and a sprinkling of other nationalities such as, but not limited to, Americans, Germans, etc. There are lighter than air aircraft (Which we will be using) but they're not very practical in the desert due to lack of fuel and the constant sandstorms, so expect to hoof it a good amount of time.

Remember, the people you are playing as are people. They can't use magic, they aren't superhuman, and they can die. Occasionally, I want to see someone drinking water at least once every page. It's the Sahara desert believe it or not so you will get very thirsty. As for oasis' and towns, I'll control where they pop up. So if I see anyone but me say "OASIS/TOWN IN THE DISTANCE!!!" I'll say once we get there, "It's a mirage. Congratulations, you wasted our water." I'm going to shake a dice to see when we'll get to the next oasis or town (I'll post the key for the dice rolls below). We, including myself, are going to be assigned a number 1-20 (Yes there is a twenty person limit because that's the biggest dice I have). If we're out of water and I roll someone's number, they die of dehydration. If your number isn't rolled congratulations you get to live another day. We have about a 30 day (or page) amount of drinking water. If we hit a town or oasis, then we increase our drinking water supply by 10 days.

You can have occupations. These will be very useful on the journey. However, you can also play as the lazy adventurer that has everything done for him too. It's your choice, but if an occupation is already taken, please don't pick that same one. I also don't see an overabundance of lazy adventurers that I mentioned earlier. You can also have weapons too. These are limited to revolver style pistols, bolt action rifles, lever action rifles, and break action (single or double barrel) shotguns. The calibers and gauges must be consistent with the calibers and gauges available in the late 1800's and early 1900's. This forum has a pretty good list of era guns you can use: I also have a book on guns of that era to so if you have questions on the guns just ask me and I'll look it up for you.

Here's the dice rolls:

If 1: One day to town or oasis, no rolls

If 2: Two days to town or oasis, no rolls.

If 3: Three days to town or oasis, no rolls

If 4: Four days to town or oasis, roll once per page (if out of water)

If 5: Five days to town or oasis, roll once per page (if out of water)

If 6: Six days to town or oasis, roll once per page (if out of water)

If 7: One week to town or oasis, roll once per page (if out of water)

...and so on.

Remember guys, have fun! This is an RP not real life :)

--------------

Character sheet:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio: (Doesn't have to be too detailed but it should be at least a paragraph in length)

Weapons (optional):

Other:

11/26/2011 #1
Mister Dreddeth
(using ps3. character limit. will try to fit page in following post.)
12/9/2011 #2
Mister Dreddeth
Name: Mr. Dexter Hawthorne Age: 31 Gender: Male Appearance: Mr. Hawthorne has medium length brown hair under a ragged green bandana and a full beard. His features are noticeably monkeyish, but there is a crafty twinkle in his slightly sunken brown eyes. His build is fit from a life as a bandit. Mr. Hawthorne wears a pair of loose torn khaki trousers tucked into worn brown leather mid-calf boots. His upper body is covered by a comfortable but torn white long sleeved shirt, a ragged green scarf to protect his face from sand and a pair of cracked goggles to shield his eyes. Over this Dexter wears a worn brown leather harness for his gear and worn brown leather gloves to protect his hands. During the cold nights he wears a finely made "acquired" long blue frock coat. Personality: The only man Dexter works for is himself, but he's always willing to collect and "enhance" stories to add to his huge collection of strange tales. Smart and humorous, Dexter is not above cheating but always "settles" his end of a deal.
12/9/2011 #3
Mister Dreddeth
Mr Dexter Hawthorne continued. Occupation: bandit Bio: Dexter is a master storyteller, and it really shows any time anyone asks him anything personal. To one he may say he is a war orphan, to another he may be an exiled noble, and to another he may portray himself as a life long hardened criminal. What is known is that he knows lots of people who owe him a few favors on the side, and that he has openly opposed several criminals on his own territory. He has also been dubbed an "anarchistic madman" by many. Weapons: Dexter has a matched pair of beat up kukri daggers in sheaths on the belt of his harness with one on each hip and a master crafted shashka on his left hip, which he has named Matilda and reserved for only situations he deems "worthy". In a shoulder holster on the left side of the harness is a slightly used 45 caliber Colt Peacemaker. Slung on his back is a slightly used Winchester Model 1895. Other: Dexter's small group of bandits are known as the Green Star.
12/9/2011 #4

(Fixed your character sheet for ya :D)

Name: Mr. Dexter Hawthorne

Appearance: Mr. Hawthorne has medium length brown hair under a ragged green bandana and a full beard. His features are noticeably monkeyish, but there is a crafty twinkle in his slightly sunken brown eyes. His build is fit from a life as a bandit. Mr. Hawthorne wears a pair of loose torn khaki trousers tucked into worn brown leather mid-calf boots. His upper body is covered by a comfortable but torn white long sleeved shirt, a ragged green scarf to protect his face from sand and a pair of cracked goggles to shield his eyes. Over this Dexter wears a worn brown leather harness for his gear and worn brown leather gloves to protect his hands. During the cold nights he wears a finely made "acquired" long blue frock coat.

Personality: The only man Dexter works for is himself, but he's always willing to collect and "enhance" stories to add to his huge collection of strange tales. Smart and humorous, Dexter is not above cheating but always "settles" his end of a deal

Bio: Dexter is a master storyteller, and it really shows any time anyone asks him anything personal. To one he may say he is a war orphan, to another he may be an exiled noble, and to another he may portray himself as a life long hardened criminal. What is known is that he knows lots of people who owe him a few favors on the side, and that he has openly opposed several criminals on his own territory. He has also been dubbed an "anarchistic madman" by many.

Weapons: Dexter has a matched pair of beat up kukri daggers in sheaths on the belt of his harness with one on each hip and a master crafted shashka on his left hip, which he has named Matilda and reserved for only situations he deems "worthy". In a shoulder holster on the left side of the harness is a slightly used 45 caliber Colt Peacemaker. Slung on his back is a slightly used Winchester Model 1895.

Other: Dexter's small group of bandits are known as the Green Star.

(Very interesting character. Accepted. You are number 1 [I mean that in you're awesome for posting in my RP after so many weeks of it sitting neglected and that's also the number you are assigned]. Please remember it :3)

12/10/2011 #5
Mister Dreddeth
(Thank you. This roleplay is definitely more fleshed out than some of the others I've seen. I can't imagine anyone deliberately ignoring such a fine opportunity to hone their storytelling skills.)
12/10/2011 #6

(Meh some people are just afraid to try new things. Believe it or not, I don't bite....hard.)

12/10/2011 #7
xSweetlyShilox

Name: Chastity Michalka

Appearance: A rather small young woman, Chastity doesn't look like she could survive a strong breeze, let alone a desert. Cuts her hair in a chin length black bob and keeps her bangs out of her eyes with a light gold headband with a small fabric flower slapped on while she grows them out. Very pale and thin, with an angular face, almond-shaped brown eyes, and thin pink lips that are almost always slightly open. Wears a short sleeved, baby pink blouse, a golden sash to match her headband, and a poofy magenta skirt with ruffles down the back that could be swallowing her tiny frame. Carries a white parasol and gloves, a light pink sun hat, and her father's worn canteen, is never seen without her bright green notebook.

Personality: Very intelligent and talkative, excited by almost everything she sees, and while she has her book smarts, she isn't street smart at all and can be a bit of a damsel in distress sometimes. Doesn't really have a comfort zone, but when she's angry, sad, or surprised she's practically mute, which can be very refreshing to the people around her..

Bio: While quite a few doubted her, Chastity's experience as a writer for several papers was well known at the college her father got her into and he pushed even harder to get her on the expedition than he had to get her in the school, until she was appointed to go with them and record their travel and what they found. Her father was always fascinated by Egypt and his love of the culture was passed down onto his only child. He would have pushed his way into the expedition himself if he wasn't crippled, but Chastity was the next best thing and the both of them are overjoyed.

Weapons (optional): None

Other: She'll definitely be the weak link in the group

12/16/2011 #8
Reeve's-Revenge

Name: Reeve Johnson.

Appearance: Pale white skin, long blue/black hair, pale green eyes. She is about 5'8 in height, and isn't fat but has a curvy hourglass figure.

Personality: She's tough and sarcastic, but loves to have fun {Her fun is blowing stuff up}

Bio: She was raised in an orphanage in the slums of England. She escaped a bad foster home situation and ended up being raised by some of the higher gangs to be a Merc for them. However the gangs didn't expect her to take whatever money offered and turn on whoever wasn't the highest bidder. She became infamous for not having any qualms about who she shot, and would do just about anything to complete her mission.

Weapons (optional): She owns several different guns, a few revolvers, a rifle. But she also uses homemade bombs.

Other:

12/16/2011 #9

(First one: Accepted. You're number 2. Reeve: I'm going to assign you some gun calibers due to the fact that I have the feeling you don't have much knowledge on the subject. I'll do this, with your permission, once I get home and look at my book on guns. Right now, how do you feel about a 7mm. German Mauser for your rifle? They're fairly powerful and accurate. The only downside is that they're very long guns.)

12/16/2011 #10
Mister Dreddeth
(Can I replace my OC's Colt with a double barreled Howdah pistol?)
12/16/2011 #11

(Sure but I'm sure the gun kicks like a mule [Judging by size of the ammunition, the size of the gun and the presence of a pistol grip) so have it behave as such, especially when you pull both triggers)

12/16/2011 #12
xSweetlyShilox

((Number 2, got it))

12/16/2011 #13
Mister Dreddeth
(I can live with that. It sounds like the sort of intimidation tool a bandit would want.)
12/16/2011 #14
Reeve's-Revenge

{Thank you =) I know a lot about modern day guns... But not very much about old ones =D I've actually been shooting before... Semi-automatic Glocks, AR-15, SKS...}

12/16/2011 #15

(I love SKS's. Cheap, yet reliable gun.)

12/17/2011 #16
Reeve's-Revenge

{For sure =D The kick got me pretty badly in the shoulder though, bruised my shoulder up... But it was fun to shoot!}

12/17/2011 #17
Chainsaw Cake

(Fuck yeah, forums are working again! =D Anyway, if I may...)

Name: Clementine F. McAllister

Appearance: Heart-shaped face, snub nose, freckles, brown eyes and hair, boyish figure. She generally eschews the dresses of her time, preferring practical doctor's garb – or, in this desert setting, khaki explorer's suits (naturally, many of her colleagues look down on her for this). She also carries her late husband's monocle as a keepsake.

Personality: Don't let that darling face fool you – it conceals a mind which both resembles a steel trap and is highly analytical, two traits which greatly assisted her in becoming a doctor. Clementine also holds contempt for debate and loves taking action, which could either lead to quick solutions or disastrous decisions. There are some aspects of Clementine more suited to her looks, such as her love for sweets and gossip, her passion for making new friends, or her hobby of cooking.

Bio: Born into the Worthington family, Clementine's true dream ever since she was six was to become a member of the police force, and not as a desk jockey – she wanted to experience the excitement and hazards of working as a public enforcer. Her parents had no idea what to do with her, until the family met Jeffrey O. McAllister at a soirée. Clementine was attracted to his (for the time) liberal views and monocle, while her parents were attracted to the money behind his family. They married three months later, and while Jeffrey supported Clementine's quest for a progressive job, he insisted she pursue something less dangerous. The two eventually settled on doctor, and Clementine, backed by Jeffrey's money and her own determination, graduated from medical school and immediately began to search for a job which would take her overseas. Her first job took her to Russia, while Jeffrey stayed in London, unable to leave his job as a barrister as he was in the middle of a very profitable case. Unfortunately, Jeffrey was run down by a carriage on the very day he won the case. Fortunately, he left Clementine a large sum of money in his will, which she used to get home and buy a modest home in London. In the last few years, the back room of that house has flourished as a miniature laboratory, with devices and specimens brought from all corners of the world (there's even a dragon's skull!). Clementine continues to work as a doctor, and in her spare time, she travels to exotic locales, tries out foreign recipes, takes charity cases, and does target practice with her shotgun.

Weapons: Smith & Wesson Model 3, Winchester break-action shotgun, case of morphine and syringes (as well as other medical tools of the time).

Other: From a close friend of her husband's, Clementine has learned to pilot a dirigible and drive a motorcar.

1/26/2012 . Edited 2/6/2012 #18
Trolldemort
(Blast it, someone already took the part of doctor. Would you allow me to play as a travelling priest?)
1/27/2012 #19
Chainsaw Cake

(Dammit, why are people ignoring this thread? It's got such great potential!)

1/30/2012 #20
FieldofRoses

Name: Whitteny Cooke

Appearance: Fair skin with a light dusting of freckles, dark hair with bangs that tend to fall in her eyes, bright blue eyes

Personality: One of those people that can never just sit there and do nothing, very likable, extremely clever, but she is very opinionated as has a tendency to loose her temper whenever people disagree with her.

Bio: Whitteny grew up in a rich family that kept her sheltered her entire life. Her parents wouldn't let her do anything without their approval, they weren't even sure if they were going to let her get a job. She imagined herself as an adventurer that no one could ever defeat. When she heard about the expedition, she couldn't help herself. She packed up her stuff and left her home to go on the expedition.

Weapons: None

Other: None

2/5/2012 . Edited 2/5/2012 #21
mindlesspity16

Name:Trase logan

Appearance:Buzz cut black hair. Largely muscelded,6"5

Personality:If you pay enogh what ever you want...

Wepons:Mauser C96, Winchester Model 1894, combot knife

2/5/2012 . Edited 2/5/2012 #22
Forum Moderators: Shrimpy Kay Abysse, LadyApathy, spearofhope
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member