Roleplays Rock
A place open to any or all roleplays. Join one or start your own!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
darkerthanlight

Vitani let out a deep sigh. "Then where do I go now?" She mumbled to herself. Her head bowed down.

6/23/2012 #511
Mephiles666

"If you honestly think there's more to this incident that a single fight against a horde of monsters, go ahead. If you honestly want to go back, I'm not stopping you."

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #512
Rippp

Christine had long since dismounted her bike and entered LE; re-cloaking him as she stepped inside his wide mouth. (The doors.)

She was now on the highest floor inside her office looking over the nano report she had dismissed earlier. Her mind was formulating a new plan to launch them into when two pings on a green digital screen caught her attention. Christine looked up to see two yellow dots on a grid. Bane and Rikka were coming.

She rose and tightened the tan towel around her body, tucking it extra tight so that it wouldn't fall. Bane's and Christine's living corridors were also up on the highest floor (though separated) and made it easier for them both to access. Their offices were nestled in somewhat of hotel rooms though each different in design. Christine's room and office was seen all at once seeing that Christine's living room and office sort of merged into one; while Bane's office (which was fairly big) was seen first and his "hotel" portion discovered later behind a secret wall.

Christine went to her drawer and dressed quickly; pulling on black spandex leggings and a gray casual dress which revealed her collar bone but covered her thighs. She put on a black pair of pumps, slipped on a black Japanese medallion, and ran a hand through her straight dry hair. "Time to get the toys."

6/23/2012 #513
darkerthanlight

Another sigh escaped her throat as she walked out of the resturant and farther into the desert. When she got far enough away that no one could see her she morphed into a camel and began crossing the desert in an attempt to find any of the others.

6/23/2012 #514
Eladon

(Light, there's no way for Vitani to get into the Legion encampment unless they let her weak on in. And there's no reason for them to do that.)

Bane rolled into the Legion encampment less than half an hour later, the protections dissipating slightly to permit them entry. He knew where it was, but the invisibility shields were good enough that the Rikka, it probably looked like the base camp for a small army simply appeared out of nowhere. From the inside, a huge black metal wall surrounded the compound. Vehicles that resembled huge, pitch-black RVs were spaced around evenly. Three squads were jogging around the perimeter, all dressed in solid black uniforms, while several other squads performed exercises by the RVs.

Legion sure liked black.

From around the central tower came a man, alone, somewhat short, in a black trenchcoat. The moment he spotted Bane, he snapped a salute (something none of the other Legion soldiers around had done). Bane nodded to the new man, who then folded his hands behind his back.

"Rikka, this is Captain-general Jacob Stone," Bane said as an indoruction. Stone bowed politely to Rikka.

6/23/2012 #515
Chainsaw Cake

"Rikka Nguvu. New recruit," she said, bowing back. "Does everybody here have the same shields as you?" she asked Bane. "The kind that nullify my Presence?"

This group was decades ahead of her own government; Rikka had known it from the moment the encampment appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Some kind of cloaking technology - she'd overheard a few talks between Development workers about this sort of thing, and she'd heard them say how long it would be until they had even just a viable prototype.

6/23/2012 #516
Mephiles666

Calmly, Trannyth exited the restaurant when it finished its meal. It lifted its hood over its face, hiding its appearance as it had before entering.

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #517
Eladon

"Mine are technically the most top-notch, although the Captain-general's are almost as good," Bane told here. "But yes, all Legion soldiers are equipped with energy shields, and all of them will synchronize with the energy field that creates your Presence."

Stone looked interested about what they were saying, but didn't ask.

6/23/2012 #518
Chainsaw Cake

"No...blowing up heads?" Rikka asked quietly, wonderingly, almost as if she couldn't believe it, and of course that was the case. She'd had to worry about her Presence almost as long as she could remember, and it was almost impossible for her to wrap her brain around the idea that she might not have to worry about it any more...at least not here.

6/23/2012 #519
Eladon

"No head explosions," Bane agreed. "Even the scientists are safe from your Presence. your touch, however, is what we'll want to focus on. For that, we'll need to sun some basic tests. Nothing invasive of painful. It'll only take a few minutes. The results, though, could take longer."

"And since I knew you were coming, I've already had our scientists move everything they'll need to the first floor of the tower," Stone added."No need to worry about moving up and down the tower just yet. And of course, I had to come see you myself. Eventually, I'll be running this base and all operations on not only this planet, but any others we move onto in this entire dimension. However, with Bane here, I'm technically on shore leave."

6/23/2012 #520
Chainsaw Cake

Tests.

...she has successfully recovered from the .45 caliber...

...we will be attempting a head shot next...

...no signs of atrophy...

...spinal implantation has...

...examining how subject will react to loss of an eye -

Nothing invasive or painful. Nothing invasive or painful. Nothing invasive or painful!

But no matter how many times she repeated that to herself, there was a light sheen of panic reflected in Rikka's eyes, and her body grew tense and fearful once more.

6/23/2012 #521
Eladon

Bane didn't seem to notice anything, and continued his walk into the tower, not particularly interest in watching. Stone, though, did notice, and looked a bit concerned, too. "You all right? All we'll need is a DNA sample - a strand of your hair will be fine - and a few energy readings. You might feel a little buzz, but that'll be all."

6/23/2012 #522
Chainsaw Cake

"E-energy readings?" This was new; Rikka wanted to know more. Anything to get her mind off of what it was currently fixated on. "How do those work?"

6/23/2012 #523
Eladon

"Easy enough," Stone explained. "I don't know all the specifics, but all they need to do is look to see what kind of energy you produce. Maybe, if it's not something they can understand, they'll need to run a more close scan - looking at what the energy looks like, not what it is. If they still can't understand it, then they'll reproduce it on their own, probably extrapolating from the sample of your DNA as well. Any further tests will be run on that reproduction, not on you."

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #524
Chainsaw Cake

"Maybe they should just take a sample of what's creating the energy," Rikka said, almost to herself, as they reached the tower's doors.

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #525
Eladon

"That could be painful for you," Stone pointed out. He'd have held one of the doors open for her if they weren't automatic. "Okay, so I don't what what creates the energy, so i can't be sure. But basic medical scans have already indicated that it's tied to your DNA. So that'll give us a big head start."

6/23/2012 #526
Chainsaw Cake

"How did you take one of those already?" Rikka asked, following him into the building. "And besides...well, no, I guess it sort of is organic technology, in a way; it's been invading my body for years and years ever since they implanted me with it...it's attached to my spinal cord, but it's probably spread everywhere by now."

6/23/2012 #527
darkerthanlight

(Not your charry Eladon, Pinkie's)

6/23/2012 #528
Eladon

"The moment you walk into a Legion compound, you get a basic medical scan for injuries," Stone told her. He gestured towards what appeared to be one of two temporary structures in main room, all black with a silver door. "Just go in there, and they'll let you know when they're done scanning. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two, and you won't have to do anything. except stand there and look pretty."

6/23/2012 #529
Chainsaw Cake

Rikka snorted, then carefully stepped into one of the structures. The door whooshed shut behind her.

It was dark; almost too dark for Rikka to make out her own form.

It was small. Especially for someone as big as Rikka.

Don't hyperventilate. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Breathe deeply. Come on. In through the nose, out through the mouth. This is necessary, so get over your stupid irrational phobia. They're not going to hurt you. It can't take too long, right? Don't hyperventilate.

6/23/2012 #530
Eladon

A gentle green light suddenly... appeared, with no visible source, pulsing gently. It covered the entire room, and literally every inch of Rikka, from every angle. It was accompanied by a gentle humming sound.

6/23/2012 #531
Chainsaw Cake

Was this part of the scan? Rikka hated this fearful uncertainty. She was used to what her government had, and it was nothing so advanced as this. She didn't know how anything worked here; she felt like an idiot for the umpteenth time, but this time the feeling was much more intense than usual, and this dose of self-loathing in the middle of a claustrophobic attack was..was...

Don't start fucking crying, you useless bitch! Be strong, because strength is all you have! Use it instead of snivelling like a little brat!

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #532
Eladon

After only about twenty seconds or so, the green light faded away. A couple of seconds later, a blue light came on; color aside, it was identical to the green one, although a few shades darker. The humming was a bit louder now, too.

6/23/2012 #533
Chainsaw Cake

Rikka began an old nervous habit of hers, twisting her hair around her fingers. The more nervous she got, the more tightly she wound her hair; in this case, the skin of her fingertips went tight and itchy from the blood being pushed into them. A fine sweat was starting to break out on her forehead, and it felt as though the walls were breathing around her, expanding slowly in and out...in and out...

Hold on god damn you. What good is your ridiculous strength if it can't even hold back your neuroses during a harmless medical examination?

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #534
Eladon

After another twenty seconds or so of blue light, that faded too, and the door slid open.

"We're done; you're free to go," a woman's voice said quietly. Like the light, it didn't seem to have a visible source.

Stone was still outside; in fact, he was leaning against the front wall of the same room Rikka had been in, waiting.

6/23/2012 #535
Chainsaw Cake

"What's next?" Rikka asked, trying her hardest to look unshaken, like she hadn't spent the past couple minutes in what basically amounted to a phobia-chamber. Her fingers were marked with shallow grooves showing where she'd twisted her hair around them hard enough to cut off circulation.

6/23/2012 #536
Eladon

"Well, it seems that you've pulled out some of your hair in there, so if they need it, they'll fetch it," Stone told here. "Other than that, until they can figure out what to do about all of your strength, you're on shore leave. It's your time; it's your choice."

Bane, by this time, was already in his office, listening to Avina narrate reports form other dimensions.

6/23/2012 #537
Chainsaw Cake

"That's it?" Rikka asked, then cursed herself. She didn't have any right to complain.

She just didn't know what to do on her own. That part of her had been eroded away almost completely - outside of the battlefield, at least - by years of government orders...and the hideous years before that, in which she'd followed orders as quickly and quietly as possible so that the pain could be over sooner. Orders shaped her life, and when she didn't have any, she felt lost and directionless.

6/23/2012 #538
Eladon

"That's it," Stone agreed. "We'd prefer that you stay in the compound for easier access when they're done, but we won't stop you form leaving. Here, you can talk with me, Avina, or to the other folks who're off duty; watch the trainees, look through the Legion database, pretty much whatever you want."

6/23/2012 #539
Chainsaw Cake

"Honestly, at this point I'd settle for being able to find someone to braid my hair for me," Rikka said. "It keeps getting in my face, and it's driving me insane. You wouldn't know how to braid hair, of course," she said with a polite little smile. "I guess I'll need to find someone else to do it for me. Although I am curious about 'trainees...' Do you recruit other people with superpowers, or am I the only one?" Again.

6/23/2012 #540
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Shrimpy Kay Abysse, LadyApathy, spearofhope
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member