Roleplays Rock
A place open to any or all roleplays. Join one or start your own!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
He Who See's

Greetings. I'm relatively new here to the sight and all of its ins and outs, and have been away from RP'ing for about a year now. However, recently I've decided to get back into the swing of things, as it were, and have just created a rough draft version of an RP out of a fic idea I've had going through my head. I'm not sure if its good as it is, or needs some changing to make it better (hence why this is not an actual RP and merely a proposed idea for an actual RP), so I'm wondering what you, the populace of this forum, think. So, without further delay, here's what I've written down so far:

Story Premise:

In one of the many Universes comprising the Multiverse, Alex Mercer, killer, monster, terrorist, and now, Evolution Personified, has acquired godlike power that has made him one of the greatest non-concept entities ever to exsist. So great is his power, that he could bitch smack an entity like Q or Chaos Gods of Warhammer 40 K Universes as though they were three year old babes with bone marrow deficiency and he was a roided up body builder. In his primary base of operations above the world of Eden-Alpha (a planet that he has sown life into in another, non-Milky Way Galaxy in his home Universe), Mercer has been devising a plan to, as he puts it, 'livin things up in the Multiverse.' Though no one, not even his most trusted 'employees' (which include many beings from video-games, tv, movies, comic books, and etc) on the station (which is structured to resemble a combination of Protoss, Zerg, and Terran architecture) knows the full grasp of his plan, they do know that in order for it to succeed, he must test out several devices of his own creation that have something to do with 'dimensional distortion' though have not enquired further for fear that their punishment for doing so will be as great as the one he gave Freddy Kruger once for disobeying him. As the testing grounds for these devices, Alex has designated two versions of Earth that he has a love/hate relationship with (though often times, it appears he feels the latter much more than the former for these two); two earths, which of course, are home to many super-heroes and super-villains (The DCAU and Earth-8096 (Earth's Mightiest Heroes' and Wolverine and the X-Men's earth)). However, since Alex has become a big fan of spectacles and drama since acquiring his power (in favor of the shear amounts of pragmatism his new found powers have and could grant him), instead of easily performing this test himself, he has sent two of his employee's (armed with the knowledge of how to make such devices as well as encyclopedic knowledge on both Universes) to both Universes to use the resources found in them to build the machines and to cause general disarray and panic for the fun of it.

Resources that, as the story unfolds, will come to include many of the characters of both Earths; including ones that were previously killed off, depowered, or otherwise indisposed as well as ones from the past, present, and futureā€¦ Rules:

1.The Character you choose must be a hero or villain that has been seen in the DCAU or Earth-8096 before and not just hinted at (No OC's). For the record though, Darksied, Lex Luthor, Loki, and Kang the Conqueror are off limits, as they are integral to what I have in store.

2.Unless you can convince me that it would be a good idea to allow a single-poster to be the prime writer of two characters, each player can ONLY control a single character.

3.Unless you can convince me that it would be a good idea, player made plots that have the potential to detract TOO much from the main adventure are generally prohibited.

4.Spelling, Grammar, and punctuation: Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation are an absolute must. I can understand the occasional hiccup when writing something (hell, I myself am not immune to making mistakes), but they SHOULD NOT make your posts, as a whole really difficult to read and understand (unless that's how a character speaks or something to that effect) without a full frontal lobotomy.

For example: "With the the furry of a thunderbolt Thor charged at Superman and struck Superman square in the chest with his Uru mallet with such force as to send the man of steel hurtling through the heads of three sentinels knocking them down like giant mechanical bolling-pins."

This sentence is TOLERABLE.Though there are multiple spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, I can get the gist of what's trying to be conveyed and what the hell is going on. Also, it isn't THAT annoying to read. The following however, is an example of what I DON'T want to see:

"Upon further inspection Cole discovered that the room wasn't completely empty, there was a small trunk at the foot of the bed he had woken up in, which looked like it belonged in a hospital, inside the trunk was his clothing, more accurately an exact replica of what he had been wearing the moment he died, but it was all in perfect condition. In the very bottom of the trunk under the clothes was the Amp, though not the one Zeke had made for him, this one was far more advanced in appearance, it looked like something out of a sci-fi movie."

Commas! Commas everywhere!

5. No Shipping or Romances, explicit or otherwise (unless the characters in question are already in a relationship or implied to be in one or unless you can convince me otherwise (but even then, nothing explicit)). This is a story that's primary focus is on Super-Hero Action, Adventure, comedy, and other things to that effect. I trust you to keep the focus on THOSE things rather than what the primary, cheese-cake appeal of Emma Frost is.

6.Go with the flow of the story that has been created in earlier posts by other player characters.

7.I am the DM, GM, Judge, Smart AI, what have you. Though I'm more of a benevolent Dictator who gives quite a bit of free range to his subjects, if you force my hand, I will go Stallin and Hitler on your ass.

8.It would be best if you've seen the shows comprising the DCAU and Earth-8096 so that you can best capture their character and thusly make the experience a much more authentic and enjoyable one.

9.Unless you have the other poster's permission, it is not okay to kill off their character or write for them outside of a fight scene (and even then, instant KO's are generally prohibited. If you want to take another character out of a fight, you're going to have to fight for it for more than one post and give the other character or characters time to respond. After all, no one wants to see their characters go down without at least SOME fighting).

10.Read these rules, and, hopefully, enjoy the RP.

6/23/2012 . Edited 6/23/2012 #1

It seems a bit messy. And the fact that we would have to watch two things in order to understand it, tv shows no less, makes it difficult for me to try and get in to. It seems to be very, sloppy, in some manners.

In my expirence, the more breaks in text you have, and the less references maked in parenthesis you have, the better the chance to draw in RPers

6/24/2012 #2
He Who See's

Would you care to elaborate?

6/24/2012 #3
He Who See's

Would you care to elaborate?

6/24/2012 #4
He Who See's

Sorry for that last post. Tried refreshing the page after 15 or so minutes, and I guess the site interpreted that as making a duplicate post.

6/24/2012 #5

the fact that we would have to watch two things in order to understand it, tv shows no less, makes it difficult for me to try and get in to.

This means that he needs to watch two TV shows that he knows nothing about in order to understand what the RP is about and play in it. He find this discouraging and thus the RP less interesting. He probably doesn't want to risk the waste of time.

In my expirence, the more breaks in text you have...the better the chance to draw in RPers

He is referring to the fact that reading one big paragraph instead of several smaller paragraphs is harder for many of the RPers here.

6/24/2012 #6
Forum Moderators: Shrimpy Kay Abysse, LadyApathy, spearofhope
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member